Anchor Bay Films | Release Date: March 4, 2011
6.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 25 Ratings
Watch Now
SummersausageJan 6, 2013
A script that could live up to the ages if it deals with the problems that it tiptoes around, and if the movie lost an hour. It was way to long and it is self indulgent. The romanticism of the film comes out with strifde though and if you doA script that could live up to the ages if it deals with the problems that it tiptoes around, and if the movie lost an hour. It was way to long and it is self indulgent. The romanticism of the film comes out with strifde though and if you do watch it, just listen to it instead. Expand
KingmushApr 25, 2011

Watched this movie for one reason really. Josh Radnor. If you don't recognize the name...well he's not that big but he's the star of the hit show How I Met Your Mother, one of my personal favorites. So even though based on the trailer this movie looked like a typical chick flick I gave it a shot for him.

The movie kind of went better than expected. I expected, again, a typical chick flick but instead I got...well not sure exactly. Essentially the plot of the movie is three different story lines. My favorite was the one with Radnor as he finds a kid lost on the subway and takes him in. Very touching, the funniest of the three and most relatable. The others focused on a cancer patient who finds unlikely love, and a couple facing a tough job decision with the onset of a baby.

I will admit this movie started out super slow with the only redeeming quality being Radnor and the cute kid he found...but luckily the other story lines soon picked up and became fascinating as well and brought more actual realism to this movie which lots of movies unfortunately lack. One of the best things personally to me about this movie was the setting. Downtown New York. I have always wanted to live in a downtown area whether it be New York or Chicago, love the scene and this movie brought that lust back and in high fever.

So anyway, if you like indie chick flicks to watch with your girl, I say give this a shot. If you like Josh Radnor...give it a shot.