4.5

1. Dec 31, 2010
    My 9 year old kid loved this. I thought it was goofy and enjoyable. You want to have a good time with your kid, go see this movie. It's not Merchant Of Venice, but its a lot of fun.
  2. Dec 28, 2010
    Much funnier than the Metascore would have led me to believe. Jack Black is hilarious as usual, and Amanda Peete actually does a decent job. All I know is that I was laughing pretty much the whole movie, which is rare. So I agree with those green critics and don't quite understand the red ones.
  3. Jan 6, 2011
    Its not the best movie of all time, but its got a nice charm to it and its a usual cliché. Plus, I didnt like the fact that the builders built lights, his house, etc. When it was impossible to get back then so...? Yeah. Doesnt make that much sense "but who cares!" Its still a good film, but a bit boring.
  4. Jan 9, 2011
    I enjoyed this movie was not the funniest movie in the world but it was goofy and good overall.sure it had a few crappy stupid parts but dont all movies have a few parts were your like that was retarted.
  5. May 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gulliver's Travels is an entertaining movie, interesting and very outspoken, which brings the hilarious and talented Jack Black, who follow him personally as a fan. The film has great effects, and characters are sticky. Expand
  6. Jan 9, 2012
    Well, the movie is really cool to watch with your family, mostly your kids, DON'T expect this to be amazing because it isn't, it's just a relaxing movie to watch without care if it has a great story or a great action part.
    Nothing to do? Reunite the family and watch this.
  7. Dec 2, 2011
    This is a cool movie. I thought it was funny, even if others did not laugh. In some ways, I think the story of this movie is better than the story of the book. I also prefer this modern story better.
  8. Jul 6, 2015
    I've really enjoyed this movie. It's the second time I've seen it now, and some parts really made me laugh. When I saw the metascore, I couldn't believe my eyes. It deserves a much better score in my opinion. Thumbs up for Jack Black!

1. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Jan 7, 2011
    At one point, Black puts out a fire by pissing on it. It's my job as a critic to piss on this dumb excuse for a movie. Consider it done.
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Dec 30, 2010
    Listless, dull, and totally lacking in spectacle.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael O'Sullivan
    Dec 25, 2010
    Unnecessary and unfunny re-imagining of the classic satire by Jonathan Swift.