Haiku Tunnel

7.5

1. J.Woolf
    Mar 8, 2003
    Terrific movie. Reviews don't do the film justice.
  2. ThurstonH.
    Jan 10, 2005
    Story about a stocky, audience perceived, less than average male schmuck, whose occupation as "just a secretary" shames him mentally. His true love is writing. Hilarious in many ways, as the adage: "Clever liars reveal details, the cleverest don't" comes back to bite the main character, "Josh" pay special attention to his relationships with women here. Thoroughly enjoyed this movie, Story about a stocky, audience perceived, less than average male schmuck, whose occupation as "just a secretary" shames him mentally. His true love is writing. Hilarious in many ways, as the adage: "Clever liars reveal details, the cleverest don't" comes back to bite the main character, "Josh" pay special attention to his relationships with women here. Thoroughly enjoyed this movie, must be seen when you are not too judgemental of a mood, & viewed without high expectations. If you gived this film a chance, you will laugh out loud. Has a certain dilbert corporate bashing... flare to it. Definetely worth a look. I vote it 2 electric pencil sharpeners up!!! Enjoy, & Cheers! Expand
  3. ClaudiaM.
    Nov 12, 2002
    This is a hilariously funny film that assumes intelligence, and thus doesn't try to jam the jokes down your throat.
  4. SusanS.
    Dec 12, 2002
    A must see for anyone who has ever worked in for a law firm !!
  5. EllenG.
    Jan 25, 2004
    Stands right along side The Producers and Play It Again Sam in intelligent humor . I was delighted to welcome Josh Kornbluth to the ranks of Mel Brooks and Woody Allen in the best of American humor.
  6. RandyW.
    Jan 22, 2005
    Very intelligent comedy - most will not get the humor and will not like the movie.
  7. VickieR.
    Jan 25, 2007
    I am a big fan of the "loser" movie genre, plus orginally from the bay area, so I really loved it. I thought it had some dead on satire, and some great quotes. I have to admit tho that I recommended it to some friends and they now give me funny looks.
  8. LeeF.
    Dec 11, 2002
    Oddly compelling. Some stuff works well, other stuff falls flat.
  9. AlyoshaK.
    Dec 29, 2002
    I found the detatched surreality to be wonderfully uncontrolled, though the film seems comfortable with where it is at any given moment, it feels as though it could spin out of control instantly, hitting with precision the chord it aims for. A fine film to me.

1. A funny movie, but like "Josh" himself, it's too self-absorbed, and maybe too nice, for its own good.
  2. The result is a winning comedy.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    Already too long. It makes you want to start moving globs of dirt to tunnel out of the theater as the movie ends with the famous theme to "The Great Escape."