Grown Ups 2

3.1

1. Aug 9, 2013
    I don't think there was really even a story behind this movie. Some parts had a bit of humor in it, but other parts were really stupid. Taylor Lautner just made the movie about 20x worse.
  2. Aug 31, 2013
    Grown Ups 2 is(of course) the second installment in the Grown Ups series and maybe Sandler's first sequel, but does the film surpass the first one? Everyone from the first film (and then some) are back for more wacky adventures, delivering what you Grown Ups fans would expect. Beyond the film's exterior, you can see that the children are getting older and the main characters are trying toGrown Ups 2 is(of course) the second installment in the Grown Ups series and maybe Sandler's first sequel, but does the film surpass the first one? Everyone from the first film (and then some) are back for more wacky adventures, delivering what you Grown Ups fans would expect. Beyond the film's exterior, you can see that the children are getting older and the main characters are trying to accept that, but it's just shrouded in crazy jokes. In most parts of the film, vomiting, homosexual undertones and male butts are the butt of the jokes, so it's not for everyone, but I'm pretty sure that teens would love it. Although there are way better comedies out there, this is a guilty pleasure of mine. The film's very colorful and filled with life and it's fun to watch once in a while. But all in all, it depends on the type of person you are. So if you liked the first one, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this. Not much has changed. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2013
    Wow, what a humongous drop off from Grown Ups 1 to Grown Ups 2. While the first movie had an actual plot, solid development, and endless laughs, the sequel was really just a stupid attempt at a cash in from the first film's greatness. The kids were too prominent in the film and all are horrible actors so that hurt the film quite a bit. The plot was pretty stupid. The main four lacked theWow, what a humongous drop off from Grown Ups 1 to Grown Ups 2. While the first movie had an actual plot, solid development, and endless laughs, the sequel was really just a stupid attempt at a cash in from the first film's greatness. The kids were too prominent in the film and all are horrible actors so that hurt the film quite a bit. The plot was pretty stupid. The main four lacked the same chemistry they had in the first one. Honestly, the only reason this movie was even watchable, and barely, was because of the cameos. Nick Swardson provided almost all of the humor, and guys like Peter Dante, Shaquille O'Neal, Steve Buscemi, and so many more were great as well. There were some smoking hot women in the film too, so that didn't hurt, but honestly, I was very disappointed in this film. Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2013
    Grown Ups 2 has to be the most random film Adam Sandler has ever made and had many scenes that were simply despicable even for his standards. Even though Adam Sandler films have barely an ounce of story, this had zero. It felt like watching 100 minutes of the deleted scenes from the film, but I will admit there were enough moments that are extremely funny.
  5. Jul 23, 2013
    I know it's a crime nowadays to be a fan of Adam Sandler but I am. This movie was absolutely hilarious and I had a blast watching it. However, a good amount of jokes are about piss and barf and that sort of took me out of the experience.
  6. Jul 20, 2013
    Saw all the bad ratings and was hesitant to watch the movie, but was the only comedy movie available at the time. It had enough moments to keep the crowd laughing. If they would had not overdone some jokes then I may have even considered a positive review.
  7. Sep 30, 2013
    The thing everyone wants to see when watching this movie is for it to funny. Well as much as I wanted to love this movie I found it quite tough. Yes it was funny, but the plot was muddled up and didn't reach any of the funny heights I was hoping for. The characters were played ok but like the movie itself they didn't live up to what I and everyone else wanted to see. However The movieThe thing everyone wants to see when watching this movie is for it to funny. Well as much as I wanted to love this movie I found it quite tough. Yes it was funny, but the plot was muddled up and didn't reach any of the funny heights I was hoping for. The characters were played ok but like the movie itself they didn't live up to what I and everyone else wanted to see. However The movie contains funny parts that will make you laugh probably more than the first movie. So overall the movies storyline really stabs the movie in the back. Expand
  8. Jul 13, 2013
    It's obviously agreeable that many parts of "Grown Ups 2" are often shallow and stupid, but the humor and characters are so entertaining that its hard to entirely hate it. Yes, it has pee jokes, but characters really know how to make you smile, with several top notch comedians. Despite his performance on "Twilight', Taylor Lautner is not completely bad, though his acting gets strangelyIt's obviously agreeable that many parts of "Grown Ups 2" are often shallow and stupid, but the humor and characters are so entertaining that its hard to entirely hate it. Yes, it has pee jokes, but characters really know how to make you smile, with several top notch comedians. Despite his performance on "Twilight', Taylor Lautner is not completely bad, though his acting gets strangely annoying at times. Despite the mediocre plotting and scramble of characters, the funny moment will make you smile, which in my case was somehow worth the ticket. Expand
  9. Aug 26, 2013
    Not the movie of the decade. This movie wasn't bad, but a serious decline happened between the two movies. Not really funny, just don't watch it. It's not worth it.
  10. Sep 7, 2013
    Grown Ups 2, features the same original cast (with the exception of Rob Schneider) as the original Grown Ups with some new faces such as Taylor Lautner and Shaquille O'Neal, but still the same childish humor, just a lot more of it.

The movie begins with Lenny Fador (Adam Sandler) and Roxanne (Selma Hayek) waking up to a deer in the house that then pees on him during Roxanne's spas attack. Again, childish humor within the first 60 seconds of the film. We then see the Lamonsoff family. Sally (Maria Bello) is quizzing her son on math problems and though he is missing every question, she and Eric (Kevin James) are celebrating like he is getting all of them right. Their daughter also feels like expressing herself on the last day of school by wearing her homemade bedazzled light up boots. Kurt Mackenzie (Chris Rock) is back with Deanne (Maya Rudolph) and their hilarious little baby Ronnie, who has an overstuffed diaper which has a necklace in it that Kurt set up to give his wife for their 20th anniversary which Deanne forgot about.

The movie has random acts of comedy every minute. For example, things such as David Spade rolling down a hill in a tire, bus driver Nick (Nick Swardson) using the toilet at K-Mart in one of the display bathrooms, Shaq sleeping in a dog house and chocolate ice-cream squirting in-between employee’s legs. The last 20 minutes at least of the movie was Lenny's last day of school party which I think strung all of the characters and humor together. Without ruining the ending, Lenny becomes friends again with some of his long time foes and one family will be having another child. I was constantly laughing out loud at the theater especially with Eric's (Kevin James) burbsnorts, (burp, sneeze, fart) simultaneously.

I found the sequel more entertaining and hilarious then the original. The one thing I noticed was that Grown Ups 2 had much less storyline and plot then the Grown Ups. Will it be pulling in even close to the 310 million the initial Grown Ups racked in? I don't think anywhere close but either way, we can clearly tell that the cast has great chemistry both on and off the screen.

I personally have enjoyed many of Adam Sandler's 56 films including Jack and Jill also bringing in just one star along with Grown Ups. Being a comedy and not a Pacific Rim box office smasher, it really does not matter whether you see the movie at the theater, or in your living room. Either way, Grown Ups 2 is guaranteed to produce some laughs for you, and the whole family.
  11. Jun 16, 2014
    There are somethings in the movie really annoying.
    All I saw was boobs, and not funny jokes.
    The 1st movie is really better.
    The difference between them, is that they really unfocused in the characters, and decided to focus in non important ones
  12. Jan 5, 2014
    The movie is very immature and stupid, but for the most part it still maintains a level of entertainment. The actors are talented at what they do, but nothing about this movie will prove that.
  13. Feb 3, 2014
    Grown Ups 2 has been called the worst movie of 2013. While not far from the truth, the movie has its moments. That being said, the bulk of the film is packed with product placement, bad acting, jokes that fall flat, I could go on and on.
  14. May 20, 2014
    I enjoyed it now I will get could stupid for liking it but it is something i enjoy because i can saw what they are trying to do so i will watch it again again
  15. Jan 22, 2014
    While the movie lacked story, dialogue, and dull, the movie still earns points for it's comedy. Clearly, not a lot of effort was put into this film. Still, it's worth watching at least once for its comedy. This movie will make you laugh.
  16. Dec 12, 2013
    Who cares if this movie doesn't have a decent story or message? It delivers enough decent laughs to make up for it, just most of them fall flat or are too goofy for most people to laugh at.
  17. May 17, 2015
    This is not that good of a movie but he's still more funny,entertaining and watchable than the first one.There is no story and the actors are as bad as they were in the first but,the movie is still enjoyable.
  18. Sep 21, 2014
    Wow, this movie is shockingly bad. Its like a teeming hub of disgust and perversion, where Adam Sandlers has reached a new low.

I don't plan simply to say "this poop" and just leave, because the movie has some positives...hm... I cant seem to think of anything. The movies abysmally crude humour, never makes me laugh, and it seems like the casting was so badly done, that not a single character feels convincing, let alone likeable. The movie, worst of all has no fixed plot. I just don't get it.

So if you are considering to buy this movie... well, don't.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 28 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Aug 15, 2013
    So, what happens in Grown Ups 2? Almost absolutely nothing.
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Jul 17, 2013
    The Land of Lazy can crown a new king because with Grown Ups 2 Adam Sandler has officially nabbed the throne.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    Jul 14, 2013
    A few decent one-liners notwithstanding, the movie comes off as willfully uninspired.