Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: July 15, 2011
Universal acclaim based on 1479 Ratings
1,238
WATCH NOW
SoobinatonicJan 5, 2017
i still stand by the first 2 were the best. with the new dumbledore came an entirely different personality than he was supposed to have. they followed closer to the books (as close as they could get) cutting out peeves even in his cruciali still stand by the first 2 were the best. with the new dumbledore came an entirely different personality than he was supposed to have. they followed closer to the books (as close as they could get) cutting out peeves even in his crucial role towards the end still irritates me. all in all i finished watching it but it leaves too much empty and forgotten. Expand
Jack97Dec 17, 2016
The Harry Potter franchise ends in the most spectacular way possible. Deathly Hallows Part 2 answers all the questions raised in the previous films leaving you satisfied there, but does not skip on the epic, franchise concluding action youThe Harry Potter franchise ends in the most spectacular way possible. Deathly Hallows Part 2 answers all the questions raised in the previous films leaving you satisfied there, but does not skip on the epic, franchise concluding action you where promised. It's a completely fulfilling experience to a 10 year epic of films. One of the very best battles between good and evil to ever grace the big screen. Expand
FreedomFightersDec 16, 2016
David Yates, you have done it. You have taken one of the most iconic film franchises of all-time (I know, it was a book first, but we're talking about the films themselves) and created a truly fantastic conclusion to the series. Seriously,David Yates, you have done it. You have taken one of the most iconic film franchises of all-time (I know, it was a book first, but we're talking about the films themselves) and created a truly fantastic conclusion to the series. Seriously, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" (I'll shorten that title a bit throughout the review) does not disappoint at all. It's thrilling, it's well-written, it's action-packed, the music is brilliant, the acting is wonderful, the visuals are gorgeous...need I say more? "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" finishes off the "Harry Potter" series in tremendous fashion and is absolutely worth watching, even if you're like me and you never read the books. Expand
MrMovieBuffNov 17, 2016
"It All Ends" is the slogan for the ultimate finale that is 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2', a riveting, exciting and fast-paced finale filled with nothing more than emotional satisfaction. Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) is back,"It All Ends" is the slogan for the ultimate finale that is 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2', a riveting, exciting and fast-paced finale filled with nothing more than emotional satisfaction. Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) is back, along with his best friends; Hermione (Emma Watson) and Ron (Rupert Grint), after escaping the Malfoy's house and moving on from the tragic death of Dobby in the hands of Bellatrix (Helena Bonham Carter), the search for the remaining horcruxes continue.

As their search for the last few horcruxes continue, Harry discovers that Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) is closer to him than he thinks, when they need to get back to Hogwarts to find the remaining horcruxes, they meet a mysterious man who goes by the name Aberforth Dumbledore (Ciaran Hinds), Albus' brother. Aberforth, as it seems, was not very close to his late brother, and raises the suspicion that Albus (Michael Gambon) was not to be trusted as he has kept many secret things from Harry. But Harry claims that he trusted the man he knew. On their way back to Hogwarts, Neville (Matthew Lewis) leads them back, and it seems that the school has become a war zone. Severus Snape (Alan Rickman) has become the headmaster since he killed Dumbledore, and informs the students that if they know Harry's whereabouts and even attempts to help him, they will be punished. Then the war begins, Harry destroys as many of the last remaining horcruxes that he could find, he discovers the truth about one particular Hogwarts professor, and he finally comes face to face with his nemesis, Voldemort. 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2' is a worthy finale to a long running franchise. Director, David Yates has crafted the most exciting movie in the chapter, the most exciting since 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' (2005), and the events unfold in a clean and fast-paced fashion. Fans of the franchise will love what they see. No finale has truly felt more dramatic and emotionally satisfying at the same time... this is the winner of all finales.
gNov 12, 2016
Whenever the final chapter is now adapted, the final chapter is the end of the series which comforts everybody to ever see the last installment of Harry Potter. Every film from the book series has worked well.
DavidTejadaOct 1, 2016
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 reflected the best of the Harry Potter movies. Even it's one of the best science-fiction movies of all time (also talking generally) After a middle disappointing Part 1, the final one comes withHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 reflected the best of the Harry Potter movies. Even it's one of the best science-fiction movies of all time (also talking generally) After a middle disappointing Part 1, the final one comes with more energy, passion and chemistry of the cast. Emma Watson looked terrific even though her participation was a bit less. Makes nostalgia know your favorite characters are leaving the saga, but with an unique and masterpiece deliver. Expand
Muskrat147Jul 30, 2016
A dazzling, suspenseful end to J.K. Rowling's epic saga, Deathly Hallows: Part 2 reaches the peak of the series' maturity, and is filled with emotion, powerful performances, incredible special effects, and a wonderfully brilliant ending.
superbatJul 20, 2016
Even though this movie distances itself from the book, it is still the best in the franchise. I'm a huge fan of the books and I loved the movies (most of them). The acting reaches it's peak in this film. The special effects were really coolEven though this movie distances itself from the book, it is still the best in the franchise. I'm a huge fan of the books and I loved the movies (most of them). The acting reaches it's peak in this film. The special effects were really cool too. This is a cherry-on-top to the best book adaption series ever. Expand
imthenoobJun 16, 2016
Felt rushed and time jumpy. There was no real content with this one and I think that's what makes it so disappointing. You do go in with high hopes for the last film of this epic series and it just doesn't liveup.
Rutger-KikkertJun 5, 2016
Just a flawless movie. Of course you can nitpick, but over all this movie is just a masterpiece. It delivers action, excitement, emotional scenes and it even answers some questions you as a viewer had with the earlier movies. The acting, theJust a flawless movie. Of course you can nitpick, but over all this movie is just a masterpiece. It delivers action, excitement, emotional scenes and it even answers some questions you as a viewer had with the earlier movies. The acting, the writing and the storytelling don't fail at any moment in this visually striking movie. Expand
Aaron_WassermanJun 1, 2016
Excellent movie and memorable finale! Made the whole series worthwhile and is the only time splitting a book into movies thus far even until 2016, that it has worked, and worked well.
aadityamudharApr 17, 2016
To be fair, I never read any of the books, so I can simply judge this based on that. Whether it is loyal to the source material or not is of no consequence to me.

With that said, I really enjoyed this movie. It was fun. Sure it isn't as

With that said, I really enjoyed this movie. It was fun. Sure it isn't as good as some of the earlier movies, and the acting still OK-ish, but I still thought it was entertaining.
AaronWasserman1Mar 26, 2016
geo333Jan 9, 2016
Harry potter last installment is full of action, powerful and satisfying moments that bring the H.P films to a magical conclusion, overall the series as a whole deserves the highest grading as it truly one of the best book to movie adaptions,Harry potter last installment is full of action, powerful and satisfying moments that bring the H.P films to a magical conclusion, overall the series as a whole deserves the highest grading as it truly one of the best book to movie adaptions, but a strong movie series as well. Expand
EpicLadySpongeDec 28, 2015
The best way to end a film series is by suddenly making a movie like this. It's just how you manage to get all the good parts for the conclusion to prepare fans for the next installment.
Michael2971Dec 21, 2015
Hi guys I just want to let you know that the movie is totally AWESOMEEEEE !!! Anyways, I give this 10/10 !
What an awesome ending it also is ! But it's kind of disturbing for kids, so I do not recommend it for kids from the age of 1-8. BYE
TrilobiteGAug 9, 2015
The conclusion to it all. This is how the franchise ended and let me tell you, practically flawless. It is dramatic and sad like the half blood prince and DH part 1, it is spectacularly action packed like goblet of fire and it all justThe conclusion to it all. This is how the franchise ended and let me tell you, practically flawless. It is dramatic and sad like the half blood prince and DH part 1, it is spectacularly action packed like goblet of fire and it all just connects together so very delicately and perfectly that you can't help but praise how well it let the fandom have it's last movie and how peacefully and constructed it ended. Expand
JohnMasterLJul 14, 2015
Brillante, emocionante, divertida, oscura, impactante y única. "The Deathly Hallows Part 2" supera en todos los aspectos a su primera parte, logrando un espectáculo épico para todo el publico. Coloca las 2 partes juntas y obtendrás 4 horas yBrillante, emocionante, divertida, oscura, impactante y única. "The Deathly Hallows Part 2" supera en todos los aspectos a su primera parte, logrando un espectáculo épico para todo el publico. Coloca las 2 partes juntas y obtendrás 4 horas y media de aventura épica y mágica. Harry Potter se une a la gloria de las mejores sagas junto con "Star Wars" o "The Lord of The Rings". Expand
GentM2015Jun 10, 2015
An amazing and magic movie that concludes a series which has defined a whole generation.This movie lives up to the hype and brings us to the end we deserve with amazing Visual Effect,Acting and Direction.Thank you Harry Potter forAn amazing and magic movie that concludes a series which has defined a whole generation.This movie lives up to the hype and brings us to the end we deserve with amazing Visual Effect,Acting and Direction.Thank you Harry Potter for existing,these movies will live forever. Expand
arayblueMay 8, 2015
awful film, just awful and super kiddies with cheesy action and awfully directed by the worst director of all time ( David Yates ). suck it, kids this movie is so cool for kids.
Rox22May 2, 2015

With that said, I really enjoyed this movie. It was fun. Sure it isn't as

I will say I was a little disappointed about who Harry ended up with.

Overall:
HPatDHpt2 was a great conclusion to the Harry Potter movies. Flawed, but fun.
damien_k98Apr 29, 2015
As a big fan of Harry Potter, I was not disappointed! The epic finale to one of the greatest franchises ever is the best of the movies, it has great action, terrific visual effects, and a very emotional tone to it. Harry Potter And TheAs a big fan of Harry Potter, I was not disappointed! The epic finale to one of the greatest franchises ever is the best of the movies, it has great action, terrific visual effects, and a very emotional tone to it. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the best Harry Potter movie ever made and one of the best movies ever made!!!! Expand
MovieManiac83Apr 23, 2015
At a mere 130 minutes, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the shortest of the eight films in the Harry Potter series. But for better and worse, it never feels like it. Director David Yates (who helmed the previous threeAt a mere 130 minutes, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the shortest of the eight films in the Harry Potter series. But for better and worse, it never feels like it. Director David Yates (who helmed the previous three installments of the series as well) and screenwriter Steve Kloves (who scripted all the films except Order Of The Phoenix) start the film exactly where Part 1 left off, and with the same moody, somber, unrushed tone. But what dragged endlessly in Part 1 simply seems appropriate here, as the story gently reabsorbs viewers before taking off. Then Yates and Kloves ramp the action up to manic levels—even including two cartoonishly brash sequences at the Gringotts bank that hearken back to Chris Columbus’ two Potter films—and find ways to draw out the final battle, extending it beyond J.K. Rowling’s original novel.

At times, that means dipping into surprisingly conventional territory—when Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) and evil wizard Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) take their long-running battle to a room full of creaky, collapse-prone rope-and-wood bridges, the setting feels contrived and generic, equally suited for a Hitchcock drama, a Western, or a modern thriller. And a lengthy siege scene, while grim and thrilling, seems to borrow equally from Ran and The Two Towers. Mostly, though, Yates and Kloves find the grand scope in Rowling’s book, and mine it for all the excitement and pathos it’s worth.

Inevitably, it’ll be worth more to devoted fans. As with Yates’ previous Harry Potter films, Hallows Part 2 skips or rushes a lot of explanation, while also trying to stay faithful to the books by getting as much of their incident on the screen as possible. So the storyline sometimes feels like it’s crammed full of barely relevant events, and sometimes feels stretched thin as the characters make vast leaps of intuition to move the story rapidly forward.

Nonetheless, this is the most epic of the Harry Potter movies, the one that finally dispenses with side-quests and open-ended plotlines and offers up all the final payoffs. That includes satisfying front-and-center roles for too-often-neglected subsidiary actors Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, and Matthew Lewis, as well as a gratifying variety of grand dramatic moments, executed with commitment and style. From an early sequence where Rickman stands in a high tower, coldly surveying the prison camp that Hogwarts has become to a late-film showdown that finds small comic moments among life-or-death conflict, it operates on an intense yet tonally lofty scale suitable for the final act of a series that’s held the world’s attention for more than a decade. Its principal cast members were hired as cute prepubescents and have grown impressively into their adult roles; with this installment, the series itself completes a similarly protracted and rewarding maturation.
lordwingsApr 10, 2015
i hate this film so much ....................................................................................because they are so annoying for me...............................................................
lordargoApr 4, 2015
this movie are pretty dumb .......................................................and the half-aspect copied from LOTR.......................................not recommended except for kids.
CameraBounceGodMar 16, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this movie was great but i felt like it wasn't for adults...and instead it was for teens who are not adults yet.....anyway......the black kid there seems forced ....wade actually thought it was the other fat kid.....for a second there......whats abloody diadem.....i wanted malfoy to steal the diadem...just kidding....the ghost scene was pretty bad i thought....but its all good......voldemort was pissed there at the end there.....if we die for this im gonna kill you is lame......the kicking of the horcrux was badass.....he doesn'tseem to even want to keep nagini safe any more....before the night is out he will come to me...why does voldemort know that **** excellent question....maybe hes scene it in a vision....but didn't know about the way harry can come back from heaven....which i actually forget right now so i don't blame him.....LOL Expand
crovieliciousMar 13, 2015
I absolutely hated this film. To be fair i like fantasy and sci-fi film but this is not fantasy film this is baby film. The story totally stolen from LOtR. Destroyed horcrux - destroyed the one ring. This rip - off well deserved got ratingI absolutely hated this film. To be fair i like fantasy and sci-fi film but this is not fantasy film this is baby film. The story totally stolen from LOtR. Destroyed horcrux - destroyed the one ring. This rip - off well deserved got rating -10/10 but 0 is the lowest rating. Expand
homer4presidentMar 13, 2015
As a lifelong Harry Potter fan, this was an incredibly satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest franchises of all time. This is the most action packed film of the series. It's funny, heartbreaking, and the best way to send off theAs a lifelong Harry Potter fan, this was an incredibly satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest franchises of all time. This is the most action packed film of the series. It's funny, heartbreaking, and the best way to send off the characters we grew up with. Expand
LOTRfanMar 13, 2015
Pretty dissapointed conclusion to end mediocre sagas of all time. Yes all harry potter films are mediocre and so bad adaptation. I love fantasy and sci-fi film but what's this ? I really hope the battle are more bigger and spectacular butPretty dissapointed conclusion to end mediocre sagas of all time. Yes all harry potter films are mediocre and so bad adaptation. I love fantasy and sci-fi film but what's this ? I really hope the battle are more bigger and spectacular but that's only dream. I more prefer read the book than watching this movie. Expand
Obby360Mar 9, 2015
An epic final to one of the most beloved sagas of all times.
Since its inception, the Harry Potter series has gained momentum buy exceeding everybody's expactations, book after book, movie after movie.
In this concluding film, wee have the
An epic final to one of the most beloved sagas of all times.
In this concluding film, wee have the battles we all have been waiting for, the moments we've all dreamed of seeing, and the most emotional performance by Allan Rickman.
As a book fan, I am a little unsatisfied with the film, leaving out some important details, but nonetheless it kept the books heart witch is what matters in the end. Simply beautiful and sad to see this end
starwooowMar 8, 2015
very bad film. seriously every element from this film are chessy except music score. it just doesn't deserve got high rating. the effects battle really totally trash if you compare with some movie has great visual such as star wars or thevery bad film. seriously every element from this film are chessy except music score. it just doesn't deserve got high rating. the effects battle really totally trash if you compare with some movie has great visual such as star wars or the lord of the rings. only one character have a good acting, that is Alan Rickman the rest not. Expand
andreekaMar 6, 2015
probably the second worst film ever made. the battle of hogwarts is extremely dull, the visual is so chessy in 2011 plus the duel between harry vs voldemort are pretty dissapoinment. i walked out from cinema before this movie end
DBPirate1129Jan 11, 2015
The epic thrilling conclusion to the Harry Potter series. It has amazing visuals, fantastic acting, wild thrills, and there are no scenes that you'll find drag on and on. Easily the best installment.
wawanDec 16, 2014
May be, if I am Producer of this film, I will change the title, it become "The Great Amazing Harry Potter and His Last Story." It's really really the great way to finish the story. Moreover when Harry being in Prof. Dumbledore office to seeMay be, if I am Producer of this film, I will change the title, it become "The Great Amazing Harry Potter and His Last Story." It's really really the great way to finish the story. Moreover when Harry being in Prof. Dumbledore office to see what in all Severus head-contents, then Dumbledore said to Snape, "Lily! After all this time." Snape answered, "Always". That conversation was so philosophic means, with the few words, it has so much meaning. I just amazed and the same time I was just crying.
Great Movie. A Thousand applause!
TokyochuchuDec 14, 2014
The Harry Potter franchise is one of the finest ever created, right up there with the likes of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. As the closing chapter, the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 is unmissable yet as a standalone film, it is also possiblyThe Harry Potter franchise is one of the finest ever created, right up there with the likes of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. As the closing chapter, the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 is unmissable yet as a standalone film, it is also possibly the weakest in the series. There are certainly some highlights, including the biggest tearjerker of the series, but too many major incidents are covered in too little time. Oh wow... This major character just died... But no time to register that properly because we've got to move onto another battle scene. This leads Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 to feel a bit rushed and also somewhat lacking in characterization. Expand
SythusRATINGSOct 18, 2014
In Part 2 of the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the Wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make theIn Part 2 of the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the Wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here. Expand
CPD98Oct 16, 2014
La última entrega de Harry Potter... no hay palabras para describir lo que sentí en 2011.
No es la mejor peli de la saga pero estuve en tensión todo el rato, disfrutando cada minuto. Cuando acabó, se podría decir que acabó una etapa de mi vida... No habrá otra saga igual.

PD: para no hacer muchos análisis, las pelis de HP de mejor a peor por orden ascendente (aunque todas son perfectas para mí):

-HP4 (la mas espectacular, la que mas veces he visto y también la mas distraída en mi opinión).

-HP7 P1 (fue la mas curiosa, ni siquiera salía Hogwarts pero fue una maravilla, se me pasó volando). El final es el mas triste de toda la saga.

-HP6 (muchos la critican pero creo que es con la que mas me he reído de todas).

-HP2 (Dobby, el basilisco, el coche volador, la família de Ron, el padre de Malfoy... ¿Hace falta decir más?)

-HP1 (la primera es la primera, la más mágica e inocente, tiene algo que la hace encantadora.)

-HP7 P2 (todo acción, quizás le faltó el humor pero fue muy emocionante, con grandes momentos.)

-HP3 (cambió bastante de las dos primeras, no me gustó tanto pero la trama de los viajes al pasado y los hombres lobo la hacían genial también.)

-HP5 (la mas lenta de todas, con una profesora insoportable pero un tramo final que recompensaba todo lo demás.)

En fin, una saga inolvidable. Imprescindible.
beingryanjudeAug 25, 2014
Bringing an extraordinary adventure to a memorable close is no easy feat. The Deathly Hallows is dazzling and, quite possibly, the finest of all eight films. The conclusion is glorious and heartwarming--everything that we needed it to be.
oxanaAug 24, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It has been a while since I read the last book (before seeing the last past of "the Deathly Hallows"). That is why I couldn't really recall everything that happened on the pages, and that may or may not have helped while watching this movie.

There was plenty of action in this movie. However, it seemed the focus teetered and stumbled a bit: especially during the last battle at Hogwarts, many familiar characters were shown, but very briefly at places. That made the movie lose its emotional charge. A lot of the action fast forwarded a lot, not allowing the plot to build itself.

Until this day I don't quite understand how Harry died and came back - or where he went before coming back. Even while reading the book that was a bit unclear to me. Maybe I just skipped some important clue, I don't know. Another strange thing is Voldemort's final demise. It seemed so easy in the end.

The acting was okay, but due to the inability to focus on any character or their story, it felt like a wasted effort. Especially "Prince's Tale" that I heard a lot of hype about was just a jumbled cluster of random images from here and there, and I felt very disappointed with it. I had waited such a long time to see Alan Rickman as Snape again, after all, and what we had here was just a glimpse of the greatness he could have produced on screen.

I noticed a different theme in the beginning - and loved it. I think I'll have to get the soundtrack of this movie.

A big applause for the poor Gringotts dragon! Very well made, that one.

All in all not my favorite part in the series. Better than part one of the last movie, but they both have definite faults that keep me from liking them more.
SandCharm17076Aug 7, 2014
I could resume this movie in one word: amazing. It was the epic conclusion that all HP fans have awaited for so many years, It has some difference to the book, but then again no movie is exactly like the book. Shows great special effects andI could resume this movie in one word: amazing. It was the epic conclusion that all HP fans have awaited for so many years, It has some difference to the book, but then again no movie is exactly like the book. Shows great special effects and it keeps truthful to the book. I don´t know why are some stupid people that give this AMAZING movie a red mark. Expand
TwirkkhuJul 2, 2014
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is a fantastic ending to a loved series. It definitely shines brighter than the first part, especially in the end. It brought tears to my eyes, and that's a sign of a good movie.
JrAgujaIsAGleekJun 30, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wish the movies would do the same job in concluding the Harry Potter series when the book did. Yes, it was satisfying, but nothing can beat the book.

As with the changes, I am mostly okay with it but I am still sad because without these changes, the movies would be more funner.

The only change I am not okay with Harry dancing with Hermione in Part 1. David Yates, your Harmione is showing. That is not okay at all. But at least you made it up with Ron and Hermione kissing in Part 2.

The special effects is up-par with this one. Very realistic and breath-taking.

The performances from the cast delivered their swan song to the Harry Potter series. Of course, it seems like the cast were born to play their roles which is great as I will always remember them as their roles.

The pace is action-packed and fast in Part 2. I wished the battle between Harry and Voldemort took place in the Great Hall because I want to see everyone to cheer for Harry.

Lastly, while they did make some cuts, I am glad they did not skim the entire book and it used its two parts wisely.

While it still didn't do justice to the book, the 2-part movie adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will satisfy both the fans of the book and the non-fans, which they will additionally enjoy the character development, performances and the special effects.
ginervaweasleyJun 7, 2014
As Harry Potter is my fav book, it rather hard to give it a low score. Although it has a few faults, I love it to bits. Its storyline is great and Harry is such a loveable character! indeed it deserves a 10 but that would be biased.
AaronWasserman2May 4, 2014
The final film ends on a hugely strong note. This being the best of the series by far. The stars have grown to wonderful actors and actresses. the music is epic. the violence is cool and its sad to see it all end. It was overall a greatThe final film ends on a hugely strong note. This being the best of the series by far. The stars have grown to wonderful actors and actresses. the music is epic. the violence is cool and its sad to see it all end. It was overall a great series that can be revisited over and over again. Expand
ardania22Apr 20, 2014
Yes. Absolutely yes. The perfect ending to a series that spanned a decade. Everything works, from the gut-clenching tension to the exhilarating battle scenes to the poignant moments of closure. The best of the Harry Potter movies, and one ofYes. Absolutely yes. The perfect ending to a series that spanned a decade. Everything works, from the gut-clenching tension to the exhilarating battle scenes to the poignant moments of closure. The best of the Harry Potter movies, and one of the best films of today's cinema. Expand
Pranay6Mar 15, 2014
A wonderful movie, and if you've ever lost a loved one, you'll truly connect with the emotion in this story. Many people grew up reading and watching the Harry Potter story, and this final movie reaches the peak of maturity in subject matter.A wonderful movie, and if you've ever lost a loved one, you'll truly connect with the emotion in this story. Many people grew up reading and watching the Harry Potter story, and this final movie reaches the peak of maturity in subject matter. It deals with honor, death, love, and sacrifice. Thank you Ms. Rowling for teaching our younger generation these important values. Expand
Guest10Mar 5, 2014
I signed up here because i see such a high number of positive reviews about this movie.What freaking movie did you people see to give it such a good review?I read some comments where people say it was so emotional and it had such a good storyI signed up here because i see such a high number of positive reviews about this movie.What freaking movie did you people see to give it such a good review?I read some comments where people say it was so emotional and it had such a good story and bla bla bla.I'm absolutely baffled.These comments are even coming from book fans.
This movie had none of the things listed by the comments ive read.I dont know if it is meant to be aimed at fans of the books or non fans but either way it fails miserably.Book fans:leaves out too much story,changes/adds/leaves out scenes.,no emotion or tension.Movie fans:Plot holes,did you understand the hallows and their significance to the story?what was that piece of mirror?who is teddy lupin?how did harry survive in the forest?was snape harrys father?etc etc.
Where was the built up tension of the battle,we didnt see any deaths so theres no emotion involved.its all just jumping from 1 scene to the next.There was no great hall battle so instead we see harry/voldy chasing around the castle,voldy slapping harry and attacking him with his robes.Neville was made to look stupid for comic relief and voldy hugging draco .Like really?This is a huge battle and is meant to be full of tension and not about throwing in 1 liners.Then we have people turning into confetti and the most anti-climatic ending ever and no celebration and breaking the wand. People actually liked this?
TheApplegnomeFeb 19, 2014
This is the best movie of the Harry Potter film series, because it's so entertaining and it got wonderful scenes that just blows me of!

The first thing I got to say about his movie is the beginning, it's so exciting and gorgeous. This movie got an awesome amount of action, but an calm tempo at the same time which made it wonderful. The story couldn't have been more awesome as it is, because it's so damn good, and the music is wonderful! The actors in this movie are fabulous as usual, and I never got bored at any time.
Among all the Harry Potter movies does this one stand out, because its so unique and it contains so much unique scenes that I haven't seen before.

The negative thing about this movie is that it might have been to dark scenes, because it was hard to see all the details in the movie. Another bad thing is that the when the movie was in the "climax-stage" it could have been more dramatic scenes, for example more awesome music, even thought the music is awesome in this movie. Another thing that they could have done is that they could have shown us more of Hogwarts in the future. The last thing that bother me is (SPOILER ALERT!) why Harry Potter destroyed the Elder Wand, he could have become the most powerful magician ever, but in the end I understand why he did it.

The ending must have been the best ending ever in all the harry potter movies, it was so touching and sad at the same time, and if I must say, I cried in the end credits! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the best Harry Potter movie ever, and I can watch it over and over without getting bored of it!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 gets a 9/10
TimeOfTheChimpsJan 24, 2014
A powerful ending to one of the most beloved franchises in movie history. Superb acting, powerful tone-throttling music, and a variety of special effects make this a gem for everyone to see.
axelkochJan 18, 2014
It’s impossible to specifically point out the aspects of the plot I disliked in Deathly Hallows 2 while simultaneously keeping this review devoid of spoilers, although I can say that they mostly concern the deaths of major characters and theIt’s impossible to specifically point out the aspects of the plot I disliked in Deathly Hallows 2 while simultaneously keeping this review devoid of spoilers, although I can say that they mostly concern the deaths of major characters and the newest dei ex machina that J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves got up their sleeves. Not all of them were grave though and in some cases, it’s merely the poor adaption of the source material that causes confusion or illogicality. Either way, it impairs what is actually an appropriate denouement to this outstanding huge story and makes the top rating the film’s best moments would definitely rate a no-go. It's far from being a perfect film and that doesn’t change with a handful of unforgettable scenes. Nevertheless, I reckon it to be a very worthy finale for the franchise and, as with the other seven, the flaws just can’t prevent me from rewatching it over and over again. Expand
Iky009Jan 3, 2014
Um um final emocionante para um das melhores franquias do cinema, com certeza fechou com chave de ouro uma das melhores sagas de fantasia da história.
JimbeiDec 14, 2013
The book is a masterpiece, maybe my favourite of all time.... but the film is very disappointing. I give it a 5 (which for me is "bad") only for the performances of actors like Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Emma Watson and others, forThe book is a masterpiece, maybe my favourite of all time.... but the film is very disappointing. I give it a 5 (which for me is "bad") only for the performances of actors like Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Emma Watson and others, for the locations and for the special effects because the plot is awful. They've destroyed the best parts (deaths of Voldemort and Bellatrix, Harry's "death" and his meeting with Dumbledore, the end of the power of the Elder Wand...) they've made them in a "popular" version, but believe me, for the lovers of the books this is a shame. Worst Harry Potter's film ever. Expand
joao1198pedroNov 28, 2013
the last harry potter was the second best harry potter behind the third movie,but it was an epical film.My thanks to David Yates that after all it's an good director.
SamSkNov 26, 2013
Harry Potter has been the film series of this generation and millions upon millions adore it. I do like them but not to a huge extent. The closing saga is, undoubtedly, the best of the eight but it is not my favourite. What it does do thoughHarry Potter has been the film series of this generation and millions upon millions adore it. I do like them but not to a huge extent. The closing saga is, undoubtedly, the best of the eight but it is not my favourite. What it does do though is deliver a textbook finale and and the end I was satisfied with the movie. Also I should point out I have not read the books so I cannot compare the two. Good, thrilling action towards the end with excellent portrayals by the actors/actresses. Expand
OfficialNov 1, 2013
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" ends the Harry Potter series with a spectacular bang of light. Director David Yates completely changes the tense and atmospheric mood from Part 1 to an intense and exciting magical war movie. The"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" ends the Harry Potter series with a spectacular bang of light. Director David Yates completely changes the tense and atmospheric mood from Part 1 to an intense and exciting magical war movie. The film is impressively staged, the script and dialogue has been well-written and this film can easily be nominated as the best Harry Potter movie in the franchise. Expand
nickrovertOct 24, 2013
With perfect acting and visually-stunning effects, 'Deathly Hallows: Part II' brings the franchise to a magical and unforgettable conclusion, and may even be the best film of the franchise.
biggie321hpOct 11, 2013
One of the greatest films ever made, period. It is absolutely incredible, and every moment was epic. It was sad to see these characters grow up, but great at the same time. My personal favorite Potter movie, and one of my all-time favorite films.
GRodriguesSep 10, 2013
I loved this movie. Good effects, good actors, all very good! The only thing I did not like was to know that this was the last film in the Harry Potter But as I enjoyed the film give "10 points to Gryffindor!"
Movie1997Sep 8, 2013
I never thought that the conclusion to a beloved series would end as magnificently as it did. Part 2 of the big finale really delivers. It's action-packed, heart-felt, dramatic and thrilling the whole way through. It delivers in bringing backI never thought that the conclusion to a beloved series would end as magnificently as it did. Part 2 of the big finale really delivers. It's action-packed, heart-felt, dramatic and thrilling the whole way through. It delivers in bringing back old quality Harry Potter feel and delivering new quality Harry Potter feel that doesn't withdraw from the movie. I've seen this so many times. It's FREAKING FANTASTIC! Be sure to check out my YouTube channel, "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies. Expand
HariharanVSep 7, 2013
Should not have tried to make a lot of changes in movie. Not sure if there was cost cutting needed to avoid animation wherever necessary. Even felt that actor actress were not showing maturity (Did not really tried to act)... Overall worstShould not have tried to make a lot of changes in movie. Not sure if there was cost cutting needed to avoid animation wherever necessary. Even felt that actor actress were not showing maturity (Did not really tried to act)... Overall worst of the series as in adaptation... Climax fight which is very important... shame on you David Expand
Saggarwal20Aug 22, 2013
I really liked this final installment of the Harry Potter saga, action, heartbreak everything you would want from a final movie to this epic saga. I don't know why anyone would hate this movie because this is one for the ages.
Ashley1998Aug 17, 2013
What an outstanding end to such a brilliant film series, excellent acting, great scenery, great acting, extremely interesting and exciting start to finish.
ReviewCenterAug 5, 2013
This movie can't possibly had been made any worse. Terrible conclusion, but the way David Yates films had been going it was predictable how bad this one really turned out.
XzRecolzJul 20, 2013
I really liked this movie. I don't care about the books. So if the movie is way too different from the books, I'll be the last one on earth to care. There was a lot of action in this movie, it was just a very good movie to end the series
StevenFJul 17, 2013
Quite the anticipation and excitement surrounded the eighth and last film of the Harry Potter franchise, but personally I was also hit with the realisation that this was the finale, the curtain call and the last song and dance for ourQuite the anticipation and excitement surrounded the eighth and last film of the Harry Potter franchise, but personally I was also hit with the realisation that this was the finale, the curtain call and the last song and dance for our favourite wizarding heroes.
The final film simply ties up almost everything, its a chance for the viewers to jog their memory to all those years ago, to be re-introduced to characters who may have been missing in previous entries. It also sets the stage for one of the most spectacular battles of the series, and in many others. Harry, played for the final time by the brooding but very much grown up Daniel Radcliffe, needs answers to all his lingering questions, and its quite fitting that it should all come to head where the Boy Who Lived calls home, Hogwarts.
Without going into too much detail, Harry, while still unsure exactly how to defeat Lord Voldemort, is rapidly closing in on the answers he seeks. Not without the company of Ron and Hermione, the three embark on various callbacks to all the previous films, Gringotts bank, Hogsmeade and of course the Chamber of Secrets. The whole film is brimming with excitable characters, unlikely heroes and bright colours to light up the darkening sky.
But as it goes, tragedy continues to loom, and the final film is a true bloodbath, some unknown, many loveable and sorely missed. The argument being that they were fighting for the safety of themselves as well as Harry, because when Hogwarts is truly lit up like the 4th of July, nobody is safe. In terms of this, the special effects and heavy battle scenes are as brilliant and mesmerising as they have ever been, capturing the imagination inside the head of JK Rowling and putting it on the screen in spectacular fashion.
One cannot forget the performances, and again it is the older cast who run away with the rights to say they were the best, Alan Rickman, who has been there since day one as the dark, mysterious and often thorn in the side Severus Snape, truly has his finest hour, showing another side to this character that we have never seen before, and boasting the talents of this phenomenal actor. Ralph Fiennes is quite frightening, more so than ever as Lord Voldemort, his silent striding, his peaceful but snap of the fingers change in tone of voice is enough to keep you up, and he really outlines why so much more fun can be had being the big bad.
Maggie Smith and Julie Walters deservedly have much more screen time, with some comic tone but also a true sense of their magical background on show.
The series could not have had a better goodbye, combining everything it is known for, and throwing in surprises along the way, we have grown up with the three leads, and the closing scenes of the film remark just how long, dark but also cheerful and entertaining the journey has been, reminding us that this is more than likely the last time we see these characters, but what a farewell indeed.
DibbHansenJul 14, 2013
WOW! These are the words that I was thinking in every single scene in this film. Epic is written all over it, adventure and fantasy and heart are all contained within it. This film really does have heart and it brings the entire magicalWOW! These are the words that I was thinking in every single scene in this film. Epic is written all over it, adventure and fantasy and heart are all contained within it. This film really does have heart and it brings the entire magical and amazing film series to a close in the best way possible. I love the way the film unfolds, emotionally and epically. The film is under the fine direction of David Yates, with the best acting ensemble ever brought into a film series (boasting for the three leads and Alan Rickman's performance), the visuals are spectacular (as always), the set designs are amazing (as always), the music is magical (Alexandre Desplat really delivers what we need to hear). This film is perfect in every way and is a movie event of a lifetime. Spectacular film. BEST film of the entire series and one of the BEST fantasy films ever made and one of the BEST films ever made. Simply magical. Expand
deekanJul 13, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warning: Starts a bit b*tchy, deeper critiques later on.. Coming from a book reader standpoint: completely insulting. The end "battle" between Voldemort and Harry felt like a slap in the face. Why did it have to have a battle. The whole point the book tries to make is Harry never attacks Voldemort, and never outright kills him. (In the books) Their very tense last conversation as they circle each other down to the ray of light cutting across the sky was absolutely breathtaking to read. Whereas in the film, they have a full minute hugathon battle across Hogwarts and climaxed in a game of "Just the Tip" with their wands. Other things that bugged me: cartooning Bellatrix's death was just silly. The movie canon never mentioned Lupin and Tonks ever having a child so why did the act like he did at the end? It must of confused non-book readers, same goes for Sirius' mirror shard. Fred's death off-screen (its on screen in the book). Why do all the minor actors in this series like Xenophilius Lovegood (HPDH part 1) and the actress who plays The Grey Lady have to shout out suddenly and randomly in order to convey emotions, it's almost like the creators felt as though the audience would be too unintelligent to figure out what emotion the actors are feeling or the actors were not good at their parts. And finally simply breaking the UNBEATABLE wand in half like it is really just a twig. I would have liked to give it a better score than a 3 but this movie left me feeling really dead inside, and not because the series was over. I cannot even read the books anymore, which saddens me greatly. And if a movie can have that kind of negative effect on my life, I feel I have to give it what I give it. I know many love it, even the book readers. There are good some things I have to give them props for being topnotch (visual effect and minor things) with its huge budget and all that keep it from a 1 which is what I want to give it Non-book readers no doubt found it spectacular, but I can't, in good conscience, give it a better score. The books had been an vast part of my life since I was eight (1999), and the film completely broke me for awhile and there is nothing more that I can say than that. Expand
JaredJul 12, 2013
The magic is back, but it's not better than ever, it's just more surprising than ever. It's certainly a step up in terms of filmmaking from Part 1 to Part 2. However, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has no sense for ambition.The magic is back, but it's not better than ever, it's just more surprising than ever. It's certainly a step up in terms of filmmaking from Part 1 to Part 2. However, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has no sense for ambition. There's no risk for success. David Yates just gives us a very safe, but well-made 2nd part and respectfully final chapter to the Harry Potter franchise. I just didn't feel the emotion in the end. The tone an the visual all seems much more stirring and captivating. The story, especially, offers an eye full. Part 2 offers unexpectedly deep, perspective-altering and jaw-dropping surprises that'll throw you for a whirlwind of tears and sensible realization. Highly gripping, sentimental, and staggering levels of entertainment is brought to the big screen, and it's irresistible. Yet, the movie disappointingly doesn't go beyond it's comfort zone for success to achieve something spectacular. It just satisfies. The ending, as it did follow the book, is lazily executed and mistakingly ignores the small, reoccuring and culturally mirculous elements evident in each of the previous 6 films' conclusions. Instead Yates justified his ending on the book's. His job is to satisfy the books needs, but also the film's needs and especially in that area of delivery. As a conclusion it needs to reminisce, bring full circle, and revisit the visual elements of the previous films or else those elements meant nothing in developing any form of matter in the story visually, since they are there for the sole purpose to give the Potter universe it's final scene signature. It's how you bring together and conclude a series of films in a complete manner. But David decides to ignore those things and make the ending just fine. But for the biggest, grandest, and most successful movie franchise of all time (despite Star Wars), it didn't do it justice.

Altogether, this is a very enjoyable Harry Potter movie. A fun, emotional, and magical ride right until the end. Highly entertaining with an epic score, a breathtaking climax in the middle of the film, and a soul-shivering vision. The two parts combine the best Harry Potter film to date, but separately as they are, they are individual PARTS of a large movie, but still individual movies, and need to be treated like that. By themselves there are standard Potter movies with one of the most unique instalments (Part 1). Part 2 is striving for, and at times thinks it's achieving, greatness. In the thick of things, it truthfully reaches wonders. But in it's ultimate delivery, it plays it extremely safe and in hindsight, it only did what the book asked. It didn't take the material and visualize it on an ambitious level. It may feel, look, and appear so and it does in the movies high points. But still that's what the book asked it to do. It plays it safe, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's still good. But applaud Rowling for her story and only nod at Yates' vision. Be entertained, but don't expect wonder.
Annoymous1Jul 10, 2013
Just watching this gets me teary-eyed. It's really sad to see Harry go, and just seeing Fred die, and Lupin and Snape and all the good guys die is depressing, but the movie was an absolute success, please bring back Harry!
jeff_reviewsJul 9, 2013
The empowering climatic film of them all, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" manages to pull off a satisfying conclusion, to their fans and to newcomers to come. With dark themes placed towards the end; older audiences are able toThe empowering climatic film of them all, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" manages to pull off a satisfying conclusion, to their fans and to newcomers to come. With dark themes placed towards the end; older audiences are able to enjoy its wonderful turns and visuals. While staying true to the book; its visuals manage to pull it off and will leave you interested, despite knowing the ending. To put it all in one word would be "Magic" Expand
MovieMan12Jun 28, 2013
Total crap along with the majority of these other horrible Potter movies. BOOO. acting was laughable and Rupert should be given an award for being a worthless fool.
AReviewsJun 25, 2013
I could watch Harry Potter saga finale over and over again, it is amazing and one of the greatest movies ever made, it is certainly dazzling with effects and action sequences, it is one of the best and again certainly a great epic end to theI could watch Harry Potter saga finale over and over again, it is amazing and one of the greatest movies ever made, it is certainly dazzling with effects and action sequences, it is one of the best and again certainly a great epic end to the most lovable series of entertainment ever created. Expand
BrunoADJun 14, 2013
An amazing end to a franchise amazing! "Always"

An amazing end to a franchise amazing! "Always"

Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a movie that leaves you breathless, his heart is in his mouth, I take back everything I said when I saw David Yates HP5, he did something great with the last Harry Potter, something I will not be forgotten, the effects are brilliant if deserved the Oscar? YES deserved. A brilliant soundtrack, great cast Daniel Radcliffe showed that is Harry Potter, he saw that this is the movie of Harry, is the end of Harry, and he needed to give his best The script is short and glossy by has missed more than a few scenes, the film is brilliant everything was very well done makeup from the direction of art, a worthy end for a perfect franchise
KivaJun 11, 2013
The best Harry potter movie ever made and the best ending of an extraordinary movie series. Felt sad that it actually end. Bye Bye potter
MalevolentMay 31, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was a great ending to the franchise. The action was awesome it was very much like the book. Although I was very disappointed with Fred's death in this movie. Harry Potter fans unite! Expand
ascoltami86May 27, 2013
Why will I like this The characters are horrible, all protagonist and antagonist. Harry Potter wear unattractive looks with glasses, and fight by magic sticks, flying around by bloom. I don't like tough guy, macho, huge muscleWhy will I like this The characters are horrible, all protagonist and antagonist. Harry Potter wear unattractive looks with glasses, and fight by magic sticks, flying around by bloom. I don't like tough guy, macho, huge muscle protagonist, I like characters who are physically weak with weak weapon. But I still don't like this. I like protagonist like from most horror movies and mafia movies like Scarface, and Training Day. Expand
gvk123May 19, 2013
This final film is the most adult of the series, as well as the most violent, and emotionally compelling film of the series. It's a fantastic and fitting end to an always reliable film series. I enjoyed this movie immensely and mustThis final film is the most adult of the series, as well as the most violent, and emotionally compelling film of the series. It's a fantastic and fitting end to an always reliable film series. I enjoyed this movie immensely and must categorically state that it's the best film of the entire series. Expand
HaithamBayazeedMay 11, 2013
It is the final epic war of the in-our-hearts franchise that will stay forever! It is great with visuals, story line and the acting, overall a great movie and a powerful ending for an ever lasting series!
ICEExMagicApr 28, 2013
I know this is my first review,but that doesn't mean I can't say that this is the best movie I have ever seen.This film is a perfect conclusion to the Harry Potter series.
mds03Apr 14, 2013
Entertaining, great special effects, great acting, great writing, great directing, and a flawless ending. This is probably the best finale to a fantasy film series I have ever seen. The ending is more satisfying than anyone could ever hopeEntertaining, great special effects, great acting, great writing, great directing, and a flawless ending. This is probably the best finale to a fantasy film series I have ever seen. The ending is more satisfying than anyone could ever hope for. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is all I can really say. Expand
SEROJMar 28, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OMG, the battle of hogwarts! I waited for this one so long! I almost cried when i saw the title on the begining. It was amazing, but probably not the way i was expecting it to be. I hated that they cut so much! Why they didn't show us how Fred died? Or Lupin? I mean that's what could make this movie more dramatic! It's the end man! When Harry killed Voldemort, why people were so indifferent... especially when he hugged Hagrid i expected him to say something more that "Harry...." what the? He killed the dark Lord man! And why when he found out that he's a Horcruxe and decided to let Voldemort kill him, Ron and Hermione didn't try to stop him? I mean Hermione felt sad when she found out that Harry's dead but i felt like Ron didn't give a about anything! Everything else was GREAT! So i would give this movie a 10/10 because i believe it could be better, but since it's not perfect, my final score is 8/10! Thank you J.K.Rowling for this great saga that i'm going to remember my whole life! Expand
MarkosviniMar 26, 2013
o melhor filme da serie, que conta o final surpreendente dessa saga, os efeitos especiais são os melhores, a unica coisa que faltou foi um Oscar de melhor maquiagem que foi dado a Dama de Ferro.
forestvilleMar 23, 2013
It was always customary to see in theaters from time to time a new Harry Potter movie. And honestly I only saw this in the cinema, because the final was a successful series so I felt I could perdermlo, for it to look that promised much andIt was always customary to see in theaters from time to time a new Harry Potter movie. And honestly I only saw this in the cinema, because the final was a successful series so I felt I could perdermlo, for it to look that promised much and that was a good ending to a good series.
The quality of the actors is incalculable, with its mere presence evokes an air of grandeur worthy of the epic battle that screen presence. Inequality of young players with veterans is evident to steal the attention with mere seconds, even so, it was inevitable to achieve some degree of equality that hopefully eventually succeed in their future careers remedy. A clear example is when Harry discovers that he must die, was to tear the terror is in those moments when you need to exploit by cruel fate, although the interpretation is sound without falling into melodrama, hoping to convey at least some anxiety and not their proprietary attitude calmudez poteriana of us already accustomed for a long time. Needless to say, a lot of passionate kisses that happen to be pinching speaking, that all they convey are laughs from the audience, so, I fail to be epic this film.
There are too many hits for the tape to receive their deserved recognition. One of many is the battle for Hogwarts, which happens to be attached visual effects spectacle brought to levels that rival the Lord of the Rings, easily could have changed the approach to the massive destruction suffered by the venerable school, but here lies a feature that many other movies they forget when we sell a dozen explosions in exchange of emotions that his characters suffer.
Is to recognize coherence Rowling to write an ending that does not betray its own rules.
Director David Yates to retaken every detail of the saga that turns into a memorama of past experiences. If anything has been fortunate to have the public's preferences, at least achieving transcend himself with this duo straps. Unfortunately not everything is magical during his leadership.
It's time to say goodbye to a magical world like no other. It was not a perfect film saga, Still, like no other Hogwarts. Goodbye Potter.

A good farewell to you.
My Score: 9.6
MarkMusicMar 21, 2013
I admit it, I haven't read the book (Its like 1000 pages, you done lost your mind). But I know enough from what my class has said about it. Apparently what they've said and the movie aren't the same. It seems as this movie spread into two hadI admit it, I haven't read the book (Its like 1000 pages, you done lost your mind). But I know enough from what my class has said about it. Apparently what they've said and the movie aren't the same. It seems as this movie spread into two had no plot in either. At least the others tried and succeded. This one just was basically action. And I'm one of those people who wouldn't mind no real plot, but the acting I've seen better. I personally think Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader was much more entertaining, and visually better. Plus it had more 'Magic' if you get what Im saying, even without there full cast. Percy Jackson I believe and I actually read all the Percy Jackson books, they made a better movie. Whats wrong with Harry Potter, the acting is less then good. Why do critics praise these movies, Im almost 95% sure non of them have even picked up the book. Part 1 was distant and made the point unclear, part 2 was nothing more then action and effects. Watch if your a fan but no much Expand
Bruce722Mar 8, 2013
An amazing and epic cinematic conclusion to the Harry Potter series. Of course, the books were far superior in every way but these last couple of movies really did do an amazing job capturing the meaning behind every scene which the earlierAn amazing and epic cinematic conclusion to the Harry Potter series. Of course, the books were far superior in every way but these last couple of movies really did do an amazing job capturing the meaning behind every scene which the earlier films couldn't quite do. The acting continued to improve in every film as did the development of the overall story arc and characters. I also felt like this was the best movie in terms of not needing to have read the books in order to fully engage in the story. Overall, I am very glad that I was able to complete the book series and films. This entire process has been an enjoyable one and that is the ultimate point of all mediums of entertainment, isn't it? To enjoy it? That's always been my belief and this story was absolutely captivating. I can't wait until the next time I can make it to Universal Studios to check out what I've heard is an amazing job at recreating the environment. Thank you J.K. Rowling for providing premium entertainment for my mind! Expand
WiesyJan 17, 2013
This is the best Harry Potter movie i've ever seen
TheBearJan 9, 2013
It seems a lot of Potter fans are so lost and deluded in their love of the source material that they forget that the films here actually need to be films and not primarily a soulless copycat of the novels. This isn't perfectly judged but theIt seems a lot of Potter fans are so lost and deluded in their love of the source material that they forget that the films here actually need to be films and not primarily a soulless copycat of the novels. This isn't perfectly judged but the vast majority of it has been and it is an exceptionally well made blockbuster with enough soul to match the heavy effects that feature this time. However what is really testament to the success of not just this film but also of the whole series, is that the quieter and more character drive moments really outshine the action and spectacle. Exceptional performances from the whole cast and it has a rousing and satisfying conclusion. It's a shame not all the secondary characters get the send off most would have liked but it is a minor quibble. A powerful end to a mighty series. Expand
MetaGazJan 2, 2013
It was the best Harry Potter movie I have ever seen. It was addicting, I wanted to watch it over and over again. Unlike episode 1, the mood was much darker, and exciting. Graphic didn't improve much from the last episode, but they shortenedIt was the best Harry Potter movie I have ever seen. It was addicting, I wanted to watch it over and over again. Unlike episode 1, the mood was much darker, and exciting. Graphic didn't improve much from the last episode, but they shortened the book well, so that only the important and fun parts are left, battle was enjoyable, exciting, and just addicting. Music was directed well, it fits with the scenes, it was a wonderful wrap up for the Harry Potter series, I think the director did an excellent job on this movie. It is outstanding, and I will miss the Harry Potter series. Expand
jfrotylpe532Dec 21, 2012
It's hard to put it into words but I thought that this was legit even better than the book. The action sequences were sorten but that's not was makes a good film. Excitement and plot make a good film and that's exactly what the last Harry Potter did.
JawsLaxerDramaDec 20, 2012
You do realize that movies aren't the same as books. Books, on the whole, are much better because they are BOOKS. Not films. If the Potter films were actual "book/movies" they would be 8 hours long. I've read the books countless times, andYou do realize that movies aren't the same as books. Books, on the whole, are much better because they are BOOKS. Not films. If the Potter films were actual "book/movies" they would be 8 hours long. I've read the books countless times, and i'm telling you, this movie is great. It's not one of the classics, but it's amazing. I sobbed when i saw this with a friend. I'm telling you, right now, this is a beautiful cinematic experience that will last forever. One of my favorites, actually. Great, great, everything! Expand
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
An excellent finish to an excellent franchise. "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2" brings everything home in a spectacular and spellbinding fashion.
CelineNov 12, 2012
Oh, the despair! The disappointment! The first half of the movie is Ok and comes from the same vein as the part 1. It was lively, enjoyable, respectful of the book. But the Battle of Hogwarts??? COME ON! How could they do that? How could theyOh, the despair! The disappointment! The first half of the movie is Ok and comes from the same vein as the part 1. It was lively, enjoyable, respectful of the book. But the Battle of Hogwarts??? COME ON! How could they do that? How could they twist the last part of this super saga into a kind of video game on screen? The visual effects give all the images a kind of melted, waxy appearance... All the scenes the book fans have been rehearsing in their minds, waiting for the movie like Molly Weasley killing Beatrix, the last face-to-face between Harry and Voldemort... they're either absent or spoiled. Honestly, I think I won't even buy the dvd... Expand
FilmEqualsJoyNov 10, 2012
This is the last Potter film. It is basically a giant battle and that is it. There is much fighting, many deaths, and several battles. I like many of the previous Potter's for having a line between fighting and drama between the characters.This is the last Potter film. It is basically a giant battle and that is it. There is much fighting, many deaths, and several battles. I like many of the previous Potter's for having a line between fighting and drama between the characters. Here they feel a bit mashed together. This was not the best of the Potter films, but it certainly gave an effort to be. The performances are strong and there are familiar faces. The visuals are breath taking and marvelous. It is sad to say goodbye to the gang. I will miss the Potter films. Well done Harry! The series definitely went out on a good note. Expand
satvikbajpaiNov 10, 2012
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
cameronmorewoodNov 8, 2012
Part 2 rips Part 1 to shreds. It is everything the first film wasn't- it's adventurous, fantastical, and epic. A stunning and dazzling conclusion to the Harry Potter legacy.
jetpackulleySep 8, 2012
This.is.Pure.Perfection.
One of the Greatest Movies i've very seen. EVER. You should see it. Sincerely, I couldn't hope for better, this final installment was flawlessly the perfect finale for a phenomenal and historic series in cinema history.
dev92Aug 25, 2012
I much prefer the books and I think this film was overly hyped (for obvious reasons). It is a shame that they felt the need to split the films because very little happened in this film and it could have been cut down quite significantly. AI much prefer the books and I think this film was overly hyped (for obvious reasons). It is a shame that they felt the need to split the films because very little happened in this film and it could have been cut down quite significantly. A bit of a sad day for Britain now that Harry Potter has finished but the books would always be my recommendation. Expand
potatoes351Aug 14, 2012
The Harry Potter saga has been a long and sometimes tedious one. However the final film puts all that behind it and continues with the brilliance that was Part 1 to bring the saga to its stunning conclusion. The good thing about having 2The Harry Potter saga has been a long and sometimes tedious one. However the final film puts all that behind it and continues with the brilliance that was Part 1 to bring the saga to its stunning conclusion. The good thing about having 2 films for the final book means they could cram more into it, make sure everything they could possibly get in was in, and that is exactly what has happened. Harry Potter is a series everyone should experience from beginning to end even with its stumbles in the middle. Expand
JTKelleyAug 10, 2012
I wanted to like this more... I really did, especially having grown up with the books. However, muddled plotting and copious amounts of expository dialogue, due to a rushed pace, kept this film from realizing its full potential.
ratingmanJul 29, 2012
A satisfying ending that is beyond my expectations, the perfect ending to a perfect series, thank you J.K. Rowling once more for a book series that really is a worldwide phenomenon.