Hackers

6.3

1. Jun 11, 2015
    This movie wasnt as bad as the people of the world rated it. it was actually entertaining at times. but also at the same really cheesy. overall it was a decent flick and im happy i watched it
  2. Jun 11, 2015
    The movie was OK. The whole story line of it was decent and barley kept me watching it. The beginning had a good start then started to slow down. The overall movie wasn't all that exciting. I probably wouldn't watch it again.
  3. Jun 9, 2015
    Characters were interesting. The effects are overly-used. Good idea, just not executed well. Not really realistic because I don't think that hacking requires just mashing keyboard buttons and sending rabbit viruses.
  4. Jun 9, 2015
    Hackers had an interesting plot line and the acting wasn't awful. All the computer stuff was confusing and it got really cheesy at times. The dialogue was also cheesy.
  5. Jun 9, 2015
    i think that it had parts that were kind of exciting not really but the special effects were not good and the acting was so bad. It was an okay movie but i would rather not watch it again.
  6. Jun 9, 2015
    I though that this movie was cheesy it was pretty boring. The ideas were decent but this movie didn't impress me very much. I needed more characters bye
  7. Jun 9, 2015
    This movie is pretty good. It has connections that bring events from the beginning to the end. And, the movie also has some pretty intense moments that get you almost as excited as the characters. Other than the multiple nicknames that are somewhat difficult to follow, this movie is not my favorite, but it is pretty sweet.
  8. Jun 9, 2015
    Although this was not my favorite movie, it wasn't the worst movie I have every seen. I didn't like all of the old technology though... too out of date in my opinion.
  9. Jun 9, 2015
    The movie was overall a really good movie with lots of humor in it. The acting was not the best and was sometimes awful, but all in all it was a really good movie to watch. The message was to show how smart somebody can be and with this they can use their brains to come up with something to ruin their lifes in the long run.
  10. Jun 9, 2015
    This movie was pretty lame. Tried way too hard with the visual effects and ended up just making the movie look lame. The whole story of this movie was not interesting at all. This is one of those movies that you see and you would rather just forget about it. The main character Dade is just trying to impress Angelina Jolie the entire movie and its just hard to watch as he think hes awesomeThis movie was pretty lame. Tried way too hard with the visual effects and ended up just making the movie look lame. The whole story of this movie was not interesting at all. This is one of those movies that you see and you would rather just forget about it. The main character Dade is just trying to impress Angelina Jolie the entire movie and its just hard to watch as he think hes awesome with his lame hacker name and his hacking skills that consist of randomly mashing buttons on his keyboard. I would not recommend this movie to anyone it is just terrible. Expand
  11. Jun 9, 2015
    I would rate this movie a 7 because it had a good story line and had good actors in the movie. I do think they could have had more going on in the movie tho and not have used the cartoon digital effects every once in a while. it would have made the movie seem more real.
  12. Jun 9, 2015
    I liked this movie but the graphics of when they were hacking into the system wasn't good. When the power went through the wires, it seemed like it took a long time. But overall it was a good movie.
  13. Jun 9, 2015
    This movie is very interesting. It has many suspenseful events in it. I recommend this movie to young adults and older. Some parts were good and some parts were not so good, bu overall this is a good movie.
  14. Jun 9, 2015
    The movie wasnt my favorite. It was older and the technology was out dated but some of the things they showed was interesting. The acting wasnt the best.
  15. Jun 5, 2015
    I like seeing Angelina Jolie in her younger days. This Movie had a good message. The boy crashed 1507 computers and the legal system suspended computer privileges for 8 years. It definitely showed how severe the punishments can be for doing inappropriate tasks. The way the students interacted that seems to be teenager culture to me. I liked the graphics even though I knew they wereI like seeing Angelina Jolie in her younger days. This Movie had a good message. The boy crashed 1507 computers and the legal system suspended computer privileges for 8 years. It definitely showed how severe the punishments can be for doing inappropriate tasks. The way the students interacted that seems to be teenager culture to me. I liked the graphics even though I knew they were not realistic. It's a MOVIE!! :) Expand
  16. Oct 1, 2011
    Fantastic, fun movie. Not a serious look at hacking, but rather a great portrayal of the hacking sub-culture. Not to be taken seriously, just great fun.
  17. Jan 26, 2011
    This is the single best movie I have ever seen in my entire life with literally no exception. The combination of artistic liberty with technological marvel had created a powerful cinematic experience that is without rival. If every movie was this good, we would surely be looking at a world with so much talent it would be apocalyptic. No movie will ever be as good as this one once you haveThis is the single best movie I have ever seen in my entire life with literally no exception. The combination of artistic liberty with technological marvel had created a powerful cinematic experience that is without rival. If every movie was this good, we would surely be looking at a world with so much talent it would be apocalyptic. No movie will ever be as good as this one once you have seen this. If you enjoy being entertained, do not watch this. It will make everything else pale in comparison. HACK THE PLANET! Collapse
  18. Sep 12, 2010
    With plot holes big enough to drive a plot through, and a level of realism usually only found in sci-fi B movies, this movie isn't a classic. That being said, it's fun. I campy nerd film. If you are not a computer person, or are an actual hacker, avoid this, but if you own a keyboard and know what a d20 is, you'll enjoy this.
  19. joej
    Jun 22, 2009
    Sorry, this is probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Not only did the lead actor have the talent of a cabbage, but the entire thing looked like it was directed and written by a bunch of 40-somethings who were trying to appeal to a younger audience. The entire concept doesn't lend itself well to a special effects film and only ends up dating the movie worse than most. Sorry, this is probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Not only did the lead actor have the talent of a cabbage, but the entire thing looked like it was directed and written by a bunch of 40-somethings who were trying to appeal to a younger audience. The entire concept doesn't lend itself well to a special effects film and only ends up dating the movie worse than most. Watching it right after seeing The Wackness may have skewed my persepective, being that Wackness was a far superior representation of the 90's and all around film, but either way Hackers was still awful. Expand
  20. [anonymous]
    May 26, 2006
    Gets across the feelings of hacking, the excitement, the duration, the reasons for doing it. The most realistic emotionally accurate portrayal I've seen coming out of Hollywood yet.
  21. AlexS.
    Mar 13, 2006
    Really stupid. Hacking is nothing like the movie portrayes it to be, belive me, I would know.
  22. F-XT
    Dec 19, 2005
    It's one of my fav. good old movies cuz it's so funny by just looking at people of the 90's XD I just can't stop laughing looking at the bad guy in skate!
  23. camn.
    Oct 26, 2005
    Don't take it seriously and just have fun with it....A boy meets girl and saves the world by typing movie with a fun heart.
  24. CS
    Mar 14, 2005
    Was this movie written by Kraft? I only ask because this movie like this lame joke is the cheesiest of all time. The only redeeming quality of this movie is being able to see Angelina Jolie partially unsheathed.
  25. JosieP.
    Oct 12, 2003
    Spandex is a privilege, not a right! I thought this movie was a lot of fun. Yes, the 2nd half of the film involving Fisher Stevens and Lorraine Bracco was ridiculous, but the chemistry been Jonny Lee Miller and Angelina Jolie was palpable. She looks amazing in this film, by the way... Check it out for some light fun.

Jolie, the daughter of Jon Voight, and Miller, a British newcomer, bring a particular quality to their performances that is convincing and engaging.
  2. A lot of attention has gone into the film's video games, computer imagery and costumes, to the point where simply watching these artifacts is half the fun...But eventually Hackers turns tedious, perhaps not realizing that an audience can get tired of the same old equations floating in cyberspace.
    There's not a slowly-paced scene or a dull moment to be found. If nothing else, this film won't bore the average viewer. However, when Hackers has been dissected, what's uncovered beneath the flashy skin is an old-fashioned, film-by-numbers thriller.