7.9

1. Aug 24, 2011
    An avid reader of the series, I was pretty happy with how the final half of the 7th book was portrayed. Cinematography was beautiful and they depicted the story well. It was great to see the final chapter of Harry Potter on the big screen.
  2. Aug 31, 2011
    The Perfect Ending to a Perfect Collection. The Fight between Harry Potter and Voldemort was epic, is going to be remember until the end of times. The effects, the acting, the directing, the sound, everything was so good, I really believe this was the best movie of all the Harry Potter films. The Only thing i have to say that could have been better is the battles between some of the deathThe Perfect Ending to a Perfect Collection. The Fight between Harry Potter and Voldemort was epic, is going to be remember until the end of times. The effects, the acting, the directing, the sound, everything was so good, I really believe this was the best movie of all the Harry Potter films. The Only thing i have to say that could have been better is the battles between some of the death eaters and the Hogwarts students, and Molly and Bellatrix, but that was just a detail, but I would like to see it anyway. A Special thanks has to be given to J.K. Rowling and David Yates. Expand
  3. Aug 28, 2011
    La mejor película de la saga. Quizás la trama de la última parte del libro daba para hacer algo más, algunas escenas quizás algo ridículas, como la muerte de Bellatrix Lestrange, cuya escena fue muy corta y ridiculizada con un tono cómico, también la escena de Neville contra losLa mejor película de la saga. Quizás la trama de la última parte del libro daba para hacer algo más, algunas escenas quizás algo ridículas, como la muerte de Bellatrix Lestrange, cuya escena fue muy corta y ridiculizada con un tono cómico, también la escena de Neville contra los mortífagos debe abrirse espacio entre las escenas más ridículas y tontas, pero me parece que esta película alcanza para una buena crítica, esperé un poquito más, aunque para mí en verdad cierra con broche de oro esta saga que ha marcado el final del siglo XX y la primera década del XXI, una saga cuya historia y personajes quedarán marcados en la mente y los corazones de todos aquellos que pudieron leer sus libros, ver sus películas y jugar sus juegos.
    Ya me imagino que cuando esté ya muy anciano, le contaré esta historia a mis nietos...
  4. Sep 4, 2011
    This is the only Harry Potter book I have not read, so I saw these final two instalments with no idea what to expect. The result, was fairly disappointing, despite a fantastic sequence involving Snape. It all seemed a bit too muddled around, and it didn't feel as epic as it could have been. As for the ending, well, it was never going to be easy to transfer what happens onto the big screen,This is the only Harry Potter book I have not read, so I saw these final two instalments with no idea what to expect. The result, was fairly disappointing, despite a fantastic sequence involving Snape. It all seemed a bit too muddled around, and it didn't feel as epic as it could have been. As for the ending, well, it was never going to be easy to transfer what happens onto the big screen, and they did an okay job of it, but it's still pretty stupid. Expand
  5. Sep 4, 2011
    This last film is extremely well acted and brings the series to a satisfying conclusion. Yes, it diverges from the book, especially at the end, but it does so to create a more dramatic and exciting climax. The only thing that disturbed me was that several major events happened off-screen. Some main characters die, and nobody seems to care. Their names are not even mentioned. Aside fromThis last film is extremely well acted and brings the series to a satisfying conclusion. Yes, it diverges from the book, especially at the end, but it does so to create a more dramatic and exciting climax. The only thing that disturbed me was that several major events happened off-screen. Some main characters die, and nobody seems to care. Their names are not even mentioned. Aside from this, it is amazing that such a great cast has stayed together for ten years and created so many wonderful films. As someone who grew up a huge Potter fan, it is satisfying to see this series end so fantastically. Expand
  6. Oct 16, 2011
    the film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 was undoubtedly the best movie of the coat, but the directors committed SOME errors like: The fight between Harry and Voldemort should take longer, but the special effects were very well prepared
  7. Sep 12, 2011
    The eighth Harry Potter film, summing up the events of the last third of the Deathly Hallows novel, has arrived in theaters. I saw it in 2-D at the midnight showing, and I can say that it is easily the best novel adaptation since The Lord of the Rings series. The writing does justice to the novel, the action is great, and it's a fantastic piece of cinema that should definitely be givenThe eighth Harry Potter film, summing up the events of the last third of the Deathly Hallows novel, has arrived in theaters. I saw it in 2-D at the midnight showing, and I can say that it is easily the best novel adaptation since The Lord of the Rings series. The writing does justice to the novel, the action is great, and it's a fantastic piece of cinema that should definitely be given some academy awards. The film picks up exactly where the last one left off, and features Harry, Ron, and Hermione as they search for the remaining Horcruxes. As ever, the acting is not the film's strongest point, but characters like Neville, Snape, and McGonnigall give the best performances to date in the series. There are quite a few funny moments, mostly due to the writing, which again is the best to date in the series (save maybe Prisoner of Azkaban). From the get-go, the action scenes are awesome, and the effects are great. Many casual Potter viewers who have not read the books will likely enjoy this final Potter more than the previous few, which were mostly expositional and had little action. The director also nails the drama sequences, with Alan Rickman pulling off the final revelation of Snape superbly. I would have liked there to be a bit more "cool down" at the end, as the film seems to end a bit too early after the end of Voldemort.

So, overall, is this the ending of Harry Potter we've been waiting for? The answer: yes. Deathly Hallows part 2 is an amazing ending to a brilliant series.
  8. Sep 18, 2011
    10 years, 8 films and they clearly saved the best until last. When it came to the books I felt that the final book lacked the punch the others had with no overtly moving moments apart from the Snape reveal which seemed rushed in the book. The film on the other hand takes the gravitas developed by 7 movies before it and improves upon the words created by Rowling with a punchy, emotionally10 years, 8 films and they clearly saved the best until last. When it came to the books I felt that the final book lacked the punch the others had with no overtly moving moments apart from the Snape reveal which seemed rushed in the book. The film on the other hand takes the gravitas developed by 7 movies before it and improves upon the words created by Rowling with a punchy, emotionally charged script by Steve Kloves. Daniel Radcliffe finally lives up to the title of Harry Potter as he carries the viewer through the last 2 hours totally invested in the challenges he has ahead of him. However the clear winner in this film is Alan Rickman as Snape who infuses his scenes with an air of contrition and regret making one of the main montages of the film incredibly moving. If the last film has a flaw its the under use of characters like David Thewlis' Lupin and Robby Coltrane's Hagrid while awarding too much time to original characters such as Kelly Macdonald's Grey Lady. Oh, and Emma Watson was boring......again. Expand
  9. Sep 19, 2011
    This movie is the best ending to a franchise I've seen since Star Wars. The scenes are somewhat suspensful and the fighting scenes are the best. The ending of the movie is very much so like the book. This movie is the closest Daniel Raddcliffe has gotten to getting exactly almost like the book. The book is good but the movie explains it all. MAKE SURE YOU SEE THIS MOVIE!
  10. Dec 4, 2011
    Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a great movie that Potter fans will enjoy watching and is a good (not great) conclusion to the series. The plot is fairly close to the book and it is a great plot with action-packed scenes and great entertainment. The acting was great too and so was the script. The problem with the movie however was the ending. The ending was a major letdownHarry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a great movie that Potter fans will enjoy watching and is a good (not great) conclusion to the series. The plot is fairly close to the book and it is a great plot with action-packed scenes and great entertainment. The acting was great too and so was the script. The problem with the movie however was the ending. The ending was a major letdown for me as the movie's ending was far less epic than the book's ending. While the book had an emotionally charged ending that had a nice not to end the series the movie ends not as well witch greatly dissapointed me. The developers should have gone with the book's ending for it was far more better than the ending they had but other than the dissapointing conclusion the movie is still worth watching. Overall, Harry Potter is a great film that is worth watching, this is a definative improvement over the 5th., 6th., and the first part of the sevent book movies. Potter fans should not miss it but they might be dissapointed by the ending. Breakdown for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2": Presentation: 9.3, Plot: 9, Acting: 10, Script: 9.3, Lasting Appeal: 9, Verdict: 9.2 out of 10 "Amazing" Expand
  11. Dec 29, 2011
    A visually dazzling, powerfully acted, epic and emotionally satisfying conclusion to one of the best series ever put to film. If this doesn't get major Oscar nominations and/or wins, I will forever be angry with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences lol :) . 4/4 stars.
  12. Nov 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Harry Potter is one of the most famous series in the world. I've read the books and seen the movies. Be prepared to be blown away. This is the best one of the 8. Harry, Ron, and Hermione skip Hogwarts on their last year to go in search of the Horcuxes that Dumbledore had left behind. He gives them three objects to help them. At the end, it leaves you with the greatest thing you'll ever know is love, and that the people who die are always with you. That's important. It's an epic end to the best selling series, and original as anything i've ever read or seen. You could argue if it's true to the book, but not all things make it into movies, and you shouldn't give a bad store if it didn't include your favorite scenes. The acting is even better than before, as the kids are all grown up. Daniel Radcliffe has potential to be an Oscar-nominated star one day, as well as Emma Watson and Rupert Grint. To be honest with you, I cried so incredibly hard that I left 10 minutes early while my friend was still in the theatre. It's an amazing movie. The fact that Voldemort finally is killed is sad to me, as that means it's the end of an era. Let's not forget we can visit Hogwarts anytime in our hearts:) That sounds corny, but it's true. What makes it so good is J.K. Rowling herself. She has created a whole other world that contains numerous sub-plots and truly good motives. Neither one can live as the other survives,, is a true statement to the film. For the first time we actually get to see Snape's love for Lily. Dumbledore when he's dead. All of things that stand out are brought by emotions and actions. It can stand on its own movie legs, because this is a great movie. The only thing I didn't like was the epilogue, but that's just my opinion. It's got everything in it. From the whole 7 movies to this one, there's deep underlying roots in the story that's hard to explain in a short amount of time. Tom Riddle, his mother, and the Gaunts finally play a part in the film, as well as Gringotts and Hogwarts to the extreme. As we look at the castle being destroyed,and people dying, it marks the end of a chapter. It also ends the brilliant battle between Potter and the Death Eater's. I was said Hedwig died though. The true message is so nice and sweet. How the people you love will always be there with you. While other people may not like it, I found it to be amazing. Nothing short of oscar worthy. It may be fantasy, but who cares? A-. Expand
  13. Jun 9, 2012
    Individually ,each Harry Potter never satisfies and feel commercial and 'crass' by splitting the final book into two parts. Still, one of the best Harry Potter installments out there.
  14. Nov 19, 2011
    Full of adventure and mystery Harry Potter Part 2 tied all the loose ends together very nicely. With some badass special effects thrown in. Overall, a must see. BUT with seeing the movies before if never read the books.
  15. Jul 17, 2013
    Quite the anticipation and excitement surrounded the eighth and last film of the Harry Potter franchise, but personally I was also hit with the realisation that this was the finale, the curtain call and the last song and dance for our favourite wizarding heroes.
    The final film simply ties up almost everything, its a chance for the viewers to jog their memory to all those years ago, to be re-introduced to characters who may have been missing in previous entries. It also sets the stage for one of the most spectacular battles of the series, and in many others. Harry, played for the final time by the brooding but very much grown up Daniel Radcliffe, needs answers to all his lingering questions, and its quite fitting that it should all come to head where the Boy Who Lived calls home, Hogwarts.
    Without going into too much detail, Harry, while still unsure exactly how to defeat Lord Voldemort, is rapidly closing in on the answers he seeks. Not without the company of Ron and Hermione, the three embark on various callbacks to all the previous films, Gringotts bank, Hogsmeade and of course the Chamber of Secrets. The whole film is brimming with excitable characters, unlikely heroes and bright colours to light up the darkening sky.
    But as it goes, tragedy continues to loom, and the final film is a true bloodbath, some unknown, many loveable and sorely missed. The argument being that they were fighting for the safety of themselves as well as Harry, because when Hogwarts is truly lit up like the 4th of July, nobody is safe. In terms of this, the special effects and heavy battle scenes are as brilliant and mesmerising as they have ever been, capturing the imagination inside the head of JK Rowling and putting it on the screen in spectacular fashion.
    One cannot forget the performances, and again it is the older cast who run away with the rights to say they were the best, Alan Rickman, who has been there since day one as the dark, mysterious and often thorn in the side Severus Snape, truly has his finest hour, showing another side to this character that we have never seen before, and boasting the talents of this phenomenal actor. Ralph Fiennes is quite frightening, more so than ever as Lord Voldemort, his silent striding, his peaceful but snap of the fingers change in tone of voice is enough to keep you up, and he really outlines why so much more fun can be had being the big bad.
    Maggie Smith and Julie Walters deservedly have much more screen time, with some comic tone but also a true sense of their magical background on show.
    The series could not have had a better goodbye, combining everything it is known for, and throwing in surprises along the way, we have grown up with the three leads, and the closing scenes of the film remark just how long, dark but also cheerful and entertaining the journey has been, reminding us that this is more than likely the last time we see these characters, but what a farewell indeed.
  16. Nov 23, 2011
    Summary: Movie should have been longer and in 2D Plot: The film hinges on the final battle between death eaters and other wizards. Hogwarts is the center of all action. Death and destruction is no longer discussed in background. You literally see the beautiful castle, Hogsmeade and Gringotts being ripped apart and people die. Let me stop with that. Special Effects: The film has been shotSummary: Movie should have been longer and in 2D Plot: The film hinges on the final battle between death eaters and other wizards. Hogwarts is the center of all action. Death and destruction is no longer discussed in background. You literally see the beautiful castle, Hogsmeade and Gringotts being ripped apart and people die. Let me stop with that. Special Effects: The film has been shot in 3D and, as with its prequels, the final episode boots really good CGI. Apparations, flying broomsticks, dragons, giants, slithering snakes, magic - everything is thrown at the audience in the two hour running time of the movie. And its all so beautifully interwoven that you end up applauding their physics rather than cringe thinking about their improbability. Cast: The main stars need no introduction. I guess this series was blessed, for they managed to complete production of eight movies with almost the same cast as they began. So in order to review the casting I need to go back in time - I guess it is unnecessary. I do not think we are going to get a more fitting description of Harry or Ron or Hermione. The only gripe is that we get to see less of some favorite characters (like Hagrid for example). Performance: The lead characters have done good. Not just in this movie but the entire series. Kudos to the kids who dared to spend the most crucial years of their lives to entertain us (yeah they definitely got a handsome pay in return) and have been keen to learn from day one to get their acting skills honed. Of the others I would always rate Alan Rickman's portrayal of the complex character of Snape as a cut above the rest - it was like a character written in the book come alive. Evanna Lynch also cast her character (of Luna Lovegood) with charm. Helena Bonham Carter will forever be remembered as the sneering Bellatrix Lestrange. Read the full review at http://blog.nrajesh.com/review-deathly-hallows-2 Expand
  17. Dec 8, 2011
    While its a solid film overall, I feel the run time pushes it a little and makes it feel a bit dragged on. Also the film fails to capture the emotion of what is happening and I am a bit disapointed by that. The acting is solid and the effects are some of the best in the series. It did its best to follow the book as well. It just didnt hit home for me I guess.

(Addressing the critics of

(Addressing the critics of this film)
    I hate the critics of this film. The only reason they gave it good reviews was because it was the final film of the series. Pretty much every other film before that (besides POA and GOF) were bashed by them. This film was about as good as the previous 2 HP films.
  18. Dec 8, 2011
    Harry Potter is a name we can all relate to. Firmly rooted in British pop culture pride next to Bag Puss and that weird insurance meerkat, the books and films have inspired, excited and just plain annoyed an entire generation. Also they made my mum cry. Since I read the first word of the first book my mind has had a Daniel Radcliffe lookalike hidden within it. And now, in July 2011,Harry Potter is a name we can all relate to. Firmly rooted in British pop culture pride next to Bag Puss and that weird insurance meerkat, the books and films have inspired, excited and just plain annoyed an entire generation. Also they made my mum cry. Since I read the first word of the first book my mind has had a Daniel Radcliffe lookalike hidden within it. And now, in July 2011, (because of course that Expand
  19. Jan 11, 2012
    This movie was very depressing, not only because of the ending and the story, but because I could see my childhood coming through and going away. This saga will always remember me in my childhood. IIt was decent for ending the saga, but some action that was on the book was missing. Anyway I liked it. GOOD BYE CHILDHOOD!
  20. Dec 15, 2011
    Up until this movie, I've never loved a Harry Potter movie. Throughout the years, they've just been consistent sources of entertainment. I always knew going into a Harry Potter film that I would not be let down, but I also knew that I wouldn't be blown away. But leave it to this series to end on its strongest note yet. This movie is the perfect reward for all of us who have followed theUp until this movie, I've never loved a Harry Potter movie. Throughout the years, they've just been consistent sources of entertainment. I always knew going into a Harry Potter film that I would not be let down, but I also knew that I wouldn't be blown away. But leave it to this series to end on its strongest note yet. This movie is the perfect reward for all of us who have followed the series through both the books and movies. While Part I focused primarily on setting up the story and developing the characters, this one focuses on the payoff. Here, it's basically one action scene after another, and that's okay because we've had enough time to get to know the characters. By this point, you care about the characters, so the focus isn't so much on the spectacular effects as it is the characters that surround it. That's what all summer movies should strive to do, but this summer, only Harry Potter has bothered to do so, and what a treat it is. If you've followed the series, get ready for the most exciting movie of the summer. If you're new to the series, go by Blockbuster and have a Potter marathon. The movies you watch might not be great, but it will all be worth it once you get to this spectacular end. Expand
  21. Dec 22, 2011
    This was an amazing end to a series of (mostly) great movies. Though it may be difficult to watch for some fans of the book (like me) without being slightly disappointed with all of the things left out of the movies, but it stands very well on its own. The best part of the movie for me were the performances of Alan Rickman as Snape (especially during the scene in the Pensive) and RalphThis was an amazing end to a series of (mostly) great movies. Though it may be difficult to watch for some fans of the book (like me) without being slightly disappointed with all of the things left out of the movies, but it stands very well on its own. The best part of the movie for me were the performances of Alan Rickman as Snape (especially during the scene in the Pensive) and Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort which were both perfect. There were also great visual effects and a beautiful score by Alexandre Desplat though the epilogue was pretty terrible in my opinion. Still, it was a satisfying, and well made conclusion to the phenomenon that my entire generation has grown up reading and loving. Expand
  22. Mar 8, 2013
    An amazing and epic cinematic conclusion to the Harry Potter series. Of course, the books were far superior in every way but these last couple of movies really did do an amazing job capturing the meaning behind every scene which the earlier films couldn't quite do. The acting continued to improve in every film as did the development of the overall story arc and characters. I also felt likeAn amazing and epic cinematic conclusion to the Harry Potter series. Of course, the books were far superior in every way but these last couple of movies really did do an amazing job capturing the meaning behind every scene which the earlier films couldn't quite do. The acting continued to improve in every film as did the development of the overall story arc and characters. I also felt like this was the best movie in terms of not needing to have read the books in order to fully engage in the story. Overall, I am very glad that I was able to complete the book series and films. This entire process has been an enjoyable one and that is the ultimate point of all mediums of entertainment, isn't it? To enjoy it? That's always been my belief and this story was absolutely captivating. I can't wait until the next time I can make it to Universal Studios to check out what I've heard is an amazing job at recreating the environment. Thank you J.K. Rowling for providing premium entertainment for my mind! Expand
  23. Oct 11, 2013
    One of the greatest films ever made, period. It is absolutely incredible, and every moment was epic. It was sad to see these characters grow up, but great at the same time. My personal favorite Potter movie, and one of my all-time favorite films.
  24. Dec 28, 2011
    Arguably ties with Sorcerer's Stone for the title of The Very Best Harry Potter Movie Ever Made In The Whole Wide World. The film was both breathtakingly epic and breathtakingly emotional, to the nth degree. Although not done by John Williams, the film score is excellent and speaks so much without words. Snape's flashbacks were brilliantly done, and this time, every departure from the bookArguably ties with Sorcerer's Stone for the title of The Very Best Harry Potter Movie Ever Made In The Whole Wide World. The film was both breathtakingly epic and breathtakingly emotional, to the nth degree. Although not done by John Williams, the film score is excellent and speaks so much without words. Snape's flashbacks were brilliantly done, and this time, every departure from the book only makes the impact greater. And at the very end, the film wraps back around in mood to the warm, enchanting feel of the first film by using John Williams's original movie score, invoking both nostalgia and satisfaction. Everyone is sad to see Harry Potter go and the director knows it, and he pulls out all the stops to tease the viewers' tear ducts. A wonderful conclusion to a wonderful series. Expand
  25. Aug 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It has been a while since I read the last book (before seeing the last past of "the Deathly Hallows"). That is why I couldn't really recall everything that happened on the pages, and that may or may not have helped while watching this movie.

There was plenty of action in this movie. However, it seemed the focus teetered and stumbled a bit: especially during the last battle at Hogwarts, many familiar characters were shown, but very briefly at places. That made the movie lose its emotional charge. A lot of the action fast forwarded a lot, not allowing the plot to build itself.

Until this day I don't quite understand how Harry died and came back - or where he went before coming back. Even while reading the book that was a bit unclear to me. Maybe I just skipped some important clue, I don't know. Another strange thing is Voldemort's final demise. It seemed so easy in the end.

The acting was okay, but due to the inability to focus on any character or their story, it felt like a wasted effort. Especially "Prince's Tale" that I heard a lot of hype about was just a jumbled cluster of random images from here and there, and I felt very disappointed with it. I had waited such a long time to see Alan Rickman as Snape again, after all, and what we had here was just a glimpse of the greatness he could have produced on screen.

I noticed a different theme in the beginning - and loved it. I think I'll have to get the soundtrack of this movie.

A big applause for the poor Gringotts dragon! Very well made, that one.

All in all not my favorite part in the series. Better than part one of the last movie, but they both have definite faults that keep me from liking them more.
  26. Jan 24, 2012
    I actually read all the books and I know they changed a lot of things from the book but it is still a very good movie and addition for the series. Not every movie based on the book have to be exactly like the book. The war scene was different butit doesn't matter because if they went by the book the continuality of the scene would have taken to long and they would just pop up all togetherI actually read all the books and I know they changed a lot of things from the book but it is still a very good movie and addition for the series. Not every movie based on the book have to be exactly like the book. The war scene was different butit doesn't matter because if they went by the book the continuality of the scene would have taken to long and they would just pop up all together and the people who haven't read the book would be like what the **** So yes this is a great film in its own way which most book adaptations can't say. The acting and special effects were great. Also it's not the director who changes everything it's the writer. Expand
  27. Jul 6, 2012
    Harry potter and the deathly hallows is an awesome action/fantasy/sci-fi/drama/comedy movie, it does each one of those genres really well. It's brilliant. It has exciting action, great acting, an amazing plot which you can tell is really thought out well, very good music and brilliant character building for all the main and secondary characters. It's definitely the greatest harry potterHarry potter and the deathly hallows is an awesome action/fantasy/sci-fi/drama/comedy movie, it does each one of those genres really well. It's brilliant. It has exciting action, great acting, an amazing plot which you can tell is really thought out well, very good music and brilliant character building for all the main and secondary characters. It's definitely the greatest harry potter movie, it truly deserves a 10/10, seriously, if you haven't seen this impressive and action-packed movie, I really recommend watching it! Expand
  28. Mar 14, 2012
    I've grown watching Harry Potter like the rest of the Potterheads, It was a beautiful ending to one of the longest running movie franchise. Though it has it's flaws, it will still be one of the best of 2011.
  29. Mar 16, 2012
    Wow. This is how you end a franchise. When it comes to the big finale it's so easy for films to fall flat on their faces but not with Harry Potter, this film is as good and as epic as all the trailers hyped it up to be. I am really annoyed that this wasn't up for more Oscars other than its technical achievements. I felt that David Yates has got better and better with these films since heWow. This is how you end a franchise. When it comes to the big finale it's so easy for films to fall flat on their faces but not with Harry Potter, this film is as good and as epic as all the trailers hyped it up to be. I am really annoyed that this wasn't up for more Oscars other than its technical achievements. I felt that David Yates has got better and better with these films since he took as over as director with Order of the Phoenix, and I truely fell that his work with Deathly Hallows part 2 puts him up there with the best directors of the industry, in my opinion anyway. It got so many things right, the genuinely epic and emotional battle for hogwarts, the fight between good and evil, the story of Snape and so much more. However I dont think it got everything right, for example the whole story of Dumbeldor felt a bit under developed compared to the book. Its not perfect but I still give it a 10 because of everything it gets right. The actors seem to all be at their best for the finale with Ralph Fienes as Voldemort giving the best performance for me, the soundtrack is mind blowing and the special effects are stunning as always. This is a masterpiece in my eyes and the franchise could not have gotten much of a better finale. Expand
  30. Aug 25, 2014
    Bringing an extraordinary adventure to a memorable close is no easy feat. The Deathly Hallows is dazzling and, quite possibly, the finest of all eight films. The conclusion is glorious and heartwarming--everything that we needed it to be.
  31. Mar 25, 2012
    This film does exactly what the finale should do which is after watching this, I feel not only enthralled by the movie before me but my appreciation for the other Potter movies built with it
  32. Mar 26, 2012
    The visuals and battle scenes are done well, like you would expect from a Harry Potter film or a grand epic. The movie itself felt like an epic, where battles were going on left and right, body counts were more than expected. However, I wish they had spent more time with some of the more major characters that lost their lives for Harry. They kind of just moved on after mourning for about 2The visuals and battle scenes are done well, like you would expect from a Harry Potter film or a grand epic. The movie itself felt like an epic, where battles were going on left and right, body counts were more than expected. However, I wish they had spent more time with some of the more major characters that lost their lives for Harry. They kind of just moved on after mourning for about 2 seconds. But donâ Expand
  33. Jun 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wish the movies would do the same job in concluding the Harry Potter series when the book did. Yes, it was satisfying, but nothing can beat the book.

As with the changes, I am mostly okay with it but I am still sad because without these changes, the movies would be more funner.

The only change I am not okay with Harry dancing with Hermione in Part 1. David Yates, your Harmione is showing. That is not okay at all. But at least you made it up with Ron and Hermione kissing in Part 2.

The special effects is up-par with this one. Very realistic and breath-taking.

The performances from the cast delivered their swan song to the Harry Potter series. Of course, it seems like the cast were born to play their roles which is great as I will always remember them as their roles.

The pace is action-packed and fast in Part 2. I wished the battle between Harry and Voldemort took place in the Great Hall because I want to see everyone to cheer for Harry.

Lastly, while they did make some cuts, I am glad they did not skim the entire book and it used its two parts wisely.

While it still didn't do justice to the book, the 2-part movie adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will satisfy both the fans of the book and the non-fans, which they will additionally enjoy the character development, performances and the special effects.
  34. Aug 14, 2012
    The Harry Potter saga has been a long and sometimes tedious one. However the final film puts all that behind it and continues with the brilliance that was Part 1 to bring the saga to its stunning conclusion. The good thing about having 2 films for the final book means they could cram more into it, make sure everything they could possibly get in was in, and that is exactly what hasThe Harry Potter saga has been a long and sometimes tedious one. However the final film puts all that behind it and continues with the brilliance that was Part 1 to bring the saga to its stunning conclusion. The good thing about having 2 films for the final book means they could cram more into it, make sure everything they could possibly get in was in, and that is exactly what has happened. Harry Potter is a series everyone should experience from beginning to end even with its stumbles in the middle. Expand
  35. Apr 9, 2012
    I found the film amazing and exiting. I cried when Fred, Remus and Tonks died. I also cant believe that this was the last Harry Potter ever. Well bravo to the cast there will never be a film series so great and fantastic again.
  36. Nov 1, 2013
    "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" ends the Harry Potter series with a spectacular bang of light. Director David Yates completely changes the tense and atmospheric mood from Part 1 to an intense and exciting magical war movie. The film is impressively staged, the script and dialogue has been well-written and this film can easily be nominated as the best Harry Potter movie in"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" ends the Harry Potter series with a spectacular bang of light. Director David Yates completely changes the tense and atmospheric mood from Part 1 to an intense and exciting magical war movie. The film is impressively staged, the script and dialogue has been well-written and this film can easily be nominated as the best Harry Potter movie in the franchise. Expand
  37. May 17, 2012
    The special effects are fantastic, the story is more than perfect, and the epicness and joy of watching the movie is one that I didn't have for a very long time before this came out. What else to expect from a movie? This is perfect.
  38. Jul 5, 2012
    This movie is fantastic.The Hogwarts battle scenes is wonderful.But many magical creatures didn't show up makes me a little bit disappointed.I love the style of the movie.
  39. Jul 12, 2012
    Oh, wow. This movie deserves an 11. It's just so perfect in every way and so satisfying. I have nothing bad to say about it. Absolute masterpiece. Sad to have Harry Potter end, though. What a brilliant movie series!
  40. Jan 18, 2014
    It’s impossible to specifically point out the aspects of the plot I disliked in Deathly Hallows 2 while simultaneously keeping this review devoid of spoilers, although I can say that they mostly concern the deaths of major characters and the newest dei ex machina that J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves got up their sleeves. Not all of them were grave though and in some cases, it’s merely theIt’s impossible to specifically point out the aspects of the plot I disliked in Deathly Hallows 2 while simultaneously keeping this review devoid of spoilers, although I can say that they mostly concern the deaths of major characters and the newest dei ex machina that J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves got up their sleeves. Not all of them were grave though and in some cases, it’s merely the poor adaption of the source material that causes confusion or illogicality. Either way, it impairs what is actually an appropriate denouement to this outstanding huge story and makes the top rating the film’s best moments would definitely rate a no-go. It's far from being a perfect film and that doesn’t change with a handful of unforgettable scenes. Nevertheless, I reckon it to be a very worthy finale for the franchise and, as with the other seven, the flaws just can’t prevent me from rewatching it over and over again. Expand
  41. Jul 29, 2012
    A satisfying ending that is beyond my expectations, the perfect ending to a perfect series, thank you J.K. Rowling once more for a book series that really is a worldwide phenomenon.
  42. Jan 3, 2014
    Um um final emocionante para um das melhores franquias do cinema, com certeza fechou com chave de ouro uma das melhores sagas de fantasia da história.
  43. Nov 10, 2012
    This is the last Potter film. It is basically a giant battle and that is it. There is much fighting, many deaths, and several battles. I like many of the previous Potter's for having a line between fighting and drama between the characters. Here they feel a bit mashed together. This was not the best of the Potter films, but it certainly gave an effort to be. The performances are strong andThis is the last Potter film. It is basically a giant battle and that is it. There is much fighting, many deaths, and several battles. I like many of the previous Potter's for having a line between fighting and drama between the characters. Here they feel a bit mashed together. This was not the best of the Potter films, but it certainly gave an effort to be. The performances are strong and there are familiar faces. The visuals are breath taking and marvelous. It is sad to say goodbye to the gang. I will miss the Potter films. Well done Harry! The series definitely went out on a good note. Expand
  44. Nov 10, 2012
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  45. Dec 21, 2012
    It's hard to put it into words but I thought that this was legit even better than the book. The action sequences were sorten but that's not was makes a good film. Excitement and plot make a good film and that's exactly what the last Harry Potter did.
  46. Nov 28, 2012
    An excellent finish to an excellent franchise. "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2" brings everything home in a spectacular and spellbinding fashion.
  47. Jan 17, 2013
    This is the best Harry Potter movie i've ever seen
  48. May 2, 2015
    To be fair, I never read any of the books, so I can simply judge this based on that. Whether it is loyal to the source material or not is of no consequence to me.

With that said, I really enjoyed this movie. It was fun. Sure it isn't as good as some of the earlier movies, and the acting still OK-ish, but I still thought it was entertaining. I will say I was a little disappointed

I will say I was a little disappointed about who Harry ended up with.

Overall:
    HPatDHpt2 was a great conclusion to the Harry Potter movies. Flawed, but fun.
  49. May 11, 2013
    It is the final epic war of the in-our-hearts franchise that will stay forever! It is great with visuals, story line and the acting, overall a great movie and a powerful ending for an ever lasting series!
  50. Mar 23, 2013
    It was always customary to see in theaters from time to time a new Harry Potter movie. And honestly I only saw this in the cinema, because the final was a successful series so I felt I could perdermlo, for it to look that promised much and that was a good ending to a good series.
    The quality of the actors is incalculable, with its mere presence evokes an air of grandeur worthy of the epic battle that screen presence. Inequality of young players with veterans is evident to steal the attention with mere seconds, even so, it was inevitable to achieve some degree of equality that hopefully eventually succeed in their future careers remedy. A clear example is when Harry discovers that he must die, was to tear the terror is in those moments when you need to exploit by cruel fate, although the interpretation is sound without falling into melodrama, hoping to convey at least some anxiety and not their proprietary attitude calmudez poteriana of us already accustomed for a long time. Needless to say, a lot of passionate kisses that happen to be pinching speaking, that all they convey are laughs from the audience, so, I fail to be epic this film.
    There are too many hits for the tape to receive their deserved recognition. One of many is the battle for Hogwarts, which happens to be attached visual effects spectacle brought to levels that rival the Lord of the Rings, easily could have changed the approach to the massive destruction suffered by the venerable school, but here lies a feature that many other movies they forget when we sell a dozen explosions in exchange of emotions that his characters suffer.
    Is to recognize coherence Rowling to write an ending that does not betray its own rules.
    Director David Yates to retaken every detail of the saga that turns into a memorama of past experiences. If anything has been fortunate to have the public's preferences, at least achieving transcend himself with this duo straps. Unfortunately not everything is magical during his leadership.
    It's time to say goodbye to a magical world like no other. It was not a perfect film saga, Still, like no other Hogwarts. Goodbye Potter.

A good farewell to you.
    My Score: 9.6
  51. Apr 14, 2013
    Entertaining, great special effects, great acting, great writing, great directing, and a flawless ending. This is probably the best finale to a fantasy film series I have ever seen. The ending is more satisfying than anyone could ever hope for. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is all I can really say.
  52. Mar 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OMG, the battle of hogwarts! I waited for this one so long! I almost cried when i saw the title on the begining. It was amazing, but probably not the way i was expecting it to be. I hated that they cut so much! Why they didn't show us how Fred died? Or Lupin? I mean that's what could make this movie more dramatic! It's the end man! When Harry killed Voldemort, why people were so indifferent... especially when he hugged Hagrid i expected him to say something more that "Harry...." what the? He killed the dark Lord man! And why when he found out that he's a Horcruxe and decided to let Voldemort kill him, Ron and Hermione didn't try to stop him? I mean Hermione felt sad when she found out that Harry's dead but i felt like Ron didn't give a about anything! Everything else was GREAT! So i would give this movie a 10/10 because i believe it could be better, but since it's not perfect, my final score is 8/10! Thank you J.K.Rowling for this great saga that i'm going to remember my whole life! Expand
  53. Mar 21, 2013
    I admit it, I haven't read the book (Its like 1000 pages, you done lost your mind). But I know enough from what my class has said about it. Apparently what they've said and the movie aren't the same. It seems as this movie spread into two had no plot in either. At least the others tried and succeded. This one just was basically action. And I'm one of those people who wouldn't mind no realI admit it, I haven't read the book (Its like 1000 pages, you done lost your mind). But I know enough from what my class has said about it. Apparently what they've said and the movie aren't the same. It seems as this movie spread into two had no plot in either. At least the others tried and succeded. This one just was basically action. And I'm one of those people who wouldn't mind no real plot, but the acting I've seen better. I personally think Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader was much more entertaining, and visually better. Plus it had more 'Magic' if you get what Im saying, even without there full cast. Percy Jackson I believe and I actually read all the Percy Jackson books, they made a better movie. Whats wrong with Harry Potter, the acting is less then good. Why do critics praise these movies, Im almost 95% sure non of them have even picked up the book. Part 1 was distant and made the point unclear, part 2 was nothing more then action and effects. Watch if your a fan but no much Expand
  54. Mar 26, 2013
    o melhor filme da serie, que conta o final surpreendente dessa saga, os efeitos especiais são os melhores, a unica coisa que faltou foi um Oscar de melhor maquiagem que foi dado a Dama de Ferro.
  55. Apr 28, 2013
    I know this is my first review,but that doesn't mean I can't say that this is the best movie I have ever seen.This film is a perfect conclusion to the Harry Potter series.
  56. May 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was a great ending to the franchise. The action was awesome it was very much like the book. Although I was very disappointed with Fred's death in this movie. Harry Potter fans unite! Expand
  57. Mar 15, 2014
    A wonderful movie, and if you've ever lost a loved one, you'll truly connect with the emotion in this story. Many people grew up reading and watching the Harry Potter story, and this final movie reaches the peak of maturity in subject matter. It deals with honor, death, love, and sacrifice. Thank you Ms. Rowling for teaching our younger generation these important values.
  58. Jun 11, 2013
    The best Harry potter movie ever made and the best ending of an extraordinary movie series. Felt sad that it actually end. Bye Bye potter
  59. Jun 14, 2013
    An amazing end to a franchise amazing! "Always"

An amazing end to a franchise amazing! "Always"

Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a movie that leaves you breathless, his heart is in his mouth, I take back everything I said when I saw David Yates HP5, he did something great with the last Harry Potter, something I will not be forgotten, the effects are brilliant if deserved the Oscar? YES deserved. A brilliant soundtrack, great cast Daniel Radcliffe showed that is Harry Potter, he saw that this is the movie of Harry, is the end of Harry, and he needed to give his best The script is short and glossy by has missed more than a few scenes, the film is brilliant everything was very well done makeup from the direction of art, a worthy end for a perfect franchise
  60. Jun 25, 2013
    I could watch Harry Potter saga finale over and over again, it is amazing and one of the greatest movies ever made, it is certainly dazzling with effects and action sequences, it is one of the best and again certainly a great epic end to the most lovable series of entertainment ever created.
  61. Nov 26, 2013
    Harry Potter has been the film series of this generation and millions upon millions adore it. I do like them but not to a huge extent. The closing saga is, undoubtedly, the best of the eight but it is not my favourite. What it does do though is deliver a textbook finale and and the end I was satisfied with the movie. Also I should point out I have not read the books so I cannot compare theHarry Potter has been the film series of this generation and millions upon millions adore it. I do like them but not to a huge extent. The closing saga is, undoubtedly, the best of the eight but it is not my favourite. What it does do though is deliver a textbook finale and and the end I was satisfied with the movie. Also I should point out I have not read the books so I cannot compare the two. Good, thrilling action towards the end with excellent portrayals by the actors/actresses. Expand
  62. Jul 9, 2013
    The empowering climatic film of them all, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" manages to pull off a satisfying conclusion, to their fans and to newcomers to come. With dark themes placed towards the end; older audiences are able to enjoy its wonderful turns and visuals. While staying true to the book; its visuals manage to pull it off and will leave you interested, despiteThe empowering climatic film of them all, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" manages to pull off a satisfying conclusion, to their fans and to newcomers to come. With dark themes placed towards the end; older audiences are able to enjoy its wonderful turns and visuals. While staying true to the book; its visuals manage to pull it off and will leave you interested, despite knowing the ending. To put it all in one word would be "Magic" Expand
  63. Jul 20, 2013
    I really liked this movie. I don't care about the books. So if the movie is way too different from the books, I'll be the last one on earth to care. There was a lot of action in this movie, it was just a very good movie to end the series
  64. Jul 14, 2013
    WOW! These are the words that I was thinking in every single scene in this film. Epic is written all over it, adventure and fantasy and heart are all contained within it. This film really does have heart and it brings the entire magical and amazing film series to a close in the best way possible. I love the way the film unfolds, emotionally and epically. The film is under the fineWOW! These are the words that I was thinking in every single scene in this film. Epic is written all over it, adventure and fantasy and heart are all contained within it. This film really does have heart and it brings the entire magical and amazing film series to a close in the best way possible. I love the way the film unfolds, emotionally and epically. The film is under the fine direction of David Yates, with the best acting ensemble ever brought into a film series (boasting for the three leads and Alan Rickman's performance), the visuals are spectacular (as always), the set designs are amazing (as always), the music is magical (Alexandre Desplat really delivers what we need to hear). This film is perfect in every way and is a movie event of a lifetime. Spectacular film. BEST film of the entire series and one of the BEST fantasy films ever made and one of the BEST films ever made. Simply magical. Expand
  65. Feb 19, 2014
    This is the best movie of the Harry Potter film series, because it's so entertaining and it got wonderful scenes that just blows me of!

The first thing I got to say about his movie is the beginning, it's so exciting and gorgeous. This movie got an awesome amount of action, but an calm tempo at the same time which made it wonderful. The story couldn't have been more awesome as it is, because it's so damn good, and the music is wonderful! The actors in this movie are fabulous as usual, and I never got bored at any time.
    Among all the Harry Potter movies does this one stand out, because its so unique and it contains so much unique scenes that I haven't seen before.

The negative thing about this movie is that it might have been to dark scenes, because it was hard to see all the details in the movie. Another bad thing is that the when the movie was in the "climax-stage" it could have been more dramatic scenes, for example more awesome music, even thought the music is awesome in this movie. Another thing that they could have done is that they could have shown us more of Hogwarts in the future. The last thing that bother me is (SPOILER ALERT!) why Harry Potter destroyed the Elder Wand, he could have become the most powerful magician ever, but in the end I understand why he did it.

The ending must have been the best ending ever in all the harry potter movies, it was so touching and sad at the same time, and if I must say, I cried in the end credits! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the best Harry Potter movie ever, and I can watch it over and over without getting bored of it!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 gets a 9/10
  66. Aug 22, 2013
    I really liked this final installment of the Harry Potter saga, action, heartbreak everything you would want from a final movie to this epic saga. I don't know why anyone would hate this movie because this is one for the ages.
  67. Sep 7, 2013
    Should not have tried to make a lot of changes in movie. Not sure if there was cost cutting needed to avoid animation wherever necessary. Even felt that actor actress were not showing maturity (Did not really tried to act)... Overall worst of the series as in adaptation... Climax fight which is very important... shame on you David
  68. Sep 10, 2013
    I loved this movie. Good effects, good actors, all very good! The only thing I did not like was to know that this was the last film in the Harry Potter But as I enjoyed the film give "10 points to Gryffindor!"
  69. Nov 28, 2013
    the last harry potter was the second best harry potter behind the third movie,but it was an epical film.My thanks to David Yates that after all it's an good director.
  70. Oct 24, 2013
    With perfect acting and visually-stunning effects, 'Deathly Hallows: Part II' brings the franchise to a magical and unforgettable conclusion, and may even be the best film of the franchise.
  71. Dec 14, 2013
    The book is a masterpiece, maybe my favourite of all time.... but the film is very disappointing. I give it a 5 (which for me is "bad") only for the performances of actors like Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Emma Watson and others, for the locations and for the special effects because the plot is awful. They've destroyed the best parts (deaths of Voldemort and Bellatrix, Harry'sThe book is a masterpiece, maybe my favourite of all time.... but the film is very disappointing. I give it a 5 (which for me is "bad") only for the performances of actors like Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Emma Watson and others, for the locations and for the special effects because the plot is awful. They've destroyed the best parts (deaths of Voldemort and Bellatrix, Harry's "death" and his meeting with Dumbledore, the end of the power of the Elder Wand...) they've made them in a "popular" version, but believe me, for the lovers of the books this is a shame. Worst Harry Potter's film ever. Expand
  72. Apr 20, 2014
    Yes. Absolutely yes. The perfect ending to a series that spanned a decade. Everything works, from the gut-clenching tension to the exhilarating battle scenes to the poignant moments of closure. The best of the Harry Potter movies, and one of the best films of today's cinema.
  73. Jan 24, 2014
    A powerful ending to one of the most beloved franchises in movie history. Superb acting, powerful tone-throttling music, and a variety of special effects make this a gem for everyone to see.
  74. Mar 5, 2014
    I signed up here because i see such a high number of positive reviews about this movie.What freaking movie did you people see to give it such a good review?I read some comments where people say it was so emotional and it had such a good story and bla bla bla.I'm absolutely baffled.These comments are even coming from book fans.
    This movie had none of the things listed by the comments ive
    This movie had none of the things listed by the comments ive read.I dont know if it is meant to be aimed at fans of the books or non fans but either way it fails miserably.Book fans:leaves out too much story,changes/adds/leaves out scenes.,no emotion or tension.Movie fans:Plot holes,did you understand the hallows and their significance to the story?what was that piece of mirror?who is teddy lupin?how did harry survive in the forest?was snape harrys father?etc etc.
    Where was the built up tension of the battle,we didnt see any deaths so theres no emotion involved.its all just jumping from 1 scene to the next.There was no great hall battle so instead we see harry/voldy chasing around the castle,voldy slapping harry and attacking him with his robes.Neville was made to look stupid for comic relief and voldy hugging draco .Like really?This is a huge battle and is meant to be full of tension and not about throwing in 1 liners.Then we have people turning into confetti and the most anti-climatic ending ever and no celebration and breaking the wand. People actually liked this?
  75. May 4, 2014
    The final film ends on a hugely strong note. This being the best of the series by far. The stars have grown to wonderful actors and actresses. the music is epic. the violence is cool and its sad to see it all end. It was overall a great series that can be revisited over and over again.
  76. Jun 7, 2014
    As Harry Potter is my fav book, it rather hard to give it a low score. Although it has a few faults, I love it to bits. Its storyline is great and Harry is such a loveable character! indeed it deserves a 10 but that would be biased.
  77. Jul 2, 2014
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is a fantastic ending to a loved series. It definitely shines brighter than the first part, especially in the end. It brought tears to my eyes, and that's a sign of a good movie.
  78. Oct 16, 2014
    La última entrega de Harry Potter... no hay palabras para describir lo que sentí en 2011.
    No es la mejor peli de la saga pero estuve en tensión todo el rato, disfrutando cada minuto. Cuando acabó, se podría decir que acabó una etapa de mi vida... No habrá otra saga igual.

PD: para no hacer muchos análisis, las pelis de HP de mejor a peor por orden ascendente (aunque todas son perfectas para mí):

-HP4 (la mas espectacular, la que mas veces he visto y también la mas distraída en mi opinión).

-HP7 P1 (fue la mas curiosa, ni siquiera salía Hogwarts pero fue una maravilla, se me pasó volando). El final es el mas triste de toda la saga.

-HP6 (muchos la critican pero creo que es con la que mas me he reído de todas).

-HP2 (Dobby, el basilisco, el coche volador, la família de Ron, el padre de Malfoy... ¿Hace falta decir más?)

-HP1 (la primera es la primera, la más mágica e inocente, tiene algo que la hace encantadora.)

-HP7 P2 (todo acción, quizás le faltó el humor pero fue muy emocionante, con grandes momentos.)

-HP3 (cambió bastante de las dos primeras, no me gustó tanto pero la trama de los viajes al pasado y los hombres lobo la hacían genial también.)

-HP5 (la mas lenta de todas, con una profesora insoportable pero un tramo final que recompensaba todo lo demás.)

En fin, una saga inolvidable. Imprescindible.
  79. Jul 29, 2014
    This final chapter in the "Harry Potter" saga is a fantasy-genre masterpiece. Even if there's not much behind the plot, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" exploits its wonderful lore and intriguing premise to end(?) the franchise on a high note. Visually stunning, rich in terms of character and story depth, true to the predecessors but original at the same, this second cinematic part utterlyThis final chapter in the "Harry Potter" saga is a fantasy-genre masterpiece. Even if there's not much behind the plot, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" exploits its wonderful lore and intriguing premise to end(?) the franchise on a high note. Visually stunning, rich in terms of character and story depth, true to the predecessors but original at the same, this second cinematic part utterly deserves its universal acclaim. The generic twists and somewhat weak finale are incapable of seriously spoiling the beauty of this spectacle. Expand
  80. Aug 7, 2014
    I could resume this movie in one word: amazing. It was the epic conclusion that all HP fans have awaited for so many years, It has some difference to the book, but then again no movie is exactly like the book. Shows great special effects and it keeps truthful to the book. I don´t know why are some stupid people that give this AMAZING movie a red mark.
  81. Oct 18, 2014
    In Part 2 of the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the Wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here.
  82. Dec 16, 2014
    May be, if I am Producer of this film, I will change the title, it become "The Great Amazing Harry Potter and His Last Story." It's really really the great way to finish the story. Moreover when Harry being in Prof. Dumbledore office to see what in all Severus head-contents, then Dumbledore said to Snape, "Lily! After all this time." Snape answered, "Always". That conversation was soMay be, if I am Producer of this film, I will change the title, it become "The Great Amazing Harry Potter and His Last Story." It's really really the great way to finish the story. Moreover when Harry being in Prof. Dumbledore office to see what in all Severus head-contents, then Dumbledore said to Snape, "Lily! After all this time." Snape answered, "Always". That conversation was so philosophic means, with the few words, it has so much meaning. I just amazed and the same time I was just crying.
    Great Movie. A Thousand applause!
  83. Mar 9, 2015
    An epic final to one of the most beloved sagas of all times.
    Since its inception, the Harry Potter series has gained momentum buy exceeding everybody's expactations, book after book, movie after movie.
    In this concluding film, wee have the battles we all have been waiting for, the moments we've all dreamed of seeing, and the most emotional performance by Allan Rickman. As a book fan, I
    An epic final to one of the most beloved sagas of all times.
    As a book fan, I am a little unsatisfied with the film, leaving out some important details, but nonetheless it kept the books heart witch is what matters in the end. Simply beautiful and sad to see this end
  84. Mar 13, 2015
    As a lifelong Harry Potter fan, this was an incredibly satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest franchises of all time. This is the most action packed film of the series. It's funny, heartbreaking, and the best way to send off the characters we grew up with.
  85. Apr 4, 2015
    this movie are pretty dumb .......................................................and the half-aspect copied from LOTR.......................................not recommended except for kids.
  86. Apr 10, 2015
    i hate this film so much ....................................................................................because they are so annoying for me...............................................................
  87. Apr 23, 2015
    At a mere 130 minutes, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the shortest of the eight films in the Harry Potter series. But for better and worse, it never feels like it. Director David Yates (who helmed the previous three installments of the series as well) and screenwriter Steve Kloves (who scripted all the films except Order Of The Phoenix) start the film exactly where Part 1At a mere 130 minutes, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the shortest of the eight films in the Harry Potter series. But for better and worse, it never feels like it. Director David Yates (who helmed the previous three installments of the series as well) and screenwriter Steve Kloves (who scripted all the films except Order Of The Phoenix) start the film exactly where Part 1 left off, and with the same moody, somber, unrushed tone. But what dragged endlessly in Part 1 simply seems appropriate here, as the story gently reabsorbs viewers before taking off. Then Yates and Kloves ramp the action up to manic levels—even including two cartoonishly brash sequences at the Gringotts bank that hearken back to Chris Columbus’ two Potter films—and find ways to draw out the final battle, extending it beyond J.K. Rowling’s original novel.

At times, that means dipping into surprisingly conventional territory—when Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) and evil wizard Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) take their long-running battle to a room full of creaky, collapse-prone rope-and-wood bridges, the setting feels contrived and generic, equally suited for a Hitchcock drama, a Western, or a modern thriller. And a lengthy siege scene, while grim and thrilling, seems to borrow equally from Ran and The Two Towers. Mostly, though, Yates and Kloves find the grand scope in Rowling’s book, and mine it for all the excitement and pathos it’s worth.

Inevitably, it’ll be worth more to devoted fans. As with Yates’ previous Harry Potter films, Hallows Part 2 skips or rushes a lot of explanation, while also trying to stay faithful to the books by getting as much of their incident on the screen as possible. So the storyline sometimes feels like it’s crammed full of barely relevant events, and sometimes feels stretched thin as the characters make vast leaps of intuition to move the story rapidly forward.

Nonetheless, this is the most epic of the Harry Potter movies, the one that finally dispenses with side-quests and open-ended plotlines and offers up all the final payoffs. That includes satisfying front-and-center roles for too-often-neglected subsidiary actors Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, and Matthew Lewis, as well as a gratifying variety of grand dramatic moments, executed with commitment and style. From an early sequence where Rickman stands in a high tower, coldly surveying the prison camp that Hogwarts has become to a late-film showdown that finds small comic moments among life-or-death conflict, it operates on an intense yet tonally lofty scale suitable for the final act of a series that’s held the world’s attention for more than a decade. Its principal cast members were hired as cute prepubescents and have grown impressively into their adult roles; with this installment, the series itself completes a similarly protracted and rewarding maturation.
  88. Apr 29, 2015
    As a big fan of Harry Potter, I was not disappointed! The epic finale to one of the greatest franchises ever is the best of the movies, it has great action, terrific visual effects, and a very emotional tone to it. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the best Harry Potter movie ever made and one of the best movies ever made!!!!
  89. May 8, 2015
    awful film, just awful and super kiddies with cheesy action and awfully directed by the worst director of all time ( David Yates ). suck it, kids this movie is so cool for kids.

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Jul 18, 2011
    When the movie was over, a young boy sitting behind me said, "That was great!" He was satisfied, and rightly so.
  2. Reviewed by: Shawn Levy
    Jul 14, 2011
    The excellent news is that Yates and company took their time adding visual depth to the film -- they shot it as 3-D -- and the result feels immediate and real and not at all slathered-on.
  3. Reviewed by: Amy Biancolli
    Jul 14, 2011
    The epic and impassioned close that the saga deserves, a sweeping Wagnerian finish that's taut with suspense and wet with emotion.