Half Baked

8.3

1. GleepW.
    Apr 23, 2008
    Kasey, think about you dumbass. Who else would come in here 10 years after the movie first came out? Strictly fans of this movie! The movie itself was pretty horrible. Curiosity just brought me in here.
  2. DanD
    Sep 29, 2005
    This movie is just plain stupid. I didn't laugh once and didnt think any of the jokes were funny in the least. Skip this sorry excuse for a movie.
  3. GaborA.
    Feb 17, 2004
    It took the influence of marijuana to make this movie. It takes the influence of something a lot stronger to enjoy this bomb.
  4. Beercan
    Jan 11, 2005
    Watching this film again after all these years, it's pretty clear to me why Dave Chappelle is only now becoming famous - he kept starring in movies like this. I love silly pothead movies as much as the next dope, but this film makes the crucial mistake of thinking that endlessly talking about weed is all that's required for it to be funny. It's not. Desite an amusing cameo Watching this film again after all these years, it's pretty clear to me why Dave Chappelle is only now becoming famous - he kept starring in movies like this. I love silly pothead movies as much as the next dope, but this film makes the crucial mistake of thinking that endlessly talking about weed is all that's required for it to be funny. It's not. Desite an amusing cameo from Jon Stewart and a pretty funny bit early on involving a black woman and a horse, this is strictly for teens and frat boys. If you really want to see what Chappelle was capable of before his show, check out his performance as the stand-up comic in the Nutty Professor remake. As for this mess, these days probably even Dave himself would say: it sucks, b..ch. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 14 Critics

I kind of liked this slow, stoner comedy.
  2. The humor in this movie is basically anthropological notes on doper culture and behavior: junk-food frenzies, smoking rituals and hardware, non sequitur conversation, and short-term memory loss. In other words, stuff that passed into the realm of cliché back in the time of the Johnson administration.
  3. Reviewed by: Ron Wells
    The title refers to your expected condition when you see this movie. Oh well. It'll be HUGE on video.