Halloween

8.9

1. Nov 1, 2012
    Excessively overrated crap. How can I decently scare me when I know so little of the story? Why does Michael Myers kill? Why this girl? And why couldn't you integrate some additional stories, Mr. Carpenter? A good horror movie offers more than apparently purportless killings. Not scary, not intelligent, not good. At least I thought the Michael Myers characters was good. His mask and hisExcessively overrated crap. How can I decently scare me when I know so little of the story? Why does Michael Myers kill? Why this girl? And why couldn't you integrate some additional stories, Mr. Carpenter? A good horror movie offers more than apparently purportless killings. Not scary, not intelligent, not good. At least I thought the Michael Myers characters was good. His mask and his groaning are pretty scary, you could've made a good film out of this. Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a very easily scared person my sister has told me about scary movies and its scared me just so you get an idea of how easily frightened I am and quite frankly this movie was not scary I was only startled at two of the jump scares and it wasn't the big ones because I predicted where all of the other ones would be if i watch a horror movie and go home and walk into my house then go straight to my bedroom without turning any lights on i dont think a horror movie did its job and on top of the fact that this movie doesn't really have any good actors besides the professor who wasn't even that talented at that this movie was one of the worst movies I've ever seen and that's not an exaggeration Expand
  3. Nov 30, 2015
    in every halloween movie it always appears for michael to chase after his sister using the name of laurie. iit causes the movie to be boring and uninteresting because he uses the same character and its name throughout the whole movie!!!!!

1. Reviewed by: Gary Arnold
    Oct 31, 2015
    Halloween is a stab at a derivative minor classic. It's apparent where Carpenter got his horror devices - and a minor misfortune that he hasn't been able to synthesize them in a fresh or exciting way.
  2. Reviewed by: Ron Pennington
    Oct 31, 2015
    Carpenter creates excellent tension throughout and he avoids excessive blood and gore in the murder sequences. The violent actions are mostly implied more than graphically depicted, which serves to heighten the effect.
    Not entirely without some laughable or dated scenes, Halloween remains an original that continues to inspire a genre and probe middle America's fears about what's really lurking in the laundry room after midnight.