8.1

1. Jul 2, 2014
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is a fantastic ending to a loved series. It definitely shines brighter than the first part, especially in the end. It brought tears to my eyes, and that's a sign of a good movie.
  2. Jun 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wish the movies would do the same job in concluding the Harry Potter series when the book did. Yes, it was satisfying, but nothing can beat the book.

As with the changes, I am mostly okay with it but I am still sad because without these changes, the movies would be more funner.

The only change I am not okay with Harry dancing with Hermione in Part 1. David Yates, your Harmione is showing. That is not okay at all. But at least you made it up with Ron and Hermione kissing in Part 2.

The special effects is up-par with this one. Very realistic and breath-taking.

The performances from the cast delivered their swan song to the Harry Potter series. Of course, it seems like the cast were born to play their roles which is great as I will always remember them as their roles.

The pace is action-packed and fast in Part 2. I wished the battle between Harry and Voldemort took place in the Great Hall because I want to see everyone to cheer for Harry.

Lastly, while they did make some cuts, I am glad they did not skim the entire book and it used its two parts wisely.

While it still didn't do justice to the book, the 2-part movie adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will satisfy both the fans of the book and the non-fans, which they will additionally enjoy the character development, performances and the special effects.
  3. Jun 7, 2014
    As Harry Potter is my fav book, it rather hard to give it a low score. Although it has a few faults, I love it to bits. Its storyline is great and Harry is such a loveable character! indeed it deserves a 10 but that would be biased.
  4. May 4, 2014
    The final film ends on a hugely strong note. This being the best of the series by far. The stars have grown to wonderful actors and actresses. the music is epic. the violence is cool and its sad to see it all end. It was overall a great series that can be revisited over and over again.
  5. Apr 20, 2014
    Yes. Absolutely yes. The perfect ending to a series that spanned a decade. Everything works, from the gut-clenching tension to the exhilarating battle scenes to the poignant moments of closure. The best of the Harry Potter movies, and one of the best films of today's cinema.
  6. Mar 15, 2014
    A wonderful movie, and if you've ever lost a loved one, you'll truly connect with the emotion in this story. Many people grew up reading and watching the Harry Potter story, and this final movie reaches the peak of maturity in subject matter. It deals with honor, death, love, and sacrifice. Thank you Ms. Rowling for teaching our younger generation these important values.
  7. Mar 5, 2014
    I signed up here because i see such a high number of positive reviews about this movie.What freaking movie did you people see to give it such a good review?I read some comments where people say it was so emotional and it had such a good story and bla bla bla.I'm absolutely baffled.These comments are even coming from book fans.
    This movie had none of the things listed by the comments ive
    read.I dont know if it is meant to be aimed at fans of the books or non fans but either way it fails miserably.Book fans:leaves out too much story,changes/adds/leaves out scenes.,no emotion or tension.Movie fans:Plot holes,did you understand the hallows and their significance to the story?what was that piece of mirror?who is teddy lupin?how did harry survive in the forest?was snape harrys father?etc etc.
    Where was the built up tension of the battle,we didnt see any deaths so theres no emotion involved.its all just jumping from 1 scene to the next.There was no great hall battle so instead we see harry/voldy chasing around the castle,voldy slapping harry and attacking him with his robes.Neville was made to look stupid for comic relief and voldy hugging draco .Like really?This is a huge battle and is meant to be full of tension and not about throwing in 1 liners.Then we have people turning into confetti and the most anti-climatic ending ever and no celebration and breaking the wand. People actually liked this?
  8. Feb 19, 2014
    This is the best movie of the Harry Potter film series, because it's so entertaining and it got wonderful scenes that just blows me of!

The first thing I got to say about his movie is the beginning, it's so exciting and gorgeous. This movie got an awesome amount of action, but an calm tempo at the same time which made it wonderful. The story couldn't have been more awesome as it is,
    because it's so damn good, and the music is wonderful! The actors in this movie are fabulous as usual, and I never got bored at any time.
    Among all the Harry Potter movies does this one stand out, because its so unique and it contains so much unique scenes that I haven't seen before.

The negative thing about this movie is that it might have been to dark scenes, because it was hard to see all the details in the movie. Another bad thing is that the when the movie was in the "climax-stage" it could have been more dramatic scenes, for example more awesome music, even thought the music is awesome in this movie. Another thing that they could have done is that they could have shown us more of Hogwarts in the future. The last thing that bother me is (SPOILER ALERT!) why Harry Potter destroyed the Elder Wand, he could have become the most powerful magician ever, but in the end I understand why he did it.

The ending must have been the best ending ever in all the harry potter movies, it was so touching and sad at the same time, and if I must say, I cried in the end credits! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the best Harry Potter movie ever, and I can watch it over and over without getting bored of it!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 gets a 9/10
  9. Jan 24, 2014
    A powerful ending to one of the most beloved franchises in movie history. Superb acting, powerful tone-throttling music, and a variety of special effects make this a gem for everyone to see.
  10. Jan 18, 2014
    It’s impossible to specifically point out the aspects of the plot I disliked in Deathly Hallows 2 while simultaneously keeping this review devoid of spoilers, although I can say that they mostly concern the deaths of major characters and the newest dei ex machina that J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves got up their sleeves. Not all of them were grave though and in some cases, it’s merely the poor adaption of the source material that causes confusion or illogicality. Either way, it impairs what is actually an appropriate denouement to this outstanding huge story and makes the top rating the film’s best moments would definitely rate a no-go. It's far from being a perfect film and that doesn’t change with a handful of unforgettable scenes. Nevertheless, I reckon it to be a very worthy finale for the franchise and, as with the other seven, the flaws just can’t prevent me from rewatching it over and over again. Expand
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    Um um final emocionante para um das melhores franquias do cinema, com certeza fechou com chave de ouro uma das melhores sagas de fantasia da história.
  12. Dec 14, 2013
    The book is a masterpiece, maybe my favourite of all time.... but the film is very disappointing. I give it a 5 (which for me is "bad") only for the performances of actors like Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Emma Watson and others, for the locations and for the special effects because the plot is awful. They've destroyed the best parts (deaths of Voldemort and Bellatrix, Harry's "death" and his meeting with Dumbledore, the end of the power of the Elder Wand...) they've made them in a "popular" version, but believe me, for the lovers of the books this is a shame. Worst Harry Potter's film ever. Expand
  13. Nov 28, 2013
    the last harry potter was the second best harry potter behind the third movie,but it was an epical film.My thanks to David Yates that after all it's an good director.
  14. Nov 26, 2013
    Harry Potter has been the film series of this generation and millions upon millions adore it. I do like them but not to a huge extent. The closing saga is, undoubtedly, the best of the eight but it is not my favourite. What it does do though is deliver a textbook finale and and the end I was satisfied with the movie. Also I should point out I have not read the books so I cannot compare the two. Good, thrilling action towards the end with excellent portrayals by the actors/actresses. Expand
  15. Nov 1, 2013
    "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" ends the Harry Potter series with a spectacular bang of light. Director David Yates completely changes the tense and atmospheric mood from Part 1 to an intense and exciting magical war movie. The film is impressively staged, the script and dialogue has been well-written and this film can easily be nominated as the best Harry Potter movie in the franchise. Expand
  16. Oct 24, 2013
    With perfect acting and visually-stunning effects, 'Deathly Hallows: Part II' brings the franchise to a magical and unforgettable conclusion, and may even be the best film of the franchise.
  17. Oct 11, 2013
    One of the greatest films ever made, period. It is absolutely incredible, and every moment was epic. It was sad to see these characters grow up, but great at the same time. My personal favorite Potter movie, and one of my all-time favorite films.
  18. Sep 10, 2013
    I loved this movie. Good effects, good actors, all very good! The only thing I did not like was to know that this was the last film in the Harry Potter But as I enjoyed the film give "10 points to Gryffindor!"
  19. Sep 8, 2013
    I never thought that the conclusion to a beloved series would end as magnificently as it did. Part 2 of the big finale really delivers. It's action-packed, heart-felt, dramatic and thrilling the whole way through. It delivers in bringing back old quality Harry Potter feel and delivering new quality Harry Potter feel that doesn't withdraw from the movie. I've seen this so many times. It's FREAKING FANTASTIC! Be sure to check out my YouTube channel, "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies. Expand
  20. Sep 7, 2013
    Should not have tried to make a lot of changes in movie. Not sure if there was cost cutting needed to avoid animation wherever necessary. Even felt that actor actress were not showing maturity (Did not really tried to act)... Overall worst of the series as in adaptation... Climax fight which is very important... shame on you David
  21. Aug 22, 2013
    I really liked this final installment of the Harry Potter saga, action, heartbreak everything you would want from a final movie to this epic saga. I don't know why anyone would hate this movie because this is one for the ages.
  22. Aug 17, 2013
    What an outstanding end to such a brilliant film series, excellent acting, great scenery, great acting, extremely interesting and exciting start to finish.
  23. Aug 5, 2013
    This movie can't possibly had been made any worse. Terrible conclusion, but the way David Yates films had been going it was predictable how bad this one really turned out.
  24. Jul 20, 2013
    I really liked this movie. I don't care about the books. So if the movie is way too different from the books, I'll be the last one on earth to care. There was a lot of action in this movie, it was just a very good movie to end the series
  25. Jul 17, 2013
    Quite the anticipation and excitement surrounded the eighth and last film of the Harry Potter franchise, but personally I was also hit with the realisation that this was the finale, the curtain call and the last song and dance for our favourite wizarding heroes.
    The final film simply ties up almost everything, its a chance for the viewers to jog their memory to all those years ago, to be
    re-introduced to characters who may have been missing in previous entries. It also sets the stage for one of the most spectacular battles of the series, and in many others. Harry, played for the final time by the brooding but very much grown up Daniel Radcliffe, needs answers to all his lingering questions, and its quite fitting that it should all come to head where the Boy Who Lived calls home, Hogwarts.
    Without going into too much detail, Harry, while still unsure exactly how to defeat Lord Voldemort, is rapidly closing in on the answers he seeks. Not without the company of Ron and Hermione, the three embark on various callbacks to all the previous films, Gringotts bank, Hogsmeade and of course the Chamber of Secrets. The whole film is brimming with excitable characters, unlikely heroes and bright colours to light up the darkening sky.
    But as it goes, tragedy continues to loom, and the final film is a true bloodbath, some unknown, many loveable and sorely missed. The argument being that they were fighting for the safety of themselves as well as Harry, because when Hogwarts is truly lit up like the 4th of July, nobody is safe. In terms of this, the special effects and heavy battle scenes are as brilliant and mesmerising as they have ever been, capturing the imagination inside the head of JK Rowling and putting it on the screen in spectacular fashion.
    One cannot forget the performances, and again it is the older cast who run away with the rights to say they were the best, Alan Rickman, who has been there since day one as the dark, mysterious and often thorn in the side Severus Snape, truly has his finest hour, showing another side to this character that we have never seen before, and boasting the talents of this phenomenal actor. Ralph Fiennes is quite frightening, more so than ever as Lord Voldemort, his silent striding, his peaceful but snap of the fingers change in tone of voice is enough to keep you up, and he really outlines why so much more fun can be had being the big bad.
    Maggie Smith and Julie Walters deservedly have much more screen time, with some comic tone but also a true sense of their magical background on show.
    The series could not have had a better goodbye, combining everything it is known for, and throwing in surprises along the way, we have grown up with the three leads, and the closing scenes of the film remark just how long, dark but also cheerful and entertaining the journey has been, reminding us that this is more than likely the last time we see these characters, but what a farewell indeed.
  26. Jul 14, 2013
    WOW! These are the words that I was thinking in every single scene in this film. Epic is written all over it, adventure and fantasy and heart are all contained within it. This film really does have heart and it brings the entire magical and amazing film series to a close in the best way possible. I love the way the film unfolds, emotionally and epically. The film is under the fine direction of David Yates, with the best acting ensemble ever brought into a film series (boasting for the three leads and Alan Rickman's performance), the visuals are spectacular (as always), the set designs are amazing (as always), the music is magical (Alexandre Desplat really delivers what we need to hear). This film is perfect in every way and is a movie event of a lifetime. Spectacular film. BEST film of the entire series and one of the BEST fantasy films ever made and one of the BEST films ever made. Simply magical. Expand
  27. Jul 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warning: Starts a bit b*tchy, deeper critiques later on.. Coming from a book reader standpoint: completely insulting. The end "battle" between Voldemort and Harry felt like a slap in the face. Why did it have to have a battle. The whole point the book tries to make is Harry never attacks Voldemort, and never outright kills him. (In the books) Their very tense last conversation as they circle each other down to the ray of light cutting across the sky was absolutely breathtaking to read. Whereas in the film, they have a full minute hugathon battle across Hogwarts and climaxed in a game of "Just the Tip" with their wands. Other things that bugged me: cartooning Bellatrix's death was just silly. The movie canon never mentioned Lupin and Tonks ever having a child so why did the act like he did at the end? It must of confused non-book readers, same goes for Sirius' mirror shard. Fred's death off-screen (its on screen in the book). Why do all the minor actors in this series like Xenophilius Lovegood (HPDH part 1) and the actress who plays The Grey Lady have to shout out suddenly and randomly in order to convey emotions, it's almost like the creators felt as though the audience would be too unintelligent to figure out what emotion the actors are feeling or the actors were not good at their parts. And finally simply breaking the UNBEATABLE wand in half like it is really just a twig. I would have liked to give it a better score than a 3 but this movie left me feeling really dead inside, and not because the series was over. I cannot even read the books anymore, which saddens me greatly. And if a movie can have that kind of negative effect on my life, I feel I have to give it what I give it. I know many love it, even the book readers. There are good some things I have to give them props for being topnotch (visual effect and minor things) with its huge budget and all that keep it from a 1 which is what I want to give it Non-book readers no doubt found it spectacular, but I can't, in good conscience, give it a better score. The books had been an vast part of my life since I was eight (1999), and the film completely broke me for awhile and there is nothing more that I can say than that. Expand
  28. Jul 12, 2013
    The magic is back, but it's not better than ever, it's just more surprising than ever. It's certainly a step up in terms of filmmaking from Part 1 to Part 2. However, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has no sense for ambition. There's no risk for success. David Yates just gives us a very safe, but well-made 2nd part and respectfully final chapter to the Harry Potter franchise. I just didn't feel the emotion in the end. The tone an the visual all seems much more stirring and captivating. The story, especially, offers an eye full. Part 2 offers unexpectedly deep, perspective-altering and jaw-dropping surprises that'll throw you for a whirlwind of tears and sensible realization. Highly gripping, sentimental, and staggering levels of entertainment is brought to the big screen, and it's irresistible. Yet, the movie disappointingly doesn't go beyond it's comfort zone for success to achieve something spectacular. It just satisfies. The ending, as it did follow the book, is lazily executed and mistakingly ignores the small, reoccuring and culturally mirculous elements evident in each of the previous 6 films' conclusions. Instead Yates justified his ending on the book's. His job is to satisfy the books needs, but also the film's needs and especially in that area of delivery. As a conclusion it needs to reminisce, bring full circle, and revisit the visual elements of the previous films or else those elements meant nothing in developing any form of matter in the story visually, since they are there for the sole purpose to give the Potter universe it's final scene signature. It's how you bring together and conclude a series of films in a complete manner. But David decides to ignore those things and make the ending just fine. But for the biggest, grandest, and most successful movie franchise of all time (despite Star Wars), it didn't do it justice.

Altogether, this is a very enjoyable Harry Potter movie. A fun, emotional, and magical ride right until the end. Highly entertaining with an epic score, a breathtaking climax in the middle of the film, and a soul-shivering vision. The two parts combine the best Harry Potter film to date, but separately as they are, they are individual PARTS of a large movie, but still individual movies, and need to be treated like that. By themselves there are standard Potter movies with one of the most unique instalments (Part 1). Part 2 is striving for, and at times thinks it's achieving, greatness. In the thick of things, it truthfully reaches wonders. But in it's ultimate delivery, it plays it extremely safe and in hindsight, it only did what the book asked. It didn't take the material and visualize it on an ambitious level. It may feel, look, and appear so and it does in the movies high points. But still that's what the book asked it to do. It plays it safe, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's still good. But applaud Rowling for her story and only nod at Yates' vision. Be entertained, but don't expect wonder.
  29. Jul 10, 2013
    Just watching this gets me teary-eyed. It's really sad to see Harry go, and just seeing Fred die, and Lupin and Snape and all the good guys die is depressing, but the movie was an absolute success, please bring back Harry!
  30. Jul 9, 2013
    The empowering climatic film of them all, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" manages to pull off a satisfying conclusion, to their fans and to newcomers to come. With dark themes placed towards the end; older audiences are able to enjoy its wonderful turns and visuals. While staying true to the book; its visuals manage to pull it off and will leave you interested, despite knowing the ending. To put it all in one word would be "Magic" Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Jul 18, 2011
    When the movie was over, a young boy sitting behind me said, "That was great!" He was satisfied, and rightly so.
  2. Reviewed by: Shawn Levy
    Jul 14, 2011
    The excellent news is that Yates and company took their time adding visual depth to the film -- they shot it as 3-D -- and the result feels immediate and real and not at all slathered-on.
  3. Reviewed by: Amy Biancolli
    Jul 14, 2011
    The epic and impassioned close that the saga deserves, a sweeping Wagnerian finish that's taut with suspense and wet with emotion.