5.7

1. Jan 25, 2013
    Not sure why this is getting such low reviews. It's a FUN movie, plain and simple. Just sit back and enjoy the cheesy one-liners and watching people get blown up. No, it's not a 10, but I gave it one to counter the unnecessarily low rating.

Oh, and, this is coming from someone who thought that Zero Dark Thirty and The Master were two of the best movies of last year.
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    The movie is awesome, fun, funny, gory, good story, a little short though. The only reason why I gave it a 9 it's because it should have been slightly longer. Loved the costumes and sets. The candy house was great. The witches were great. The actors were where they needed to be. The critics who gave poor reviews are retards, the trailer was very clear in showing what to expect, it's a fast paced action packed dark fairytale for adults. Collapse
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    I also don't understand why so many low reviews. This was a really fun movie to watch! It was not sloppy like people are saying. It was very coherent. Again, it was a ton of FUN. The key word is fun. Give it a try. I hope it does well enough for a 2nd installment.
  4. Jan 28, 2013
    It's almost charming, it's almost funny, and the action is almost exciting. Nothing flows, the writing is poor and it's essentially brain-dead fare. A waste of a handful of pretty solid actors - and it's no wonder that Paramount and MGM chose to share this risk of this sucker. It's too bad that McKay & Ferrell didn't get more involved in the making of this film - it could have used some punching up. Expand
  5. Jan 25, 2013
    This was a fun movie and was different and action packed from start to finish. It is a short movie and the audience seemed to like it also as I randomly ask people what they thought about the movie. All responses I got were good. You want to see a bad bad movie go watch Zero Dark Thirty. I was falling asleep which I have never done before. Give President Obama and our military a 10 for getting Bin Laden. The popcorn was good, but Zero Dark Thirty stunk like sh*t. 2 thumbs up for Hansel & Gretal. Expand
  6. Jan 25, 2013
    Why Jeremy? Why!? First Bourne Legacy and now this piece of crap. You're Better than that!
  7. Jan 26, 2013
    Rock 'em, sock 'em fun time. I laughed at least 10 times (so much ridiculous stuff), saw some sweet witch kills, got to stare at Gemma Arterton, and most importantly, I had a ton of fun. This movie is a blast and everyone who likes to have fun should see it.
  8. Jan 26, 2013
    This movie is an updated modern telling of the wicked witch story with a depth to the story that is at first hidden by the killer action sequences. I loved the light fast paced style and likeable stars. Ultimately, the point of the story is that killing witches is fun for so many reasons, and that every witch story doesn't have to be a takeoff on The Wizard of Oz to be meaningful. For me, the breakthrough this movie makes is to take an entirely fun path toward de-sympathizing wishes. Gone is the story that all witches are misunderstood weirdos who deserve to live. Instead, here is a clear cut evil that has to be destroyed, and unlike zombies and vampires who have also been sentimentalized, this movie hopefully introduces a new trend of kicking evil in the ass. Expand
  9. Jan 25, 2013
    Very fast-paced, lots of action, not much dialogues, awesome battle scenes, memorable characters. Firearms and gadgets that make a different feel than just a nightmarish fairytale. Hopefully the ending meant that there will be a continuation. P.S. No idea why the score is so low.
  10. Jan 26, 2013
    Great mindless CGI movie that's fun to watch. Only three complaints: I didn't care for the stupid humor that was the sole purpose of a minor character and I really hate action sequences that are shot in close and fast with a handheld camera. The choppy editing was also extremely annoying; otherwise I would have given this popcorn movie a 9 or 10.
  11. Jan 28, 2013
    Storyline: This is the story of Hansal and Gretel but this is the adult horror version. Hansal (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel (Gemma Arterton) are now famous witch hunters and travel the ancient lands fighting witches in all their guises. This is not a film you take too seriously and all though there's loads of blood and guts there are funny moments too.

Acting: Famke Janssen, who I enjoy
    in movies, plays the main evil witch and with the make-up is brilliant. She looked as if she enjoyed herself. Jeremy Renner was not bad either but of the two Gemma Arterton gave the better performance. I loved Peter Stormare as the sheriff, he must be busy as I just saw him in The Last Stand a few days ago. Overall I really enjoyed everyone in this.

Direction: This is Tommy Wirkola's first English speaking movie and the first time he's had a big budget. The film doesn't exactly suffer for it but you can't help feeling the problems I noticed with the pacing and how the timing in certain scenes is out when the actors are interacting with one another might not have occurred in someone else's hands.

Production: $60 million is a fair budget and mostly it was well spent like the make up, CG and of course the actors but the set designs were too generic and had no touches that lent to authenticity. I loved all the gadgets they used and thought they helped make the story a bit more exciting. Also the CG guys were great too.

Conclusion: I enjoy these types of film and liked the cast too. The effects weren't the best I've seen but were acceptable and the blood and gut effects were great and there's loads of them. Recommended

Score: 7/10
  12. Jan 28, 2013
    What is wrong with you people? This movie is a fun, re imagining of the hansel and gretel story. You should definitely buy this and see it in theaters. The story is good with no plot holes. The characters are good, none of them are bland. The Special effect are good especially when i tell you that most of the special effects in that movie were practical. The 3D is better than most movies you will see in 3D, mostly because there is alot of it. The art style is great, Their weapons are most definitely bad ass. the Villains of this movie are cool. There is a lot of variation between the witches so they don't all look the same, but you will hate this one short haired **** witch. The sound track is awesome. The dialogue is great, with alot of emotion put in this movie. All in all this is an awesome fun action movie that's worth a look. Now if you excuse me, me and my high caliber rifle, need to go kill some witches Expand
  13. Jan 29, 2013
    Really bad movie. Loud, flashy but lacks substance. Really no way to enjoy it if you weren't a fan of the cast. Totally wouldn't reconment watching it.
  14. Jan 31, 2013
    hahaha, I loved it! Funniest movie in a long time.
    I wish this director could team up with people like Jonah Hill! Renner does not fit for this kind of movies
    10!
  15. Jan 26, 2013
    Going into this movie i knew exactly what to expect and i was right. its a fun movie but not a good one.. Its loud and dumb but it doesnt try to be anything else. the effects were kinda cool but nothing we havent seen before. overall i had fun but i would never watch it again, once through was plenty
  16. Jul 19, 2013
    I'm a fan of the idea of taking classic fairy tales and making them into more goofy and violent territory and this movie does just that. The movie isn't trying to be the smartest thing out there, it's just trying to be a violent, fun time and it succeeds at doing so. It's got gory action that's over the top, cheesy lines, and a heck of a lot of fun backing it up. So if you're in the mood to just watch a straight up over the top movie with a fairy tale theme then check out this one. You may just end up surprised at how much fun you had with it. Expand
  17. Jan 28, 2013
    No matter how low or high they may be, we all have expectations each time we go see a movie. We are satisfied if they are met and pleasantly surprised if they are exceeded. But when expectations are not met, we become disappointed and sometimes borderline pissed off, and that is how I felt after seeing Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters. My mindset going in was to not expect too much, but it could at least be fun and somewhat entertaining. Well I was wrong. The ridiculous story should already be known before you walk in to the theatre. Yet no one could have known how empty Hansel & Gretel is with the lack of suspense, intelligence, and overall interest in what is going on. I cannot even tell you how bad I feel for those who spent even more money to see it in 3D. It almost brings a tear to my eye.

The story of Hansel and Gretel is well-known by most people. A brother and sister are abandoned in the woods and left all alone until they encounter a house made out of candy. Who wouldn
  18. Feb 1, 2013
    I thing I hated this movie because it holds the idea of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D, which is so unbelievably Stupid this one differs nothing except that the thing made me change the ZERO into THREE..That the actors fit right in, they rocked! The movie SUCKED!
  19. Feb 3, 2013
    The idea of having a movie made in this day and age about a classic fairytale is just not a good idea. I am pretty sick of movies like this, I understand it may be fun, but is it forgettable? In my opinion yes.
  20. Feb 6, 2013
    hansle and gretle are horrible witch hunters only garfiled can be a witch hunter 0/10000 DONT BOTHER WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  21. May 19, 2013
    Cool weapons, many blood, and whol movie is full of action. I really recomend this movie to everyone because it's SOOOO FUN TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!WATCH IT NOW!
  22. May 1, 2013
    From gore, to guts, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters sure did live up to the title. The title is what sold the story. If you are the type of viewer who can handle an abundance of gory awesomeness, then I really recommend this film. If you are the type of viewer who loves the twists on classic fairy tales, then I also recommend this film. Most critics are being disgruntle these days, and definitely did not give this film the correct rating in my opinion, but who am I to talk. Word to wise.. This film didn't become a box-office sensation for no reason. The film earned it's spot rightfully. I recommend this film a billion times. I am not a big movie person, and hardly watch films, but I saw this film twice in theaters. It was just that amazing. Soon, this film will be available on DVD and BluRay for consumers to purchase. When it is released, RENT, or PURCHASE. The film will not have you sleeping, but on your toes, waiting for the next battle scene. Happy Watchings! -Jake Expand
  23. Jul 29, 2013
    I don't like Renner. His acting is always awful. This film is very predictable, I can always tell what will happen next. Too much blood and gore, leave those kind of things to Tarantino.
  24. Mar 14, 2013
    Surprised to see such a low score from the critics.... this is no kiddie movie, but the "updated" story pulled me in and I really enjoyed it. I have always wondered what happened to the little kiddies of the kiddie story of old, now we know, in a very bloody and violent, however very entertaining way.
    Looking forward to more "updated" stories of kiddie stories, next Jack the Giant Slayer
  25. Jun 4, 2013
    "A Timeless classic gets well..butchered. The idea for Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters is somewhat mildly clever and does it best, its just boring, childish and well dumb. It was an idea that probably sounded good on paper, it should have stayed that way." D-
  26. Aug 18, 2013
    Waited a long time before watching this movie, because of the low reviews. And again, it shows that you should never follow critics when it comes to movies. This movie is exactly what it was meant to be. It's not pretending to be something else. It's an over the top movie with lots of gore, cheesy one-liners and nice effects. As stated in other user reviews, it's fun, plain and simple. Having said that, the dialogue could certainly be better. The one-liners aren't really funny most of the time. Better writing with more clever and witty dialogues would have made this movie seem less shallow. Overall, i really enjoyed it for what it is. Another downside is that i'll probably have a crush on Gemma Arterton for the next few weeks Expand
  27. Jan 25, 2013
    I think that Witch Hunters will be very bad film. But when I watch this film in the cinema, I changed my opinion about this. Hansel & Gretel is very cheerful, interesting, but not ideal. It has many problems. But superior advantages disadvantages. And this is enough, that film to be liked.
  28. May 26, 2013
    If you ignore the reviews you may find this film a really enjoyable way to spend an hour and a half. The 2 leads are obviously having a lot of fun and are very easy on the eye. The story thunders along, granted in a somewhat predictable and formulaic manner, with lots of great set pieces and some good comedy lines. The steampunk weapons and fights are really exciting. The only downside for me was that it's a little too gory at times, particularly when children are involved. Other than that this is brilliant popcorn fun. I'm glad to hear they're doing a sequel. Expand
  29. Jan 2, 2014
    Don't trust the reviews that movies is just Great!Trust your gut and enjoy the movie.Movie have everything you want good acting,good actions,great sense of humor,great fun
  30. Aug 27, 2013
    From the surreal imagination of Tommy Wirkola, the director of Dead Snow, Norway's answer to the Evil Dead, comes this unconventional and fun re imagining of the Brothers Grimm tale of Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel (Gemma Arterton). The film follows Hansel and Gretel as they are cruelly abandoned by their parents and taught a valuable lesson about trust by an evil witch. This gives them the strength to continue and take up the mantle of Witch Hunters. The film actually takes place years after the events of their childhood but this is still an origins story for these two characters. Renner's version of Hansel is quick witted, relentless and a born leader while Arterton's Gretel is vicious, warm and occasionally stupid as hell. The film does a decent job of depicting these characters as the crafty children who tricked and killed their first witch. However the film also tries to flesh Hansel and Gretel out with predictable backstory that is told one movie trope at a time. The film is pretty generic, its fairly slow and doesn't do a good job of keeping your attention and worst of all the films lead villain as played by Famke Janssen is awful and in the brief time she has been out of the limelight she has somehow forgotten how to act.. That being said, it is a funny feature, with Wirkola's signature dark and goofy humour shining through the films many problems and the unsettling feeling of mediocrity, making the film an oddly fun experience, not a perfect one, not a great one even but a fairly decent start to a franchise I can see getting better with age. Expand
  31. May 28, 2013
    Critics calling this movie brain dead, should check their own brains. What were they expecting, a sophisticated drama? This movie delivers on what it promised, lots of action, witch slaying with some pretty creative weapons and gadgets. Sometimes you just need to sit back, chill out and suspend your believe for a moment, and just enjoy the bloody movie. As for the f-bombs, if overused it does become old, I must admit. Expand
  32. Mar 15, 2013
    Silly, violent and ridiculously great fun! Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters stays true to its title in the best possible way and really brings in the witch fighting awesomeness. With plenty of humour and bloody violence, this film is definitely one of the most fun 3D films in a while and will be enjoyed by fans of horror, fantasy and comedy alike.
  33. Jun 5, 2013
    Ridicilous, fairy tale based action film akin to Sleepy Hollow is fun in spots but feels low budget. A good thing that the film makers (and the casts) knew what they are making, and tried to have as much fun as possible. Nevertheless, it's a wonder how this became a box office hit as it is.
  34. Jan 28, 2013
    Yes, Jeremy Renner can make crappy movie too. But if you come because Gemma Artenton's cleavage, as in the poster suggests, the movie will keep you quite entertained. The most notable flaw is the uncertain direction it's supposed to take, frankly it's hinged between tasteless horror action or misguided parody, like a broom between a witch's crack, neither is done that well. Also, the concept of gritty version of fairy tale characters as mercenaries is a blatant excuse of luring audiences hooked on fantasy theme, but ultimately ends up delivering little to none pleasure, even the guilty one. Okay, maybe the guilty one.

Hansel and Gretel are big kids now, traumatized and vengeful towards witches
  35. Jul 8, 2013
    Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters was actually worse than I thought it would be going in, and that's saying something considering that I didn't have high hopes for the film. I at least expected it to have a more interesting story. The acting was decent and Gemma Arterton is absolutely breathtaking but almost everything else about the movie was sub par. The plot, while it developed fairly well, was far too predictable, the dialogue was a mess, the gore factor felt overdone, and the action sequences were borderline laughable. The movie is pretty short and is entertaining enough, I suppose, to keep you from tuning out but just barely. Expand
  36. May 28, 2013
    Honestly, It's just a very stupid movie that is well deserving of it's low Metacritic score. I am honestly shocked that the film has gotten a single positive review. Proves how reliable your taste in films are when you give this piece of trash a good review.
  37. May 8, 2013
    Because of no expectations, I actually enjoyed this movie quite a lot. It is a fun movie. It is by no means exceptional in any way but it serves its purpose, to offer enjoyment.
    I would compare it to funnier Van Helsing with lower budget.
  38. May 5, 2013
    The movie is more disgusting, foul and harder to look at then a piece of crap. Its so bad that the stupidity becomes hilarious after awhile. 20 minutes into the film I didn't care and frankly didn't know what the hell was going on.
  39. Jun 28, 2013
    This was one of the best bad movies that I've seen lately--and that's saying something. Witch Hunters was more entertaining than I expected, given the high level of cheese. Good hangover flick: the less thinking, the better.
  40. Feb 16, 2013
    so... i just saw this, and it is, along with gangster squad, the most criminally underrated film of the year thus far, it is a real treat to watch in 3d, the action is badass and entertaining, the characters are well developed and unique, there are some genuinely funny moments, and all the cast (even peter stormare) does a fine job, if you love action movies, i cannot emphasize this enough: WATCH THIS MOVIE... ESPECIALLY IN 3D Expand
  41. Mar 4, 2013
    After all this movie wasn't that bad. It was funny, had lots of blood and gore and an awesome soundtrack by Hans Zimmer which you recognized immediately if you watched Sherlock Holmes by Guy Richie. Sure it wasn't very deep but for a nice evening with friends at the cinema Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters was pretty decent.

But expect nothing well-written or something that will stay in
    your mind for a long time. It is a one-time-thing. Not bad but not good either. Expand
  42. Feb 5, 2013
    If there’s a children’s story that should never be a children’s story, it’s probably Hansel Gretel. Taken away from their family and tortured by a witch in her candy-coated house, the two kids face an almost certain death but manage to work together to burn the witch alive. Now, that may not sound like the best kid’s book, but it definitely sounds like it could work as an R-rated horror comedy, especially one from Tommy Wirkola, the guy behind Nazi zombies in Dead Snow. Throw in people like Peter Stormare who love to ham it up in their roles, an action star like Jeremy Renner, Prince of Persia’s Gemma Arterton, and you’d think there would be no doubt this film would be tons of stupid fun. Well, instead of watching the two kids raise some hell on a group of witches, I felt like Hansel: being stuffed with pointless eye-candy until I could break free and burn this train-wreck of a film from my memory. Read the rest of the review at http://independentcinema.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/hansel-and-gretel-witch-hunters-is-a-mindless-action-comedy-without-the-fun-that-entails/ Expand
  43. Jul 25, 2013
    Hansel and Gretel offers a taste of the movie this zany premise could produce. Gemma Arterton sizzles as Gretel and Renner is valiant enough, but director Tommy Wirkola thinks he's making a serious movie, when he should be showing us Robert Rodgriguez-esque Grindhouse matireal.
  44. Dec 31, 2013
    Um dos piores filmes do ano, a história, os efeitos visuais e seus personagens são irritantes, ainda nem sei o motivo que me fez assistir essa bomba do cinema.
  45. Jan 26, 2013
    My eyes! My eyes! Oh the humanity! I'll never be able to unsee the horror I've just been witness to. Yes some people in the theater enjoyed the movie, but they also wear helmets in public and are otherwise mouthbreathers. I'm not sure what Hollywood was shooting for with this movie, I just wonder if they are happy with this effort. Sometimes I wish they would just admit defeat and not release a movie like this. I won't bother to itemize the flaws of the film as well...everything was bad. Expand
  46. Oct 12, 2013
    This is a good movie to watch during the Halloween season. Hansel and Gretel vs the Witches make for some good action scenes.I loved how they got a bit bloody with this movie, and didn`t feel the need to keep it to clean. I was actually surprised that they went that route.This is a movie full of fun the whole way through, you will not find a bathroom break in it lol
  47. Aug 12, 2013
    While this film is far from brilliant it is allot of fun and takes a pretty amusing turn on a classic fairytale. I can understand why the more critical would score this so low, but for sheer mindless fun, it does it's job.

Overall:
    As long as you go into it with no expectations and turn your mind off, you will enjoy it.
  48. Feb 19, 2013
    A nice pleasant surprise here as this was much better than I was expecting. Corny, perhaps, but there was certainly enough action gore to make up for it. Both of our leads were likable and played their roles, as did the villains. It was so refreshing not to see the film under so much CGI like a lot of recent Horror films, and there was a nice amount of stunt work involved! Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it, and while slightly predictable, it's too fun and enjoyable not to like! Expand
  49. Apr 21, 2014
    A contemporary, somewhat steam-punk take on the classic fairytale, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters tries to utilise the popular idea of 'what happens after the story ends'. The whole ensemble is a camp, yet entertaining film, which is similar to 2004's Van Helsing. The performances are mediocre to satisfactory at best, with a poor script and short run-time limiting the cast to cardboard acting. Overall, it's style over substance, but it somewhat embraces it, with a satire-like flair. The film doesn't take itself too seriously, and is a perfect example of a 'popcorn flick', perfect for a night in. Expand
  50. May 17, 2013
    excise and unnecessary use of foul language that subtracts from the presentation
    obscene amount of blood violence and gore
    terrible story line
    the whole movie is a chain of boring CGI action scenes

with that said I like violence and strong language when it is used properly and not put into every line for reasons unknown like in this picture
  51. Mar 2, 2013
    Not sure how anyone who gives this movie a zero can expect anyone to take them serious on any thing they say. If you rate this a zero then what do you rate Freddy Got Fingered? Movie 42? Get serious. This is an enjoyable movie. It was exactly as the trailers portrayed it to be. If you went there and didn't like it then the fault lies with you. I hated Los Miserables. My wife loved it. It won Oscars. Hardest movie I ever had to sit through. I would say the poor ratings given this film are by people who don't enjoy fantasy movies. Expand
  52. Jun 9, 2013
    This movie was really good in my opinion. I never read the books or anything but the movie was great. It shows a bit of backstory of Hansel and Gretel when they were kids. And then the story takes off, fast paced action and story progression. The characters were great and felt very powerful but vulnerable too. I just liked the overall style and presentation of the movie. It has a story book feel with some extra kick. so its not PGish and more dark fantasy. The big bad boss was pretty well done. It had the feel of evil and corruption that was presented. Each and every scene was pretty good, and I felt it progress nicely without any unnecessary scenes. But of course, there are some questions to be asked. I would give it a higher score, but i feel there can be some improvements. The scene with the machine gun mowing down the witches was kinda disappointing. There were barely any scratches on the main characters and the witches with all their superpowers were like cattle. Also the last battle with the witch, was a bit disappointing as well. The same witch that made blood boil and tear humans limbs off with a snap of the finger, couldn't lay a good shot on either one of the main characters. What if the witch gets taken down but not out and then retreats to plot again. But i guess it had to come to an end unfortunately. I just felt it was too soon and a bit too easy. If each characters had their own plot as well, the movie would also be more interesting. So they gave up their witch hunting ways and got accepted into society... Expand
  53. Feb 9, 2013
    Great movie! Awesome 3D effects. The story line wasn't the greatest. But I didn't get bored and has action and great special effects.To me that make up for the OK acting and Teenage plot line.
  54. Feb 16, 2013
    This is called a Movie. An actual, splatterfest with so much gore you will end up laughing. Hansel and Gretel Witch hunters is a GREAT movie, it's really good because all we see today is critically acclaimed movies like Argo and Flight. I mean those movies were great but this is real entertainment. It's just a entertaining movie. The witches idea was well compelled by the director Tommy Wirkola, so this movie is basically Shaun Of The Dead with Fancy Guns with Hunters and With Witches. It's is a real movie. If critics could have examined it closely......... Well 10/10 for me! Splatterfest ahoy! Expand
  55. Mar 5, 2013
    The worst movie I´ve ever seen, characters with no soul, this film is an insult for the original Tale, When I saw the promo I thought are you serious? Guns and shotguns? since the first time I knew this was going to be crap, even the witches are boring and dull they cant even scare a kitten
  56. Jun 11, 2013
    The story is pretty bad, but the visuals led by the makeup and costumes barely keep it out of the red. Overall you don't really need to waste your time with this film.
  57. Mar 24, 2013
    This is what i hate about the begin of a new year in film, hollywood comes up with these idiotic rip-offs. I have had enough with all these ridiculous fairy tale/horror rip-offs like "Jack the Giant Slayer" and "Texas Chainshaw 3D". It's just another useless, terrible popcorn movie.
  58. Mar 22, 2014
    best Movie ever made after Movies like evil dead gore an blood some funny elements in it to you have be a person that really like good old fantasy gore great from the begining too the end hej då

its getting bad score from the persons that have lost they fantasy that persons should stop Reviews Movie like this. look forward to the second Movie
  59. May 19, 2013
    The 1,5 hour movie which immerse film-goer into adapted atmosphere of medieval folklore. Creators make emphasis not on horror of fable monsters but on epicness of modern-thriller-like fight scenes. It's important to note the superb cinematography. But computer-generated imagery is inferior actually. That's really good to show in cinemas.
  60. Nov 1, 2013
    This movie was awesome. Great action and a good amount of gore. This movie is definitely better than its other competitors (Snow White and the Huntsman and Jack the Giant Slayer). I guess its because the makers of the movie decided to let the R Rating be. I loved it. One of my favorite action-horror movies. IGNORE THE CRITIC REVIEWS.
  61. Jun 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I do not get it! Why so low marks? I loved it! Funniest movie in a long time. It was funny, exciting, adventures, epic and has a great classic story to it with a twist .The parts that I like most in the movie is when the witches get their ass kicked in by the witch hunters I think that witches and witch hunters are going to be the next big thing, so good bye vampires and werewolves and hello witches.
    But there are some disadvantages of the movie, like it was short and parts of the movie got boring for me but overall it was a good movie.
  62. Jun 17, 2013
    I really don't know why this movie got so low critics and bad reviews, why all the hate, chill! I am here to resolve everything. This movie is perfect and terrible at the same time, it isn't really good nor terrible it is just a horror/thriller/comedy/action movie that wants your attention and give you a good time.
  63. Jul 2, 2013
    I was really perplexed by the end of this movie. Should I forgive it's very crazy assumptions and engage myself into the lore or should I step back and shun this movie for trying to appease a simple audience. In the end I remained stuck in the middle. The action was great but the story was way to liberal on the gadgets that just happened to do exactly what they needed to do. The acting was good but when the script is bad, it really can't fix it that much. Expand
  64. Nov 6, 2013
    Nothing special, just a clear example of the lack of originality and a great way to ruin a classic story. This movie offers you approximately 90 minutes of intense violence without sense. I waste my money.
  65. Jul 5, 2013
    i watched this movie with my fiends and was really disappointed ...its got a poor script and doesn't really make sense at all..
    They've got EXTREMELY powerful modern weapons,but no electricity!!!!
  66. Jul 12, 2013
    fun movie

thanks to FX 'cause the scenario is likes crap
    I did not like it at all, hopefully I did not pay for it
    after 10 minutes you understand how the movie ending
  67. Jul 23, 2013
    Hansel and Gretel is one of the most entertaining movie in 2013. Is nothing of special, but I think that is awesome just because is the really "vision" of the novel that becomes the "novel-that-not-to-be-told" to a child, 'cause is really scary in some ways. My vote is 6/10.
  68. May 25, 2014
    Well i knew that when i was going to watch this movie is wasn't going to be anything special and i was right. Rather then taking the story serious i took it as a joke and that's what it should be taken as. thought the film tries to make itself seem serious i watch it and laugh. The action was cool with a couple great death scenes. Jeremy Renner, Gemma Arterton do a good job that was one thing about this is that they didn't completely suck Famke Janssen on the other hand though was just sad.

Overall i give it a 6.0 Gemma Arterton was the main reason why i watched this film and ill most likely re-watch at least one more time
  69. Aug 18, 2013
    It's unfair to call it "bad" as it never intended to be "good" in the first place. It's a spoof-ish movie, and it does the job quite well. The violence was hilarious and everything else was over-the-top as it should be. I have to say I quite enjoyed this one.
  70. Sep 8, 2013
    I think the critics have scored this film very unfairly. This is one of those films that is so bad that it's good. If you take it for what I perceive it to be which is tongue in cheek, full of cheese and prepared to laugh at itself then you'll enjoy it. If you watch it looking for a serious film then you will be very disappointed. I would watch another one.
  71. Jan 17, 2014
    This movie is a guilty pleasure to me, that's why it isn't rated lower, but sadly Jeremy Renner is wasted once again, the witches look awful, and the acting is even worse, still you might wanna check it out if you're drunk.
  72. Jan 25, 2014
    This movie was alright. I feel it could have been made a little more intriguing than what it was. The acting was good, but there wasn't as much action as I had initially intended. Not only that, but I felt that the movie dragged on. So would i recommend it? Most likely not, but if you got nothing to do, sit down and watch it, you might enjoy it.
  73. Aug 17, 2014
    If you're expecting some kind of masterpiece film of a re working of the fairy tale Hansel and Gretel then this isnt the film for you. Essentially this is just a mindless action movie and thats not necessary a bad thing.
    For fans of action movies then this will be great for your collection, if you like more subsentence then i recommend you stay away

Im surprised how gory this film is,
    for some reason i assumed it was aimed toward early teens, its not, there is a lot of blood and cuts.

I cant help feeling that this film could have been something more if only more time was put into story and character back stories. Some of the fighting seens i thought were pretty well done but theres something to say when the film is over and i cant even remember any characters name (minus hansel and gretel)
    I also never felt any bond between Gemma and Jermeny, their acting was at times very wooden. Famkie on the other hand gave a great performance.

If you like action movies then this will be great for your collection, if you like more subsentence then i recommend you stay away
  74. Mar 2, 2014
    It was okay I was actually quite disappointed when I saw it the first time because I was really expecting more from this. It just simply didn't live up to my standards.
  75. Apr 10, 2014
    “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” is yet another failed attempt to convert a child’s tale into an adult-oriented action movie. Following in the footsteps of such films as “Red Riding Hood” and “Snow White and the Huntsman,” the movie completely misses the mark.
    Filled with modern humor and lingo, “Hansel & Gretel” completely breaks the illusion of taking place in what the environment
    suggests is the Middle Ages. If this wasn’t enough, the two are fully equipment with a high-tech, witch-hunting arsenal (including, of course, a Gatling gun).
    Overall, I would rate the movie as a low F.
  76. Jul 28, 2014
    Aksiyon filmi böyle olur dedirtiyor, birkaç dakika olsun tempo düşmüyor, çok ciddiye almadan zevkle izlenebilir eğlencelik film. Hikaye veya masal çok daha iyi çekilebilirdi diye insan düşünmeden edemiyor.
  77. Aug 10, 2014
    Why does this film get low reviews? It is such an entertaining movie which takes itself not serious. It was one the most entertaining films i have seen so far. Overall the humor works well, the characters are entertaining and the fight scenes are great.
  78. Aug 27, 2014
    This movie was okay. It had its moments but most the movie was dull and boring.
    ______________________________________________________________________
  79. Aug 24, 2014
    Glad I didn't listen to any of the idiots on here!! I would have missed a great movie with awesome fight scenes!! Would make a great video game!! Had a real good time with this movie!!
  80. Sep 9, 2014
    "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" is an unbelievably bad movie. I knew I was getting in to something that was intentionally cheesy and over-the-top, but it's neither cheesy enough to be so bad it's good nor serious enough to be a mildly entertaining action-fantasy flick at best. Everything is awful about this film: the atrocious acting, the boring action scenes, and the generic plot. This should have been a made-for-television movie at best. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Mar 2, 2013
    This movie is a case in point. It's a film which is so demeaningly bad, so utterly without merit, that there is a kind of purity in its awfulness. There is a Zen mastery in producing a film which nullifies the concept of pleasure.
  2. Reviewed by: Josh Winning
    Feb 9, 2013
    Though it gives good splat and the scenery’s to die for, Hansel & Gretel gets just about everything wrong. Hammy, boring, chronically unfunny - there’ll be nightmares before bedtime.
  3. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Jan 30, 2013
    In his English-language debut, Wirkola dabbles in everything but commits to nothing, making for an unmemorable brew best left untasted.