Hard Ball

4.6

1. GinaR.
    May 1, 2002
    If I could really rate this movie 1 out of 10, I'd rate it a 12!! This is the absolute most touching, inspiring movie of all times. The boyz in it are adorable and it gives ppl a real idea of wat kidz in the projects have to live through. It proves that dreams can come true, and it shows how recreational sportz can keep kids off the street. If u dont like this movie, u dont know wat If I could really rate this movie 1 out of 10, I'd rate it a 12!! This is the absolute most touching, inspiring movie of all times. The boyz in it are adorable and it gives ppl a real idea of wat kidz in the projects have to live through. It proves that dreams can come true, and it shows how recreational sportz can keep kids off the street. If u dont like this movie, u dont know wat ur missing. Did i mention the boyz are ADORABLE? Expand
  2. AsiaC.
    Jul 19, 2002
    Hardball is my favorite movie because the movie is so funny. But my favorite character is Andre (bryan Hearne) THis is the best movie around.
  3. AikoH.
    Apr 1, 2004
    I'm japanese, so i can't explain well. when i found this movie at the rental video shop, i wanted to rent this very much! because its title in japanese is so good! "hardball"s japanese title is "the baseball ground in the warming sunshine" don't you think it's very nice? and, story is also good!! i love it!!
  4. AsuncionC.
    Sep 27, 2001
    I rated it a ten because I think this movie is great.
  5. BrytneyL.
    Mar 28, 2002
    I loved this movie!! It made me laugh and cry...there is nothin better than that!!
  6. LindseyakaLinz
    Mar 3, 2002
    I gave it a 10 becuz the movie was GREAT! It was tite...Cute lil boyz, and they played good in it. It was so sad when G Baby died...But even tho I kno he didnt really die...I cried!!! And "I Luv it when u call me Big Poppa!!!" LOL...that was cute...My favo's were G baby, Jefferson, and Miles, its a Great Movie...so If u haven't already seen it,,,you should! Even if u dont have I gave it a 10 becuz the movie was GREAT! It was tite...Cute lil boyz, and they played good in it. It was so sad when G Baby died...But even tho I kno he didnt really die...I cried!!! And "I Luv it when u call me Big Poppa!!!" LOL...that was cute...My favo's were G baby, Jefferson, and Miles, its a Great Movie...so If u haven't already seen it,,,you should! Even if u dont have an interest in Baseball...Its juss a really interesting movie. Well I definitely give it a 10! ~Linz~ Expand
  7. KatyP.
    Apr 29, 2002
    I rate this film MOST DEF. a 10! because it was the best movie i have ever seen. It's my favorite! Michael B Jordan is such a HOTTIE! lol It was so great i was hysterically laughing and crying thro it. Thanx for the best film ever!
  8. WesK.
    Apr 3, 2002
    This is now my favorite movie. This is one of those movies I could watch over and over and over again and I have done it, I love it. "I love it when you call me big poppa."
  9. KylieS.
    Apr 6, 2002
    This is the best movie ever and is worth going to see!! I luv it! G Baby is awesome!!
  10. Brittany
    May 7, 2002
    Hardball was the best movie I have ever seen. It made me cry and laugh. The boys were sooo cute. This is my favorite movie ever!!! The first time I rented it I watched it at least 5 times.
  11. BecB.
    Feb 7, 2003
    I love this movie, it shows how sport can get kids off the street. and i love Michael Perkins. he is one fine guy.
    Jul 10, 2005
    There needs to be a hardball 2; the rise of gbaby!!! I LOVE THIS MOVIE. wow so good...makes me laugh at times and cry at others. i love it.
  13. AshleyB.
    Oct 2, 2001
    I absolutely love this movie! It made me laugh and made me cry. Who cares what the critics say...go see this movie. You'll love it!
  14. AmandaM.
    Sep 28, 2001
    This is my favorite movie. It's so cute.
  15. AmyC.
    Sep 30, 2001
    I love this movie!!! It's awesome!!!
  16. MaddisonR.
    Mar 12, 2002
    This was the most touching movie I have ever watched. I have never cried through a movie but this one I did. G-Baby is the cutest!!!
  17. MollyM.
    Mar 16, 2002
    Awesome and sad.
  18. LaquintaT.
    Apr 28, 2002
    I give this movie a ten. It may not be sutible for younger kids, but it is an excellent movie. Reeves plays an excellent role.
  19. Emfly
    Apr 4, 2002
    This is the best movie of all time. I love it w/ all my heart.
  20. TimeekaL.
    May 1, 2002
    I love this movie. And Jamal Is HELLA HELLA FINE. I'm OBSESSED with him. And it is my favorite movie.
  21. CoreyG.
    May 28, 2002
    The best music ever in a movie and the best movie ever!
  22. DanielleB.
    Jun 24, 2002
    This is the best movie I have ever seen. I watched it over and over again. I love Michael B. Jordan (Jamal) he is so fine and thugish, I going to marry him. At the end of the movie he was so fine and so sad but its funny too though. G-Baby is a trip I loved it and Jamal!!!!!!!
  23. Michelle
    Jul 13, 2002
    I would give this movie 100 if I could...The kids were such good actors, there is no way they could have picked better kids. Andre is the cutest thing i've ever seen, i love the way he talks, and his facial expressions. I watched this movie like 10 times, and I would watch it 100 more!!!
  24. Monica
    Jan 6, 2003
    It's the best! Keanu is the sexiest guy!
  25. RebeccaH.
    Feb 7, 2003
    This is the best movie ever, i have watched it so many times. i love kofi, he is luvly and G-Baby is a neat little boy.
  26. TarynM.
    Aug 5, 2003
    OMG! i could not stop watching this movie and over again when i rented it. I LOVE KOFI! I LOVE KOFI! [and i love Andre too]. what teenagers can resist a grip of black boys?! not me! i love it! lol.
  27. Rozlyn
    Apr 7, 2004
    I think this was a wonderful movie. I loved Koffi and Andre, they were so good.
  28. DestineeB.
    Mar 18, 2007
    This movie is fun to watch...everyday i get home i watch it ....i love g-baby in this movie he is so little but he can be hard at times...and this movie made me cry in a lot of parts...and i think that there should be a hardball 2 with the same characters.....i just lo e this movie a lot.
  29. BobS.
    Nov 12, 2001
    It was a great movie with superior acting.
  30. CallieC.
    Jan 24, 2002
    Sometimes, people always have a tendency to just look at movies, and missing the main point. In the movie The Replacements - the characters allowed the viewers to believe not just in themselves, but perhaps there is hope within the system. It also poked fun at how we as a society have this tendency to analyze every action, movement, word, thought we do as human beings. Sometimes, I always Sometimes, people always have a tendency to just look at movies, and missing the main point. In the movie The Replacements - the characters allowed the viewers to believe not just in themselves, but perhaps there is hope within the system. It also poked fun at how we as a society have this tendency to analyze every action, movement, word, thought we do as human beings. Sometimes, I always detest girl meet boy's movies, but this is always dependant upon each viewer values and beliefs. As for my belief, (culture/tradition) Creator/God made man and women for a purpose, and sometimes I just accept for that split moment that my being was for that split moment not willing to agree with what the story was achieving - but time always wins out. AS HUMANS WE ARE ALWAYS REPLACEABLE - SO THERE ARE MANY WAYS OF LOOKING AT THE MOVIE "THE REPLACEMENTS" AND ALSO THE CHARACTERES. Great Work people, cast and crew, writers, etc., etc., of Hardball, Matrix, etc. But, I believe in the characters with which Mr. Reeves does portray and the beautiful stories his characters bring about. Good choice of scripts/ and or movies Mr. Reeves. Good luck and God Bless you all in your sequels to the Matrix. Expand
  31. JAC
    Jun 12, 2002
    This movie was so great! i cried, i laughed and it rocked! it was so good! the actors were great, the kids were so good, it had a good plot, and it was very inspirational... the ppl who rated it below a 9, YOU SUCK!! go watch it again.
  32. AwesomeChick
    Aug 27, 2002
    Jamal is so hot! the movie is awesome.
  33. ChadR.
    May 22, 2007
    Hardball is a very important movie to my life. i was amazed when i watched it. its the best movie ever made. I've learned a lot about myself cuz of this movie. and that part where he is talking about G-Babys loss. i don't no who could of done better then him. .. that was the only movie i ever cried in and still do when i watch it.
  34. May 1, 2016
    Incredible touching story and amazing cast. I laughed and cried. I'm very impressed with Keanu Reeves character, confused and lost in gambling and drinking. But we are all know he is lovely guy deep inside. Kids are just fantastic, considering they were playing for the first time in their lives Wonderful and very overrated movie

1. Mr. Showbiz
    Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    The actors playing the team members have stereotypical roles, but these kids have got game.
    It drifts above the surface of its natural subjects, content to be a genre picture. We're always aware of the formula--and in a picture based on real life, we shouldn't be.
  3. A by-the-numbers tearjerker notable mostly for the most adorable little sluggers this side of the "Bad News Bears."