5.7

1. May 25, 2014
    Well i knew that when i was going to watch this movie is wasn't going to be anything special and i was right. Rather then taking the story serious i took it as a joke and that's what it should be taken as. thought the film tries to make itself seem serious i watch it and laugh. The action was cool with a couple great death scenes. Jeremy Renner, Gemma Arterton do a good job that was one thing about this is that they didn't completely suck Famke Janssen on the other hand though was just sad.

Overall i give it a 6.0 Gemma Arterton was the main reason why i watched this film and ill most likely re-watch at least one more time
  2. Apr 21, 2014
    A contemporary, somewhat steam-punk take on the classic fairytale, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters tries to utilise the popular idea of 'what happens after the story ends'. The whole ensemble is a camp, yet entertaining film, which is similar to 2004's Van Helsing. The performances are mediocre to satisfactory at best, with a poor script and short run-time limiting the cast to cardboard acting. Overall, it's style over substance, but it somewhat embraces it, with a satire-like flair. The film doesn't take itself too seriously, and is a perfect example of a 'popcorn flick', perfect for a night in. Expand
  3. Apr 10, 2014
    “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” is yet another failed attempt to convert a child’s tale into an adult-oriented action movie. Following in the footsteps of such films as “Red Riding Hood” and “Snow White and the Huntsman,” the movie completely misses the mark.
    Filled with modern humor and lingo, “Hansel & Gretel” completely breaks the illusion of taking place in what the environment
    suggests is the Middle Ages. If this wasn’t enough, the two are fully equipment with a high-tech, witch-hunting arsenal (including, of course, a Gatling gun).
    Overall, I would rate the movie as a low F.
  4. Mar 22, 2014
    best Movie ever made after Movies like evil dead gore an blood some funny elements in it to you have be a person that really like good old fantasy gore great from the begining too the end hej då

its getting bad score from the persons that have lost they fantasy that persons should stop Reviews Movie like this. look forward to the second Movie
  5. Mar 2, 2014
    It was okay I was actually quite disappointed when I saw it the first time because I was really expecting more from this. It just simply didn't live up to my standards.
  6. Jan 25, 2014
    This movie was alright. I feel it could have been made a little more intriguing than what it was. The acting was good, but there wasn't as much action as I had initially intended. Not only that, but I felt that the movie dragged on. So would i recommend it? Most likely not, but if you got nothing to do, sit down and watch it, you might enjoy it.
  7. Jan 17, 2014
    This movie is a guilty pleasure to me, that's why it isn't rated lower, but sadly Jeremy Renner is wasted once again, the witches look awful, and the acting is even worse, still you might wanna check it out if you're drunk.
  8. Jan 2, 2014
    Don't trust the reviews that movies is just Great!Trust your gut and enjoy the movie.Movie have everything you want good acting,good actions,great sense of humor,great fun
  9. Dec 31, 2013
    Um dos piores filmes do ano, a história, os efeitos visuais e seus personagens são irritantes, ainda nem sei o motivo que me fez assistir essa bomba do cinema.
  10. Nov 6, 2013
    Nothing special, just a clear example of the lack of originality and a great way to ruin a classic story. This movie offers you approximately 90 minutes of intense violence without sense. I waste my money.
  11. Nov 1, 2013
    This movie was awesome. Great action and a good amount of gore. This movie is definitely better than its other competitors (Snow White and the Huntsman and Jack the Giant Slayer). I guess its because the makers of the movie decided to let the R Rating be. I loved it. One of my favorite action-horror movies. IGNORE THE CRITIC REVIEWS.
  12. Oct 12, 2013
    This is a good movie to watch during the Halloween season. Hansel and Gretel vs the Witches make for some good action scenes.I loved how they got a bit bloody with this movie, and didn`t feel the need to keep it to clean. I was actually surprised that they went that route.This is a movie full of fun the whole way through, you will not find a bathroom break in it lol
  13. Sep 8, 2013
    I think the critics have scored this film very unfairly. This is one of those films that is so bad that it's good. If you take it for what I perceive it to be which is tongue in cheek, full of cheese and prepared to laugh at itself then you'll enjoy it. If you watch it looking for a serious film then you will be very disappointed. I would watch another one.
  14. Aug 27, 2013
    From the surreal imagination of Tommy Wirkola, the director of Dead Snow, Norway's answer to the Evil Dead, comes this unconventional and fun re imagining of the Brothers Grimm tale of Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel (Gemma Arterton). The film follows Hansel and Gretel as they are cruelly abandoned by their parents and taught a valuable lesson about trust by an evil witch. This gives them the strength to continue and take up the mantle of Witch Hunters. The film actually takes place years after the events of their childhood but this is still an origins story for these two characters. Renner's version of Hansel is quick witted, relentless and a born leader while Arterton's Gretel is vicious, warm and occasionally stupid as hell. The film does a decent job of depicting these characters as the crafty children who tricked and killed their first witch. However the film also tries to flesh Hansel and Gretel out with predictable backstory that is told one movie trope at a time. The film is pretty generic, its fairly slow and doesn't do a good job of keeping your attention and worst of all the films lead villain as played by Famke Janssen is awful and in the brief time she has been out of the limelight she has somehow forgotten how to act.. That being said, it is a funny feature, with Wirkola's signature dark and goofy humour shining through the films many problems and the unsettling feeling of mediocrity, making the film an oddly fun experience, not a perfect one, not a great one even but a fairly decent start to a franchise I can see getting better with age. Expand
  15. Aug 18, 2013
    It's unfair to call it "bad" as it never intended to be "good" in the first place. It's a spoof-ish movie, and it does the job quite well. The violence was hilarious and everything else was over-the-top as it should be. I have to say I quite enjoyed this one.
  16. Aug 18, 2013
    Waited a long time before watching this movie, because of the low reviews. And again, it shows that you should never follow critics when it comes to movies. This movie is exactly what it was meant to be. It's not pretending to be something else. It's an over the top movie with lots of gore, cheesy one-liners and nice effects. As stated in other user reviews, it's fun, plain and simple. Having said that, the dialogue could certainly be better. The one-liners aren't really funny most of the time. Better writing with more clever and witty dialogues would have made this movie seem less shallow. Overall, i really enjoyed it for what it is. Another downside is that i'll probably have a crush on Gemma Arterton for the next few weeks Expand
  17. Aug 12, 2013
    While this film is far from brilliant it is allot of fun and takes a pretty amusing turn on a classic fairytale. I can understand why the more critical would score this so low, but for sheer mindless fun, it does it's job.

Overall:
    As long as you go into it with no expectations and turn your mind off, you will enjoy it.
  18. Jul 29, 2013
    I don't like Renner. His acting is always awful. This film is very predictable, I can always tell what will happen next. Too much blood and gore, leave those kind of things to Tarantino.
  19. Jul 25, 2013
    Hansel and Gretel offers a taste of the movie this zany premise could produce. Gemma Arterton sizzles as Gretel and Renner is valiant enough, but director Tommy Wirkola thinks he's making a serious movie, when he should be showing us Robert Rodgriguez-esque Grindhouse matireal.
  20. Jul 23, 2013
    Hansel and Gretel is one of the most entertaining movie in 2013. Is nothing of special, but I think that is awesome just because is the really "vision" of the novel that becomes the "novel-that-not-to-be-told" to a child, 'cause is really scary in some ways. My vote is 6/10.
  21. Jul 19, 2013
    I'm a fan of the idea of taking classic fairy tales and making them into more goofy and violent territory and this movie does just that. The movie isn't trying to be the smartest thing out there, it's just trying to be a violent, fun time and it succeeds at doing so. It's got gory action that's over the top, cheesy lines, and a heck of a lot of fun backing it up. So if you're in the mood to just watch a straight up over the top movie with a fairy tale theme then check out this one. You may just end up surprised at how much fun you had with it. Expand
  22. Jul 12, 2013
    fun movie

thanks to FX 'cause the scenario is likes crap
    I did not like it at all, hopefully I did not pay for it
    after 10 minutes you understand how the movie ending
  23. Jul 8, 2013
    Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters was actually worse than I thought it would be going in, and that's saying something considering that I didn't have high hopes for the film. I at least expected it to have a more interesting story. The acting was decent and Gemma Arterton is absolutely breathtaking but almost everything else about the movie was sub par. The plot, while it developed fairly well, was far too predictable, the dialogue was a mess, the gore factor felt overdone, and the action sequences were borderline laughable. The movie is pretty short and is entertaining enough, I suppose, to keep you from tuning out but just barely. Expand
  24. Jul 5, 2013
    i watched this movie with my fiends and was really disappointed ...its got a poor script and doesn't really make sense at all..
    They've got EXTREMELY powerful modern weapons,but no electricity!!!!
  25. Jul 2, 2013
    I was really perplexed by the end of this movie. Should I forgive it's very crazy assumptions and engage myself into the lore or should I step back and shun this movie for trying to appease a simple audience. In the end I remained stuck in the middle. The action was great but the story was way to liberal on the gadgets that just happened to do exactly what they needed to do. The acting was good but when the script is bad, it really can't fix it that much. Expand
  26. Jun 28, 2013
    This was one of the best bad movies that I've seen lately--and that's saying something. Witch Hunters was more entertaining than I expected, given the high level of cheese. Good hangover flick: the less thinking, the better.
  27. Jun 17, 2013
    I really don't know why this movie got so low critics and bad reviews, why all the hate, chill! I am here to resolve everything. This movie is perfect and terrible at the same time, it isn't really good nor terrible it is just a horror/thriller/comedy/action movie that wants your attention and give you a good time.
  28. Jun 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I do not get it! Why so low marks? I loved it! Funniest movie in a long time. It was funny, exciting, adventures, epic and has a great classic story to it with a twist .The parts that I like most in the movie is when the witches get their ass kicked in by the witch hunters I think that witches and witch hunters are going to be the next big thing, so good bye vampires and werewolves and hello witches.
    But there are some disadvantages of the movie, like it was short and parts of the movie got boring for me but overall it was a good movie.
  29. Jun 11, 2013
    The story is pretty bad, but the visuals led by the makeup and costumes barely keep it out of the red. Overall you don't really need to waste your time with this film.
  30. Jun 9, 2013
    This movie was really good in my opinion. I never read the books or anything but the movie was great. It shows a bit of backstory of Hansel and Gretel when they were kids. And then the story takes off, fast paced action and story progression. The characters were great and felt very powerful but vulnerable too. I just liked the overall style and presentation of the movie. It has a story book feel with some extra kick. so its not PGish and more dark fantasy. The big bad boss was pretty well done. It had the feel of evil and corruption that was presented. Each and every scene was pretty good, and I felt it progress nicely without any unnecessary scenes. But of course, there are some questions to be asked. I would give it a higher score, but i feel there can be some improvements. The scene with the machine gun mowing down the witches was kinda disappointing. There were barely any scratches on the main characters and the witches with all their superpowers were like cattle. Also the last battle with the witch, was a bit disappointing as well. The same witch that made blood boil and tear humans limbs off with a snap of the finger, couldn't lay a good shot on either one of the main characters. What if the witch gets taken down but not out and then retreats to plot again. But i guess it had to come to an end unfortunately. I just felt it was too soon and a bit too easy. If each characters had their own plot as well, the movie would also be more interesting. So they gave up their witch hunting ways and got accepted into society... Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Mar 2, 2013
    This movie is a case in point. It's a film which is so demeaningly bad, so utterly without merit, that there is a kind of purity in its awfulness. There is a Zen mastery in producing a film which nullifies the concept of pleasure.
  2. Reviewed by: Josh Winning
    Feb 9, 2013
    Though it gives good splat and the scenery’s to die for, Hansel & Gretel gets just about everything wrong. Hammy, boring, chronically unfunny - there’ll be nightmares before bedtime.
  3. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Jan 30, 2013
    In his English-language debut, Wirkola dabbles in everything but commits to nothing, making for an unmemorable brew best left untasted.