Harold

3.7

1. JayH.
    Sep 11, 2008
    I am a surprised at the universally negative reviews. I thought it was well written and funny, and I enjoyed it very much. Good scenarios, fine performances. Great fun.
  2. Jun 6, 2015
    Despite my rating this movie is one of the best of the worst. This film encompases the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of what cinema has to offer. To start off, there were moments I laughed and some enjoyable scenes; however, when the humor doesn't work it crashes and burns like this movie's entire premise. A lot of the time this movie takes itself way too seriously and the generic plot andDespite my rating this movie is one of the best of the worst. This film encompases the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of what cinema has to offer. To start off, there were moments I laughed and some enjoyable scenes; however, when the humor doesn't work it crashes and burns like this movie's entire premise. A lot of the time this movie takes itself way too seriously and the generic plot and dialogue don't helps its case either. At times I wasn't sure whether this film is trying to parody teen comedies, or it is just that lame and predictable. It is almost like the film is parodying itself. Also it is really hard to pinpoint the target demographic because it is too coarse and crude for children, but often way too childish for anyone older than thirteen. If one cannot relate to a self loathing bald headed fourteen year old boy, than this is probably going to be one of the worst films you have ever seen. Not to mention this film has enough plot holes to fill Albert Hall. Although if one were to watch this under the impression that it was a parody, have Green Day's Dookie playing in the background, and pretend the protagonist is a young Kyle Gass this film would probably be a 5/10 or even a 6/10. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 5 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Michelle Orange
    The question of who might find Harold even mildly entertaining looms large.
  2. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    A terminally lame puberty comedy.
  3. Harold is the type of one-note dead zone ideally suited for a bathroom break while sitting home on a Saturday night, alone and semidrunk, in front of the television. At feature length it's enough to make you tear your hair out.