7.5

1. May 16, 2014
    one of the bad ass director Rodriguez and Tarentino Present their films Planet terror and death proof into grind house . so far Robert Rodriguez has done it again made one of the grusesome , thrilling , epic zombie film i have ever seen ". He did it again with Machete and Sin City . Grade A+
  2. Mar 27, 2014
    I bought Grindhouse, and I thanked myself for it. Grindhouse is a true 80's exploitation film, both packing humor and gore in a 4 hour package. PLANET TERROR: 8/10- There is no doubt that Rodriguez's kick ass film Planet Terror is awesome. Rose McGowan is awesome, her acting is a blend of terror and mischief, while other A listers, which include- Josh Brolin, Bruce Willis and Tarantino himself are pretty good as well. Planet Terror is a 2 hour film- which is pretty long for something that is like a SNL sketch, the comic timing was funny and the gore was over the top. Seems like Rodriguez watched a lot of B movies lately. Undoubtedly, Planet Terror is a slow but a crazy, fun, over the top and sexy ride that can be enjoyed by a lot of action junkies. DEATH PROOF: 6/10- The second entry is by Quentin Tarantino. Surprised? Well, I sure was when I heard Death Proof was included in the package. But Death Proof is not the type of movie that looks like it has been made by Tarantino. I mean, that guy made Pulp Fiction! A grand tour de force of filmmaking! What happened here?!! Kurt Russell CAN ACT. And in Death Proof, his acting is top notch, and so is Zoe Bell and Rosario Dawson. But the dialogue- well, I kinda hate myself to say this but, it's very long and boring. I love Tarantino's dialogues- they make the movie even better. But here it's a different case. Car chases are pretty impressive and the songs are good too. But the cheap writing and story don't help and add misery to your experience. Overall, Death Proof is a one time watch by any means and not a great entry in Grindhouse. Well, Grindhouse is very fun and cheesy. This most fun you will have at the movies. Oh, and the fake trailers are super funny. :) Expand
  3. Jan 22, 2014
    Two excellent films shown back to back. The better being Tarantino's 'Death Proof' as he proves Kurt Russell still has the chops. Rodriguez's 'Planet Terror' gives Rose McGowan the starring role she's always deserved.
  4. Dec 31, 2013
    Grindhouse is a trip down memory lane for the 70's and 80's moviegoers. The great thing is that both movies could stand alone. Planet Terror is okay, but Tarantino's Death Proof takes the cake. Planet Terror is more pulpy while Death Proof is more gory. Definitely not Tarantino's best movie (and in that right, it's probably his least best), but still fun to watch.
  5. May 25, 2013
    As of yet I haven't seen Planet Terror so can't comment as to its quality. As for Death Proof, it features the usual entertaining dialogue, stunts and bursts of violence you'd expect from a Tarantino movie but just lacks the flair that made films like Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill into cult classics.
  6. May 15, 2013
    Tribute to zombie movies a nifty produced by Robert Rodriguez, but gets to be a bit weird and super disgusting, yet guarantees fun with ridiculously bizarre scenes funnier. good movie
  7. Mar 16, 2013
    Drugs, sex and a hell of a lot of violence, what else do you need in a film? A story would have gone amiss though. Grindhouse is a modern day...Grindhouse film, it brings together the amazing writing skills of Trantino and the not very talented at anything Rodriguez to make two films and put them in the same box.
    Planet Terror, directed by Rodriguez, is the more violent of the two films.
    It is a family friendly horror film that you can sit down, watch, then forget about in 10 minutes because there was no plot, bad actors and some pretty special effects...but then again it wouldn't be Grindhouse if it didn't have these attributes. Very fun if you are drunk, a bit of a bore if you aren't.
    Deathproof is Tarantino's baby. Now you will only like Deathproof if you like Tarantino, take that as a warning. The film is already about 50 minutes in before anything exciting happens and then there is only one other action sequence after that, but it does provide some very good quotes for you and your buddies to bust out, just like Pulp Fiction did (lets face it, who doesn't quote Pulp Fiction).
    Personally I prefer Deathproof, but that's because I like Tarantino and I dont like Rodriguez. But both films are worth it for a reasonable price, nothing over £10 for the Blu-Ray though.
    P.S: Deathproof is also better because of Mary Elizabeth Winstead wearing a cheerleader costume...dat body
  8. Mar 9, 2013
    Directed and Written spectaculary, Grindhouse is on all levels one of the best horror films ever not because of its pleasing terror and gorey sickening violence but because of its set-up as an old cinematic horror setting in which movie trailers were provided making the plot so much better.
  9. Feb 10, 2013
    Planet Terror was ok, I give it a 5. Ending was poor and I hated how it skipped a huge sequence near the end of the film (they arrive at the bar and then it skips to it being being set on fire after a huge fight). Still entertaining, Although in a stupid sort of way. I liked Death Proof but it was too long imo, It could have been a lot shorter. Also, The ending absolutely ruined the film imo, It was terrible and was a huge slap to the face after sitting through the near 2 hour run time. Overall, I went into it with no expectations so I wasn't greatly disapointed but I was disapointed none the less. Expand
  10. Nov 26, 2012
    1 great film, 1 pretty good one. Planet Terror is just awesome - an absolute masterclass in B-film making! It simply takes all the things which we love about those movies and throws them all into one cheesy, gore-laden flick. End of. Death Proof is good, but can drag at times with a bit too much dialogue in some scenes and a slightly stretched finale. Kurt Russell plays the charming, yet dark stuntman, absolutely superbly though and adds some real quality moments to it. Worth buying for Planet Terror alone, but Death Proof makes a nice bonus film. Expand
  11. Jun 21, 2012
    This film proves Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez are in need of a therapist , which one should realize means nothing bad about this exploitation film jewel. Both movie in this feature are worth watching if you like violence and girls.
  12. May 18, 2012
    Death proof is a very well-paced film with some quite amazing action sequences, and has a very satisfying ending of female empowerment. Planet terror on the other hand is just plain bloody, disguisting, and gory fun.
  13. Dec 1, 2011
    How in Holy hell is this at 7.4???
    Watched Death Proof. Women talking for the vast majority of the film with the single dumbest **** ending ever.
    Anyone that says this is good would gladly get on their knees and let Tarantino spunk in their mouth.
    **** hell...
  14. Sep 29, 2011
    So far I have seen only "Planet Terror" for this movie, but its just bloody and gruesome. What is the point of remaking a 80's exploitation film? I definitely gave up watching "Death Proof" after the end of the film. I just can't.
  15. Aug 30, 2011
    Brilliant. That's all I can say about this beautiful collage of gore, guns, and girls. Grindhouse is a brutally violent double feature that plays like one of the old school double feature exploitation films. The first half, Planet Terror is an old school zombie movie. Directed, written, edited, and (surprise) composed by Robert Rodriguez, it's a definite recommendation. In between the first and second half are fake trailers (two of which, Machete and Hobo with a Shotgun, have been turned into real movies which I saw and loved.). After that segment and a few other things (I think one of them is Let's All Go To The Lobby), we dive into Tarantino's segment, Death Proof. Death Proof is a joyride, in true Tarantino style, and it's basically a slasher movie...with cars. Yes, it's as awesome as it sounds. Anyway, I'm running out of room so, WATCH THIS **** MOVIE! Expand
  16. Aug 22, 2011
    No one asked for this. Why would we want to go back in time and make crap movies. And meta please remove Edgar Wrights name as director. He did a same fake trailer not these useless movies. You disgrace his name and the fine work he does by attaching him to this trash.
  17. Apr 7, 2011
    Review On Grindhouse Planet Terror- Rose McGowan Does A Great Job In This Segment, As Well As The Whole Cast... Never A Dull Moment.. Although Once In A While It Seemed Like To Much Gore But That's Ok.. If I Just Had To Score The Planet Terror Segment It Would Be A 10.. But Overall That Is NOT Going To Happen. Review On Grindhouse Death Proof- Almost All The Way Through.. This Movie Seemed Unoriginal And Boring.. There Are Thrills But Not Much.. The Cast Is Ok... The Story Line Seemed To Expanded.... Almost Everything Was Bad About This Segment.. If I Just Had To Score Death Proof It Would Be A 3.. Collapse
  18. Feb 21, 2011
    -Planet Terror: 5/5
    -Death Proof: 4/5

In the UK, they were released separately, so Im going to review them separately. Planet Terror: one of the bloodiest & most action packed zombie movies ever. Really funny & gory. Full of guns, babes, zombies & gore... what more could you want? Death Proof: A murderer on the roads, the best of the kind since 'Joy Ride'. A fairly tense movie with
    plenty of excitement to keep you on the edge of your seat. Congrats to both Tarantino & Rodriguez, you made my life great again! Expand
  19. Nov 1, 2010
    Planet terror was everything i expected it to be which was a cheasy, fun zombie romp, but death proof which i didnt think was terrible was let down by too much boring dialogue between the central female charachters, kurt russell was very good though, and the way the tables are turned near the end almost makes up for all the boring stuff!
  20. Sep 4, 2010
    oh my god... it is so crazy and funny and gory and all at the same time, keeping cool and witty. Tarentino and Rodrigez... bravo jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
  21. Sep 3, 2010
    Death Proof - Quentin Tarantino pays homage to 70's B Movies.
    Great dialogue as you would expect from QT & Kurt Russell is superb as Stuntman Mike. The car chases & stunts are top notch but the whole thing just seems a bit pointless. Oh & Vanessa Ferlito, wow!! Planet Terror - Robert Rodriguez's take on the B-Movie genre.
    Plenty of cheesyness & over the top gore & also very watchable. Some
    genuine laugh out loud moments in it.Much better than Death Proof in my opinion. Expand
  22. Aug 13, 2010
    Ok I've never seen these movies, but I saw that it says that Grindhouse was directed by Edgar Wright, which isn't true. It was obviously directed by Rodriguez and Tarantino. Fix this Metacritic.

1. If you were keeping score, it would be Quentin Tarantino 1, Robert Rodriguez 0.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Planet Terror delivers only momentary kicks...while Tarantino's Death Proof is a juicy, delicious treat, its pleasures stem much less from the play with genre conventions than from great dialogue and electric performances.
  3. Reviewed by: Nathan Lee
    This monumentally pointless movie is best summarized by a line from Planet Terror: "At some point in your life, you find a use for every useless talent you have." Rodriguez, Tarantino, and Co. aim for nothing more noble than to freak the funk, and it's about godd--- time. Go wasted, go stoned, go without your parents' permission. In paying homage to an obsolete form of movie culture, Grindhouse delivers a dropkick to ours.