6.4

1. joej
    Jun 22, 2009
    Sorry, this is probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Not only did the lead actor have the talent of a cabbage, but the entire thing looked like it was directed and written by a bunch of 40-somethings who were trying to appeal to a younger audience. The entire concept doesn't lend itself well to a special effects film and only ends up dating the movie worse than most. Sorry, this is probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Not only did the lead actor have the talent of a cabbage, but the entire thing looked like it was directed and written by a bunch of 40-somethings who were trying to appeal to a younger audience. The entire concept doesn't lend itself well to a special effects film and only ends up dating the movie worse than most. Watching it right after seeing The Wackness may have skewed my persepective, being that Wackness was a far superior representation of the 90's and all around film, but either way Hackers was still awful. Collapse
  2. AlexS.
    Mar 13, 2006
    Really stupid. Hacking is nothing like the movie portrayes it to be, belive me, I would know.
  3. JosieP.
    Oct 12, 2003
    Spandex is a privilege, not a right! I thought this movie was a lot of fun. Yes, the 2nd half of the film involving Fisher Stevens and Lorraine Bracco was ridiculous, but the chemistry been Jonny Lee Miller and Angelina Jolie was palpable. She looks amazing in this film, by the way... Check it out for some light fun.
  4. camn.
    Oct 26, 2005
    Don't take it seriously and just have fun with it....A boy meets girl and saves the world by typing movie with a fun heart.
  5. CS
    Mar 14, 2005
    Was this movie written by Kraft? I only ask because this movie like this lame joke is the cheesiest of all time. The only redeeming quality of this movie is being able to see Angelina Jolie partially unsheathed.
  6. [anonymous]
    May 26, 2006
    Gets across the feelings of hacking, the excitement, the duration, the reasons for doing it. The most realistic emotionally accurate portrayal I've seen coming out of Hollywood yet.
  7. F-XT
    Dec 19, 2005
    It's one of my fav. good old movies cuz it's so funny by just looking at people of the 90's XD I just can't stop laughing looking at the bad guy in skate!
  8. Sep 12, 2010
    With plot holes big enough to drive a plot through, and a level of realism usually only found in sci-fi B movies, this movie isn't a classic. That being said, it's fun. I campy nerd film. If you are not a computer person, or are an actual hacker, avoid this, but if you own a keyboard and know what a d20 is, you'll enjoy this.
  9. Jan 26, 2011
    This is the single best movie I have ever seen in my entire life with literally no exception. The combination of artistic liberty with technological marvel had created a powerful cinematic experience that is without rival. If every movie was this good, we would surely be looking at a world with so much talent it would be apocalyptic. No movie will ever be as good as this one once you haveThis is the single best movie I have ever seen in my entire life with literally no exception. The combination of artistic liberty with technological marvel had created a powerful cinematic experience that is without rival. If every movie was this good, we would surely be looking at a world with so much talent it would be apocalyptic. No movie will ever be as good as this one once you have seen this. If you enjoy being entertained, do not watch this. It will make everything else pale in comparison. HACK THE PLANET! Expand
  10. Oct 1, 2011
    Fantastic, fun movie. Not a serious look at hacking, but rather a great portrayal of the hacking sub-culture. Not to be taken seriously, just great fun.

Jolie, the daughter of Jon Voight, and Miller, a British newcomer, bring a particular quality to their performances that is convincing and engaging.
  2. A lot of attention has gone into the film's video games, computer imagery and costumes, to the point where simply watching these artifacts is half the fun...But eventually Hackers turns tedious, perhaps not realizing that an audience can get tired of the same old equations floating in cyberspace.
    There's not a slowly-paced scene or a dull moment to be found. If nothing else, this film won't bore the average viewer. However, when Hackers has been dissected, what's uncovered beneath the flashy skin is an old-fashioned, film-by-numbers thriller.