6.5

1. Dec 29, 2010
    Whenever I first watched this movie, I just thought wow! Why I like it is because it's unique to other superhero movies. One of the best films I ever watched.
  2. CharlieF.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Great comedy/action/etc!!
  3. IanA.
    Jul 13, 2008
    LOVED this movie. I don't understand why it has received so many poor reviews. It was really entertaining and not just the same old superhero type of movie, I think it was a cut above the rest and can thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for an hour and a half of fun escapism.
  4. EricC.
    Jul 2, 2008
    I thought it was one of the funniest movies ive seen in years alot better then these dumb criticts are beter then other movies theve reviewed like zohan are you kidding me that got a 54 and hancock a 48 zohan was garbage worst adam sandler movie ever made im sorry hancock deserves a way better score i personaly give it atleast a 98 the movie was great it was fun entertaining and full of I thought it was one of the funniest movies ive seen in years alot better then these dumb criticts are beter then other movies theve reviewed like zohan are you kidding me that got a 54 and hancock a 48 zohan was garbage worst adam sandler movie ever made im sorry hancock deserves a way better score i personaly give it atleast a 98 the movie was great it was fun entertaining and full of laughs i recomend everyone to go se this movie screw the criticts the dont know anything. Expand
  5. JoshuaB.
    Jul 4, 2008
    This movie is well worth your time. I am a huge will smith fan, but skeptical of this role. I didn't think this was going to fit him, but I was wrong. Will smith is spectacular, along with opposite Charlize Theron, and suprisingly well Juno co-star Jason Bateman. A must see amongst all movies this summer.
  6. RicoG
    Jul 5, 2008
    I dont care what critics think, i watch a movie and decide for myself. Sometimes critics dont know what their talking about. I think they just watch to many movies in the long run and are unhappy with their jobs. I loved this Movie and want to watch it again.
  7. RenarldoM.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nice twist,critics are stupid.Not much of a family movie,but it was good.Very funny good to see a super hero movie without marvel and dc.
  8. BetsyM
    Jul 6, 2008
    I really enjoyed this movie. Good story, good acting. I guess the professional reviewers think they know better about how to critique a movie, but they missed the boat on this one.
  9. StECStEC
    Dec 1, 2008
    This was the best superhero movie of the summer only behind Dark Knight. Really this was a fantastic twist on the genre and it worked not too mention Will Smith is simply amazing in these big summer epic roles!
  10. JanetN.
    Jul 1, 2008
    This movie has everything you could want in a summer blockbuster -- great humor & action. Will Smith is fabulous but Jason Bateman almost steals the show.
  11. AndréL.
    Jul 13, 2008
    This movie is good, i don´t know why the majority don´t think the same, it´s original because put a black as a hero, it is very fun, and has good special effects, that´s it, if the history in the end is not so good, that´s alright, but still, the movie is very good.
  12. RichardJ.
    Jul 15, 2008
    Once again critics have made them selves look stupid. This movie apart from Iron Man is the best movie of the year so far, big statement I know but this film has everything, action, romance, comedy and drama. It is a superhero movie with a heart, and is humanistic, everyone is waiting for the new Batman but for me the lead characters in this film are outstanding(not Oscar quality but very Once again critics have made them selves look stupid. This movie apart from Iron Man is the best movie of the year so far, big statement I know but this film has everything, action, romance, comedy and drama. It is a superhero movie with a heart, and is humanistic, everyone is waiting for the new Batman but for me the lead characters in this film are outstanding(not Oscar quality but very good all the same). Maybe most critics like to dis Will Smith he has done some incredible commercial movies, but this one has merit like Enemy of The State, and I-Robot. sorry to say this but the critics are very misguided on this film and I only trust two critics before watching Movies, The NY times and Rolling Stone magazine especially Pete Travers. So ignore the majority of critics watch this film and be surprised at how good it is. Expand
  13. JakeC
    Jul 16, 2008
    Your same old super hero movie until the eccentric plot twist in the middle.
  14. JoshN
    Jul 2, 2008
    This movie is seriously great. No reason for you to doubt it being a blockbuster. Very funny, very intriguing, and maybe suffers from a bit of flatness, but it's definitely a very good movie. Go see it
  15. AnthonyG.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Great movie! will smith and jason bateman are great together-this is just a fun summer popcorn movie!!! Bring on part 2!!!!!
  16. ChrisG.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Great action and humor ... what else could you want from a summer blockbuster!
  17. MarquesH
    Jul 2, 2008
    Loved the movie, Love Will Smith! Forget what the critics have to say. If you are a Will Smith fan, go see this movie.
  18. SamH.
    Very good satire comedy.
  19. SimonM.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Everything a Will Smith summer movie should be! If your expecting "Iron Man", "the Incredible Hulk", or "the Dark Knight" you may be disappointed, just think of it as a Will Smith picture with a superhero twist, cause that's what it is!
  20. DanteM
    Jul 3, 2008
    All the critics seem to be inacting exactly what Hancock did to he 2 prisoners. This movie was amazing, it had everything a true movie lover would want. You haters are just a bunch of movie loving posers.
  21. CarolP.
    Jul 5, 2008
    I really don't understand the bad reviews. Great acting. Interesting plot. Thoughtful ideas. Limited special effects subject to last three. What is this with the stupid critics?
  22. CoreyF.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Very action packed, and funny stupid story but i dont care because it entertained me.
  23. JamesR.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Great movie, a good twist on the superhero movie theme. Both thrilling and funny, and Arrested development star Jason Bateman dominates the movie with a larger speaking role than Will smith. Definitely does not deserve a worse rating than "You don't mess with the zohan," i mean, come on.
  24. MaxC.
    Jul 8, 2008
    I had a lot of fun watching this movie and will watch again. I can't wait for the DVD with the bonus features.
  25. JimS.
    Aug 3, 2008
    This movie was great, it was hilarious Had a good story and was serious at parts, It is the best movie I've seen this summer.
  26. RandyY.
    Aug 8, 2008
    I really don't understand why the critics gave this bad reviews. It was really awesome
  27. KimQ.
    Dec 1, 2008
    Hancock brings a true tour de force of action, curiousity and angst to the screen. A brilliant movie that ranges through all emotions. Brava!
  28. Hexen29
    Dec 22, 2008
    What an unexpected surprise! Yes in parts it's really odd, but I loved it all the more for that. It made me laugh lots too.
  29. JC
    Jul 11, 2008
    This movie is so great! It has a perfect storyline, plot, and has a great twist! It had so much action and it is hilarious!
  30. HarleyB.
    Jul 10, 2008
    keeps you entertained the whole time, which is something most movies now days don't do. and even with its plot twists it shows you the side of superheroes that should be shown more often.
  31. ArtB.
    Jul 10, 2008
    I really cant believe so many people DIDN'T like this movie!?! I thought it was great and had it explained the characters better, (Their explanation of why he was a super hero was lame admittedly) I would have gave it a 10.
  32. RatK
    Jul 1, 2008
    Thoroughly entertaining and funny movie! The history behind Hancock's superpowers could have been explained better, but that is not the major plot of the movie. Great performances and excellent special effects. Another blockbuster from Will Smith.
  33. PatriciaM.
    Jul 12, 2008
    I love will smith he is a great actor and this movie is very good.
  34. ScottS.
    Jul 2, 2008
    I saw Hancock at the Midnight release. The theater was less packed than I thought it would be for a release. Will Smith did an exelent job in bringing humor and crazima to the roll. The only down sidew was the very jumpy camera during the action scenes. The twist is a side-swipe.This movie is a true movie that will get a sequel!!!!
  35. JohnnyL.
    Jul 23, 2008
    One of the best movies this year don't listen to the critic's they don't know shit.
  36. JoeB.
    Jul 3, 2008
    This movie was awesome, funny, had a lot of action, story wasnt too bad, great performances by the actors. GO SEE IT!!!
  37. FelixG.
    Jul 4, 2008
    I think the Amercian public is getting spoiled. I have no clue why they would rate this movie low when there is so much crap out there. The bottom line. this movie was enjoyable! Go see it !!!!!
  38. JimM.
    Jul 5, 2008
    This film was much better than I anticipated after reading earlier reviews. It actually had a message along with the action and comedy but not to the point of being "heavy". It's a film I could enjoy over again--it's like a good summer beach book -- entertaining and energetic.
  39. AJJ.
    Jul 7, 2008
    This movie was absolutely awesome!!!!! I think critics just hate Will Smith, get over it, he's not going anywhere.
  40. DavidD
    Jul 7, 2008
    I really liked this movie! It was totally different then anything that you will see in a superhero type movie. Personally i liked the story. I know some didn't. I liked the bad guys to just humans. In so many movies, they move too fast and have some unbeatable bad guy that makes the "hero" look weak. Leave that for the sequels. But there is one thing i could not agree more then what I really liked this movie! It was totally different then anything that you will see in a superhero type movie. Personally i liked the story. I know some didn't. I liked the bad guys to just humans. In so many movies, they move too fast and have some unbeatable bad guy that makes the "hero" look weak. Leave that for the sequels. But there is one thing i could not agree more then what James B said. What in the hell is wrong with Hollywood and their jiggling cameras?!!!! Do they think thats cool? I think it is just stupidly annoying as hell!! So many of these movies would be soooo much better if there was a still camera like the good ole days. Can we please get back to that?!! Expand
  41. RyanD.
    Jul 8, 2008
    I loved it, I gave it a 9 because the plot kind of meandered a bit, and I feel they sort of sacrificed an amazing ending for a happy ending, but It was still great.
  42. RF
    Dec 23, 2008
    'Hancock' is what the original 'Superman' movie would have been had it been made in the 21st century. The film is brilliant. It is part superhero parody and part social commentary. I waited for the DVD due to all the negative reviews from White, American, main-stream critics and now regret that delay. It is one of the very few films I plan to see twice. Very well done, 'Hancock' is what the original 'Superman' movie would have been had it been made in the 21st century. The film is brilliant. It is part superhero parody and part social commentary. I waited for the DVD due to all the negative reviews from White, American, main-stream critics and now regret that delay. It is one of the very few films I plan to see twice. Very well done, hope there is a sequel. Expand
  43. TredeM.
    Jul 17, 2008
    Critics are just dumb. This movie is gold. Well done, Mr. Smith.
  44. LeventeS
    Jun 26, 2009
    Despite a slightly flat performance from Charlize Theron in a keystone role as opponent-come love-interest, and a bit of a muddled plot, Hancock is more than rescued by Will Smith's charisma and charm, not to mention a solid script, well-rounded characters, and a soundtrack that surprised me more than anything else. not perfect, not even close, but definitely worth more than one viewing.
  45. May 7, 2011
    awesome movie.....i just love the movie and will smith and his acting.....itz rating should be 8 or 9...can't understand why it is not....anyways its depends on thinking and choice.
  46. Sep 27, 2011
    this film is one of d best films ive ever seen
    Its got tons of action,really funny,great acting and an okay story..must watch!
    Personally its ma favourite will smith movie
  47. Oct 27, 2014
    Hancock is really a amazing movie, specially Will Smith and his Hancock Costume. I bought this costume from "Slimfit Jackets" online store at affordable price.

1. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    The visual effects are stellar, but the true star is Smith, who again demonstrates acting chops as well as effortless charisma in a vehicle that's only occasionally worthy of his superhuman skills.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    The effects are snazzy, even if they pass by quite quickly, and there's enough going on to keep audiences watching, if not entirely happy. Smith, Theron and Bateman capably handle the main roles, but such is the skimpiness of the scenario that no further characters make any impact.
    Hancock suggests new visual directions and emotional tonalities for pop. It's by far the most enjoyable big movie of the summer.