7.2

1. Nov 29, 2014
    I'm not a big fan of the Halloween franchise and this is not the movie that will make love the franchise.The acting was great but there is some serious plothole.The death scenes were not so good either but,the movie was good.
  2. Nov 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best Halloween movie since the original. The fight with Michael alone makes this worth watching. Too bad it wasn't really him. I feel like this would have been a good place for the series to end. Expand
  3. Oct 28, 2014
    H20 was really actually scary it has alot of tense and volume to the music that actually scares the hell out of you when myers jumps out or the friends jump out as an accident. same story , same plot ,same old dumb resurrecting thats what SUCKS ! about the franchise , just kill him hits simple , but thats annoys me about the film series. But this actually a good movie it takes back 20H20 was really actually scary it has alot of tense and volume to the music that actually scares the hell out of you when myers jumps out or the friends jump out as an accident. same story , same plot ,same old dumb resurrecting thats what SUCKS ! about the franchise , just kill him hits simple , but thats annoys me about the film series. But this actually a good movie it takes back 20 years of Jamie Lee Curtis' Character " Laurie Strode" it's a good Steve Miner film i am not sure if the original director of halloween John Carpenter had a different view of the story though. Grade A
    ( i am a huge fan of Carpenter 's halloween series there is so much things that halloween can reveal about Myers tell the unthinkable film of halloween).
  4. Jul 9, 2014
    I saw many people say "direct sequel to the original movie" lol.. the other halloweens movies they enter to the history too, the begenning of this movie, they show us all the papers about the all murders from Myers incluyed Halloween 4, 5, and 6 and spin offs so this secuel dont have much sense like 20 years later and forgot her daughter and have another son? Is a good secuel but not theI saw many people say "direct sequel to the original movie" lol.. the other halloweens movies they enter to the history too, the begenning of this movie, they show us all the papers about the all murders from Myers incluyed Halloween 4, 5, and 6 and spin offs so this secuel dont have much sense like 20 years later and forgot her daughter and have another son? Is a good secuel but not the best, i think Halloween V , 6 and 2 was much better.. obviously i dont mentioned Halloween resurrection because is complete crap Expand
  5. Jan 11, 2014
    A 'Scream'-type sequel to the original Halloween, featuring the return of Jamie Lee Curtis. This film suffered from seemingly being slapped together as a cash-cow for Dimension Studios rather than a stand alone film.
  6. Sep 20, 2013
    Jamie Lee Curtis returns to reprise her role as the traumatized sister of Michael Myers, Laurie Strode. She delivers this character with much independence and courage. This movie has a fantastic storyline and a fantastic cast. A direct sequel to the first two "Halloween" films. Honestly if time would let it, this could be the true "Halloween 3."
  7. Aug 30, 2013
    The true sequel to Halloween II, it tries with great effort to utterly defecate on any quality that the preceding sequels hadn't already deprecated Curtis reprises her role, as does Nancy Stephen's. However the former obliterates any memorable qualities her character possessed, while the latter exasperates the trivial featuring of her character's existence. While failing to falter into theThe true sequel to Halloween II, it tries with great effort to utterly defecate on any quality that the preceding sequels hadn't already deprecated Curtis reprises her role, as does Nancy Stephen's. However the former obliterates any memorable qualities her character possessed, while the latter exasperates the trivial featuring of her character's existence. While failing to falter into the cesspit that the previous entries dug, it fails to deliver scares or quality that the first two films established (more-so the first.) Halloween VII is best viewed in trilogy format with the first-two, if you understand you're going from an "A" film to a "C" film to a "D" film. Please with all love ignore the final film in the franchise, unless you're open to experiencing rest to the franchise (literally). Expand
  8. Dec 9, 2012
    For all its weaknesses, I give this movie major points if only for trying to undo some of the damage to the series from parts 5 and 6; the director is clearly trying to shed some of the franchise' bad habits by de-canonizing the ridiculous "mark of Thorn" timeline. The return of Laurie Strode is strictly good news, as we can finally expect a more fitting conclusion to her story than anFor all its weaknesses, I give this movie major points if only for trying to undo some of the damage to the series from parts 5 and 6; the director is clearly trying to shed some of the franchise' bad habits by de-canonizing the ridiculous "mark of Thorn" timeline. The return of Laurie Strode is strictly good news, as we can finally expect a more fitting conclusion to her story than an off-screen car crash Expand
  9. Mar 11, 2012
    Amazing movie! A direct sequel to "Halloween II." This (like other "Halloween" movies) doesn't get enough credit for bringing something new to cinema. I love it!
  10. Dec 22, 2011
    It was ok. Still a little too generic for my taste and the acting was pretty horrible too. The kills werent all that good either. Takes far too long to get into as well. Just another generic addition to the series.
  11. Aug 12, 2011
    This movie will always have a place in my heart as it is the first horror movie I ever saw. I saw it before the other Halloween films and so I thought it was the greatest thing I'd ever seen. Truthfully, it is not a bad horror movie. Hartnett and Williams are a lot of fun to watch and Jamie Lee Curtis never disappoints. The problem is that nothing beats the first Halloween and to even tryThis movie will always have a place in my heart as it is the first horror movie I ever saw. I saw it before the other Halloween films and so I thought it was the greatest thing I'd ever seen. Truthfully, it is not a bad horror movie. Hartnett and Williams are a lot of fun to watch and Jamie Lee Curtis never disappoints. The problem is that nothing beats the first Halloween and to even try is a fruitless endeavor Expand
  12. Jul 30, 2011
    wow. can we get any gayer? YES! its called halloween resurrection! i cant even believe jamie lee curtis signed on to this abomination of a film. not only does michael myers' mask make him look like he has down syndrome, but nothing about this movie is scary. NOTHING.
  13. Nov 6, 2010
    very nice sequel to the original
  14. ChristianS.
    Aug 8, 2009
    Tied up with 1981's Halloween II, the second best in the series. Jamie Lee Curtis is back and it gets better. The whole film is very suspenseful and creepy from start to finish.
  15. ScottN
    Jun 7, 2009
    I went to see this movie in the theatre expecting it to be pretty awful. After all, how many of you expect the 7th movie in a horror series to be any good? Anyway, I came away pleasantly surprised, and this is now probably my 2nd (or 3rd at worst) favorite in the entire series. Really a nice wrap up to the whole Laurie/Michael storyline, and this is where it ends in my mind. Don't be I went to see this movie in the theatre expecting it to be pretty awful. After all, how many of you expect the 7th movie in a horror series to be any good? Anyway, I came away pleasantly surprised, and this is now probably my 2nd (or 3rd at worst) favorite in the entire series. Really a nice wrap up to the whole Laurie/Michael storyline, and this is where it ends in my mind. Don't be fooled by Resurrection and the fact that Jamie Lee is in it - that movie is a farce and Jamie Lee's appearance is nothing more than a shameful cameo.. H20 is suspenseful, well written, and well acted. Good job!! Expand
  16. GeorgeW
    Jan 14, 2008
    This is a great film. One of the best thrillers ever made. It's actually much better than the first, in my opinion. This film is quite thrilling, the music made it thrilling actually. The best thing about it is that it scares us rather than showing us gore and stuff like that. Oh yes, the gore is minimal, there's also no sex/nudity. Great film!
  17. patrick
    Jun 11, 2005
    Yay!
  18. bobby-joeb.
    Feb 3, 2005
    Pros: great acting, every moment is scary, screenplay actually makes sense (unlike most other horror's these days) cons: the bastard just never dies does he? Some sadly predictable moments my thoughts: One of the best contemporary horror movies out there. if its a scare you want this movie suplies.
  19. JoJo
    Apr 19, 2004
    Fully Sick, Hallowen H20 Rocks, I love how he comes back and just walks the school, For 1 REASON, To Kill His SISTER. In Ressurection, Why the hell wouldn't the girl tell the god damn police she saw Michael through the window. I wouldn't do it. I mean He walked its halls, he dreamt in its bedrooms, he killed in that house. Fully Sick.
  20. GilbertMulroneycakes:ANewBeginning
    Nov 1, 2003
    It works. It's effective. It's tense. It does the necessary. And it's probably the best of a pretty poor bunch of sequels. Surprised to note on this site that Carpenter didn't come back after all - nuts, my Resurrection spiel's going to make me look like a hideous fool now. I'm sure he poked his nose in somewhere, though. Ah, the hell with it. Point is, this It works. It's effective. It's tense. It does the necessary. And it's probably the best of a pretty poor bunch of sequels. Surprised to note on this site that Carpenter didn't come back after all - nuts, my Resurrection spiel's going to make me look like a hideous fool now. I'm sure he poked his nose in somewhere, though. Ah, the hell with it. Point is, this is a good movie, if not a great one; if it's greatness you're after, watch the first. But then you knew that already. Expand
  21. KatrinaG.
    Oct 28, 2003
    It is scary because you don't know where he is all the time and it can get scary and suspenseful great movie i give it a thumbs up.

He can take a licking and keep on slicing. In the latest Halloween movie, he absorbs a blow from an ax, several knife slashes, a rock pounded on the skull, a fall down a steep hillside and being crushed against a tree by a truck. Whatever he's got, mankind needs it.
  2. For horror film devotees eager to know how this unseasonable visit from the darker spirits of autumn rates, frankly, it's more marketing trick than moviegoer treat.
  3. The 20th-anniversary sequel to the groundbreaking horror film-and the sixth in an increasingly awful series about the bulletproof murderer Michael Myers-is a styleless and predictable affair.