3.1

1. Aug 23, 2014
    This movie annoyed me in so many ways. I just had to shut it off. Everything about it is pointless. They just go around town doing nothing.They made Grown Ups 2 just to for the sake of it. You could tell they had no story for it.
  2. chw
    Aug 9, 2014
    Grown Ups 2 was really stupid. Again, there is no point or plot to the film, it's basically improvisation put on by the whole cast, which means Dennis Dugan didn't actually direct this film. Nobody did.
  3. Jul 30, 2014
    This is the worst movie I've ever seen. It's awful in every single way and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. What is Steve Buscemi doing in this? What is anybody doing in this? Why was this even made? Why? WHY?
  4. Jul 18, 2014
    Ouso dizer que esse é um dos piores filmes de todos os tempos!!! Lastimável, deveriam ganhar todos os prêmios do "Framboesa de Ouro" sozinhos. Parabens ao Sandler, por mais essa vergonha.
  5. Jul 14, 2014
    People are judging way too harsh here. It was supposed to be entertaining, it was. I am shocked by the amount of negative reviews that this movie has received.
  6. Jul 10, 2014
    Adam Sandler used to be a funny and good actor. NOW WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS. It's another plotless sequel with more terrible actors. Don't see this ish,
  7. Jun 21, 2014
    Its not a good movie. I had no fun while watching it and it was so lazy that its unbelievable. "Oh yeah the grown up sequel is great" No its not. It's a bad movie. Adam Sandler did not do a good job in this and it felt a lot like padding. "Oh negative review." Its not funny, cute, or cool.

Grown Ups 2 gets a 3/10 :(
  8. Jun 16, 2014
    There are somethings in the movie really annoying.
    All I saw was boobs, and not funny jokes.
    The 1st movie is really better.
    The difference between them, is that they really unfocused in the characters, and decided to focus in non important ones
  9. May 23, 2014
    An absolute disappointment after the first grown us witch I actually did enjoy. I probably only laughed once or twice during this whole entire movie, and it was near the end. The entire movie was just so stupid and the comedy just wasn't there like it was in the first one. It is really the same movie as the first one but not funny because it wasn't executed well even with all of these great actors. Expand
  10. May 20, 2014
    I enjoyed it now I will get could stupid for liking it but it is something i enjoy because i can saw what they are trying to do so i will watch it again again
  11. May 1, 2014
    This is an insult to movies. The first one was already awful, but the sequel is way more awful, with laughable acting and nonsense flat plot, that tries to make us laugh, buy it only make us want to walk out of the theatre before it finishes.
  12. Apr 27, 2014
    This is one of the worst comedies EVER. Almost as bad as Bio-Dome and Freddy Got Fingered. The only reason it escapes a 0 is the fact that I chuckled at one scene. That's it. One scene in a 100 minute movie. What a waste.
  13. Mar 29, 2014
    Unfortunately Grown ups 2 is just absolutely bad, All the jokes just don't work despite the odd few, I actually enjoyed the first one, But this one is just badly done.
  14. Mar 24, 2014
    funny movie, people are judging other things, like end which was kind of silly and ridiculous but comedy film does not need to meet good story just funny script, and adam sandler got it but once, and his films always have a sad part and that he did not damage me what the movie was the final note 7 so whatever he did and I get no idea what all critics, but for me it was the movie that much better movie Brazil. Expand
  15. Mar 7, 2014
    adam sandler's grown ups 2 is funny but i enjoy the first one . it is a crazy film buts whats crazy then a guys who are rembering the childhood memories back in the day ?
  16. Mar 3, 2014
    This was a complete waste of time to watch. Everything was off color or topic or whatever . Apparently ever aspect of this turd was hit with a shovel .
  17. Feb 3, 2014
    Grown Ups 2 has been called the worst movie of 2013. While not far from the truth, the movie has its moments. That being said, the bulk of the film is packed with product placement, bad acting, jokes that fall flat, I could go on and on.
  18. Jan 29, 2014
    This movie isn't really a movie. Rather it is a series of fart joke skits edited together with one bad joke repeated through said fart skits. 0/10

The first movie had some funny parts, this series of fart jokes edited together feels like a money grab. Very poorly written and directed. By far the worst Adam Sandler movie of all time, even worse than 50 first dates.
  19. Jan 22, 2014
    While the movie lacked story, dialogue, and dull, the movie still earns points for it's comedy. Clearly, not a lot of effort was put into this film. Still, it's worth watching at least once for its comedy. This movie will make you laugh.
  20. Jan 18, 2014
    I honestly actually liked the first Grown Ups movie. This one? Not so much. Worse than the previous film. Pretty much forcing bad jokes all throughout and is just plain dumb for a good chunk of it. A few good laughs here and there to be sure, but not worth seeing unless you have no other better options available.
  21. Jan 17, 2014
    I can't believe I used to like Adam Sandler, but now I hate him, and this movie is a perfect example, unfunny jokes, and even more painful celebrity cameos. This is one of Sandler's worse movies, and somehow worse than the original, which is saying something, think some about that.
  22. Jan 9, 2014
    Lo único que hicieron con esta película es recordar que no hay esperanza para la carrera de Adam Sandler como actor y Dennis Dougan como director; casi todos los roles en esta película fracasan casi por completo, cero risas, cero diversión, cero entusiasmo, cero homenaje, porque todos estabamos esperando que esta espantosa y barata película terminara y pudiera apagar la televisión. Una vergüenza total aún peor que la ya basura primera parte. Una de las peores películas del año y destinada a competir en los Razzie Awards para ver como (otra vez) Adam Sandler gana el "Peor Actor del Año" y (otra vez) Dennis Dougan gana al "Peor Director del Año" y finalmente ver como la película triunfa en lo único que va a triunfar: ser una deshonra ganando la estatuilla a la "Peor Película del Año". Traten de evitarla. Expand
  23. Jan 5, 2014
    The movie is very immature and stupid, but for the most part it still maintains a level of entertainment. The actors are talented at what they do, but nothing about this movie will prove that.
  24. Dec 21, 2013
    This was a horrible movie. I can't say anything positive about it. WHERE'S THE PLOT? They gave the masses this atrocious movie, just to make a great amount of money off of prepubescent boys. The humor offended me greatly with insipid toilet jokes that a twelve year old could think of very easily. Where's my $11 refund check? If you want your I.Q to be drastically lower after a short amount of time (approximately an hour and a half), view this movie. Expand
  25. Dec 15, 2013
    This is one the worst comedies I've ever seen. There was not one funny joke and anyone who has a sense of humor above an 8 year old will find this movie garbage. It feels like a bunch of rejected SNL skits that Adam Sandler took and morphed into this frankenstien of a movie.
  26. Dec 12, 2013
    Who cares if this movie doesn't have a decent story or message? It delivers enough decent laughs to make up for it, just most of them fall flat or are too goofy for most people to laugh at.
  27. Dec 8, 2013
    This movie is absolutely terrible. Don't waste your time watching it. Sure it has some silly funny jokes, but that's not the expected, and the rest is a pain.
  28. Nov 25, 2013
    Plot, conflict, character development, and cinematography are some of the most basic and crucial elements that are absolutely quintessential in creating, at the very least, a film that will remain in the viewers mind. I would not only be generous in saying that these 4 elements were present in the movie, but I would also be lying. Quickly rushed and horribly written, Grown Ups 2 is nothing more than an afterthought, a waste of time, and, most importantly, a waste of money. In fact, after second thought, this "movie" was probably made more as a torture device, rather than for enjoyment. 2/10 Expand
  29. Nov 25, 2013
    SPOILER ALERT! This movie is so much worse than the first! How the f#ck is this possible?! Usually the sequel is worse than the original but my God man! Not even a slight chuckle the entire time. I swear it was so painful I couldn't leave my friend's house so I was forced to sit there the entire time and waste my life and brain cells on this septic tank of pathetic stupid filth. I honestly think they pay these idiotic actors to make these movies to dumb down the American people and see how freakin stupid we really are, especially the ones who "enjoy it!" Expand
  30. Nov 13, 2013
    Wow, what a humongous drop off from Grown Ups 1 to Grown Ups 2. While the first movie had an actual plot, solid development, and endless laughs, the sequel was really just a stupid attempt at a cash in from the first film's greatness. The kids were too prominent in the film and all are horrible actors so that hurt the film quite a bit. The plot was pretty stupid. The main four lacked the same chemistry they had in the first one. Honestly, the only reason this movie was even watchable, and barely, was because of the cameos. Nick Swardson provided almost all of the humor, and guys like Peter Dante, Shaquille O'Neal, Steve Buscemi, and so many more were great as well. There were some smoking hot women in the film too, so that didn't hurt, but honestly, I was very disappointed in this film. Expand
  31. Nov 8, 2013
    I thought the first movie was bad but leave it to Adam Sandler to once again out do himself in the god awful film department. The movie has no story to speak of and the plot was forgotten in a haze of bad bodily function jokes and Nick Swardson once again trying way to hard to be funny and failing at every turn. The film sets up dozens of potential plotlines but most are forgotten about or quickly thrown back in to try and recover by giving it a poorly constructed resolution. To top it off, the jokes in the film are so painfully bad that it should come with a warning that expecting mothers should avoid the film and how it will destroy your ability to ever find joy in this world again. The worse part, Adam Sandler will make sure to be a part of something even worse in 2014. Expand
  32. Nov 6, 2013
    Holy god, this was bloody terrible, the 'only' laugh and kinda excitement I got out of this film was when one of the cast members wore a Devo outfit for that Costume party.
    (1 for Devo)
  33. Nov 3, 2013
    Adam Sandler just stop your not funny biggest piece of movie of the year lucky for it their another movie this year that pissed me off more SCARY MOVIE V
  34. Oct 31, 2013
    Grown Ups 2 is not like 1. It is gross, insulting and stupid. Occasionally, you will get laughs, but you will most likely be grossed out by the things that they do in this movie. I mostly didn't like the movie.
  35. Oct 28, 2013
    Despite being panned by so called professional critics and normal people I would still recommend Grown Ups 2 to any comedy fan. Some days I feel as if people forget what movies are made to do and that is entertain. A comedy movie is meant to make you laugh and Grown Ups 2 did its job in my case. Many people complain because they think Grown Ups 2 has no plot, but the plot is Lenny and the crews life. The overall theme in this movie is family life, unrealistic family life, but still family life. You can't walk into a Adam Sandler movie believing your going to see a high powered dramatic movie. People just need to take a break from life and actually enjoy a movie. If you are willing to take a break then Grown Ups 2 is the movie to see. Expand
  36. Oct 23, 2013
    Gave up on it after barely being able to get through the first 10 minutes of it. I actually quite liked the first film because it did well with it's mixture of drama and comedy. This film is all about pathetic shock humor that is far more stupid than funny. A perfect summary of this film by Rotten Tomatoes "It's certainly the movie event of the year for filmgoers passionate about Deer Urine humor". Couldn't agree more because Grown Ups 2 is easily one of the worst films of all time. Expand
  37. Oct 19, 2013
    Grown Ups 2 has to be the most random film Adam Sandler has ever made and had many scenes that were simply despicable even for his standards. Even though Adam Sandler films have barely an ounce of story, this had zero. It felt like watching 100 minutes of the deleted scenes from the film, but I will admit there were enough moments that are extremely funny.
  38. Sep 30, 2013
    The thing everyone wants to see when watching this movie is for it to funny. Well as much as I wanted to love this movie I found it quite tough. Yes it was funny, but the plot was muddled up and didn't reach any of the funny heights I was hoping for. The characters were played ok but like the movie itself they didn't live up to what I and everyone else wanted to see. However The movie contains funny parts that will make you laugh probably more than the first movie. So overall the movies storyline really stabs the movie in the back. Expand
  39. Sep 10, 2013
    I can barely explain how bad this movie is, It's horrendous and why? Well the first problem in the movie was the jokes they're so immature it'll only make 9 year olds giggle and that about it. It's plot doesn't get any better its just a bunch of adults acting like they're 18 and doing stupid crap There's NO POINT IN IT! The last movie was so much better than this because it actually had something to tell, A story. But this is Awful why couldn't the movie have some more adult jokes other than a baby talking (Not like i've seen that before *FacePalm*) and a bunch of fart jokes? Just why Hollywood... Why? Expand
  40. Sep 8, 2013
    If you want a laugh,This movie will do it,If you liked the 1st one this one is just as good.All the characters add some life to this movie.If you enjoy comedy's and aren't narrow minded you'll really enjoy this.
  41. Sep 7, 2013
    Grown Ups 2, features the same original cast (with the exception of Rob Schneider) as the original Grown Ups with some new faces such as Taylor Lautner and Shaquille O'Neal, but still the same childish humor, just a lot more of it.

The movie begins with Lenny Fador (Adam Sandler) and Roxanne (Selma Hayek) waking up to a deer in the house that then pees on him during Roxanne's spas
    attack. Again, childish humor within the first 60 seconds of the film. We then see the Lamonsoff family. Sally (Maria Bello) is quizzing her son on math problems and though he is missing every question, she and Eric (Kevin James) are celebrating like he is getting all of them right. Their daughter also feels like expressing herself on the last day of school by wearing her homemade bedazzled light up boots. Kurt Mackenzie (Chris Rock) is back with Deanne (Maya Rudolph) and their hilarious little baby Ronnie, who has an overstuffed diaper which has a necklace in it that Kurt set up to give his wife for their 20th anniversary which Deanne forgot about.

The movie has random acts of comedy every minute. For example, things such as David Spade rolling down a hill in a tire, bus driver Nick (Nick Swardson) using the toilet at K-Mart in one of the display bathrooms, Shaq sleeping in a dog house and chocolate ice-cream squirting in-between employee’s legs. The last 20 minutes at least of the movie was Lenny's last day of school party which I think strung all of the characters and humor together. Without ruining the ending, Lenny becomes friends again with some of his long time foes and one family will be having another child. I was constantly laughing out loud at the theater especially with Eric's (Kevin James) burbsnorts, (burp, sneeze, fart) simultaneously.

I found the sequel more entertaining and hilarious then the original. The one thing I noticed was that Grown Ups 2 had much less storyline and plot then the Grown Ups. Will it be pulling in even close to the 310 million the initial Grown Ups racked in? I don't think anywhere close but either way, we can clearly tell that the cast has great chemistry both on and off the screen.

I personally have enjoyed many of Adam Sandler's 56 films including Jack and Jill also bringing in just one star along with Grown Ups. Being a comedy and not a Pacific Rim box office smasher, it really does not matter whether you see the movie at the theater, or in your living room. Either way, Grown Ups 2 is guaranteed to produce some laughs for you, and the whole family.
  42. Sep 4, 2013
    Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Jimmy Tatro Expand
  43. Aug 31, 2013
    Grown Ups 2 is(of course) the second installment in the Grown Ups series and maybe Sandler's first sequel, but does the film surpass the first one? Everyone from the first film (and then some) are back for more wacky adventures, delivering what you Grown Ups fans would expect. Beyond the film's exterior, you can see that the children are getting older and the main characters are trying to accept that, but it's just shrouded in crazy jokes. In most parts of the film, vomiting, homosexual undertones and male butts are the butt of the jokes, so it's not for everyone, but I'm pretty sure that teens would love it. Although there are way better comedies out there, this is a guilty pleasure of mine. The film's very colorful and filled with life and it's fun to watch once in a while. But all in all, it depends on the type of person you are. So if you liked the first one, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this. Not much has changed. Expand
  44. Aug 30, 2013
    Have you watched The Hangover? Well, this is basically a water down, kid friendly version of it. The story is unappealing and some of the gags just drag on forever. You will get a couple of laughs but that doesn't make up for the irritating characters and cheesy dialogue.
  45. Aug 30, 2013
    Really, do not listen to anyone and watch this film! It's a happy and funny film to watch and remember this summer. Perfect as the first one. Do not miss it!
  46. Aug 29, 2013
    Why so serious, i mean why does a film have to be perfect, me and a couple mates went to see this film and we laughed most the way through, the jokes were stupid yes and when it tried to be serious it falled flat, also Adam sandlers "wife" was the worst actor in the film by far. But the film was entertaining so yer.
  47. Aug 26, 2013
    Not the movie of the decade. This movie wasn't bad, but a serious decline happened between the two movies. Not really funny, just don't watch it. It's not worth it.
  48. Aug 15, 2013
    Please Mr Sandler stop embarrassing yourself with these god awful movie just do something different and for the rest of the cast I like Chris Rock David Spade Kevin James but why do films like this they have not meaning not funny in anyway what happened to these actors they use to be good now i have lost hope my advice stay away from this piece of
  49. Aug 14, 2013
    Although I must admit, I did laugh several times, most of this humor is silly, dumb, and frankly, not funny. Even though I didn't expect this movie to be good whatsoever... I was still very disappointed. Don't waste your money going to see it in theaters, wait till it comes out on DVD.
    The first movie is better by far.
  50. Aug 12, 2013
    Okay, so because this movie is a sequel and we all know how sequel's generally only exist due to the production team wanting to cash in on the success of the first movie, this review is based on this movie living up to the same standard of it's predecessor. Grown Ups (The first one) was quite a heart-warming film, about a group of childhood friends reuniting to bid their Basketball couch farewell, who seemed to have given all of them a sense of purpose and drive to continue their lives into adulthood. The second film, has none of the first movie's seemingly moral stature. There doesn't seem to be any apparent plot, and it merely follows the group of friends around their everyday existence in their neighborhood. There were a few minor chuckles here and there, but with the amount of lame, "teenage" toilet humor jokes, it's clear that the only reason this movie had a theatrical release was because of the cast, and I suppose also because they expected the same crowds that flocked to the first installment. This movie was a disappointment, and not worth paying money to watch at the cinema. Wait for dvd, even better, wait till your local broadcaster airs it, because technically it's a bit embarrassing people would contribute to a million plus in box office sales, as it certainly isn't worth it. Expand
  51. Aug 11, 2013
    My expectations were low when I watched this movie but apparently not low enough. All the funny scenes are shown in the preview so don't bother to watch this movie. Another Adam Sandler movie. I'm not sure how he keeps getting funded for these movies and why we keep falling for them?
  52. Aug 10, 2013
    Adam Sandler's very first sequel... my A**! It's just another excuse for Sandler to hang out with his buddies. Honestly, it feels like all of Sandler's movies are sequels of one another. The real problem with this movie is that its not funny. The only thing I laughed at were the raft scenes. Other than that, it was just completely stupid and unfunny! Be sure to check out my YouTube channel "TheMovieManLife" and let me know what you think. Overall, it's a waste of time and potential! Expand
  53. Aug 9, 2013
    I don't think there was really even a story behind this movie. Some parts had a bit of humor in it, but other parts were really stupid. Taylor Lautner just made the movie about 20x worse.
  54. LTR
    Aug 9, 2013
    The only reason why this movie was made was because Adam Sandler wanted us to pay $6 and 50 cents to watch him have fun with his friends.This movie is horrible and I can't believe that people like this.
  55. Aug 7, 2013
    Why does this movie get so much hate? Sure it doesn't have a plot,but it doesn't fail to entertain. maybe it repeats some fart jokes but that doesn't matter because it entertained me
  56. Aug 5, 2013
    I give this a 3 because of SHAQ alone. I laughed on occasion (mostly because of SHAQ) but when you look back on this film you begin to realize just how stupid it really is. I know it's Adam Sandler so don't expect and Oscar nominee but this was on a whole other level of stupid. The fact that this was top box office shows just how dumb our country is. Save this for a rental at home. 2.5/10
  57. Aug 1, 2013
    The worst movie I've ever seen. I didn't even smile once, let alone laugh. I wasn't expecting much, but I was expecting at least a 3/10. The absolute worst part about this movie is that Sandler and his washed-up buddies laugh at ALL of their own jokes. On screen. That is not good. Just an insult to films as a form of entertainment.
  58. Jul 31, 2013
    I don't see why this movie got bad reviews! While the plot seemed to jump from one to another, the move was still amusing and entertaining. This movie made my summer!
  59. Jul 28, 2013
    Amazing! This movie of fools, by fools and for fools crossed $100 mio. Thank you United States of America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  60. Jul 28, 2013
    This sloppy second of semi-funny predecessor looks like a collection of leftover clips parsed hastily together. Grown Ups 2 is not for anyone who has actually grown up. To add to its misery, the appreciating audience for boobie and pee pee humor is not able to see it due PG-13. Razzie award awaits.
  61. Jul 27, 2013
    Forced to see this movie with a couple of guys, and I had very low expectations (and I thought the original grown ups was good). I was 100% correct. This movie is one of the worst films I have ever seen in the past decade. There is no plot/story whatsoever, a bunch of pee/poop/ass jokes that even kids can't laugh at, and terrible acting by nearly the entire cast. This film is so bad it should not be considered a movie, but a f****d up, very bad sitcom from the 90s that never hit tvs. Never see this movie in your life. Expand
  62. Jul 26, 2013
    I really wanted to like Grown Ups 2: I've developed a soft spot for Adam Sandler and I enjoy feel good movies. stupidity is fine, crudeness is to be expected but there's no excuse for lazy acting or a poor script. The backstories are boring except for David Spade's character who brings most of the laughs. Sandler is just wastefully unfunny. James is himself as usual (which isn't a compliment) I preferred him in 'King Of Queens' and Rock doesn't unleash his full potential. This movie really missed Rob Schneider and botched the talents of Steve Austin and Taylor Lautner by not giving them enough screen time. Everything feels forced and the laughs are beyond lame. Expand
  63. Jul 25, 2013
    This was horrible, I felt like I was being attacked by an onslaught of rejected Saturday Night Live sketches. Don't watch it, I don't want Adam Sandler to carry on with these films, we need him to return to the good old days or at least fun films like Hotel Transylvania!
  64. Jul 23, 2013
    I know it's a crime nowadays to be a fan of Adam Sandler but I am. This movie was absolutely hilarious and I had a blast watching it. However, a good amount of jokes are about piss and barf and that sort of took me out of the experience.
  65. Jul 21, 2013
    I wish, I really really wish, I had something nice to say about this film. I won't be mean (my score of 0 I feel is mean enough) but this is a film, people worked on it, actors..."acted" in it, and it was boring, horrible, 7th grade-level humor at it's best.
  66. Jul 20, 2013
    Although I am a huge Adam Sandler fan, I felt he really let us down in this movie. Easily one of the worst he has put together. Yet I will go back for the next but the loyalty is starting to run out.
  67. Jul 20, 2013
    This is the worst "comedy" ever made, and literally the worst movie I've ever seen...do something else and don't waste your time or money on this, it's just rubbish and DONT DARE to compare this to the sacred expendables 2 but for comedians, just don't.
  68. Jul 20, 2013
    Saw all the bad ratings and was hesitant to watch the movie, but was the only comedy movie available at the time. It had enough moments to keep the crowd laughing. If they would had not overdone some jokes then I may have even considered a positive review.
  69. Jul 19, 2013
    This movie is awful and lazy, even by Adam Sandler standards. It's just pretentious how bad his films are now because he knows people will pay to see any of his crap. People were laughing throughout this and look if you like Sandler movies then more power to you. Just know you're sense of humor isn't too intelligent and Sandler thinks you're an idiot.
  70. Jul 19, 2013
    If you have ever gone into an Adam Sandler movie expecting to see an Oscar award winning performance then you set your self up to be disappointed. This movie is funny! Yes, it is disgusting at times, that is what makes it funny. It's called "shock value". I'm tired of critics ripping movies apart because its not what they wanted it to be; take it for what it is and enjoy it. Go see this movie with an open mind and have fun! Expand
  71. Jul 18, 2013
    If your a fan of stupid movies watch Grown Ups 2 but if you like good movies watch something else. This is what you get when Adam Sandler makes a movie a piece of garbage that is not worth 12 dollars to go see I mean I felt like they should have at least bring down the price a couple of bucks because I felt like I wasted a night of my life. Now I will say this though some parts will make you laugh but it's not enough to take your mind off the stupidness of this movie. I have to say this though I felt this movie had potential a lot to because it has such a funny trailer but when you watch this you fell like you watched a lie. So I would give it a little less if I didn't laugh at something's but this is a movie that you rent and watch with your friends because I rather get it a redbox for 1 dollar than pay 12 for this garbage. Expand
  72. Jul 18, 2013
    Short answer "Grown Ups 2" complete waste of time! It's not the worst comedy movie of the year (Scary Movie 5 reserved that title), but having that cast and delivering this dull, dumb, pointless picture
  73. Jul 18, 2013
    Pretty Much It's Like The Original with The Majority Of The Characters Returning, Jokes Are Hit ,Miss, The Story Is Kinda Paced Reasonably, A Nod to The 80's is Nice For Those 80's Fans Out There
  74. Jul 18, 2013
    The hope is that whatever studio execs Adam Sandler blackmails into funding his garbage will eventually call his bluff and tell him to release the photographs and video of their crimes. Sandler, who earned $37m in 2012, releases yet another unfunny and offensive film on the public. That he genuinely thinks his films have worth reveals more about Sandler's state of mind than the state of the industry. Eventually the rest of Hollywood will see the light. Terrible. Expand
  75. Jul 15, 2013
    This movie is great and funny. Good sequel and better than the first. What I really like about this one is how it makes you feel all god inside and have a lot of laughs.
  76. Jul 15, 2013
    The ending of Grown Ups 2 encapsulates the cultural legacy of Adam Sandler: He is simultaneously farting, burping, and sneezing while having sex with Salma Hayek. Mr. Sandler how does it feel to be a complete and utter sell out?
  77. Jul 14, 2013
    I'm a huge Adam Sandler fan and a huge fan of the first Grown Ups. In my opinion this movie is better than the first and has me asking why Adam Sandler hasn't done more sequels. Almost all of the cast returns (minus Rob Schneider and a few others) along with hilarious new characters. The whole movie is one non-stop, hilarious stream of jokes. The humor is immature and at times crass, but that's what I loved about the first Grown Ups and other Sandler movies. The amount of hilarious cameos in the film is also appreciated. In the end I was very pleased with this movie and, as always, can't wait for more from Mr. Sandler. Expand
  78. Jul 14, 2013
    I really did not care for the first one, but having a soft spot for adam sandler and a few of his movies, I had to give him a shot. If you are looking for laughs that a whole family will enjoy, this is the movie for you. Some of the jokes are very childish (farting, peeing etc) but if you go to a movie to get a few laughs I do recommend this movie.
  79. Jul 13, 2013
    people that likes bad comedies like grown ups 1 and 2 and other bad movies are idiots and losers that needs to get a life, that you shouldn't trust them you should trust the critics and smart people like me! but what's the use of telling you not to see it, you'll still see it anyway, so why am i wasting my time with you?
  80. Jul 13, 2013
    It's obviously agreeable that many parts of "Grown Ups 2" are often shallow and stupid, but the humor and characters are so entertaining that its hard to entirely hate it. Yes, it has pee jokes, but characters really know how to make you smile, with several top notch comedians. Despite his performance on "Twilight', Taylor Lautner is not completely bad, though his acting gets strangely annoying at times. Despite the mediocre plotting and scramble of characters, the funny moment will make you smile, which in my case was somehow worth the ticket. Expand
  81. Jul 13, 2013
    I had a free pass to see any movie this weekend, and I chose this since it wasn't redeemable for IMAX 3D Pacific Rim, after the extensive use of lame fart jokes and lack of plot I did something I've never done before: I walked out
  82. Jul 13, 2013
    This movie was horrible on so many levels, from all the gay and pee jokes, to the objectifying of women and awful acting. This movie is not a comedy,it is a hot, steaming pile of crap... which would be a WHOLE lot funnier than this nonsense. If you feel like dropping your IQ over 100 points, this is the movie for you. The fact that this movie and the first one makes money goes to show how bored people are. Expand
  83. Jul 12, 2013
    Nobody goes into this movie thinking THIS is the film that will win Sandler an Oscar. I went to this movie for a few laughs and got more than I expected. I thoroughly enjoyed this film and don't understand why people are judging it by any standard other than what it is: a comedy. A Sandler comedy at that. If you've seen his other movies you know what you're getting into. For what it is, it's great, or very good at least. Collapse
  84. Jul 12, 2013
    I don't care if any critics could come out and be so ignorant to blast an Adam Sandler movie. Grown-Ups 2 is pretty funnier than the first because I still like them both. Shaq in a police uniform just stole the spotlight and whether the critics like it or not, it's still a Sandler critic-proof movie because fans wanna see it, neither can I. I have a tougher sell on Pacific Rim because now that Despicable Me 2 is #1 at the box office, the 3-D box office now has an all-time low and it's safe to say that 3-D will be dead as quicker as you think. So look for Sandler to reach another $100 million on his big paycheck. One of the best comedies of the year so far. I wonder if they could make Part 3 (with Rob Schnieder to be back). Expand
  85. Jul 12, 2013
    There is clever shock value and forced shock value. For 100 minutes Grown Ups 2 assaults you with some of the most tasteless, gross, and insulting comedy known to mankind. The bar has been set so low for this franchise that I am actually scared to see even trailers for the inevitable third film. Mark my words; Grown Ups 2 is so insufferably awful it will win Razzie awards. Good luck searching for a worse comedy in 2013. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 28 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Aug 15, 2013
    So, what happens in Grown Ups 2? Almost absolutely nothing.
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Jul 17, 2013
    The Land of Lazy can crown a new king because with Grown Ups 2 Adam Sandler has officially nabbed the throne.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    Jul 14, 2013
    A few decent one-liners notwithstanding, the movie comes off as willfully uninspired.