8.7

1. Apr 30, 2011
    I still enjoy watching the X-Games and I also enjoy a good stupid movie every once in a while. Hell, I could still watch Dumb and Dumber. When I first heard about this (I was 10) and I was thinking that this could be pretty awesome, skateboards and comedy. Well, it has skateboards but it is devoid of laughs. Maybe it's one of those you can only enjoy stoned. Wish I was, that way I couldI still enjoy watching the X-Games and I also enjoy a good stupid movie every once in a while. Hell, I could still watch Dumb and Dumber. When I first heard about this (I was 10) and I was thinking that this could be pretty awesome, skateboards and comedy. Well, it has skateboards but it is devoid of laughs. Maybe it's one of those you can only enjoy stoned. Wish I was, that way I could forget about it. Expand
  2. ClaireM.
    Aug 9, 2003
    Appallingly bad. Painful to watch.
  3. ShelbyS
    Jun 20, 2005
    Dudes, This movie was awsome blossom! You have problems if you didn't like this movie! This is the awsomest movie that I watched! LAter dudes! Shelby.
  4. JackT.
    Oct 20, 2004
    I can do some of those tricks but not mctwist. Good movie.
  5. AshleyG.
    Mar 13, 2004
    Grind - a great skateboarding film that encourages people to live out there dreams. A funny film based on 4 students trying to fufil their dreams, and actually do. Though there are some "Strange" moments with Matt Jensen (Vince Vieluf), the whole movie is put together in a fine way with comedy and awesome skating talent. I rate this film 10.
  6. RayS.
    Jun 29, 2004
    The funniest movie on the planet, you have to be a skateboarder or involved with them to understand it. not a know it all critic.
  7. jacquir.
    Jan 12, 2005
    It was great..... .....mike vogel is SOOOOO HOT.
  8. JerryH.
    Aug 11, 2003
    Awesome! Totally Awesome! Wooderson, I mean Sweet Lou, Rocks!
  9. JamieS.
    Aug 16, 2003
    i thought this movie was AWESOME and eric and dustin were HOTTT. The skateboarding in this movie was tight and it was hilarious.
  10. WilliamM.
    Aug 8, 2003
    Let me just say this: Sweet Lou, though a blatant rip-off of Wooderson from "Dazed & Confused", is funny as hell. Furthermore, Matt's physical comedy is infectious. However, the lead character Eric is horribly mis-cast and Jason London is a total waste. And was Bam Margera acting?? I don't think so. It was nice to see Bob Burnquist (for a split-second), however.
  11. GrantD.
    Feb 21, 2004
    If you didn't like this movie, then you apparently don't know what a good movie is. Grind is hillarious. Casey La Scala did a wonderful job getting shots of everyone skateboarding as well as keeping the storyline going. It is definitely worth the time it takes to watch the movie and more.
  12. JessicaC.
    Mar 22, 2004
    Awesome movie.
  13. ScottC.
    Mar 4, 2004
    Best movie I've seen in a while, I laughed, I cried, pretty good acting for the most part. The plot isn't too difficult to figure out, but the camera work, the script, and the emotions and thoughts that the film get at are all very refreshing and touching. Some off the subplots are a little bit tedious, but overall an excellent movie.
  14. GiniaK.
    Apr 11, 2004
    This movie is AWESOME!!
  15. Katy
    May 23, 2004
    I love this movie! It's freakin' hilarious and the skateboarding is rad! Any movie with Bam Margera is worth seeing!
  16. TomH
    Aug 2, 2004
    That movie sucked. I'm a skater and they made skaters look like trendy d..... bags.
  17. TylerD.
    Sep 10, 2005
    I absolutely LOVE this movie. How could the critics be so harsh on it? It's amazing.
  18. Matt
    Aug 16, 2003
    This wasn't a great film but if you are just out of hs it shows you can do other things than college if you put your mind to it...maybe not skateboarding but something.
    Aug 18, 2003
    Great Movie Mike Vogel was very HOT is this movie!!!!!! I love this movie and i hope more sk8 movies come out!! GREAT JOB!!!
  20. CrazySkater
    Mar 27, 2004
    Grind - A skateboarding movie that really ROCKED! It was very funny and cool! All you people that gave Grind a low rating YOU SUCK!!
  21. NinjaMafia
    Nov 13, 2003
    I almost walked out of the theatre on this one. I hate walking out of theatres no matter how bad a movie is. but this one was just horrible. Grind is about a bunch of stereotypical people that decide to try to get noticed with their skating before they go to college. There is the geeky workaholic. Then a disgusting pig of a man,and the main character who is, well the main character. I I almost walked out of the theatre on this one. I hate walking out of theatres no matter how bad a movie is. but this one was just horrible. Grind is about a bunch of stereotypical people that decide to try to get noticed with their skating before they go to college. There is the geeky workaholic. Then a disgusting pig of a man,and the main character who is, well the main character. I could almost predict everything that was going to happen in this movie. This movie was just a big movie cow for whoever made it. There were constant mountain dew signs everywhere. I don't need to be told what to drink while watching a movie. The whole movie felt like an hour and a half long commercial for mountain dew. It disgusted me to the point of no end. The characters were flat and boring to watch. The storyline was extremely stupid. and the acting was non-existent. Save yourself some time and don't even go anywhere near Grind. Expand
  22. TomW.
    Nov 12, 2004
    Grind was the best freakin movie ever made us skaters feel proud.
  23. KathyC.
    Nov 13, 2004
    Awesome movie, loved the skating and loved all the celebrities in the movie. FREAKING AWESOME.

First-time director Casey La Scala and some talented stunt doubles squeeze in a fair amount of impressive skating footage, but the film around it will gleam the cube only of viewers with an unusually high tolerance for porta-toilet and Dutch-oven gags.
    Suitable entertainment for boys too young to shave.
    If you've recently watched that great skateboarding documentary "Dogtown and Z-Boys," Grind will play like a soft-pedaled Afterschool Special.