Grindhouse

8.0

1. May 18, 2012
    Death proof is a very well-paced film with some quite amazing action sequences, and has a very satisfying ending of female empowerment. Planet terror on the other hand is just plain bloody, disguisting, and gory fun.
  2. Nov 26, 2012
    1 great film, 1 pretty good one. Planet Terror is just awesome - an absolute masterclass in B-film making! It simply takes all the things which we love about those movies and throws them all into one cheesy, gore-laden flick. End of. Death Proof is good, but can drag at times with a bit too much dialogue in some scenes and a slightly stretched finale. Kurt Russell plays the charming, yet1 great film, 1 pretty good one. Planet Terror is just awesome - an absolute masterclass in B-film making! It simply takes all the things which we love about those movies and throws them all into one cheesy, gore-laden flick. End of. Death Proof is good, but can drag at times with a bit too much dialogue in some scenes and a slightly stretched finale. Kurt Russell plays the charming, yet dark stuntman, absolutely superbly though and adds some real quality moments to it. Worth buying for Planet Terror alone, but Death Proof makes a nice bonus film. Expand
  3. Jun 21, 2012
    This film proves Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez are in need of a therapist , which one should realize means nothing bad about this exploitation film jewel. Both movie in this feature are worth watching if you like violence and girls.
  4. Mar 7, 2016
    Death Proof: It may not be Tarantino's finest piece of work - but it is one hell of a ride once it picks up speed. The first act requires patience, but fully prepares you for the brilliant second sequence.
  5. Mar 9, 2013
    Directed and Written spectaculary, Grindhouse is on all levels one of the best horror films ever not because of its pleasing terror and gorey sickening violence but because of its set-up as an old cinematic horror setting in which movie trailers were provided making the plot so much better.
  6. Jan 22, 2014
    Two excellent films shown back to back. The better being Tarantino's 'Death Proof' as he proves Kurt Russell still has the chops. Rodriguez's 'Planet Terror' gives Rose McGowan the starring role she's always deserved.
  7. Jul 15, 2016
    My least favourite Tarantino film by a mile but still solid and great fun. I seriously hope he abandons his wish to only do two more films (after his recent 'The Hateful Eight') and then retire, but chacun son gout, as the French would say, and everyone should be able to do whatever they want as long as they don't hurt anyone else, right? And if anyone of recent vintage (the past 25 years)My least favourite Tarantino film by a mile but still solid and great fun. I seriously hope he abandons his wish to only do two more films (after his recent 'The Hateful Eight') and then retire, but chacun son gout, as the French would say, and everyone should be able to do whatever they want as long as they don't hurt anyone else, right? And if anyone of recent vintage (the past 25 years) deserves that, it's Tarantino, I suppose, but still, I hope he's lying. Expand
  8. May 16, 2014
    one of the bad ass director Rodriguez and Tarentino Present their films Planet terror and death proof into grind house . so far Robert Rodriguez has done it again made one of the grusesome , thrilling , epic zombie film i have ever seen ". He did it again with Machete and Sin City . Grade A+
  9. Apr 17, 2016
    I liked Rodriguez' film more than Tarantino's at first. But a few hours later I feel like I under appreciated Death Proof, just because it didn't continue the "campyness" of Planet Terror, but it is a really cool and different kind of Tarantino film. The most innovative film to come to major theatres in probably over a year. 9/10
  10. Sep 9, 2016
    At first I preferred Planet Terror to Death Proof, but a few hours later I felt as if I under appreciated Death Proof just because it didn't continue the "campyness" of Planet Terror, but it is a really cool and different kind of Tarantino film. The most innovative film to come to major theatres in probably over a year.

1. If you were keeping score, it would be Quentin Tarantino 1, Robert Rodriguez 0.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Planet Terror delivers only momentary kicks...while Tarantino's Death Proof is a juicy, delicious treat, its pleasures stem much less from the play with genre conventions than from great dialogue and electric performances.
    This monumentally pointless movie is best summarized by a line from Planet Terror: "At some point in your life, you find a use for every useless talent you have." Rodriguez, Tarantino, and Co. aim for nothing more noble than to freak the funk, and it's about godd--- time. Go wasted, go stoned, go without your parents' permission. In paying homage to an obsolete form of movie culture, Grindhouse delivers a dropkick to ours.