7.6

1. Apr 3, 2012
    A wonderfully entertaining movie. A very funny script with so many diverse characters. They all come together and shine in their performances. Just flat out enjoyable.
  2. Apr 13, 2012
    Bravo! This is the best movie I have seen in years. The songs, dancing and music make this movie an enjoyable musical. Even if you don't like musicals, you are sure to walk out of the cinema or switch off your TV smiling.
  3. Sep 9, 2012
    One of the best movies I've seen and yet, I'm not really into musicals. The movie just made me stand up and dance all my way to the best "You Can't Stop the Beat". A movie with true and quality content, not the crappy films that are being released. Simply great!
  4. Aug 14, 2013
    This is one of those films that is sure to put a smile on your face. I can't think of the film without getting a song stuck in my head. Well worth a watch
  5. Nov 1, 2012
    The best movie musical of all time.
  6. Dec 31, 2012
    Easily my favourite musical and it's not hard to tell why because its full of catchy songs and stand-out performances from the cast. Not only is it a great concept but it's crosses over from a Broadway show to Film so easily! Nikki Blonsky in her first major role is just a delight and she is joined by so many talented stars here, but there's no looking past John Travolta and his hilarious portrayal of Edna! Overall a delightful film to watch and it will always be one of my favourites :) Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    If you look fast, you'll see Waters himself in a cameo (as a flasher; what else?), proof the new film is in touch with its dyed roots.
  2. Reviewed by: Albert Williams
    With its wisecracking screenplay, period-perfect pop score, and Shankman's splashy choreography, this may be the funniest, dancingest screen musical since "Singin' in the Rain."
    Delivers an even bigger sugar rush than the hit Broadway musical.