8.1

1. Dec 16, 2014
    May be, if I am Producer of this film, I will change the title, it become "The Great Amazing Harry Potter and His Last Story." It's really really the great way to finish the story. Moreover when Harry being in Prof. Dumbledore office to see what in all Severus head-contents, then Dumbledore said to Snape, "Lily! After all this time." Snape answered, "Always". That conversation was soMay be, if I am Producer of this film, I will change the title, it become "The Great Amazing Harry Potter and His Last Story." It's really really the great way to finish the story. Moreover when Harry being in Prof. Dumbledore office to see what in all Severus head-contents, then Dumbledore said to Snape, "Lily! After all this time." Snape answered, "Always". That conversation was so philosophic means, with the few words, it has so much meaning. I just amazed and the same time I was just crying.
    Great Movie. A Thousand applause!
  2. Dec 14, 2014
    The Harry Potter franchise is one of the finest ever created, right up there with the likes of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. As the closing chapter, the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 is unmissable yet as a standalone film, it is also possibly the weakest in the series. There are certainly some highlights, including the biggest tearjerker of the series, but too many major incidents are coveredThe Harry Potter franchise is one of the finest ever created, right up there with the likes of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. As the closing chapter, the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 is unmissable yet as a standalone film, it is also possibly the weakest in the series. There are certainly some highlights, including the biggest tearjerker of the series, but too many major incidents are covered in too little time. Oh wow... This major character just died... But no time to register that properly because we've got to move onto another battle scene. This leads Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 to feel a bit rushed and also somewhat lacking in characterization. Expand
  3. Oct 18, 2014
    In Part 2 of the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the Wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here.
  4. Oct 16, 2014
    La última entrega de Harry Potter... no hay palabras para describir lo que sentí en 2011.
    No es la mejor peli de la saga pero estuve en tensión todo el rato, disfrutando cada minuto. Cuando acabó, se podría decir que acabó una etapa de mi vida... No habrá otra saga igual.

PD: para no hacer muchos análisis, las pelis de HP de mejor a peor por orden ascendente (aunque todas son perfectas para mí):

-HP4 (la mas espectacular, la que mas veces he visto y también la mas distraída en mi opinión).

-HP7 P1 (fue la mas curiosa, ni siquiera salía Hogwarts pero fue una maravilla, se me pasó volando). El final es el mas triste de toda la saga.

-HP6 (muchos la critican pero creo que es con la que mas me he reído de todas).

-HP2 (Dobby, el basilisco, el coche volador, la família de Ron, el padre de Malfoy... ¿Hace falta decir más?)

-HP1 (la primera es la primera, la más mágica e inocente, tiene algo que la hace encantadora.)

-HP7 P2 (todo acción, quizás le faltó el humor pero fue muy emocionante, con grandes momentos.)

-HP3 (cambió bastante de las dos primeras, no me gustó tanto pero la trama de los viajes al pasado y los hombres lobo la hacían genial también.)

-HP5 (la mas lenta de todas, con una profesora insoportable pero un tramo final que recompensaba todo lo demás.)

En fin, una saga inolvidable. Imprescindible.
  5. Aug 25, 2014
    Bringing an extraordinary adventure to a memorable close is no easy feat. The Deathly Hallows is dazzling and, quite possibly, the finest of all eight films. The conclusion is glorious and heartwarming--everything that we needed it to be.
  6. Aug 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It has been a while since I read the last book (before seeing the last past of "the Deathly Hallows"). That is why I couldn't really recall everything that happened on the pages, and that may or may not have helped while watching this movie.

There was plenty of action in this movie. However, it seemed the focus teetered and stumbled a bit: especially during the last battle at Hogwarts, many familiar characters were shown, but very briefly at places. That made the movie lose its emotional charge. A lot of the action fast forwarded a lot, not allowing the plot to build itself.

Until this day I don't quite understand how Harry died and came back - or where he went before coming back. Even while reading the book that was a bit unclear to me. Maybe I just skipped some important clue, I don't know. Another strange thing is Voldemort's final demise. It seemed so easy in the end.

The acting was okay, but due to the inability to focus on any character or their story, it felt like a wasted effort. Especially "Prince's Tale" that I heard a lot of hype about was just a jumbled cluster of random images from here and there, and I felt very disappointed with it. I had waited such a long time to see Alan Rickman as Snape again, after all, and what we had here was just a glimpse of the greatness he could have produced on screen.

I noticed a different theme in the beginning - and loved it. I think I'll have to get the soundtrack of this movie.

A big applause for the poor Gringotts dragon! Very well made, that one.

All in all not my favorite part in the series. Better than part one of the last movie, but they both have definite faults that keep me from liking them more.
  7. Aug 7, 2014
    I could resume this movie in one word: amazing. It was the epic conclusion that all HP fans have awaited for so many years, It has some difference to the book, but then again no movie is exactly like the book. Shows great special effects and it keeps truthful to the book. I don´t know why are some stupid people that give this AMAZING movie a red mark.
  8. Jul 29, 2014
    This final chapter in the "Harry Potter" saga is a fantasy-genre masterpiece. Even if there's not much behind the plot, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" exploits its wonderful lore and intriguing premise to end(?) the franchise on a high note. Visually stunning, rich in terms of character and story depth, true to the predecessors but original at the same, this second cinematic part utterlyThis final chapter in the "Harry Potter" saga is a fantasy-genre masterpiece. Even if there's not much behind the plot, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" exploits its wonderful lore and intriguing premise to end(?) the franchise on a high note. Visually stunning, rich in terms of character and story depth, true to the predecessors but original at the same, this second cinematic part utterly deserves its universal acclaim. The generic twists and somewhat weak finale are incapable of seriously spoiling the beauty of this spectacle. Expand
  9. Jul 2, 2014
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is a fantastic ending to a loved series. It definitely shines brighter than the first part, especially in the end. It brought tears to my eyes, and that's a sign of a good movie.
  10. Jun 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wish the movies would do the same job in concluding the Harry Potter series when the book did. Yes, it was satisfying, but nothing can beat the book.

As with the changes, I am mostly okay with it but I am still sad because without these changes, the movies would be more funner.

The only change I am not okay with Harry dancing with Hermione in Part 1. David Yates, your Harmione is showing. That is not okay at all. But at least you made it up with Ron and Hermione kissing in Part 2.

The special effects is up-par with this one. Very realistic and breath-taking.

The performances from the cast delivered their swan song to the Harry Potter series. Of course, it seems like the cast were born to play their roles which is great as I will always remember them as their roles.

The pace is action-packed and fast in Part 2. I wished the battle between Harry and Voldemort took place in the Great Hall because I want to see everyone to cheer for Harry.

Lastly, while they did make some cuts, I am glad they did not skim the entire book and it used its two parts wisely.

While it still didn't do justice to the book, the 2-part movie adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will satisfy both the fans of the book and the non-fans, which they will additionally enjoy the character development, performances and the special effects.
  11. Jun 7, 2014
    As Harry Potter is my fav book, it rather hard to give it a low score. Although it has a few faults, I love it to bits. Its storyline is great and Harry is such a loveable character! indeed it deserves a 10 but that would be biased.
  12. May 4, 2014
    The final film ends on a hugely strong note. This being the best of the series by far. The stars have grown to wonderful actors and actresses. the music is epic. the violence is cool and its sad to see it all end. It was overall a great series that can be revisited over and over again.
  13. Apr 20, 2014
    Yes. Absolutely yes. The perfect ending to a series that spanned a decade. Everything works, from the gut-clenching tension to the exhilarating battle scenes to the poignant moments of closure. The best of the Harry Potter movies, and one of the best films of today's cinema.
  14. Mar 15, 2014
    A wonderful movie, and if you've ever lost a loved one, you'll truly connect with the emotion in this story. Many people grew up reading and watching the Harry Potter story, and this final movie reaches the peak of maturity in subject matter. It deals with honor, death, love, and sacrifice. Thank you Ms. Rowling for teaching our younger generation these important values.
  15. Mar 5, 2014
    I signed up here because i see such a high number of positive reviews about this movie.What freaking movie did you people see to give it such a good review?I read some comments where people say it was so emotional and it had such a good story and bla bla bla.I'm absolutely baffled.These comments are even coming from book fans.
    This movie had none of the things listed by the comments ive
    This movie had none of the things listed by the comments ive read.I dont know if it is meant to be aimed at fans of the books or non fans but either way it fails miserably.Book fans:leaves out too much story,changes/adds/leaves out scenes.,no emotion or tension.Movie fans:Plot holes,did you understand the hallows and their significance to the story?what was that piece of mirror?who is teddy lupin?how did harry survive in the forest?was snape harrys father?etc etc.
    Where was the built up tension of the battle,we didnt see any deaths so theres no emotion involved.its all just jumping from 1 scene to the next.There was no great hall battle so instead we see harry/voldy chasing around the castle,voldy slapping harry and attacking him with his robes.Neville was made to look stupid for comic relief and voldy hugging draco .Like really?This is a huge battle and is meant to be full of tension and not about throwing in 1 liners.Then we have people turning into confetti and the most anti-climatic ending ever and no celebration and breaking the wand. People actually liked this?
  16. Feb 19, 2014
    This is the best movie of the Harry Potter film series, because it's so entertaining and it got wonderful scenes that just blows me of!

The first thing I got to say about his movie is the beginning, it's so exciting and gorgeous. This movie got an awesome amount of action, but an calm tempo at the same time which made it wonderful. The story couldn't have been more awesome as it is, because it's so damn good, and the music is wonderful! The actors in this movie are fabulous as usual, and I never got bored at any time.
    Among all the Harry Potter movies does this one stand out, because its so unique and it contains so much unique scenes that I haven't seen before.

The negative thing about this movie is that it might have been to dark scenes, because it was hard to see all the details in the movie. Another bad thing is that the when the movie was in the "climax-stage" it could have been more dramatic scenes, for example more awesome music, even thought the music is awesome in this movie. Another thing that they could have done is that they could have shown us more of Hogwarts in the future. The last thing that bother me is (SPOILER ALERT!) why Harry Potter destroyed the Elder Wand, he could have become the most powerful magician ever, but in the end I understand why he did it.

The ending must have been the best ending ever in all the harry potter movies, it was so touching and sad at the same time, and if I must say, I cried in the end credits! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the best Harry Potter movie ever, and I can watch it over and over without getting bored of it!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 gets a 9/10
  17. Jan 24, 2014
    A powerful ending to one of the most beloved franchises in movie history. Superb acting, powerful tone-throttling music, and a variety of special effects make this a gem for everyone to see.
  18. Jan 18, 2014
    It’s impossible to specifically point out the aspects of the plot I disliked in Deathly Hallows 2 while simultaneously keeping this review devoid of spoilers, although I can say that they mostly concern the deaths of major characters and the newest dei ex machina that J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves got up their sleeves. Not all of them were grave though and in some cases, it’s merely theIt’s impossible to specifically point out the aspects of the plot I disliked in Deathly Hallows 2 while simultaneously keeping this review devoid of spoilers, although I can say that they mostly concern the deaths of major characters and the newest dei ex machina that J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves got up their sleeves. Not all of them were grave though and in some cases, it’s merely the poor adaption of the source material that causes confusion or illogicality. Either way, it impairs what is actually an appropriate denouement to this outstanding huge story and makes the top rating the film’s best moments would definitely rate a no-go. It's far from being a perfect film and that doesn’t change with a handful of unforgettable scenes. Nevertheless, I reckon it to be a very worthy finale for the franchise and, as with the other seven, the flaws just can’t prevent me from rewatching it over and over again. Expand
  19. Jan 3, 2014
    Um um final emocionante para um das melhores franquias do cinema, com certeza fechou com chave de ouro uma das melhores sagas de fantasia da história.
  20. Dec 14, 2013
    The book is a masterpiece, maybe my favourite of all time.... but the film is very disappointing. I give it a 5 (which for me is "bad") only for the performances of actors like Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Emma Watson and others, for the locations and for the special effects because the plot is awful. They've destroyed the best parts (deaths of Voldemort and Bellatrix, Harry'sThe book is a masterpiece, maybe my favourite of all time.... but the film is very disappointing. I give it a 5 (which for me is "bad") only for the performances of actors like Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Emma Watson and others, for the locations and for the special effects because the plot is awful. They've destroyed the best parts (deaths of Voldemort and Bellatrix, Harry's "death" and his meeting with Dumbledore, the end of the power of the Elder Wand...) they've made them in a "popular" version, but believe me, for the lovers of the books this is a shame. Worst Harry Potter's film ever. Expand
  21. Nov 28, 2013
    the last harry potter was the second best harry potter behind the third movie,but it was an epical film.My thanks to David Yates that after all it's an good director.
  22. Nov 26, 2013
    Harry Potter has been the film series of this generation and millions upon millions adore it. I do like them but not to a huge extent. The closing saga is, undoubtedly, the best of the eight but it is not my favourite. What it does do though is deliver a textbook finale and and the end I was satisfied with the movie. Also I should point out I have not read the books so I cannot compare theHarry Potter has been the film series of this generation and millions upon millions adore it. I do like them but not to a huge extent. The closing saga is, undoubtedly, the best of the eight but it is not my favourite. What it does do though is deliver a textbook finale and and the end I was satisfied with the movie. Also I should point out I have not read the books so I cannot compare the two. Good, thrilling action towards the end with excellent portrayals by the actors/actresses. Expand
  23. Nov 1, 2013
    "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" ends the Harry Potter series with a spectacular bang of light. Director David Yates completely changes the tense and atmospheric mood from Part 1 to an intense and exciting magical war movie. The film is impressively staged, the script and dialogue has been well-written and this film can easily be nominated as the best Harry Potter movie in"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" ends the Harry Potter series with a spectacular bang of light. Director David Yates completely changes the tense and atmospheric mood from Part 1 to an intense and exciting magical war movie. The film is impressively staged, the script and dialogue has been well-written and this film can easily be nominated as the best Harry Potter movie in the franchise. Expand
  24. Oct 24, 2013
    With perfect acting and visually-stunning effects, 'Deathly Hallows: Part II' brings the franchise to a magical and unforgettable conclusion, and may even be the best film of the franchise.
  25. Oct 11, 2013
    One of the greatest films ever made, period. It is absolutely incredible, and every moment was epic. It was sad to see these characters grow up, but great at the same time. My personal favorite Potter movie, and one of my all-time favorite films.
  26. Sep 10, 2013
    I loved this movie. Good effects, good actors, all very good! The only thing I did not like was to know that this was the last film in the Harry Potter But as I enjoyed the film give "10 points to Gryffindor!"
  27. Sep 8, 2013
    I never thought that the conclusion to a beloved series would end as magnificently as it did. Part 2 of the big finale really delivers. It's action-packed, heart-felt, dramatic and thrilling the whole way through. It delivers in bringing back old quality Harry Potter feel and delivering new quality Harry Potter feel that doesn't withdraw from the movie. I've seen this so many times. It'sI never thought that the conclusion to a beloved series would end as magnificently as it did. Part 2 of the big finale really delivers. It's action-packed, heart-felt, dramatic and thrilling the whole way through. It delivers in bringing back old quality Harry Potter feel and delivering new quality Harry Potter feel that doesn't withdraw from the movie. I've seen this so many times. It's FREAKING FANTASTIC! Be sure to check out my YouTube channel, "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies. Expand
  28. Sep 7, 2013
    Should not have tried to make a lot of changes in movie. Not sure if there was cost cutting needed to avoid animation wherever necessary. Even felt that actor actress were not showing maturity (Did not really tried to act)... Overall worst of the series as in adaptation... Climax fight which is very important... shame on you David
  29. Aug 22, 2013
    I really liked this final installment of the Harry Potter saga, action, heartbreak everything you would want from a final movie to this epic saga. I don't know why anyone would hate this movie because this is one for the ages.
  30. Aug 17, 2013
    What an outstanding end to such a brilliant film series, excellent acting, great scenery, great acting, extremely interesting and exciting start to finish.
  31. Aug 5, 2013
    This movie can't possibly had been made any worse. Terrible conclusion, but the way David Yates films had been going it was predictable how bad this one really turned out.
  32. Jul 20, 2013
    I really liked this movie. I don't care about the books. So if the movie is way too different from the books, I'll be the last one on earth to care. There was a lot of action in this movie, it was just a very good movie to end the series
  33. Jul 17, 2013
    Quite the anticipation and excitement surrounded the eighth and last film of the Harry Potter franchise, but personally I was also hit with the realisation that this was the finale, the curtain call and the last song and dance for our favourite wizarding heroes.
    The final film simply ties up almost everything, its a chance for the viewers to jog their memory to all those years ago, to be re-introduced to characters who may have been missing in previous entries. It also sets the stage for one of the most spectacular battles of the series, and in many others. Harry, played for the final time by the brooding but very much grown up Daniel Radcliffe, needs answers to all his lingering questions, and its quite fitting that it should all come to head where the Boy Who Lived calls home, Hogwarts.
    Without going into too much detail, Harry, while still unsure exactly how to defeat Lord Voldemort, is rapidly closing in on the answers he seeks. Not without the company of Ron and Hermione, the three embark on various callbacks to all the previous films, Gringotts bank, Hogsmeade and of course the Chamber of Secrets. The whole film is brimming with excitable characters, unlikely heroes and bright colours to light up the darkening sky.
    But as it goes, tragedy continues to loom, and the final film is a true bloodbath, some unknown, many loveable and sorely missed. The argument being that they were fighting for the safety of themselves as well as Harry, because when Hogwarts is truly lit up like the 4th of July, nobody is safe. In terms of this, the special effects and heavy battle scenes are as brilliant and mesmerising as they have ever been, capturing the imagination inside the head of JK Rowling and putting it on the screen in spectacular fashion.
    One cannot forget the performances, and again it is the older cast who run away with the rights to say they were the best, Alan Rickman, who has been there since day one as the dark, mysterious and often thorn in the side Severus Snape, truly has his finest hour, showing another side to this character that we have never seen before, and boasting the talents of this phenomenal actor. Ralph Fiennes is quite frightening, more so than ever as Lord Voldemort, his silent striding, his peaceful but snap of the fingers change in tone of voice is enough to keep you up, and he really outlines why so much more fun can be had being the big bad.
    Maggie Smith and Julie Walters deservedly have much more screen time, with some comic tone but also a true sense of their magical background on show.
    The series could not have had a better goodbye, combining everything it is known for, and throwing in surprises along the way, we have grown up with the three leads, and the closing scenes of the film remark just how long, dark but also cheerful and entertaining the journey has been, reminding us that this is more than likely the last time we see these characters, but what a farewell indeed.
  34. Jul 14, 2013
    WOW! These are the words that I was thinking in every single scene in this film. Epic is written all over it, adventure and fantasy and heart are all contained within it. This film really does have heart and it brings the entire magical and amazing film series to a close in the best way possible. I love the way the film unfolds, emotionally and epically. The film is under the fineWOW! These are the words that I was thinking in every single scene in this film. Epic is written all over it, adventure and fantasy and heart are all contained within it. This film really does have heart and it brings the entire magical and amazing film series to a close in the best way possible. I love the way the film unfolds, emotionally and epically. The film is under the fine direction of David Yates, with the best acting ensemble ever brought into a film series (boasting for the three leads and Alan Rickman's performance), the visuals are spectacular (as always), the set designs are amazing (as always), the music is magical (Alexandre Desplat really delivers what we need to hear). This film is perfect in every way and is a movie event of a lifetime. Spectacular film. BEST film of the entire series and one of the BEST fantasy films ever made and one of the BEST films ever made. Simply magical. Expand
  35. Jul 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warning: Starts a bit b*tchy, deeper critiques later on.. Coming from a book reader standpoint: completely insulting. The end "battle" between Voldemort and Harry felt like a slap in the face. Why did it have to have a battle. The whole point the book tries to make is Harry never attacks Voldemort, and never outright kills him. (In the books) Their very tense last conversation as they circle each other down to the ray of light cutting across the sky was absolutely breathtaking to read. Whereas in the film, they have a full minute hugathon battle across Hogwarts and climaxed in a game of "Just the Tip" with their wands. Other things that bugged me: cartooning Bellatrix's death was just silly. The movie canon never mentioned Lupin and Tonks ever having a child so why did the act like he did at the end? It must of confused non-book readers, same goes for Sirius' mirror shard. Fred's death off-screen (its on screen in the book). Why do all the minor actors in this series like Xenophilius Lovegood (HPDH part 1) and the actress who plays The Grey Lady have to shout out suddenly and randomly in order to convey emotions, it's almost like the creators felt as though the audience would be too unintelligent to figure out what emotion the actors are feeling or the actors were not good at their parts. And finally simply breaking the UNBEATABLE wand in half like it is really just a twig. I would have liked to give it a better score than a 3 but this movie left me feeling really dead inside, and not because the series was over. I cannot even read the books anymore, which saddens me greatly. And if a movie can have that kind of negative effect on my life, I feel I have to give it what I give it. I know many love it, even the book readers. There are good some things I have to give them props for being topnotch (visual effect and minor things) with its huge budget and all that keep it from a 1 which is what I want to give it Non-book readers no doubt found it spectacular, but I can't, in good conscience, give it a better score. The books had been an vast part of my life since I was eight (1999), and the film completely broke me for awhile and there is nothing more that I can say than that. Expand
  36. Jul 12, 2013
    The magic is back, but it's not better than ever, it's just more surprising than ever. It's certainly a step up in terms of filmmaking from Part 1 to Part 2. However, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has no sense for ambition. There's no risk for success. David Yates just gives us a very safe, but well-made 2nd part and respectfully final chapter to the Harry Potter franchise. IThe magic is back, but it's not better than ever, it's just more surprising than ever. It's certainly a step up in terms of filmmaking from Part 1 to Part 2. However, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has no sense for ambition. There's no risk for success. David Yates just gives us a very safe, but well-made 2nd part and respectfully final chapter to the Harry Potter franchise. I just didn't feel the emotion in the end. The tone an the visual all seems much more stirring and captivating. The story, especially, offers an eye full. Part 2 offers unexpectedly deep, perspective-altering and jaw-dropping surprises that'll throw you for a whirlwind of tears and sensible realization. Highly gripping, sentimental, and staggering levels of entertainment is brought to the big screen, and it's irresistible. Yet, the movie disappointingly doesn't go beyond it's comfort zone for success to achieve something spectacular. It just satisfies. The ending, as it did follow the book, is lazily executed and mistakingly ignores the small, reoccuring and culturally mirculous elements evident in each of the previous 6 films' conclusions. Instead Yates justified his ending on the book's. His job is to satisfy the books needs, but also the film's needs and especially in that area of delivery. As a conclusion it needs to reminisce, bring full circle, and revisit the visual elements of the previous films or else those elements meant nothing in developing any form of matter in the story visually, since they are there for the sole purpose to give the Potter universe it's final scene signature. It's how you bring together and conclude a series of films in a complete manner. But David decides to ignore those things and make the ending just fine. But for the biggest, grandest, and most successful movie franchise of all time (despite Star Wars), it didn't do it justice.

Altogether, this is a very enjoyable Harry Potter movie. A fun, emotional, and magical ride right until the end. Highly entertaining with an epic score, a breathtaking climax in the middle of the film, and a soul-shivering vision. The two parts combine the best Harry Potter film to date, but separately as they are, they are individual PARTS of a large movie, but still individual movies, and need to be treated like that. By themselves there are standard Potter movies with one of the most unique instalments (Part 1). Part 2 is striving for, and at times thinks it's achieving, greatness. In the thick of things, it truthfully reaches wonders. But in it's ultimate delivery, it plays it extremely safe and in hindsight, it only did what the book asked. It didn't take the material and visualize it on an ambitious level. It may feel, look, and appear so and it does in the movies high points. But still that's what the book asked it to do. It plays it safe, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's still good. But applaud Rowling for her story and only nod at Yates' vision. Be entertained, but don't expect wonder.
  37. Jul 10, 2013
    Just watching this gets me teary-eyed. It's really sad to see Harry go, and just seeing Fred die, and Lupin and Snape and all the good guys die is depressing, but the movie was an absolute success, please bring back Harry!
  38. Jul 9, 2013
    The empowering climatic film of them all, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" manages to pull off a satisfying conclusion, to their fans and to newcomers to come. With dark themes placed towards the end; older audiences are able to enjoy its wonderful turns and visuals. While staying true to the book; its visuals manage to pull it off and will leave you interested, despiteThe empowering climatic film of them all, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" manages to pull off a satisfying conclusion, to their fans and to newcomers to come. With dark themes placed towards the end; older audiences are able to enjoy its wonderful turns and visuals. While staying true to the book; its visuals manage to pull it off and will leave you interested, despite knowing the ending. To put it all in one word would be "Magic" Expand
  39. Jun 28, 2013
    Total crap along with the majority of these other horrible Potter movies. BOOO. acting was laughable and Rupert should be given an award for being a worthless fool.
  40. Jun 25, 2013
    I could watch Harry Potter saga finale over and over again, it is amazing and one of the greatest movies ever made, it is certainly dazzling with effects and action sequences, it is one of the best and again certainly a great epic end to the most lovable series of entertainment ever created.
  41. Jun 14, 2013
    An amazing end to a franchise amazing! "Always"

An amazing end to a franchise amazing! "Always"

Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a movie that leaves you breathless, his heart is in his mouth, I take back everything I said when I saw David Yates HP5, he did something great with the last Harry Potter, something I will not be forgotten, the effects are brilliant if deserved the Oscar? YES deserved. A brilliant soundtrack, great cast Daniel Radcliffe showed that is Harry Potter, he saw that this is the movie of Harry, is the end of Harry, and he needed to give his best The script is short and glossy by has missed more than a few scenes, the film is brilliant everything was very well done makeup from the direction of art, a worthy end for a perfect franchise
  42. Jun 11, 2013
    The best Harry potter movie ever made and the best ending of an extraordinary movie series. Felt sad that it actually end. Bye Bye potter
  43. May 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was a great ending to the franchise. The action was awesome it was very much like the book. Although I was very disappointed with Fred's death in this movie. Harry Potter fans unite! Expand
  44. May 27, 2013
    Why will I like this The characters are horrible, all protagonist and antagonist. Harry Potter wear unattractive looks with glasses, and fight by magic sticks, flying around by bloom. I don't like tough guy, macho, huge muscle protagonist, I like characters who are physically weak with weak weapon. But I still don't like this. I like protagonist like from most horror movies and mafiaWhy will I like this The characters are horrible, all protagonist and antagonist. Harry Potter wear unattractive looks with glasses, and fight by magic sticks, flying around by bloom. I don't like tough guy, macho, huge muscle protagonist, I like characters who are physically weak with weak weapon. But I still don't like this. I like protagonist like from most horror movies and mafia movies like Scarface, and Training Day. Expand
  45. May 19, 2013
    This final film is the most adult of the series, as well as the most violent, and emotionally compelling film of the series. It's a fantastic and fitting end to an always reliable film series. I enjoyed this movie immensely and must categorically state that it's the best film of the entire series.
  46. May 11, 2013
    It is the final epic war of the in-our-hearts franchise that will stay forever! It is great with visuals, story line and the acting, overall a great movie and a powerful ending for an ever lasting series!
  47. Apr 28, 2013
    I know this is my first review,but that doesn't mean I can't say that this is the best movie I have ever seen.This film is a perfect conclusion to the Harry Potter series.
  48. Apr 14, 2013
    Entertaining, great special effects, great acting, great writing, great directing, and a flawless ending. This is probably the best finale to a fantasy film series I have ever seen. The ending is more satisfying than anyone could ever hope for. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is all I can really say.
  49. Mar 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OMG, the battle of hogwarts! I waited for this one so long! I almost cried when i saw the title on the begining. It was amazing, but probably not the way i was expecting it to be. I hated that they cut so much! Why they didn't show us how Fred died? Or Lupin? I mean that's what could make this movie more dramatic! It's the end man! When Harry killed Voldemort, why people were so indifferent... especially when he hugged Hagrid i expected him to say something more that "Harry...." what the? He killed the dark Lord man! And why when he found out that he's a Horcruxe and decided to let Voldemort kill him, Ron and Hermione didn't try to stop him? I mean Hermione felt sad when she found out that Harry's dead but i felt like Ron didn't give a about anything! Everything else was GREAT! So i would give this movie a 10/10 because i believe it could be better, but since it's not perfect, my final score is 8/10! Thank you J.K.Rowling for this great saga that i'm going to remember my whole life! Expand
  50. Mar 26, 2013
    o melhor filme da serie, que conta o final surpreendente dessa saga, os efeitos especiais são os melhores, a unica coisa que faltou foi um Oscar de melhor maquiagem que foi dado a Dama de Ferro.
  51. Mar 23, 2013
    It was always customary to see in theaters from time to time a new Harry Potter movie. And honestly I only saw this in the cinema, because the final was a successful series so I felt I could perdermlo, for it to look that promised much and that was a good ending to a good series.
    The quality of the actors is incalculable, with its mere presence evokes an air of grandeur worthy of the epic battle that screen presence. Inequality of young players with veterans is evident to steal the attention with mere seconds, even so, it was inevitable to achieve some degree of equality that hopefully eventually succeed in their future careers remedy. A clear example is when Harry discovers that he must die, was to tear the terror is in those moments when you need to exploit by cruel fate, although the interpretation is sound without falling into melodrama, hoping to convey at least some anxiety and not their proprietary attitude calmudez poteriana of us already accustomed for a long time. Needless to say, a lot of passionate kisses that happen to be pinching speaking, that all they convey are laughs from the audience, so, I fail to be epic this film.
    There are too many hits for the tape to receive their deserved recognition. One of many is the battle for Hogwarts, which happens to be attached visual effects spectacle brought to levels that rival the Lord of the Rings, easily could have changed the approach to the massive destruction suffered by the venerable school, but here lies a feature that many other movies they forget when we sell a dozen explosions in exchange of emotions that his characters suffer.
    Is to recognize coherence Rowling to write an ending that does not betray its own rules.
    Director David Yates to retaken every detail of the saga that turns into a memorama of past experiences. If anything has been fortunate to have the public's preferences, at least achieving transcend himself with this duo straps. Unfortunately not everything is magical during his leadership.
    It's time to say goodbye to a magical world like no other. It was not a perfect film saga, Still, like no other Hogwarts. Goodbye Potter.

A good farewell to you.
    My Score: 9.6
  52. Mar 21, 2013
    I admit it, I haven't read the book (Its like 1000 pages, you done lost your mind). But I know enough from what my class has said about it. Apparently what they've said and the movie aren't the same. It seems as this movie spread into two had no plot in either. At least the others tried and succeded. This one just was basically action. And I'm one of those people who wouldn't mind no realI admit it, I haven't read the book (Its like 1000 pages, you done lost your mind). But I know enough from what my class has said about it. Apparently what they've said and the movie aren't the same. It seems as this movie spread into two had no plot in either. At least the others tried and succeded. This one just was basically action. And I'm one of those people who wouldn't mind no real plot, but the acting I've seen better. I personally think Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader was much more entertaining, and visually better. Plus it had more 'Magic' if you get what Im saying, even without there full cast. Percy Jackson I believe and I actually read all the Percy Jackson books, they made a better movie. Whats wrong with Harry Potter, the acting is less then good. Why do critics praise these movies, Im almost 95% sure non of them have even picked up the book. Part 1 was distant and made the point unclear, part 2 was nothing more then action and effects. Watch if your a fan but no much Collapse
  53. Mar 8, 2013
    An amazing and epic cinematic conclusion to the Harry Potter series. Of course, the books were far superior in every way but these last couple of movies really did do an amazing job capturing the meaning behind every scene which the earlier films couldn't quite do. The acting continued to improve in every film as did the development of the overall story arc and characters. I also felt likeAn amazing and epic cinematic conclusion to the Harry Potter series. Of course, the books were far superior in every way but these last couple of movies really did do an amazing job capturing the meaning behind every scene which the earlier films couldn't quite do. The acting continued to improve in every film as did the development of the overall story arc and characters. I also felt like this was the best movie in terms of not needing to have read the books in order to fully engage in the story. Overall, I am very glad that I was able to complete the book series and films. This entire process has been an enjoyable one and that is the ultimate point of all mediums of entertainment, isn't it? To enjoy it? That's always been my belief and this story was absolutely captivating. I can't wait until the next time I can make it to Universal Studios to check out what I've heard is an amazing job at recreating the environment. Thank you J.K. Rowling for providing premium entertainment for my mind! Expand
  54. Jan 17, 2013
    This is the best Harry Potter movie i've ever seen
  55. Jan 9, 2013
    It seems a lot of Potter fans are so lost and deluded in their love of the source material that they forget that the films here actually need to be films and not primarily a soulless copycat of the novels. This isn't perfectly judged but the vast majority of it has been and it is an exceptionally well made blockbuster with enough soul to match the heavy effects that feature this time.It seems a lot of Potter fans are so lost and deluded in their love of the source material that they forget that the films here actually need to be films and not primarily a soulless copycat of the novels. This isn't perfectly judged but the vast majority of it has been and it is an exceptionally well made blockbuster with enough soul to match the heavy effects that feature this time. However what is really testament to the success of not just this film but also of the whole series, is that the quieter and more character drive moments really outshine the action and spectacle. Exceptional performances from the whole cast and it has a rousing and satisfying conclusion. It's a shame not all the secondary characters get the send off most would have liked but it is a minor quibble. A powerful end to a mighty series. Expand
  56. Jan 2, 2013
    It was the best Harry Potter movie I have ever seen. It was addicting, I wanted to watch it over and over again. Unlike episode 1, the mood was much darker, and exciting. Graphic didn't improve much from the last episode, but they shortened the book well, so that only the important and fun parts are left, battle was enjoyable, exciting, and just addicting. Music was directed well, it fitsIt was the best Harry Potter movie I have ever seen. It was addicting, I wanted to watch it over and over again. Unlike episode 1, the mood was much darker, and exciting. Graphic didn't improve much from the last episode, but they shortened the book well, so that only the important and fun parts are left, battle was enjoyable, exciting, and just addicting. Music was directed well, it fits with the scenes, it was a wonderful wrap up for the Harry Potter series, I think the director did an excellent job on this movie. It is outstanding, and I will miss the Harry Potter series. Expand
  57. Dec 21, 2012
    It's hard to put it into words but I thought that this was legit even better than the book. The action sequences were sorten but that's not was makes a good film. Excitement and plot make a good film and that's exactly what the last Harry Potter did.
  58. Dec 20, 2012
    You do realize that movies aren't the same as books. Books, on the whole, are much better because they are BOOKS. Not films. If the Potter films were actual "book/movies" they would be 8 hours long. I've read the books countless times, and i'm telling you, this movie is great. It's not one of the classics, but it's amazing. I sobbed when i saw this with a friend. I'm telling you, rightYou do realize that movies aren't the same as books. Books, on the whole, are much better because they are BOOKS. Not films. If the Potter films were actual "book/movies" they would be 8 hours long. I've read the books countless times, and i'm telling you, this movie is great. It's not one of the classics, but it's amazing. I sobbed when i saw this with a friend. I'm telling you, right now, this is a beautiful cinematic experience that will last forever. One of my favorites, actually. Great, great, everything! Expand
  59. Nov 28, 2012
    An excellent finish to an excellent franchise. "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2" brings everything home in a spectacular and spellbinding fashion.
  60. Nov 12, 2012
    Oh, the despair! The disappointment! The first half of the movie is Ok and comes from the same vein as the part 1. It was lively, enjoyable, respectful of the book. But the Battle of Hogwarts??? COME ON! How could they do that? How could they twist the last part of this super saga into a kind of video game on screen? The visual effects give all the images a kind of melted, waxyOh, the despair! The disappointment! The first half of the movie is Ok and comes from the same vein as the part 1. It was lively, enjoyable, respectful of the book. But the Battle of Hogwarts??? COME ON! How could they do that? How could they twist the last part of this super saga into a kind of video game on screen? The visual effects give all the images a kind of melted, waxy appearance... All the scenes the book fans have been rehearsing in their minds, waiting for the movie like Molly Weasley killing Beatrix, the last face-to-face between Harry and Voldemort... they're either absent or spoiled. Honestly, I think I won't even buy the dvd... Expand
  61. Nov 10, 2012
    This is the last Potter film. It is basically a giant battle and that is it. There is much fighting, many deaths, and several battles. I like many of the previous Potter's for having a line between fighting and drama between the characters. Here they feel a bit mashed together. This was not the best of the Potter films, but it certainly gave an effort to be. The performances are strong andThis is the last Potter film. It is basically a giant battle and that is it. There is much fighting, many deaths, and several battles. I like many of the previous Potter's for having a line between fighting and drama between the characters. Here they feel a bit mashed together. This was not the best of the Potter films, but it certainly gave an effort to be. The performances are strong and there are familiar faces. The visuals are breath taking and marvelous. It is sad to say goodbye to the gang. I will miss the Potter films. Well done Harry! The series definitely went out on a good note. Expand
  62. Nov 10, 2012
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  63. Nov 8, 2012
    Part 2 rips Part 1 to shreds. It is everything the first film wasn't- it's adventurous, fantastical, and epic. A stunning and dazzling conclusion to the Harry Potter legacy.
  64. Sep 8, 2012
    This.is.Pure.Perfection.
    One of the Greatest Movies i've very seen. EVER. You should see it. Sincerely, I couldn't hope for better, this final installment was flawlessly the perfect finale for a phenomenal and historic series in cinema history.
  65. Aug 25, 2012
    I much prefer the books and I think this film was overly hyped (for obvious reasons). It is a shame that they felt the need to split the films because very little happened in this film and it could have been cut down quite significantly. A bit of a sad day for Britain now that Harry Potter has finished but the books would always be my recommendation.
  66. Aug 14, 2012
    The Harry Potter saga has been a long and sometimes tedious one. However the final film puts all that behind it and continues with the brilliance that was Part 1 to bring the saga to its stunning conclusion. The good thing about having 2 films for the final book means they could cram more into it, make sure everything they could possibly get in was in, and that is exactly what hasThe Harry Potter saga has been a long and sometimes tedious one. However the final film puts all that behind it and continues with the brilliance that was Part 1 to bring the saga to its stunning conclusion. The good thing about having 2 films for the final book means they could cram more into it, make sure everything they could possibly get in was in, and that is exactly what has happened. Harry Potter is a series everyone should experience from beginning to end even with its stumbles in the middle. Expand
  67. Aug 10, 2012
    I wanted to like this more... I really did, especially having grown up with the books. However, muddled plotting and copious amounts of expository dialogue, due to a rushed pace, kept this film from realizing its full potential.
  68. Jul 29, 2012
    A satisfying ending that is beyond my expectations, the perfect ending to a perfect series, thank you J.K. Rowling once more for a book series that really is a worldwide phenomenon.
  69. Jul 12, 2012
    Oh, wow. This movie deserves an 11. It's just so perfect in every way and so satisfying. I have nothing bad to say about it. Absolute masterpiece. Sad to have Harry Potter end, though. What a brilliant movie series!
  70. Jul 6, 2012
    Harry potter and the deathly hallows is an awesome action/fantasy/sci-fi/drama/comedy movie, it does each one of those genres really well. It's brilliant. It has exciting action, great acting, an amazing plot which you can tell is really thought out well, very good music and brilliant character building for all the main and secondary characters. It's definitely the greatest harry potterHarry potter and the deathly hallows is an awesome action/fantasy/sci-fi/drama/comedy movie, it does each one of those genres really well. It's brilliant. It has exciting action, great acting, an amazing plot which you can tell is really thought out well, very good music and brilliant character building for all the main and secondary characters. It's definitely the greatest harry potter movie, it truly deserves a 10/10, seriously, if you haven't seen this impressive and action-packed movie, I really recommend watching it! Expand
  71. Jul 5, 2012
    This movie is fantastic.The Hogwarts battle scenes is wonderful.But many magical creatures didn't show up makes me a little bit disappointed.I love the style of the movie.
  72. Jun 26, 2012
    The latest Harry Potter film concludes an epic saga: we're talking about one of the most successful episodes, but that does not appeal to those who never liked the boy wizard. Not bad, though.
  73. Jun 9, 2012
    Individually ,each Harry Potter never satisfies and feel commercial and 'crass' by splitting the final book into two parts. Still, one of the best Harry Potter installments out there.
  74. May 17, 2012
    The special effects are fantastic, the story is more than perfect, and the epicness and joy of watching the movie is one that I didn't have for a very long time before this came out. What else to expect from a movie? This is perfect.
  75. May 15, 2012
    The first time I saw this I was caught up in all the effects and a lot of the plot and story got lost in the shuffle. Viewing it a second time I realized how taut the script for this final installment was. The screenplay for this last vision is very tight and well written. The effects are outstanding. After many years of Harry Potter I have a few complaints and one is turning EmmaThe first time I saw this I was caught up in all the effects and a lot of the plot and story got lost in the shuffle. Viewing it a second time I realized how taut the script for this final installment was. The screenplay for this last vision is very tight and well written. The effects are outstanding. After many years of Harry Potter I have a few complaints and one is turning Emma Watson into this whiney frump girl who seems to be on the verge of hopelessness like she popped a pill every morning. Radcliffe has certainly matured and grown into this role. The Producers were lucky to find him and lucky he was perfect for Harry. This was the best of all the Potter films in my opinion and one of the best films of 2011 if not the best. Expand
  76. May 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dark,Thrilling,Engaging and entertaining.With the great performances by all the actors and with a great storyline Harry Potter finally came to satisfying conclusion.
    I know it's somewhat disappointing for the franchise book lovers but it's best movie in the movie series.
    i loved how it ended and left a moral and great mark on all of our mind .we will always miss you Harry Potter and your friends.
  77. May 11, 2012
    Ultimately disappointing. The biggest problem with the conclusion of this franchise is that Harry so unflappably walks the path of good that his victory over Voldemort not only feels inevitable, but hollow. What made The Return of the King - another fantasy epic - such a great conclusion was Frodo continuously succumbing to evil. While in that we knew good would triumph, it was such aUltimately disappointing. The biggest problem with the conclusion of this franchise is that Harry so unflappably walks the path of good that his victory over Voldemort not only feels inevitable, but hollow. What made The Return of the King - another fantasy epic - such a great conclusion was Frodo continuously succumbing to evil. While in that we knew good would triumph, it was such a struggle to get there. This, and the previous film were both diluted by its over-reliance on effects, hollow uninteresting battle scenes, hammy dialogue - lines such as "I've always wanted to use that spell", and the poorly delivered "Yeah? You and who's army?" and nothing in the way of much of a story. At no time did it feel as if our heroes were in any danger or placed in impossible situations. Expand
  78. Apr 16, 2012
    Figuring out how to appropriately explain this film in a fair light is impossible. Without reading the books I can't say how much was left out. But what I can say is that, while the books are incredible (from what I hear), most movies are not true screen adaptations that capture everything that might be important or wonderful from the text. Yates did a wonderful job wrapping up theFiguring out how to appropriately explain this film in a fair light is impossible. Without reading the books I can't say how much was left out. But what I can say is that, while the books are incredible (from what I hear), most movies are not true screen adaptations that capture everything that might be important or wonderful from the text. Yates did a wonderful job wrapping up the series. Deathly Hallows Part 2 comes off as more engaging and more fun than Part 1 as a movie, given that there is a lot more going on, and ultimately ends up being one of the most enjoyable Harry Potter films of the whole series. I would have gladly given another 20 minutes for Yates & crew to explain and appropriately tie up the entire story as many fans (both those who enjoyed and were disappointed) have commented on. But what's done is done. It's not quite perfect, but it's a wonderful and successful ending to what has been one of the most important adaptations ever. I'll certainly miss seeing the world and characters of Harry Potter in new ways, but at least there were so many films to give breath visually to a series JK Rowling created... and in the scope of a childrens novel. The movie is great, and it leaves you wanting more as it makes an exit in "styyyle". Expand
  79. Apr 9, 2012
    I found the film amazing and exiting. I cried when Fred, Remus and Tonks died. I also cant believe that this was the last Harry Potter ever. Well bravo to the cast there will never be a film series so great and fantastic again.
  80. Mar 26, 2012
    A total disgrace to the books as well as the rest of the film franchise. It was like 10 years of memories where kicked to the curb and shot by Nazi's. I can not even get into the details of what was so painfully awful with this film. I really do not understand how so many can actually say this was a great ending. This was about as big smelly piece of trash.
  81. Mar 26, 2012
    The visuals and battle scenes are done well, like you would expect from a Harry Potter film or a grand epic. The movie itself felt like an epic, where battles were going on left and right, body counts were more than expected. However, I wish they had spent more time with some of the more major characters that lost their lives for Harry. They kind of just moved on after mourning for about 2The visuals and battle scenes are done well, like you would expect from a Harry Potter film or a grand epic. The movie itself felt like an epic, where battles were going on left and right, body counts were more than expected. However, I wish they had spent more time with some of the more major characters that lost their lives for Harry. They kind of just moved on after mourning for about 2 seconds. But donâ Expand
  82. Mar 25, 2012
    An absolute extreme disappoinment to end the Harry Potter franchise. Poor acting, stupid battle sequences, terrible music, deatils completly left out and ending that will go down as the worst ending ever made for a movie. How can Yates leave out such key relationships at the end. Does he understand anything about the relationships of the characters. David Yates will not only go down asAn absolute extreme disappoinment to end the Harry Potter franchise. Poor acting, stupid battle sequences, terrible music, deatils completly left out and ending that will go down as the worst ending ever made for a movie. How can Yates leave out such key relationships at the end. Does he understand anything about the relationships of the characters. David Yates will not only go down as the director that totally screwed up Harry Potter but as one of the worst directors of the 21th century. Expand
  83. Mar 25, 2012
    This film does exactly what the finale should do which is after watching this, I feel not only enthralled by the movie before me but my appreciation for the other Potter movies built with it
  84. Mar 16, 2012
    Wow. This is how you end a franchise. When it comes to the big finale it's so easy for films to fall flat on their faces but not with Harry Potter, this film is as good and as epic as all the trailers hyped it up to be. I am really annoyed that this wasn't up for more Oscars other than its technical achievements. I felt that David Yates has got better and better with these films since heWow. This is how you end a franchise. When it comes to the big finale it's so easy for films to fall flat on their faces but not with Harry Potter, this film is as good and as epic as all the trailers hyped it up to be. I am really annoyed that this wasn't up for more Oscars other than its technical achievements. I felt that David Yates has got better and better with these films since he took as over as director with Order of the Phoenix, and I truely fell that his work with Deathly Hallows part 2 puts him up there with the best directors of the industry, in my opinion anyway. It got so many things right, the genuinely epic and emotional battle for hogwarts, the fight between good and evil, the story of Snape and so much more. However I dont think it got everything right, for example the whole story of Dumbeldor felt a bit under developed compared to the book. Its not perfect but I still give it a 10 because of everything it gets right. The actors seem to all be at their best for the finale with Ralph Fienes as Voldemort giving the best performance for me, the soundtrack is mind blowing and the special effects are stunning as always. This is a masterpiece in my eyes and the franchise could not have gotten much of a better finale. Expand
  85. Mar 14, 2012
    I've grown watching Harry Potter like the rest of the Potterheads, It was a beautiful ending to one of the longest running movie franchise. Though it has it's flaws, it will still be one of the best of 2011.
  86. Mar 2, 2012
    Incredible form to close one of the best sagas of all the world, this film of Potter is the better, one day I watch the two films together and is and awesome film. Good bye Harry Potter.
  87. Feb 13, 2012
    I was so hyped for this movie and when I saw it I was shocked. It's complete **** There are so many stupid jokes that ruin everything! Don't watch this movie!
  88. Feb 10, 2012
    I'm a Harry Potter fan since I was 8 years. Now the series is over and I'll miss you, and the latter film could not have been better - exceeded all my expectations - if I could give an average score of 1000 for it, I would. This movie is fantastic, magical and deserves to be watched by all generations ... Harry Potter forever !
  89. Jan 28, 2012
    It was ok. Its pretty much the norm of what is expected for a Harry Potter film imo and its neither good nor bad, Its above average really. I liked it though and I guess thats what matters most.

(also I hated how critics praised this film. they only rated it so high because it was the last film in the series. lets not kid ourselves here, most people on this site as well will give it a high score because its the last film and they are fanboys/girls).
  90. Jan 24, 2012
    I actually read all the books and I know they changed a lot of things from the book but it is still a very good movie and addition for the series. Not every movie based on the book have to be exactly like the book. The war scene was different butit doesn't matter because if they went by the book the continuality of the scene would have taken to long and they would just pop up all togetherI actually read all the books and I know they changed a lot of things from the book but it is still a very good movie and addition for the series. Not every movie based on the book have to be exactly like the book. The war scene was different butit doesn't matter because if they went by the book the continuality of the scene would have taken to long and they would just pop up all together and the people who haven't read the book would be like what the **** So yes this is a great film in its own way which most book adaptations can't say. The acting and special effects were great. Also it's not the director who changes everything it's the writer. Expand
  91. Jan 18, 2012
    Hello and I am aspiring critic. I am 16 years of age and have created a blog for a few reviews that I have written. I was hoping that you may be interested in checking it out http://shutethecritic.blogspot.com/2012/01/inbetweeners-movie-2011-film-review.html
    One day I hope to have a an impact on metascores, but first I need some feedback
  92. Jan 15, 2012
    One thing I was looking forward to in this movie (which I think a lot of old school adventure fans would agree on) when the hero goes to defeat evil its normally in a HUGE glorious battle Lord Of The Rings is a PERFECT example of this. But in this movie the final confrontation between Harry and Voldermort was built up soooooo much that what took over 8 films to hype us up for the finalOne thing I was looking forward to in this movie (which I think a lot of old school adventure fans would agree on) when the hero goes to defeat evil its normally in a HUGE glorious battle Lord Of The Rings is a PERFECT example of this. But in this movie the final confrontation between Harry and Voldermort was built up soooooo much that what took over 8 films to hype us up for the final battle ended in mere minutes 3/4 of the way through the film. Thus leaving me VERY dissatisfied already I figured "well I am watching it now, might as well see it through" , the thing I hated yet LOVED about the Lord Of The Rings movies was even though the films had a long running time it TOOK that time and explained everything in detail and had you leaving the cinema adventure satisfied. Harry Potter on the other hand takes less than 5-10mins to explain what the after events of the Deathly Hallows is and I felt ripped off as an adventure fan, hell even my inner child was raging inside of me of the end result. For the new generation of children I take my hat off to you for enjoying this film, however for people like me (80s kid) who grew up with the best expectations from adventure films such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc this is not for you Expand
  93. Jan 11, 2012
    This movie was very depressing, not only because of the ending and the story, but because I could see my childhood coming through and going away. This saga will always remember me in my childhood. IIt was decent for ending the saga, but some action that was on the book was missing. Anyway I liked it. GOOD BYE CHILDHOOD!
  94. Jan 6, 2012
    A fantastic ending for the series, it's packed with action and emotion, and the light touches of humor during certain places are nice, although I do wish they would have given us more information on the new characters, and I found Voldemort's death was kind of unsatisfactory, but this is still one of the best in the series and will please every fan of this fantastic series, a must watch.
  95. Jan 2, 2012
    I must start to say that I have not seen any of the Potter movies except this one. I was curious to see how it held up on its own. I was very happy to see that the movie explained much of the background to the whole conflict. The film does not have much story to it. it is merely a recapulation of the story with a stunning climax. The film sets a good tone with it's dark feel. Overall theI must start to say that I have not seen any of the Potter movies except this one. I was curious to see how it held up on its own. I was very happy to see that the movie explained much of the background to the whole conflict. The film does not have much story to it. it is merely a recapulation of the story with a stunning climax. The film sets a good tone with it's dark feel. Overall the film plays off the success and developpement of all the other movies. Overall a not bad movie that plays of the success of the others, but it does deliver a well done climax. Expand
  96. Dec 30, 2011
    A great ending for a good series, but it wasn't epic enough. The focus was great on the three main characters, however the technical flaw was that it didn't go exactly by the book and some of the drama parts from the book were cut off. Also some of the other characters that died in the movie (as according to the book) should have been seen. The deleted scenes on the DVD & Blu-ray releasesA great ending for a good series, but it wasn't epic enough. The focus was great on the three main characters, however the technical flaw was that it didn't go exactly by the book and some of the drama parts from the book were cut off. Also some of the other characters that died in the movie (as according to the book) should have been seen. The deleted scenes on the DVD & Blu-ray releases of this movie weren't enough to justify an incomplete movie. Expand
  97. Dec 29, 2011
    A visually dazzling, powerfully acted, epic and emotionally satisfying conclusion to one of the best series ever put to film. If this doesn't get major Oscar nominations and/or wins, I will forever be angry with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences lol :) . 4/4 stars.
  98. Dec 29, 2011
    NO, No, it cant be. it feels like my childhood has ended and there a hole in my heart. after 10 years of reading the books and watching the movies (in that order) the epic series has come to an end. now it would be a lie if i said that i was completely satisfied with the film, but after watching all of the adaptations of the books what was I really expecting? did i think that they wouldNO, No, it cant be. it feels like my childhood has ended and there a hole in my heart. after 10 years of reading the books and watching the movies (in that order) the epic series has come to an end. now it would be a lie if i said that i was completely satisfied with the film, but after watching all of the adaptations of the books what was I really expecting? did i think that they would have everything that was in the book in the movie? no, of course not, if they did that it would have to have been split into three films. what they did do was the best adaptation they could possible do while still keeping true to the novel. sure there were thing that they cut that i wanted to see (especially the dark side of young Dumbledore story, which i was really really looking forward to. and the epilogue could have been longer and have more dialogue in my opinion, not really sure why they didn't do that actually) but want can you do, it's a long book. the movie itself was great, the acting from the three leads has really improved throughout the years and although there were some point in the film were it felt a little inorganic its nothing to complain about, the acting from everyone else was amazing the cinematography was excellent, i really liked the use of natural vast landscapes, great set design, costume, directing, writing, action scenes were incredible. it was a great ending to a great series.i do think if you haven't read the book you might enjoy it more, but at the same time you might understand less. there were certain things that they didn't explain the the film that you could only know if you read the book (like why they said you-know-how instead of his name). i would recommend to anyone (as if this review will actually affect people decision on whether of not they watch it, either you hate hp or you love hp), the only thing is that you should watch both parts together (in the same day, or the day after) especially if you haven't read the books. oh and if you haven't read the books read them, they're amazing (the reason i read today). Expand
  99. Dec 28, 2011
    Arguably ties with Sorcerer's Stone for the title of The Very Best Harry Potter Movie Ever Made In The Whole Wide World. The film was both breathtakingly epic and breathtakingly emotional, to the nth degree. Although not done by John Williams, the film score is excellent and speaks so much without words. Snape's flashbacks were brilliantly done, and this time, every departure from the bookArguably ties with Sorcerer's Stone for the title of The Very Best Harry Potter Movie Ever Made In The Whole Wide World. The film was both breathtakingly epic and breathtakingly emotional, to the nth degree. Although not done by John Williams, the film score is excellent and speaks so much without words. Snape's flashbacks were brilliantly done, and this time, every departure from the book only makes the impact greater. And at the very end, the film wraps back around in mood to the warm, enchanting feel of the first film by using John Williams's original movie score, invoking both nostalgia and satisfaction. Everyone is sad to see Harry Potter go and the director knows it, and he pulls out all the stops to tease the viewers' tear ducts. A wonderful conclusion to a wonderful series. Expand
  100. Dec 28, 2011
    What a perfect way to finish such a inspirational and moving series. Overall everyone perfect. the best actor was by far Alan Rickman as Severus Snape. The darkness adds the emotional and action pack fim. everything was perfect and acting was not overdone like part one was. I am really proud to call the best film of 2011.

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Jul 18, 2011
    When the movie was over, a young boy sitting behind me said, "That was great!" He was satisfied, and rightly so.
  2. Reviewed by: Shawn Levy
    Jul 14, 2011
    The excellent news is that Yates and company took their time adding visual depth to the film -- they shot it as 3-D -- and the result feels immediate and real and not at all slathered-on.
  3. Reviewed by: Amy Biancolli
    Jul 14, 2011
    The epic and impassioned close that the saga deserves, a sweeping Wagnerian finish that's taut with suspense and wet with emotion.