6.4

1. Jan 25, 2014
    Grudge Match tells the story of two boxers Henry " Razor " Sharpe ( Sylvester Stallone ) and Billy "The Kid" McDonagh (Robert De Niro ) Won each other for one match . 30 years later, they met at a crucial Grudge Match . The film proved to be a comedy in the genre with great jokes and great acting.

Sylvester Stallone played perfectly " Razor ." His character soperezhivaeshdazhe knowing
    that he will win .

Robert De Niro is Sylvester Stallone opponent because his story is very touching.

Grudge Match is a very funny comedy with a great cast , good sauntrek and a good storyline .
  2. MB_
    Apr 3, 2014
    I came in not expecting too much but was very happy with the film.

Yes there were a few throwaway tribute gags to the old boxing films and by half way through things get a little predictable. But I can enjoy the virtues of the film.

The problem with modern films to me is that characters do things that don't make sense and just act to move the film forward, this incongruence is
    glaring but in this case each character was actually acting in character.

Not really a fan of DeNiro, his performances are usually that showy, he doesn't usually play an actual human being more panto villain. Stallone was his usual old self and didn't embarrass himself and everyone else in the case were great, Arkin didn't emulate Meredith at all which was a great choice and Hart was pretty amusing as the comedy relief.

The critic snobbery is of course no surprise, they hate anything with Stallone, this is fact. They could have written their reviews months ago, they are that predictable.

I'm giving it a ten because I liked the characters and script that's what I'm all about.
  3. Jul 6, 2014
    I really like this movie a lot. Kinda reminds me of "Rocky." If you guys actually like the movie "Rocky," then you're going to love "Grudge Match." I suggest seeing it.

1. Reviewed by: Curtis Woloschuk
    Jan 21, 2014
    Rather than getting us on the ropes and landing some telling blows, Grudge Match keeps its distance and tosses meek jabs. Cheap sentimentality can’t disguise the crashing cynicism on display.
  2. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Jan 20, 2014
    An idea that must have sounded good on paper looks a lot less smart on the screen.
    The result is maybe more interesting than we might have expected, but it’s not particularly funny.