Happy Accidents

8.5

1. Jan 14, 2015
    A slow burner of a movie which at some points the flame is all but extinguished.

The story certainly opens avenues which could have, should be been more visually enhanced along with the pace and character relations. I so wanted to watch this after waiting 15 years to see it and compose a great review but alas.... Ultimately i wish I could back travel 15 years, watch this on VHS

Ultimately i wish I could back travel 15 years, watch this on VHS before the dawning of online review sites and save myself 5 minutes I will never get back.

Not worth watching in my opinion unless there really is nothing else to watch.
  2. Jun 1, 2014
    Unexpected and beautiful. It plays like a mobius strip but without all the usual **** that comes with a time based plot. Glad I came across this and would highly recommend it. It's unique and genuine. well-acted and without pretense. similar in feel to about time, which is another suberp time based romantic.
  3. Jenn
    Jul 9, 2007
    I enjoyed the middle of the movie the most dreading the moment when something would ruin it for me and I'd end up hating the movie, but that never happened. for now, this is my favorite movie, i cant get sick of watching this. don't expect sex, drugs or violence. just cuteness. you have to watch it a few times to catch everything. like who the "father" on the phone really is, etc.
  4. JesseR.
    Apr 21, 2004
    I saw this movie unintentionally, and it has since become one of my happy accidents. this is an absolutely outstanding. :)
  5. OtiliaC.
    Dec 8, 2003
    This is a quirky romantic movie and little far fetched but adorable. It was refreshing to see a movie that makes you laugh and your heart pitter-patter at the same time. Simply marvelous!
  6. OtiliaC.
    Dec 8, 2003
    Feb 8, 2003
    Extremely believeable characters and relationships override any plot holes. Original writing succeeds where many have failed with the time-travel theme. Individual performances excel.
  8. GiselleC.
    Mar 27, 2003
    Took a big chance on this one. It turned out to be witty, orginal and the acting was great!
  9. FayP.
    Jun 18, 2003
    Any film that has Vincent D'Onofrio in it is sure to be entertaining. He is a wonderful actor and chooses unusual stories to connect with. Very very good film.
  10. AndrewH.
    Dec 26, 2001
    I'm a huge Brad Anderson fine - but this isn't quite "Next Stop Wonderland."
  11. EliasC.
    May 13, 2003
    Not just a sublime love story, but also a meditation on the power of storytelling. Suspend your disbelief, and cry at the end like I did. This is what audiences worldwide should be shown as an exemplar of literate, character-driven American film-making at its finest.

"Happy Accidents" should retire Tomei's status as part of a show-biz urban legend and establish her once and for all as one of our most versatile and engaging performers.
  2. Doesn't have the negative qualities of many big-studio romantic comedies, but it doesn't quite take flight.
  3. Reviewed by: Ed Park
    The leads smooth over the plot holes endemic to all 4D fables, making the movie more than mere déjà vu.