5.6

1. Jul 12, 2014
    It wasn't bad but it wasn't the best had potential but it was the writing that let it down. Acting was fine but the villain wasn't good. If they started with Sinestro becoming with fear in the first 30 min and made him the main villain it would have been allot better.
  2. Jul 1, 2014
    This movie had been in development since 1997 and they still managed to **** it up. The plot was really small and it tried to show its special effects. This movie is just plain bad. Barely anyrhing is good about it.
  3. Jun 12, 2014
    movie was on TV the other night. I can't say I enjoyed this movie and the reason is the green lantern corp has too many chicken headed aliens and the scientist on earth deformed into some elephant man. But I would like to see a more intelligent version.
  4. May 17, 2014
    Green Lantern is a giant letdown. This movie shows that Marvel is better at making movies then DC. The suit looks awful. I don't know which of the two bad guys is the main villan. In my opinion There are two movies that came out in 2011 that is way better then this movie is, and they are Transformers Dark Of The Moon and X men First Class.
  5. Apr 21, 2014
    This movie was such a disappointment I thought I was going to love this movie and I definitely didn't. There was noting memorable about this movie. If I was asked to re tell what happened in this movie I probably wouldn't be able to and I can usually retell every movie I watch. And the ending of this movie happened so suddenly I still thought there was like 30 minutes left and it went straight from an action scene and then pretty much just ended. A disappointing movie to say the least. Expand
  6. Apr 17, 2014
    Though it lacks the sophisticated storytelling of past superhero movies such as Spider-Man 2, The Dark Knight, or even Iron Man, Green Lantern still manages to dazzle on a visual level, has a plot that manages to stay together all the way through, and has Ryan Reynolds deliver a fun performance as Hal Jordan. All resulting in a decent, if somewhat, faulted superhero film.
  7. Jan 21, 2014
    The trailer made this film actually look like a summer blockbuster to watch out for, the problem was the casting, acting, writing, editing... pretty much the entire film despite the spectacular effects. Mark Strong was the shining light through this storm of terrible.
  8. Jan 12, 2014
    Last year, I rented Green Lantern from iTunes to watch on the Christmas holidays. I heard that it was a terrible movie, but I went ahead and watched it anyways. The movie was OK at the start, but then it just went downhill from there. The acting was kinda crap on certain areas, there was a slight overuse on CGI which made it look like the director was lazy and the story wasn't that interesting because I was left confused with certain parts of the movie.

I do not think that the person who directed this movie did any good with it seeing as they had to switch directors during the making of this movie. It honestly could have done with more finer tuning in a lot of areas if this were to become a great movie. If you are a DC fan and you did not watch the movie, I suggest you don't watch it. You are better off getting the Green Lantern video game than watching this piece of crap.
  9. Dec 8, 2013
    This movie is so bad I don't even know where to begin. It has bad acting from everyone in this film. Its almost like the director said "act like you were on a school play, but worse". Second, the graphics were awful. They even put in a CG mask. Who does that? Third, the script was garbage. It folowed no real plot, which just went from bad to worse. Easily the worst superhero movie of all time.
  10. Nov 12, 2013
    This is one of the worst super hero movies I’ve seen. The plot is common (the hero masters his powers very quickly showing how great humans are), the characters follow the usual stereotypes (the man is irresponsible while the woman is perfectly balanced), the cgi are mediocre or worse (the planet of the Green Lanterns looks like a video game stage) and the action is not convincing (using a giant spring to throw a truck to the villain doesn’t look good). The villains are a huge evil cloud who drinks souls for breakfast and a potato-head who is depressed because daddy doesn't appreciate him. Lastly, there are many Green Lanterns in the universe but they are all useless except for the hero. At least the pacing is fast and the two protagonists, Reynolds and Lively, are pleasant to watch.
    argonautis.eu
  11. Sep 10, 2013
    Not so bad. I liked it and I would like to see it for a second time. Do not listen to the critics and watch it!!! You will enjoy it. One of the most underrated films ever.
  12. Aug 24, 2013
    [2.1] I don't think I'm lying when I say this is the worst movie I've ever seen. It's uninteresting, incredibly unoriginal, and extremely painful. I don't understand how a group of adults, still, in the 2000's can make something so poorly written, and such a mess. For f**k's sake, good movies can make money too!
  13. Aug 16, 2013
    I wonder why i still want to watch this movie. maybe it's just too infamous. for me reynolds still can fit to physical qualification of Jordan. And yes, i like the likeness of Sinestro. But everything else....it just...can be thrown out of the movie. The story...doesn't not engaging at all. All the corps doing nothing just making lamp through the space...just Hal...even Hal action sequences also feels boring and inconsistent. some of the battle he's weak, but he beat Parallax himself. Poor Hal, poor Sinestro, they deserve better. Expand
  14. Aug 2, 2013
    Green Lantern isn't a dissapointment, as I saw its trailers and promotions, I thought it looked like absolute tripe, the many bad reviews made me think that for sure; anyway, it isn't a dissapointment, it's a surprise it's better than I thought it looked. I would have never even considered watching it if I wasn't given it as a joke bithday present from my sister. It's the a silly film in its scenarios and action, but it's super serious with its kinda sucky story line and dialogue. Hal Jordan the main hero barely even goes to the Green Lantern society and when he does, his comrades complain about how 'young' his race is and how stupid he is. The effects and CGI for the most part are overdone and look cheap, but on occaisions, they look pretty good but not impressive by any stretch. Character building/developement is lacking and the relationship between the villian and hero doesn't really develop. The action of the film is silly and cheap, and the film ends quickly and puts a sudden end to the growing climax. The acting, on the otherhand, is okay, not impressive but good enough.

The Green Lantern is a surprisingly mediocre-ish silly/serious action film that does nothing more for the audience than kind of excite them a bit at the climax (that ends suddenly). So I give this film a... 51/100!
  15. Jul 31, 2013
    Boring. Very boring.
    I was never much of a Green Lantern fan, but I still thought he was an interesting character. I was excited for this move to an extent. However, the film is your standard origin story and doesn't do anything unique or even anything special like say... Batman Begins.

To take a character like the Green Lantern and to transform into a mediocre, two dimensional hero
    is... wrong. It's not the worst super hero film. Far, and I mean FAR from it. It's just a mediocre film. A boring one too. Expand
  16. Jul 24, 2013
    this movie of green lantern was a very deception for me .
    Ryan Reynolds has the potential to be the green lantern but the movie is turning to the ridiculous
    the scenario would have been very well but it was badly exploited
  17. egg
    Jul 12, 2013
    Although people have been heavily criticizing this film for its lack of quality and it seeming rushed, both of which I agree with, they had something in there which could have developed into a much better movie. It was entertaining, on the whole, and I found it managed to keep me interested for a long time. I'd like to think myself as a DC geek, and I found myself impressed at how well they'd managed to keep to the original stories.
    I think the critics are complaining primarily because it couldn't get anywhere close to the Dark Knight, which is a very hard act to follow for DC. Anyone remember Batman Begins? It was good, but nothing special, however it led on to one of the greatest films ever made, in most people's opinion. I think that if Warner Bros. wade through all of the bad reception and decide that they will continue on this, they will be able to produce a far better movie for the sequel. Ignore the critics. Rent it if you can and see what you think.
  18. Jul 1, 2013
    We can work with this. Don't do it again. There is no reason to reboot it. There is a decent world created, as long as the script and effects aren't as shoddy, then everything will be fine. No more floating poo monsters next time please.
  19. Jun 28, 2013
    Going into this movie, I didn't expect much. But what I watched was a disaster! Probably the worst super hero movie made!? The story was typical, the cgi was awful! I felt like I was watching cut scenes from PS2 game, the movie felt rushed. Avoid!
  20. Jun 25, 2013
    There have been better superhero movies, MUCH better. But this is still a good superhero film that'll make the comic faithful excited and happy. I liked this movie, there's just something missing, but I really do think this movie was good.
  21. Jun 13, 2013
    Reviews were mixed for Green Lantern although all the trailers I viewed indicated that it would be a movie that I would thoroughly enjoy. And I was right. From beginning to end Green Lantern is a special effects extravaganza and an entertaining origin story. I generally do not care for origin stories because being familiar with a superhero character means I already know the story and would rather see something new. With Green Lantern we really have the best of both worlds. The movie does not delay in placing the ring of power on the finger of Hal Jordan. From there we watch as Hal struggles to meet the burden placed upon him while the Earth is threatened by Parallax one of the Guardians of Oa that has turned evil.

There is good character development with Hal who is depicted as being a womanizing and brash pilot to a responsible superhero. The CGI is top notch and the depiction of Oa, the guardians and many of the other aliens that are a part of the intergalactic Green Lantern Corps rivals the special effects seen in the more recent Star Wars prequels. The relationship between Hal and Dr. Hector Hammond, who is infected with the yellow power of Parallax, could have been better fleshed out and brought to more depth. The same could be said with Hal's relationship with Carol Farris. There seems to be little justification for the affection between the two given the characterization of their earlier antagonism toward one another.

Parallax has a habit of easily defeating the other Green Lanterns in the Corps and after the Guardians of Oa refuse to help him, with the encouragement of Sinestro a future supervillian, Hal faces the Corps most notorious villain alone. I won't give away the ending and although origin stories can be predictable, as this one certainly is, the story is told in a manner which is exciting and entertaining. I am unabashedly a CGI junkie and this movie delivers on that account. Therefore combined with a story that is pretty riveting despite its predictability along with great eye candy The Green Lantern is a good introduction for this underdog and little known superhero.
  22. Jun 13, 2013
    The movie wasn't all that great. It started all great at the top of the mountain but it went down on the bumpy side of the mountain (if you know what i mean). The CGI was okay, it was obvious some times, but at some point of the film you feel like the film isn't really good. An at sometimes you feel like you wasted 10 bucks! The movie was alright, I mean i don"t think its a must see movie. Overall 5.8 out of 10 Expand
  23. Jun 11, 2013
    This movie is being trashed by critics, they just hate it, but this is my opinion. I did have fun with the movie, I thought it was very well acted, and it had a very engrossing buildup, so I liked that part of the movie, but after the rising action reaches the climax, well, there is no climax. The movie seemed a bit anti-climactic when it ends. It just seemed as if they lost all their funding and they just wanted to end it a little to quickly, it seemed as if they ended it just too fast, and that brought down the quality of the movie, but I guess its okay. Expand
  24. Jun 2, 2013
    In an era of the comic book movie this is one of the worst. A lot of pointless story telling mixed with an unimportant villain and some mediocre acting makes you hope they just cancel any sequel plans.
  25. May 16, 2013
    When launched the Green Lantern thought would be a cool movie, but it was not, for me it became a rich experience weak and exploited. Not worth it to have spent money for nothing in a disposable product.
  26. Apr 18, 2013
    Of all the second-rate comic book movies that has occupied most of 2011's summer, "Green Lantern" is the only one of its crowd without a saving grace. "Captain America: The First Avenger" saw a true hero in Steve Rogers, giving as much attention to his human character as with his superhuman attributes. It was the goofy playfulness of "Thor" that made its overall silliness acceptable. "X-Men: First Class" was a prequel that founded itself on prior knowledge, instead of avoiding it. "Green Lantern" doesn't have a singular thing that could make it more than what we already expect. It fulfills the requisites of the superhero genre, then immediately stops trying.

Millions of years ago, long before the nuisance of 3-D, an assembly of aliens called the Guardians formed an intergalactic peace-keeping organization. Each member, called a Green Lantern, was assigned to protect one of the 3,600 sectors of the universe. We're not sure how many planets or galaxies each sector covers, but we trust the judgment of the Guardians. With the whole universe accounted for, the blue, big headed Guardians have decided to spend the rest of their immortal lives in a planet called Oa. This peace is interrupted when a colossal, evil force named Parallax figured that it would be real evil if he started to eat planets; Earth and Oa are on his menu.

Meanwhile, on Earth, our central human characters who coincidentally all have daddy issues, are introduced. Hal Jordan is a reckless test pilot whose actions on the job are always questioned by his authorities. When a severely injured Green Lantern crash lands on our planet, Hal is the one chosen by the Lantern's ring as his replacement. His duty later lands him in Oa, where he meets the Guardians. Plot details are discussed, obvious questions are asked, and shallow dilemmas are regarded with undeserved seriousness as a delay for the obligatory climactic confrontation, like taking 90 minutes to get to a destination 60 minutes away.

Read more here: http://localmoviereview.com/green-lantern-movie-review/
  27. Mar 30, 2013
    why would anyone think that this is a good movie idea is beyond me even so the Execution is ridiculous how can someone is Exposed to something that can travel him anywhere in the universe never act surprised like it was happening to him his entire life this movie don't make any sense in the slightest.
  28. Jan 25, 2013
    above average movie tells the story of the green lantern life and all ryan reynolds acting was decent not epic nor very bad and the other actors are decent also the movie all put together is above average i mean its watchable not that bad and i give it 6/10
  29. Jan 12, 2013
    I don't think I've ever seen so much effort put in to a movie for such mediocre return. What I mean to say is that almost every scene of this movie is absolutely beautiful. Seriously breathtaking visuals. And yet, it's so overwhelmingly boring. What an odd dichotomy. Worth watching if for nothing else than a study in how important it is to have a strong script before you pour so much money and talent in to a project like this. Expand
  30. Jan 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall, Green Lantern is an ok film. There Expand
  31. Dec 30, 2012
    Bad movie in general. The story line was dumb and bad acting. I dont mean to offend any comic book movie lovers but this was the worst comic book movie Ive seen in a long time. And what kind of a mask only covers you eyes???
  32. Dec 7, 2012
    Critics were way to harsh on this one, but the only reason it was ripped apart by critics is because they compared it to X-Men First Class and Thor. This film is actually really hard for me to rate. There are definitely things that needed to be better in the plot and story, but I can't pinpoint what exactly needed to change. I think the main problem with the film is that it just didn't mesh together, especially the beginning. The story just didn't settle all the way is a good way to explain it. Also, the film didn't tap into emotion, which it really needed to, especially since it's a crucial idea to the character and story.

I liked that cast a lot more than I thought I would. I was hesitant about Ryan Reynolds, but he was great here and completely likable, as were Peter Saarsgard and Mark Strong. Blake Lively is also really nice (and hot).

The fighting was entertaining and the CGI was pretty good, definitely nothing special.

Overall, Green Lantern is an average entertaining Superhero film that works. I recommend it!
  33. Dec 2, 2012
    This film is awful. I was really looking forward to watching It and I was really disappointed. The film is slow paced and the fight scenes were abysmal. A film I do not recommend at all.
  34. Nov 24, 2012
    Green Lantern is a decent movie that could have been better but is still a decent movie. Plot: Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) has a great relationship with his father Martin Jordan who is a pilot. When he watches his father fail a takeoff he also witnessess his father die from the jet's explosion. When he grows up he is judged by many for being extremely **** and rebellious which is a form of courage. Meanwhile a Green Lantern, Abin Sur part of the Green Lantern Corps; an army of different specied aliens who have sworn to protect the world with courage converted into energy by rings which possess the green essence of willpower, has failed to re imprison the guardian of the yellow esscence of hate, Parallax. As a last hope he escapes to Earth where Jordan stumbles upon him and inherits his ring. After a series of events Jordan is a trainee in the Green Lantern Corps and swears to use the green essence of willpower as a means of preserving peace. My opinion: If your interested in Green Lantern I would watch this movie, if not this movie is still good at delivering the origin story but compared to other super hero movies does not compete. Expand
  35. Nov 15, 2012
    It's not treacherous, but it's laughable, and it doesn't intend to be.
  36. Oct 23, 2012
    A guilty pleasure. This was the most disappointing comic book movie I ever saw at the movies, that and Spiderman 3. How could they do this to Green Lantern? They have a superhero who travels into space all the time and is practically Star Wars material. WHAT DO THEY DO?!?!?!?! MAKE A MEDIOCRE MOVIE OUT OF AN AWESOME CHARACTER!!!! .... What did you expect? For it to be good?

This movie
    is a so-bad-it's-good movie. I was hoping for a "Dark Knight in space" epic, but what we got was an over-produced, poorly written and terribly acted piece of $200 million dollars that went straight down the box office toilet. What a shame.

Now the guilty pleasures of this movie:

Well this is Green Lantern's motion-picture debut, just not a great one. Some of the scenes are entertaining but HEctor Hammond is so bloody annoying you want to staple his mouth shut for the rest of the movie. His screaming is unbelievably annoying. It's like listening to a podcast of a baby crying 24/7 and never stopping once. So pointless.

As for the plot, the whole thing is a mess and it messes with Green Lantern's mythological background quite a bit. Parallax was never an entity trapped in the ring. Instead he was a corrupted Guardian who wanted to use the power for himself.

Hell, if that wasn't enough, the imagination that Hal uses for the ring is just as limited as the writer's abilities to write awkward dialogue let alone stronger plot and character development.

Thankfully we got The Dark Knight Rises from Warner Brothers and DC Entertainment so we can forgive them for Green Lantern.
  37. Aug 29, 2012
    Ok, there are better superhero movies, but "Green Lantern" is still enjoyable (I would give it a 6, but it's been bad reviewed enough). Ryan Reynolds is a good actor, he really looks like the comic-character Hal Jordan and also the rest of the cast has made a good job. Not a masterpiece, but still worth watching it!
  38. Aug 25, 2012
    I had never heard of the Green Lantern before The Big Bang Theory but now I know why. This film is awful and the whole idea of the character and the universe from which it derives is awful. I know the filmmakers clearly didn't come up with the character's powers but how did this comic ever become successful? The film itself was below par, Ryan Reynolds did his best but no one else can really say they did anything positive in this film (or at least anything of note). Do not watch this film. Expand
  39. Aug 12, 2012
    Disappointing. While the cast does a generally good job with what they are given, and the visual effects are pretty good, the dialogue is poorly written, the pacing sometimes suffers, and the movie tries to do too much in too short of time.
  40. Aug 9, 2012
    Potential is the first thing that comes to mind after watching the green lantern. The movie itself could become a bit boring at times had some decent action sequences though and its just an origin story that never really got too exciting. I feel that they should in fact make a Green Lantern 2 though because ryan reynolds does seem to have what it takes to place the green lantern and would play well into the justice league mold. Expand
  41. Jun 24, 2012
    In no way is "Green Lantern" a hit or superb in its nature, but it isn't awful. Watching, you can find many errors script wise and casting wise, but visually this film is pretty creative. That and some of the comedic elemnts done by Renolds and the ensemble either with thim or at thim make this film not exactly a complete waste of time and somewhat enjoyable. Try not to laugh to hard at the extras and supporting character's choices during the serious scenes, because you might hurt a die-hard Renolds movie fan while they are watching the film. You will. I promise. Just keep it contained. Leaving the theatre with your overpriced ticket and theatre food, I'm sure that you'll look back at the last 105 minutes of your not as a complete waste of time. You'll find at least one thing to happily talk about with your friends. That being against or for the film Expand
  42. Jun 14, 2012
    Green Lantern is laughable because the hero is neither charismatic nor heroic he is just this human being with a lot of special effects on him. The special effects are awful and the acting is terrible. This a severe disappointment. I give this movie 16%. I say this is the worse superhero movie, ever!
  43. May 24, 2012
    Being a HUGE Green Lantern fan, I have to knock this film around some. This movie is an origin story that struggles to give a story that really matters to the audience. It wasn't a failure in execution, but content. I felt that the acting was enjoyable; nobody seemed tired or tasked to add life the characters. The scenery and CG were dazzling, and the musical score was spot on (still looking for the "Green Lantern" theme though). Much of the film seemed to skim over things, like characters and plot points, but I'm guessing that the filmmakers were expecting to make a sequel to follow-up on those. On the whole, the question really becomes "How do you make a movie about an intergalactic superhero/cop without turning the audience off with disbelief?" I could think of a few, but then that wouldn't be critiquing, just making excuses for this film. Expand
  44. May 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't like sci-fi movies, Green Lantern is better like comics. I want see different actors/actress in this movie. I like Ryan Reynolds, but this role isn't for him. Expand
  45. May 16, 2012
    While all the happenings in space is visually jaw-dropping and exciting, Hal Jordan's life on Earth is slow, unfunny and uninteresting. Main characters lack development and vital plot points are practically breezed over. This is a fault of the movie's short length, bearing under two hours long. Not bad, but you could spend your time on better stuff out right now.
  46. May 13, 2012
    Pretty good movie but it seemed short. I loved the dialog and action, but it just seemed to go by really quick and was surprised how fast the final battle happened.
  47. May 12, 2012
    Ryan Reynolds dons a green energy suit and defends Earth from outer space giant alien heads and a crazy scientist? Okay. Not perfect. But its fun all the same, and what superhero movie isn't?
  48. May 3, 2012
    It's not NEARLY as bad as most critics claim it to be. The action was quite good, but from a comic fan's perspective, there really wasn't that much of a focus on the world of the Green Lantern Corp. It's a very Hal Jordan focused origin story. I also did not like the female lead actor's acting. Not the perfect movie, but it was worth an afternoon and 10 bucks.
  49. Mar 28, 2012
    This movie is corn-al-icious, and was painful to watch. It was easily one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Do not watch this, it is terrible, and you could probably AVP more.
  50. Mar 26, 2012
    Story and plot wise the movie is pretty darn bland and very random. Events sort of just happen without any reasonable explanation or emotional connection. For instance in the beginning a Green Lantern dies, who is supposedly a great comrade to another Lantern, we no nothing about him and the other Lantern with a straight face is grieving for the lose. The event is also very confusing because we really donâ Expand
  51. Mar 17, 2012
    Basically this is a movie about a guy who finds a ring and saves the world. That story dates back to like 1930 when comics first came out. This movie is filled with cheesy special effects and dated story. I was very surprised to find this movie was a total bomb. This movie is just terrible and I didn't like it at all.
  52. Mar 7, 2012
    One of the biggest deceptions, I like this film, but in a part I understand the critics, this film have much mistakes, the performance of the good looking Ryan Reynolds is terrible, the only great performance is of Blake Lively, other mistakes are the abuse of the CGi, the bad use of all the Green Lanterns, I wait some like First Flight, or a new The Dark Knight, but is a biggest deception. The Movie is funny for the people that don't meet much about the character, and the only thing that wanna watch are big effects, explosions and only. Expand
  53. Mar 7, 2012
    I honestly expected it to be terrible but I am suprised that I actually enjoyed it. Ryan Reynolds is a solid lead, The rest of the cast is solid as well. Enjoyable action scenes as well. However, It doesnt do a good enough job at explaining the Green Lantern story. It can be confusing, Especially to a person new to the series (like myself). Still, Its an enjoyable film none the less.
  54. Feb 10, 2012
    At this point, it's kind of just another comic book story made into a movie. It's not that bad, but I can't say it's that good either. I mean, what did the people behind the movie expect people were going to think? It's another modern day guy who finds super powers and has to save the universe, probably the five hundredth time this has happened at this point in the DC Comics Universe. I did enjoy watching it, but it still should have been better. Rent it, but don't buy it. Expand
  55. Jan 22, 2012
    Ryan Reynolds has officially ruined his career with this movie. Until this point, he'd been a great comedy actor with some crossovers into drama & action. The only movies of the comic-book inspired superhero genre worth seeing, in my opinion, are the revived Batman series of movies. Even those are getting a bit campy with Bale's overly-dramatic angry whisper-delivered dialogue. Hollywood needs new creative minds badly. Expand
  56. Jan 20, 2012
    Hollywood have done it again!
    This movie felt rushed from beginning to end. Plot wholes everywere and as a comic book nerd i felt raped after watching this movie. Did they even READ the comics? This is just as bad as AVP & AVP:R.
    This movie had a BIG budget and where did all the money go? If you are a comic book fan and like marvel/dc movies i advice you NOT to spend money for this pile
    of shi*. Go and watch Captain America or even Ben Afflecks DareDevil. Expand
  57. Dec 21, 2011
    The main problem with Green Lantern isn't that it's a bad movie. On the contrary, the vast majority of its elements work on film. The effects are superb, and different enough from the mainstream to stand out. The actors are also good in the vast majority - Ryan Reynolds is effortlessly likeable as our titular hero, and Mark Strong is as good as he always is as the fantastically morally complex Sinestro. The action is also extremely well-handled, with director Martin Campbell proving himself to be just as competent at handling special effects-driven filmic spectacle as with the practicall (as he demonstrated in Goldeneye and Casino Royale). The film fails in main because of its exceedingly daft source material. The Green Lantern comics were stupid even by super hero standards, and it would be nigh-on impossible for even the most accomplished director to bring this universe to the big screen with a completely straight face. Luckily, Campbell doesn't take things too seriously, and this results in one of the film's most pleasing moments, when love interest Carol Ferris (Blake Lively) comments on the ridiculousness of people not guessing Green Lantern's identity simply because they "can't see his cheekbones". Even this self-awareness can't save the film as a whole - the ideas behind this stupid universe aren't consistent or fully developed, and visual creativity doesn't stop Green Lantern from being ridiculous. The acting talent of such masters as Tim Robbins is almost completely wasted, and his relationship with estranged son Hector Hammond (Peter Sarsgaard) is woefully under-developed. Despite these obvious failings, Green Lantern remains an entertaining diversion, and a decent, if fairly hollow super hero film. Perhaps if a sequel is made, this intriguing intergalactic cop can truly step into the light... Expand
  58. Dec 19, 2011
    Some parts were just too long and drawn out. The movie fails to capture what a true green lantern movie should have been about. Just when the movie starts to get good, its already reached the end.
  59. Dec 15, 2011
    Despite the fact that "Green Lantern" is getting pummeled by critics, the movie itself isn't that bad. In fact, it does something that no other comic book movie has done yet this year. It takes its time introducing the characters. This was the first movie where I didn't feel like I was being rushed along from one plot point to the next. Before getting into the main story, we learn that Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) is a brash fighter pilot who has the potential to be something greater, and that his friendship with the beautiful Carol Ferris (Blake Lively) is a complicated one. In short, the screenwriters do a nice job of laying the foundation to potentially expand the depth of the characters as the movie progresses. But the problem that arises is that the writers don't do anything more past that point. They fail to take any of the characters in interesting directions. Sure, the characters change as they are supposed to, but every choice that's made is something we've seen in other films. The action is filmed well, but the action scenes themselves don't do anything to lift you out of your seat. This leaves us with only the storyline to rely upon. And what a lame storyline it is. Apparently in the universe, there's green energy which is a manifestation of willpower and yellow energy which encompasses fear. Also, floating around in the universe is a giant octopus with a computer animated face named Parallax. The mythology of "Green Lantern" is hokey, and when there's nothing else to suck us in (no compelling characters or action set pieces), the mythology sticks out like a really ugly blemish. I feel bad for Ryan Reynolds. He really does all he can with the role, and he shows that he can be a competent leading man. But the problem is that the movie surrounding his performance is so mediocre that he can do nothing to save it. Skip this and wait for a summer movie that brings the excitement. Expand
  60. Dec 13, 2011
    This movie won't make you think however it has a solid story and solid acting. If you are a fan of the comic book this is a must see, for the general public overall its not a bad movie.
  61. Dec 13, 2011
    There have been some awesome super hero movies that have come out, and Green Lantern has earned the right to call itself one of them, Ryan Reynolds does a fantastic job, as does the rest of the cast, I would have liked to see more interaction between Hal and the rest of the Lanterns, but that's a small complaint, and it does have some other minor flaws but in the end that doesn't detract from what is one of the best super hero movies of this year. Expand
  62. Dec 10, 2011
    A great performance by Ryan Reynolds and it was really fun he played a test pilot who becomes a superhero with will as his main power i think this was a great movie, the greatest superhero movie i have ever seen.
  63. Nov 28, 2011
    Not as bad as everyone is saying. Some of the CGI is very very questionable but besides that the story of the Hal Jordan is told fairly well. I like d the action sequences and how the power of the ring was explained and used.
  64. Nov 18, 2011
    Green Lantern is not the best superhero movie of 2011, but it does have some cool action and an occasional sense of humor. The story is kind of a mess.
  65. Nov 18, 2011
    This movie is very watchable and entertaining for a superhero movie. The special effects look expensive and the acting (esp Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively) is decent. It makes for an excellent eye-candy piece, especially if you buy it on blu-ray. However, as a faithful interpretation of the Green Lantern lore, I found the movie to be merely okay. The director obviously knew where the characters are generally going to end up. The teaser at the end is very accurate of the character's (Sinestro) fate. However, the movie focuses too much on the character of Hal Jordan and not enough on any of the other green lantern corps members. We never truly get into Sinestro's head or realize what a brute badass Kilowog really is. Overall, I thought Green Lantern First Flight was a far more enjoyable origin story for Green Lantern, even though it is animated. I think 10-20 years down the line when they make a new Green Lantern, (assuming this one does not receive a sequel) this version will be the equivalent to tim burton's Batman being compared to chis nolan's Batman Begins. Expand
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    This is a great example of a non-Nolan DC film, it stinks and its quite horrid. Superman Returns also joins this list. So therefore, the High Council of Film should pass legislation that Christopher Nolan should do all the films for DC Comics, even as a producer, because he'd still have power over the film. These are just my comments, but below is the review.

It nearly induced me into a
    deep sleep. I don't know why. Oh I know! It was very bland, it had a weak, formulaic script, overacting (yes, Ryan Reynolds growls like Batman on one part), convulted direction, and some very crappy CGI. I didn't watch this in 3D, but I was probably smart not to.

Pretty much, this was a terrible movie that was rushed and just was released at the wrong time. I say, they should have put more emphasis on the script than the CGI.

It was pretty funny though how Tim Robbins' character looked almost like Glenn Beck.
  67. Nov 1, 2011
    Setting expectations as side, Green Lantern was weak, clumsy and embarrassing for DC comics. Ryan Reynolds is a decent actor and the only thing that held this movie from being a total disaster. The screenplay and story were a mess full of filler and threads that go nowhere, the action scenes were mostly lame. Parts of the special effects were OK, but most were overdone and made the movie look like an unbelievable green cartoon mashed with real life. The film makers also seem confused to what has made marvel comic movies so successful recently. This movie did not need to be made and does not need to be watched. Pass Expand
  68. Oct 25, 2011
    I have never imagine that a Super Hero film can be this Boring. Seeing Green Lantern makes me wanna say to DC "Please stop making movie except for Batman " . Ryan was good but not perfect ! Blake's character didn't have much to do as well as most of the characters . Spatial Effect was good and only the positive thing in this film . Movie's starting was okay but ending sucked ! DC should take a look at the Marvel Movies and learn how to make a Super Hero movie with Action , Adventure , Funny and well "Not Boring" . I was really looking forward for this movie and now i wish it was never been made ! Hard they are talking about a Sequel . I say "Good Luck losing money" . Expand
  69. Oct 25, 2011
    This movie was OK! It wasn't great, but it was just ok.
    The first scene, where you see his father die, was terrible. I mean, come on! This is an action movie, not a drama/sad movie. The movie was way too focused on Hal Jordan's earth and his life, and not the outer space (which is the meaning of the movie). We wanna see how he defeats the giant monster step by step, and not only one hit!

It takes way to fast for Hal to defeat the monster, haven't you realized that? And the monster is so ugly and slow and just.... boring. I'm sure tons of you guys are thinking "Ah, I can make such a better movie, If i was the director i would have made a masterpiece."

- Jason
  70. Oct 24, 2011
    It's a movie when you see you say: there is no shine in the movie and also has another problem the Senator Hammond has a horrible especial effect. So i have to say the movie is more or less
  71. Oct 19, 2011
    If Blake Lively is the person that has to be saved all the time then there isn't much saving involved in the film. But with all the superhero films I have watched in my life it is definitely up there.
  72. Oct 19, 2011
    I can sum it up in a word "Disappointing". The entire start to the movie, from the badly v.o back story, to the whole fighter pilot scenes, set the movie up really badly. There was no substance, nothing clever, and overall just anti-climactic. Each year, comic book heroes are coming to life nd getting better and better, but unfortunately this one missed the mark entirely.
  73. Oct 15, 2011
    Based on the DC comic character of the same name, Martin Campbellâ
  74. Oct 11, 2011
    Is incredible how in a movie that lasting 2 hours, nothing happens, this movie is boring and lifeless, 2 villains and both didn´t scare you or make you feel danger, one super hero that is more busy flirting with a girl than actually saving the world, and even worst a nonsense story
  75. Oct 3, 2011
    Fun superhero movie, very true to the original comic book and great (corny but cool) comic book stories of its heyday. I read this series as a kid and found this movie to be a worthy rendition --and a blast to watch. There's nothing deep in this movie, just like the books that originated it, and thank goodness. Performances are good! Dialog could have used a little spruce but it served.
  76. Oct 3, 2011
    Green Lantern is so much better than so many other films that have been released recently I expected schlock from all of the negative reviews but I found it to be fun, visually engaging, and the characters interesting,and likeable. This is NOT A BAD MOVIE. It is not perfect but it doesn't insult your intelligence and isn't ultra violent like most. I seriously don't understand the bad reviews it didn't deserve it. This was way better than Transformers- all of them. Also better than the Jar Jar Binks Star Wars atrocities. Expand
  77. Sep 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I actually liked the movie more then the reviews led me to believe I would. I mean... you start out with the big fighter dogfight in the skies and I was like, yeah hey, this is uh, this is alright. It kinda reminded me of the F22 dogfight in Iron Man, and that was a pretty good high-flying action scene. Well here, they're also flying around in fighter planes and it's all cool looking and kinetic. I enjoyed that.

There was a lot of fear about Blake Lively and her performance as Carol Ferris, since the first trailer had that infamously halting line reading, "Hal! This test today! It's! Important!" So yeah, I was very leery of her. But... actually, in the full finished product, I thought she gave an adequate performance. It was okay, it was alright. It wasn't that bad, actually. Her line readings were not like fingernails being scraped across a chalkboard. It wasn't a great performance, but I found that she did fine with the material she was given... which wasn't much. It wasn't compelling stuff, but she did look good delivering it. Maybe that's partially blinding me, I dunno. I'll admit, I find her pretty damn attractive. She's one of those women who's able to look equally as sexy with her natural blonde hair or with dark brunette, which she had here. Right now, I feel like she gave a better accounting of herself then Katie Holmes did in Batman Begins. Not great, but not terrible either.

The stuff on Oa with Sinestro was done really well. I was pleased with Mark Strong's depiction, it felt pitch perfect. He's just conjuring up two or three swords at a time and completely schooling Hal with this training sequence and it's like yeah, that's exactly how Sinestro would behave, he doesn't have time for this upstart rookie. If you gather up 3600 of the bravest and most determined beings in the universe... of course they're all going to be somewhat elitist and headstrong and have no patience for the newbies.

But then you keep watching and the film starts letting you down more and more. The editing is a complete trainwreck and just makes no sense at times. Sinestro leads a taskforce of Lanterns to battle Parallax and they predictably get massacred. That didn't really bother me, but the editing for that sequence was just atrocious. We see them try and net Parallax and he breaks free and begins to suck the fear out of two or three Lanterns and... that's it, cut to Sinestro explaining their defeat to the Guardians back on Oa. Now... why the sudden cut? Why not show us a bit more? Hell, why not actually show us why Sinestro didn't get murderized along with the rest of the lanterns? Parallax just somehow decided to spare Sinestro? He just fed on a couple, got full, and slithered away? Did Sinestro pull any nifty maneuvers or tricks to escape with his life? What the hell happened there? The movie's only about 1 hour and 45 minutes along, so why the **** is it chopped down so damn much? There could've been much more shown to us.

Of course, another example is the confrontation with Hector Hammond in the secret lab. Now, he's just taken out a bunch of security guards, murdered one scientist, knocked out Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett in a real waste of a role here, she didn't do much of anything. I suspect she's not dead because Waller is a big fixture in the DCU and they'd want her back in other films), and barbequed his father Tim Robbins (who for some reason looked even younger then his son Peter Sarsgaard). This is pretty serious stuff here. And yet he just gets to escape at the end of the scene. Why didn't Hal go and pursue him? The man has a giant head and doesn't seem to have any super speed, so it looked like it'd be easy to catch him. Yet nothing happens. We next see Hammond writhing around on his bed, apparently. Nobody thought to check his residence? There'd probably be a massive search for an alien-infected man responsible for the murder of a US Senator, right?

And the design for Parallax was so bad, Jesus Christ. I was kinda open to anything they'd come up with. I mean, in the books, it's just this yellow space insect thing which tends to look a bit silly and you know, why would the embodiment of fear look like a giant bug? It's sorta silly, so I was alright with changing that aspect of it. There's all sorts of different places you could go with that, in order to make it more palateable for audiences. But they for whatever reason decided to go with... a big dark, murky cloud with tentacles and a silly giant head that reminded me of the Martians from "Mars Attacks!" I dunno, I was not feeling that creative decision at all, it looked like a pile of crap. And didn't we learn that giant space clouds make for **** villains, from that second Fantastic Four movie? Why revisit that territory? Given the choice between an octopus cloud and a giant insect... I think I'd probably take the giant insect.
  78. Sep 27, 2011
    this film has really bad effects,the story sucks
    Nli good point is ryan reynolds who does a good job as hal jordan
    Nd some points of d film s entertaining
  79. Sep 23, 2011
    This was not a well conceived film. So much has already been said about how this that I'm not going to pile more on. Instead I'm writing this as a request to future superhero filmmakers. Please try a little harder to take into consideration the age of the mythology. Green Lantern has been around since 1940. That's a full 70 years before anyone thought to put the story on film. That means that if his first fans are still alive, they're in their 80's. Have a little more respect for people's memories. Spend some time on the writing, put aside the egos and let the writers who have talent and are fans of the subject weave the reasons for that love into the story. There are thousands of superhero stories out there and most of them are rightfully forgotten, so the few that stand the test of time have something that has been speaking to people for generations. Find that truth and make it the foundation of every thing the story communicates. And THEN make it look really cool. Also, yes there is subtext, but these are also comics not Shakespeare, so you don't have to bury that too deep. Story first, then merchandising opportunities or whatever else the suits are making you squeeze into it. This film was clearly made for junior high kids, and that's about money, we get it. But throw us 30, 40, 50, and 60 year olds a bone. We want to be transported too. Expand
  80. Sep 11, 2011
    I should say i am an Marvel fan rather than DC Comics but nonetheless this movie was good and definitely worth to be watched. I was not so familiar with Green Lantern before this one and didn't read any comic books of him.Ryan Reynolds did fine and was fit for the role, Just like the time he played Deadpool in X-Men movies. Blake Lively was hot & stunning as we all expected. The boss fight with Parallax in city was actually looking like Kraken scene in Clash of the Titans but all the space fighting and brawl near the sun was exciting. Wish i could be watching this in 3-D. Expand
  81. Sep 10, 2011
    Equipped with poor CGI, decent performance from Ryan Reynolds, and a story that cannot hold itself in one whole piece, "Green Lantern" acknowledges me of DC's prominent failure to move its loved superhero into the big screen.
  82. Sep 4, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of green lantern and this movie certainly didn't disappoint me at all. It had great 3-D, ryan reynolds was perfect for the part. The guardian's of the universe looked great and there was some amazing action. It was kinda weird that yellow wasn't a weakness but whatever.
  83. Aug 31, 2011
    It's a good movie. It's got action, sci-fi, a beautiful woman, a charming male actor, a super hero... The movie's problems lie on its dialogues; and on its obviousness. But it's definitely not a Elektra. It's more like a Hulk 2.
  84. TTT
    Aug 29, 2011
    In this film you can say that the plot is awful and has serious shortcomings ... some parts are nice, but not appreciable. We say that the work would have been better. The Italian dubbing, because I come from 'Italy is very poor compared to the Italian tradition of dubbing would say that is bad in comparison. As soon as I saw him I was not happy ...
  85. Aug 25, 2011
    In brightest day, in blackest night, no crappy movies shall escape my sight. Let brain-dead hacks who cannot write, beware this critic... (referring to Green Lantern) IT'S NO DARK KNIGHT! No indeed. Green Lantern is far, far away from The Dark Knight.
  86. Aug 23, 2011
    Certains m'avaient critiqué du fait que je donnais mon avis (péjoratif) sur le film à partir de la première bande-annonce, qu'il fallait que j'attende le rendu final. Et je dois bien avouer qu'ils avaient raison : Green Lantern est bien pire de ce à quoi je m'attendais. Avec un humour qui tombe toujours à plat, un rendu visuel trop poussé à en être moche à regarder et des acteurs pitoyables, s'ajoutent un manque de punch incroyable (la puissance d'un pouvoir sans limite n'est vraiment pas présente) et tout un tas de clichés incroyables des films du genre. En somme, Green Lantern ne révolutionne pas les films de super-héros, mais il a le culot de se montrer à la hauteur alors qu'il ne l'est pas. Batman peut dormir sur ses deux pointes. Expand
  87. Aug 17, 2011
    The Green Lantern is my favorite DC comic book hero, so you can imagine my excitement as I sat down in the theater. Superhero movies always have a lot of potential, The Green Lantern included, needless to say, I was disappointed. Ryan Reynolds delivered an expressionless, boring character and was not fit for the role at all. Not just Ryan Reynolds though, all the actors do a depressing job at portraying any sort of emotion at all and most perform terribly at their roles. A cliche superhero plot is to be expected, but, unlike some films, this movie had no twists or surprises, and overall failed to impress. The special effects could have been much better, but were satisfactory. The action scenes never reach extreme excitement or explosive fun, but are still good enough to keep you interested. Everything felt rushed; some actually good scenes were cut off too quickly, the final battle came far too fast, and the whole movie I was hoping that one character would stand out and become defined, but alas, they never did. A disappointing superhero movie to say the least. For a superhero movie, this one is rushed, boring and sub-par. Expand
  88. Aug 17, 2011
    I love the Green lantern, but the actors, to put it flatly, are awful. None of them do a respectable job, and it is very predictably, but the action scenes are really good.
  89. Aug 15, 2011
    This wasn't the superhero movie I was trying to see, but thank goodness the movie was a total 3-D waste. OK, I'm not a fan of Green Lantern (he is probably overrated), but how come they still going to make a sequel if it was #1? Are the filmmakers making a second chance opportunity at greatness against Batman and Superman movies? The answer is NO. Nobody even critics wants a Green Lantern sequel because of Ryan Reynolds slow but awkward performance. Green Lantern was another mediocrity in 3-D movies so far and a mild one. I hate Green Lantern and it is one of the worst movies of 2011. Expand
  90. Aug 12, 2011
    Expected to see something more, found it very.... boring, however, its a pretty good adaptation, the acting is terrible and disappointing, and also, the effects are good, but the acting is as bad as Transformers's
  91. Aug 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think it is a good movie but not a great movie, is like one of those movies you see when you don't have something better to do, the plot seems to be good but I could note than there are missing pieces, you can think, among other things that one new untrained green lantern can defeat an ancient an dangerous enemy so easily when a group of the best fearless well trained lanterns fail on the task, it just don't make any sense... Expand
  92. Aug 2, 2011
    It's another Marvel film but it wasn't a good one like Captain America I like seeing Ryan Reynolds and he was trying to give a good job in this movie so it is not his fault for the bad review. It not a movie that you should go out of your way to watch. Just wait till it comes on T.V. or go if someone offers to buy your ticket.
  93. Aug 1, 2011
    cool movie, great sound, and awesome on th big screen. any super hero fan wil sure like this movie.,
  94. Jul 31, 2011
    The Green Lantern is the best movie of all time. great summer flick. All DC superhero fans should know about Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern corps. overall this movie is awesome and will inpress everybody
  95. Jul 31, 2011
    Comparing this movie to other superhero movies its BAD. Bad Dialogue, just bad. Good scenery though i'll give them credit for that. This movie is so bad I can't even write a bad review. Read another bad review and that is how I feel lol.
  96. Jul 31, 2011
    There are plenty of bad movies been released this year, but i will draw my attention to the biggest disapointment of the year. Green lantern looked AMAZING in the trailer and it really does portray an epic tale of good vs evil , Will vs Fear. Me being an avid green lantern fan and a follower of DC comics i was looking forward to DC's 3rd major movie release other than batman and superman. With the huge depth of super heroes from DC unvierse to make movies on i thought that this movie would be one of the best movies out there this year. Oh how wrong was I. Even for me a true fan of the GL, this movie is utter rubbish. Its really boring, takes forever to get going and when it does it ends. It feels more like a setup for a second movie (at the end you will see why) but given how much it has flopped unless they know the 2nd movie will be a million times better than this, no one would go near it with a barge pole. The acting is okay in my opinon, Ryan Reynolds does a good job as the GL but his supporting cast look like they couldnt care less. The Special effects are good when you get to see some action but its not enough. If you are not gonna have action scenes then at least replace them with an engaging story, Unfortnately it dosent, stay away from this title its very, very poor. Expand
  97. Jul 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I left this movie feeling pretty good.....and then I thought about one of things I liked best about it - the 3D effect. As far as superhero movies go, this one delivered. As for something new and "uninvented"...not at all. This was pretty much the superhero meets girl, girl falls in love with superhero, girl finds out uninteresting guy she knows is superhero. Don't dare see this without the 3D effect....you may be "green" with envy of those who did. Expand
  98. Jul 27, 2011
    whoops i ment to give it a 1 on my first review! I hope this isn't too late for me!
  99. Jul 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The future of mankind depends on the joystick doings of a college-bound kid who lives in a trailer park. It's 1984, and Alex Rogan is going for the Starfighter record, blasting spaceships on a coin-operated video game in pursuit of a million points before a live audience. When he crosses the threshold, you know the record is legitimate because Alex breaks the mark on a sanctioned machine, which makes all the difference in the world, according to Billy Mitchell, who discredits the world record-breaking Donkey Kong score posted by Washington resident Steve Wiebe in "The King of Kong", the 2007 documentary about the subculture of competitive gaming. 874,300 and 1,006,600 are meaningless numbers, relevant only to an insular group of eighties refugees, but in "The Last Starfighter", the score matters; it's actually a world record, tied with other players, extra-terrestrials from distant galaxies who presumably are all smarter than Alex, which proves Twin Galaxies referee Walter Day right with his claim that first generation arcade games require "comprehensive thinking". Whereas Wiebe, a middle-school science teacher, drives cross-country to New Hampshire for a winner-take-all showdown with Mitchell, a chicken wing hot sauce tycoon, Alex's journey takes him to the stars, as he's transported across the universe by Centauri, an interplanetary recruiter for Rylos, the planet where Alex, a jack-of-all-trades(including plumber, just like Mario), is expected to defend the Kodan Armada from Xur. It's the video game's premise come to life; it's a ten-year-old kid's wet dream, but Alex's brother is too busy ogling centerfolds from his Playboy stash. Early on, "The Last Starfighter" recognized the potential for arrested development in video game-playing males. Exhibit A: the "boys" at Fun Spot whose lives are centered around a Donkey Kong champion, twenty-three years after the film last played in theaters. This should be Louis' adventure. Released one year after Dragon's Lair(the first role-playing coin-op), the "Star Wars" knockoff demonstrates how anything could be an avatar, be it an interstellar fighter pilot or an Italian-American plumber-turned-"Average Joe" superhero, and more importantly, shows how the movies would someday resemble video games, in which "The Green Lantern" is just one more spectacle-laden example. In essence, Hal Jordan flies his plane like a gamer, breaking the rules of engagement like Maverick in "Top Gun", but Cruise managed to be human, unlike the superhero, who is clearly a cipher. The ring chooses Hal by default, since earth just happens to be the planet that Abin Sur crashes on. Earth has no affiliation with the Green Lantern Corps., whose leader deems the human species worthy only of his contempt. Alex, likewise, is considered to be a fluke. Centauri explains how the machine was originally headed for Vegas, but inexplicably, it turned up at a "fleaspeck trailer park", completely incongruous to its natural surroundings, an arcade, just like how the monolith in "2001: A Space Odyssey" winds up in the African desert, causing a disturbance among the apes(Donkey Kong, a gorilla, is a kind of ape). Earth isn't even a part of the league. Humans are comparably stupid. However, similar to how the monolith instilled that first ape with the intelligence to use the bone as a weapon, the machine makes Alex smarter, bringing him up to speed in order to make him competitive with the higher-evolved recruits. Like "The Last Starfighter", this latest DC Comics adaptation features a loss of narrative momentum, in which both protagonists return home when earth doesn't seem to be in any imminent danger. "Save the whales, but not the universe," observes Alex's replicant when the humanoid first sees the conscientious objector. Like the would-be starfighter, Hal is also an isolationist; he doesn't see how the Parallax's rampage against the planets of his Green Lantern brethren affects earth. Cowards at heart, nevertheless, self-preservation keeps both Hal and Alex alive and enables them to save their home when it comes under attack. At Alex's orientation for the Rylan Star League, the "death or victory" chant that comes at the end of the speaker's closing statements recall the Japanese mentality during WWII, turning the starfighter recruits into something akin to kamikaze pilots. Alex, being American, is impervious to the brainwashing. Similarly, the Parallax possesses the same quintessential war period Japanese characteristic of fearlessness, as embodied by the fear essence's "yellow" energy. It's Hal's humanity; his admission of being afraid to die which makes him successful against the Parallax and Hector, whose bulbous head, a result of exposure to radiation, could be interpreted as a reference to the atomic bombs that leveled Japan. Donkey Kong is suicide too. Most games "don't last a minute". It's suicide, manufactured by Nintendo. Expand
  100. Jul 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Don't listen to the critics. They were probably expecting another "Batman Begins", were disappointed because they instead got something more kid-friendly, and overreacted about. Well, except for Armond White, who thinks Green Lantern, X-Men: First Class, and Thor are racist. Green Lantern and Thor are NOT racist, and I haven't seen First Class, but I'm 100% sure it's not racist either. Okay, back on topic. This film is entertaining, fun, and refreshing. It did feel rushed at times, although not as much as Spider-Man 3, and out of the two, Green Lantern is the better one. I was disappointed in Parallax, who looked fake. Green Lantern's CGI mask still looked very fake. As itsjustsomerandomguy's Magneto said...... are they gonna be done with that thing before the blu-ray comes out. Well, everyone should be glad it wasn't as fake as the shark in "Jaws: The Revenge".
    Like Thor and Captain America, Green Lantern stayed true to the comics. If any of you wonder why Sinestro was Hal's mentor rather than his nemesis, it's because that was the case in the comics. So frankly, X-Men: First Class, from the looks of the trailer, looks like it's the only superhero movie of the summer that didn't stay very true to the comics. But anyway, Mark Strong did his role better than anyone else. Ryan Reynolds did his role well, too, but not as good as Mark Strong. Same with the rest of the cast. Like I said, don't skip this movie because the critics hated it. In my opinion, this movie is a lot of fun, and go see it and then have your own opinion about the movie.

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Jun 23, 2011
    It's a helluva comic book, to be sure, but it's a godawful mess of a movie.
    Apart from having no particular reason to exist onscreen, especially at these prices, it's not half bad.
  3. Reviewed by: Glen Weldon
    Jun 17, 2011
    The film splinters into three near-discrete storylines that don't play all that well together.