Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: December 25, 2013
6.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 91 Ratings
WATCH NOW
TheQuietGamerApr 25, 2014
A funny comedy with enough of a sentimental, feel good type story to keep viewers entertained. Both Stallone and De Niro do a fantastic job, and fans of their earlier works will get a kick out of seeing "Rocky Balboa" and "Jake LaMotta"A funny comedy with enough of a sentimental, feel good type story to keep viewers entertained. Both Stallone and De Niro do a fantastic job, and fans of their earlier works will get a kick out of seeing "Rocky Balboa" and "Jake LaMotta" duking it out in the ring. Supporting cast members Kevin Hart and Alan Arkin bring a lot of laughs.

Overall it's a very enjoyable comedy, although I wouldn't call it a great one. It can be slow sometimes and some of the earlier attempts at humor do fall flat. Still, it end up managing to be both funny and enjoyable enough for me to recommend it for at least a rental. For my total score I give it a 7.8/10-Good.
MB_Apr 3, 2014
I came in not expecting too much but was very happy with the film.

Yes there were a few throwaway tribute gags to the old boxing films and by half way through things get a little predictable. But I can enjoy the virtues of the film. The
I came in not expecting too much but was very happy with the film.

The problem with modern films to me is that characters do things that don't make sense and just act to move the film forward, this incongruence is glaring but in this case each character was actually acting in character.

Not really a fan of DeNiro, his performances are usually that showy, he doesn't usually play an actual human being more panto villain. Stallone was his usual old self and didn't embarrass himself and everyone else in the case were great, Arkin didn't emulate Meredith at all which was a great choice and Hart was pretty amusing as the comedy relief.

The critic snobbery is of course no surprise, they hate anything with Stallone, this is fact. They could have written their reviews months ago, they are that predictable.

I'm giving it a ten because I liked the characters and script that's what I'm all about.
MortimerJan 25, 2014
Grudge Match tells the story of two boxers Henry " Razor " Sharpe ( Sylvester Stallone ) and Billy "The Kid" McDonagh (Robert De Niro ) Won each other for one match . 30 years later, they met at a crucial Grudge Match . The film proved to beGrudge Match tells the story of two boxers Henry " Razor " Sharpe ( Sylvester Stallone ) and Billy "The Kid" McDonagh (Robert De Niro ) Won each other for one match . 30 years later, they met at a crucial Grudge Match . The film proved to be a comedy in the genre with great jokes and great acting.

Sylvester Stallone played perfectly " Razor ." His character soperezhivaeshdazhe knowing that he will win .

Robert De Niro is Sylvester Stallone opponent because his story is very touching.

Grudge Match is a very funny comedy with a great cast , good sauntrek and a good storyline .
ThegodfathersonDec 25, 2013
The humor and fun tone of Grudge Match keeps it light and entertaining as you make your way through the formulaic plot. Film buffs will enjoy seeing Rocky Balboa and Jake LaMotta fighting on the big screen. The movie will not survive as aThe humor and fun tone of Grudge Match keeps it light and entertaining as you make your way through the formulaic plot. Film buffs will enjoy seeing Rocky Balboa and Jake LaMotta fighting on the big screen. The movie will not survive as a classic, and makes a strange choice for Christmas, but offers a little more than expected. Expand
mrmonsterMay 17, 2014
I don't see why the critics were so hash. I thought this was a very funny and entertaining movie. As always, the users tend to be more accurate than the critics on this site.
LeZeeApr 1, 2014
The actors from the 80s coming together mean it must be something great. There's no youth left in them for a concept like this, but the alteration of the story well suited for these fellows. As far I know Robert De Niro is not made forThe actors from the 80s coming together mean it must be something great. There's no youth left in them for a concept like this, but the alteration of the story well suited for these fellows. As far I know Robert De Niro is not made for hardcore stunts, surprisingly he managed to give his best in this movie. And no need to praise Sylvester Stallone when it come to a movie based on boxing.

The trailer was different that what I saw today in the movie. It totally misled me, I thought the movie was about computer game where two ex champions meet, but it went way beyond to the final battle. My eye was on De Niro, his entry in unfamiliar arena, the boxing. For Stallone it is like the return of Rocky Balboa.

A little bit of fun and a little bit of drama. The story commenced with the early life of two rivalry boxers and moves all the way to the next 30 years. The uncomfortably settled life forces them to come together one final time and the rest of the story brief these legend's preparation for the grudge match. Recently saw plenty of movies based on old guys, but this movie is not that often you see. Well crafted movie, but only a just above the average, which mostly a time pass movie.
TisonJul 6, 2014
I really like this movie a lot. Kinda reminds me of "Rocky." If you guys actually like the movie "Rocky," then you're going to love "Grudge Match." I suggest seeing it.
Epik_NinnjaMay 25, 2015
Such low reviews and for what? It's not golden but it's still a pretty funny movie. If these critics expected an action flick, they went to the wrong movie. Grudge match is more of a comedy than anyhting but it also has a story to it that isSuch low reviews and for what? It's not golden but it's still a pretty funny movie. If these critics expected an action flick, they went to the wrong movie. Grudge match is more of a comedy than anyhting but it also has a story to it that is entertaining in its own right. If not a 7/10, it's at least a 6.5/10. People complaining that the main characters are too old must ont understand that that's the whole point of the movie. They're rivals from a long time ago and now, after retiring, they have to go back to training ot box one more time. It's not worht a purchase but it's worth a watch. Expand