7.8

1. JenniferB.
    Jul 7, 2008
    KP You need to get a life! are you normal, you should write a book. Harry Potter was great, yeh they left a lot out but how many children can keep up with jk rowlings twists and turns. Stop analyzing in depth and start enjoying whats on screen, trust me it help!
  2. StanW.
    Nov 20, 2005
    This movie has it all, adventure, action, a little romance, comedy, just a complete movie. The 2.5 hours seem like 1.5 hours. All ages will enjoy this movie, there are many climax to the movie.
  3. AndyW.
    Nov 22, 2005
    Four down. Three more to go. Best one ever made..according to my list it goes: 1)Goblet of Fire 2)Prisoner of Azkaban 3)Philosopher's Stone 4)Chamber of Secrets
  4. SeanR.
    Nov 23, 2005
    Especially moving performance by the father of the boy who dies.
  5. nightclaw
    Dec 21, 2005
    This is the cooles movie.
  6. StacyR
    Dec 20, 2005
    Now this is why we go to the movies! A thriller, adventure, and comedy wrapped into a skillful package. Surprisingly plays well with all ages. Flawless effects and well-rounded performances make this one the surprise must-see of the year.
  7. RudyC.
    Dec 27, 2005
    Spectacularly well adapted from the book ! The best one yet, far ahead ! I totally loved it ! The three main character's acting is excellent and the spirit of the book is well transcripted into the movie ! It's a must-see ! I hope you enjoyed it as I did !
  8. MicahE.
    Loved it.
  9. MiladS.
    Jan 3, 2006
    This movie was the best movie i had ever seen . You most be a Harry Potter reader to understand it !
  10. D
    Jan 4, 2006
    Best Harry Potter Movie yet. Can't complain!
  11. sritikac.
    Jan 5, 2006
    I am a great fan of Daniel. i loved this movie the best. I have seen all the movies a 100 times but i never get bored watching them.
  12. Kasun
    Jan 6, 2006
    I don't know why this movie didn't get higher credits, it was phenomenal.
  13. AlexM.
    Mar 21, 2006
    Best Harry Potter yet. So cool and everything. I read the books and all and im the only one who realizes why lot of people hate it. God people get it through your heads most movies that are created that have books wont be the same. Man you people can get so retarded sometimes.
  14. Jasmine
    Jun 27, 2006
    this movie is so great fantastic man! I like Hermione Granger, Cho Chang and Fleur Delacour they are so pretty especially when Fleur Delacour was in their Beauxbatons uniform and with the hat. The character that i hate is Viktor Krum, he always give himself that type of proud look and give other people that type of proud look, and he is like always thinking that he is the best in the this movie is so great fantastic man! I like Hermione Granger, Cho Chang and Fleur Delacour they are so pretty especially when Fleur Delacour was in their Beauxbatons uniform and with the hat. The character that i hate is Viktor Krum, he always give himself that type of proud look and give other people that type of proud look, and he is like always thinking that he is the best in the world wearing the sports shirt and going out for a exercise at the hogwards beach and attracting girls and he always walks with the chest high up nag as if like hr doesn't do that it will be very disgusting but anyway he is the character that i hate most in HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE. my favorite part was when Fred Weasley and George Weasley drink the aging potion and putting their name in the pot of goblet of fire and when something happen to them then they started fighting that part was so interesting and somehow funny. but although i have a lot of comments HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE this movie RAWKS man sooooooo fun, interesting and exciting. Expand
  15. MattC
    Sep 30, 2006
    Any Harry Potter movie is gonna be good. The only people who might not like it are obsessive fans of the books.
  16. BamM.
    Nov 20, 2007
    I don't think it was bad at all I mean some parts could have been better but for the most part I LOVED IT! I cont think the movie is getting the perks it deserves. If you think it was bad I don't think we were watching the same movie. Watch it again if you think its bad maybe you'll change your mind!!!!!
  17. JadaG.
    Nov 18, 2005
    They did leave many items out of the movie, but the heart of the book as well as the most important scenes were done extremely well. I believe this film has best script out of the four. Also, Mike Newell took the best "suggestions" from the first two directors and expanded on his own. Magic of Ministry's court chamber is exactly as the book describes. Absolutely Perfect.
  18. ScottK.
    Nov 18, 2005
    It is entertaining, the best one yet. That is what movies are supposed to be, entertaining. Therefore, I dont get too caught up in the props, overall story line, etc. It had me on the edge of my seat.
  19. JulieK.
    Nov 18, 2005
    I loved it!! Fab Fab!!! Excellent adaptation of the Goblet of Fire. Mike Newell definitely brings more personality and conflict within the characters. Loved watching the boarding school antics. A definite movie to watch on the big screen don't wait for the DVD. Dragon sequences are the best action yet in the Harry Potter Series. I do have to say that there are remanents of the last I loved it!! Fab Fab!!! Excellent adaptation of the Goblet of Fire. Mike Newell definitely brings more personality and conflict within the characters. Loved watching the boarding school antics. A definite movie to watch on the big screen don't wait for the DVD. Dragon sequences are the best action yet in the Harry Potter Series. I do have to say that there are remanents of the last film in this film. The set design and the dark undertone still linger. Expand
  20. TakN.
    Nov 19, 2005
    Kk ok they left out alot of things. but he captured the book so well and how do u seriously expect them to fit a 700 page book into a 2 1/2 hour movie without changing some thigns? get over it, they did an amazing job. the actors are getting better and better. and the story line was great. its just that ,they had to fit in all the important little clues in order for the plot to work. soKk ok they left out alot of things. but he captured the book so well and how do u seriously expect them to fit a 700 page book into a 2 1/2 hour movie without changing some thigns? get over it, they did an amazing job. the actors are getting better and better. and the story line was great. its just that ,they had to fit in all the important little clues in order for the plot to work. so they had to take out some big things that werent as importatnt to the unfolding of the plot. amazing movie. amazing Expand
  21. G.M.D.K.
    Nov 19, 2005
    Amazing,Beautifully acted powerhouse thriller. This film has everything!it has action, horror, romance, humor,drama, fantasy, adventure, plot, acting, direction, music.... the list could go on and on... But Goblet of Fire might as well be the greatest film I've seen in some long time.Absolutely Amazing!
  22. RadfordD.
    Nov 19, 2005
    Its the best one yet, although much was missed. Where was Ludo Bagman?
  23. MaggieP.
    Nov 19, 2005
    Sure, they had to leave out some of the details of the book, but as a film, "Goblet of Fire" was stunning. I feel they really captured Rowlings atmosphere of magic. What an adventure this film is!
  24. Emily
    Nov 19, 2005
    Yeah a lot was missing from this movie but the book was over seven hundred pages long! There was no way they could put it all in the movie. But this movie was the best of the series by far. It was visually amazing, as other people said, and I thought they did a really good job of condensing the plot into two and a half hours. My three complaints were: no veelas, Flor wasn't mystical Yeah a lot was missing from this movie but the book was over seven hundred pages long! There was no way they could put it all in the movie. But this movie was the best of the series by far. It was visually amazing, as other people said, and I thought they did a really good job of condensing the plot into two and a half hours. My three complaints were: no veelas, Flor wasn't mystical enough, and the ending was a little different. Overall, though, it was amazing!!!! Expand
  25. JeffF.
    Nov 21, 2005
    I had a great time watching this film. I'm always concerned that book-to-film adaptations will lose a lot of the finer points of the book, but that's not the case here. The writing team very nicely trimmed the fat of the book and even enhanced it as they realized there are six distinct acts of narrative, and the rest is non-essential. The only noteworthy plot "changes" are that I had a great time watching this film. I'm always concerned that book-to-film adaptations will lose a lot of the finer points of the book, but that's not the case here. The writing team very nicely trimmed the fat of the book and even enhanced it as they realized there are six distinct acts of narrative, and the rest is non-essential. The only noteworthy plot "changes" are that Barty Crouch Jr appears in the first scene, and the third task is modified a bit (no cloud, skrewt, or sphinx). No house elves either, so anything that Dobby or Winky did was assigned to someone else. They also chopped a ton off the introduction (gimme more Mr. Weasley!) A couple other quick complaints: Hermione is definitely getting around (Ron, Harry, and Krum all seem to be getting some) and Dumbledore has an explosive temper I don't recall reading about (Richard Harris is still missed). The leadup to and the Yule Ball scene were hilarious - boys and girls are so dumb at age 14. The new cast additions are all great: Mad-Eye Moody is magnificent, Rita Skeeter is correctly abominable (but underused) and you can't help but have a huge crush on Cho Chang. The tournament tasks are appropriately breathtaking and the final showdown is equally creepy and exhilarating (what a surprise, Ralph Fiennes is great). I'm thrilled they got this one right; good luck making a movie of the 5th book. Expand
  26. CaptainSadness
    Nov 21, 2005
    At first I thought the movie was going to be lame. It started of with weak diolouge and then after 20 minutes in...I realized I was actually leaning forward in my seat with anticipation. This movie is awesome! I have to say the the Death Eaters, and the plot around them was awesome! The Dark Lord's raising a duel with Harry in the graveyard was stunning! This movie certainly had a At first I thought the movie was going to be lame. It started of with weak diolouge and then after 20 minutes in...I realized I was actually leaning forward in my seat with anticipation. This movie is awesome! I have to say the the Death Eaters, and the plot around them was awesome! The Dark Lord's raising a duel with Harry in the graveyard was stunning! This movie certainly had a creep factor at parts...which is great for the HP frachise! Expand
  27. TravisEmergency
    Nov 20, 2005
    It was amazing. Definetly the best in the series, with excellent acting all around. Tons of action, and the cinematography was great.
  28. Matt
    Nov 21, 2005
    My wife and are both in our thirties, don't read the books, but never miss watching these in the IMAX when they come out. The Dragon scene...with a 6 story screen, was intense to say the least. We are very discerning film watchers, and we both couldn't say enough about how good this movie was. We feel that Daniel, Rupert, and Emma are really maturing as actors, and I felt that My wife and are both in our thirties, don't read the books, but never miss watching these in the IMAX when they come out. The Dragon scene...with a 6 story screen, was intense to say the least. We are very discerning film watchers, and we both couldn't say enough about how good this movie was. We feel that Daniel, Rupert, and Emma are really maturing as actors, and I felt that the pacing, cinematography and writing were all first rate. I laughed out load many times, a testement to the affection one has for these characters we are watching grow up before our eyes. Kudos to everyone involved in this latest installment...not to demean the other movies by any stretch of the imagination. Expand
  29. Pinkerton
    Nov 20, 2005
    Excellent. Intense from start to finish, does away with some of the more annoying, pre-teen plot points and plows headlong into a more adult storyline. The best film yet, better than Curon's which had a great look, but strange pacing. Newell seems to keep a lot of Curon's art direction, though he seems more comfortable with the boarding school setting (he himself went to one). Excellent. Intense from start to finish, does away with some of the more annoying, pre-teen plot points and plows headlong into a more adult storyline. The best film yet, better than Curon's which had a great look, but strange pacing. Newell seems to keep a lot of Curon's art direction, though he seems more comfortable with the boarding school setting (he himself went to one). The pacing is great and the acting is vastly improved. Ralph Finnes as Voldemort is truly breathtaking, he is genuinely frightening, do not take young children to this one. Expand
  30. DaveF.
    Nov 20, 2005
    It may be smack in the middle of the Potter trilogy, but Rowling's strongest book was done full justice with this, easily the best Potter film. Just about perfect in its balance, with every scene achieving its goal; the comedy is laugh-aloud, the horror is can't-bear-to-look, and the action is dazzling. Goblet of Fire boasts the first convincing big-screen dragon, while cutesy It may be smack in the middle of the Potter trilogy, but Rowling's strongest book was done full justice with this, easily the best Potter film. Just about perfect in its balance, with every scene achieving its goal; the comedy is laugh-aloud, the horror is can't-bear-to-look, and the action is dazzling. Goblet of Fire boasts the first convincing big-screen dragon, while cutesy house elves...are nowhere to be seen, thank you Mr. Newell! Did Moaning Myrtle remind anyone else just a bit of gollum? Expand
  31. EmmaT.
    Nov 20, 2005
    I think this was the best on yet! i mean they could have added a little more of the book in it, but the 4th was a very long novel. this movie also is darker and their portrayal of lord voldemort was great. if you just skip the rest of the movie and watched the deatheater scene it would still be worth the price of admission.
  32. Emma
    Nov 23, 2005
    This movie was sooo good!! The grapics were terrific i actually remember being in the movie theater and thinking "oh good he is only at the 2nd trial there is still a lot to go!" When I got out of the movie theater it took me a while to get used to being in the real word and not in teh magic world.i actually got to fealing that i was right next to harry the whole way! and as for those This movie was sooo good!! The grapics were terrific i actually remember being in the movie theater and thinking "oh good he is only at the 2nd trial there is still a lot to go!" When I got out of the movie theater it took me a while to get used to being in the real word and not in teh magic world.i actually got to fealing that i was right next to harry the whole way! and as for those people that are as clueless in saying that they where very dissapoined that they left stuff out of the movie that was in the book. I say they had to, the movie was already 2hours and somthing long. But i remember being thrilled of how much the movie reminded me of how good the book was. have fun seeing the best of the harry potter series. (i would give it a hundred if i could!). Expand
  33. RobertI.
    Nov 28, 2005
    By far the best HP Movie yet. Excellent performances, great adaptation from the book.
  34. MelodyE.
    Dec 18, 2005
    Great movie, it is my favourite one of all the Harry Potter movies, now that's saying something because anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but also very, very judgemental on movies, tv, anything really; this movie got little to no mocking from me.
  35. TedH
    Dec 19, 2005
    The perfect holiday movie. The film is jampacked with everything that countless other comedies, dramas, and adventure pictures wish they could become. If you have the chance, see it with friends on an IMAX screen, which brings the scope of the presentation to a level not seen this year!
  36. ScottC
    Dec 21, 2005
    Quite a good film. My family was highly entertained throughout.
  37. einavg.
    Dec 30, 2005
    Dude The best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
  38. RitB.
    Dec 31, 2005
    Wizards exist and this movie proves it --- because it was made by technical wizards. This is movie making and story telling at its best. I hope Rowling lives and writes for a thousand years.
  39. NikolaS.
    Dec 30, 2005
    Amazing! Can't say it's the best one yet, 'cause it's so different! However, it was time to move on to the full frontal... PG13!
  40. LeahK.
    Dec 4, 2005
    This was the GREATEST ONE!!! & RUPERT GRINT IS VERY HOTT!
  41. KillianF.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Absoloutely brilliant. I have seen this film 6 times since its release (2 weeks ago). I love the underwater scene! The harry potter films are the only films that have, in my opinion, been equal or better to the book.
  42. ShaneB
    Dec 6, 2005
    The best and most original of the potter series yet. It begins to stand alone, not simply a carbon copy of the book. what cuaron started, newell has developed. Everyone should see it.
  43. WallyS.
    Dec 6, 2005
    The best Potter film, the less faithful to the material, but extremely more witty and finally discovers the true meaning of a Potter book. Darker, more adult and trully more powerful. One of the years best.
  44. Sam
    Feb 26, 2006
    I loved all of the Harry Potter movies, but this one does something much better than any of the sequels before, it evolves, without losing that magical touch that we all know and love.
  45. RyanQ.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Anyone who said this movie was bad should keep that incoherent mouths shut and bludgeon their head off a wall until they grow what might resemble a brain. YES the movie did follow the book's storyline and YES the acting, effects, and action was more than anyone could dream of asking for. Quite obviously the most spectacular HP movie to date and one of the best movies of the year period.
  46. Hannah
    Nov 17, 2005
    This movie was GREAT i love it!
  47. Mrs.PiyawanPitaksakorn
    Nov 17, 2005
    II waiting for along time for look this part 4 of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I very exciting when I look the movie on the fiirst day on the show. I read the book and look for the movie it have some thing diffreence.
  48. HQYT
    Nov 17, 2005
    The best harry potter movie yet.
  49. OwenD.
    It was fantastic!
  50. JoslynW.
    The BEST one yet!!
  51. BenA.
    Nov 18, 2005
    Absolutely Astonishingly Good. Loved it!
  52. Ashley
    Nov 18, 2005
    This movie was the best one yet. I saw the midnight showing, the theater was packed, and it was a lot of fun. GOF is dark, scary, funny, sad... it runs the gamut of emotions. GO SEE IT!!!!!!!
  53. D.Perez
    Nov 19, 2005
    Do people really think it's possible to capture evry detail of a 754 page book in a two and a half hour movie. Some things were left out, but overall it captured the most important aspects of the story with incredible performances and special effects. The best movie yet!!!
  54. DustinW.
    Nov 19, 2005
    I have read the books about 5 times, and noticed things that were cut...and I didnt care at all! It made up for it for being able to make such a good movie out of such a LONG book...the acting including Dan,Emma,Rupert,Maggie,Michael, were amazing and my favorite was Fiennes(he was amazing...I loved his Voldemort...amazing work from him), the effects were seamless and very good, and while I have read the books about 5 times, and noticed things that were cut...and I didnt care at all! It made up for it for being able to make such a good movie out of such a LONG book...the acting including Dan,Emma,Rupert,Maggie,Michael, were amazing and my favorite was Fiennes(he was amazing...I loved his Voldemort...amazing work from him), the effects were seamless and very good, and while I missed Cuaron,Newell did a fantastic job...the best in the series...and(so far) my favorite movie of the year...I cannot wait to see what they do with OotP... Expand
  55. BsAt
    Nov 19, 2005
    I got one word for this movie and thats "wow."
  56. RoleenAnthonyB.
    Nov 21, 2005
    I didnt see any HP films ever made except this one. Its the grandest and boldest of them all. [Ed: Huh?] From the Quiditch Cup ( which a bit upsetting ) to Voldemorts rise, trully magical! From the lovely ladies of Hogwarts and Beauxbaton. The Legolas of Harry Potter which is Cedric Diggory, it was all perfect. I dont bother what they'd cut in the movie. Because all I can say, it was I didnt see any HP films ever made except this one. Its the grandest and boldest of them all. [Ed: Huh?] From the Quiditch Cup ( which a bit upsetting ) to Voldemorts rise, trully magical! From the lovely ladies of Hogwarts and Beauxbaton. The Legolas of Harry Potter which is Cedric Diggory, it was all perfect. I dont bother what they'd cut in the movie. Because all I can say, it was breathlessly fantastic! two thumbs up for Goblet of Fire movie! Expand
  57. ThomasM.
    Nov 21, 2005
    What an amazing film! By far the best harry potter film of the bunch. This film just took my breath away. I loved it! It was so emotional esp. at the end, so many people in the theater were crying. It was a great movie. Go see it!
  58. JulioM.
    Nov 20, 2005
    This is the best Harry Potter movie ever made. Voldemort is Great. Hermione is so beautiful. This Movie is perfect. Mike Newell thanks!!!
  59. KellyK.
    Nov 22, 2005
    I thought that this movie was a fantastic, frightening film. All the characters grow up and there seems to be some love in the air. I think that this movie will be and is one of the best Harry Potter movies we have seen yet so far. I do hope that they other Harry Potter movies will be met to expectations or better.
  60. PaulF.
    Nov 23, 2005
    The visuals were incredible, better than I even seen them. The acting was very good but not great. I loved the theme of occultism, any well done entertainment in this field facinates me. Overall I give this movie a 9.6 out of ten. A few scenes were disjointed like the areana cut to the tents scene and the Ballroom scene cut to the argument. Also the reaction to one of the death scenes was The visuals were incredible, better than I even seen them. The acting was very good but not great. I loved the theme of occultism, any well done entertainment in this field facinates me. Overall I give this movie a 9.6 out of ten. A few scenes were disjointed like the areana cut to the tents scene and the Ballroom scene cut to the argument. Also the reaction to one of the death scenes was a bit cliche. I thought a different approach could have been used which would have been much more powerful. Overall this movie was great and is one of the best examples of what modern entertainment has to offer. We truly have come a long way, at least when hollywood tries to make an effort. Expand
  61. RyanC.
    Nov 23, 2005
    I felt like a loser going to this movie by myself (I'm 28), but I'm glad I did. Easily the best of the series. It's too bad it took them this long to make such an engaging Potter film. I guess it took an English director to properly translate the books to film.
  62. RalphP.
    Nov 24, 2005
    It was brilliant. The best yet.
  63. Sarah
    Nov 25, 2005
    I think this movie was excellent, i felt it was funny and had many action in it, and it was a very good film i love the fact that everyone is changing and it makes them seem much older but it was very good film.
  64. TomG.
    Nov 27, 2005
    Brilliant. George Lucas should hire JK Rowling to write his dialogue. If not for the LOTR trilogy this would be the greatest series of films since the original Star Wars.
  65. JeffG.
    Dec 12, 2005
    I just love harry potter and this movie is bound to be the best one that ever came out!! its even better then the book.
  66. AnnaR.
    Dec 13, 2005
    Amazing! I admire the Harry Potter films I must say, but this one is just incredible. Thriller, Comedy. Just so much fun. HIGHLY RECOMENDED!
  67. J.N.
    Dec 17, 2005
    A movie that, in the tradition of Prisoner of Azkaban, exceeds expectations. I rated Azkaban a 10, and if I could I'd rate this one an 11. Another director, another take on Harry Potter...neither the light and fluffy of Columbus nor the dark humor of Cuaron, but Newell has a bit of a balance. He changes the mood of the movie so fast at times from funny and light to dark and scary A movie that, in the tradition of Prisoner of Azkaban, exceeds expectations. I rated Azkaban a 10, and if I could I'd rate this one an 11. Another director, another take on Harry Potter...neither the light and fluffy of Columbus nor the dark humor of Cuaron, but Newell has a bit of a balance. He changes the mood of the movie so fast at times from funny and light to dark and scary that it takes a moment to adjust. But from the brilliant acting (especially Rupert Grint) to the writing, this movie takes your breath away. Expand
  68. AndyC.
    Dec 18, 2005
    A fantastic movie! But why have the directors decided that Harry Potter can't be 3 hours long? Fans would love to see more of the books in the movies. The actors are continuing to grow into their roles and it is so nice to see actors develop before your eyes. I rank this one up there with Chamber of Secrets.
  69. BrittanyL.
    Dec 19, 2005
    This movies was the best out of the series and it kept me watching.
  70. Gonzo
    Dec 21, 2005
    Spectacular!Its the best blockbuster of the year!I watched King Kong and Narnia,but none of them compare to the fuel and beauty that Goblet of Fire carries.Its a film that has everything: Horror,Comedy,Romance,Drama,Action,Suspense.The maze was amazing,and the effects are brilliant.Thank you Mike Newell,for bringing a film with flying colors and triumphant action.
  71. BabuR
    Dec 26, 2005
    The Best one in the Potter Series, Nice screenplay, action and cooler than ever.
  72. MaganY.
    Dec 27, 2005
    I'm overwhelmed, I can't believe the god-like effort the crew put into this film, It's incredible, This is by far the best Potter film yet.
  73. ConnorS.
    Dec 31, 2005
    This was by far was the best harry potter movie, and definetly matched the greatness of the book. it did not follow the book completely, but it was the longest one until the fifth. even though i wished they added some things it was definetly worth seeing twice, and would not mind seeing it a third time, but i dont want to spoil it so bad that i dont want to buy it on dvd.
  74. JasonQ.
    Dec 7, 2005
    This is a great movie!!!!:)
  75. stephano.
    Dec 9, 2005
    An absolute brilliant film!! Beautty, action, dragons, mermaids and best of all a harttutching movie that inspires people not to do bad but to appreciate the meaning of live and the wonders of GOD! (what i am a big fan!?)
  76. ClaudiaL.
    Jan 11, 2006
    Is the best movie.
  77. ClaudiaL.
    Jan 13, 2006
    Is the best movie.
  78. SinaJ.
    Jan 14, 2006
    This is best Harry potter movie yet, great effects, great story, a bit less PG-ish than the others and I believe that its ok if they didn't include everything in the books. Emma Watson looked so pretty in this one.
  79. RaulS.
    Jan 21, 2006
    I saw this movie five times in the same day starting at midnight
  80. Katherine
    Jul 23, 2006
    Best of the whole series!
  81. JanhaviD.
  84. SteveD.
    GREAT!
  85. JonathanC.
    Nov 18, 2005
    Quite simply the best Potter film made yet and almost impossible to beat. Most likely will not be beaten unless the next three are near perfect adaptions of the books and stand alone as films that keep you riveted. There was one part to this film where I exited it and realized I was in a cinema. And that is when I realized I had one cup of coffee too many and had to upset myself just Quite simply the best Potter film made yet and almost impossible to beat. Most likely will not be beaten unless the next three are near perfect adaptions of the books and stand alone as films that keep you riveted. There was one part to this film where I exited it and realized I was in a cinema. And that is when I realized I had one cup of coffee too many and had to upset myself just after the first task. But just as instantly I was transported back by everything on screen which was so riveting from VERY START to VERY FINISH I had only that moment of realization. Even though I realized I had to visit the room outside I decided it best to stay and the reason was because I forgot completely about it two seconds later. The fact of the matter is that I came into the cinema way excited and was, as my friend termed it, 'Geeking Out' as Patrick Doyle's music began and from that moment on I was in the hands of Mike Newell; and what astonishing hands they are. Not once did I feel unhappy about anything on screen. And only one line truly was cheesy and it's so close to the beginning that it's forgotten two scenes later as the action unfolds. Interestingly I did not cry for a certain death until that person's father began shouting, 'THAT'S MY SON!' I practically bawled and all I could do to prevent myself from bursting out as the loudest one in the cinema was to grip the seat tightly and bite my lip as the tears flowed freely. And in truth I was not the only one crying as everyone around me save for the TOUGHEST and GRUFFEST man who was only there to please his wife and two younglings began allowing the tears to flow. This was the first film since The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King that I gave a standing ovation and the feeling was shared by most of the crowd even though some of them I'm told almost bolted for the washrooms. I had for over a year now been trying to force people to believe in me that 'Prisoner of Azkaban' was the best of the series and that it was a great film in the cinematic standpoint and in the fact that everything TRULY, and I stress TRULY by Jo's standards, was there. Jo gave a giant stamp of approval to the third film, but I must say that for all the love I had for that one, nothing could have prepared me, not even having my favourite British actor Ralph Fiennes playing the part that I, from the reading of the book, claimed for him, for the edge-of-you-seat-excitement and downright mastery that was 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' 10 out of 10 an almost truly perfect film in every way. Not since Return of the King have I given a ten out of ten to a fantasy film or action/thriller. Now I can say Harry Potter has proven its worth in the world of film. Expand
  86. Tonydannie
    Nov 18, 2005
    The Best Yet!! I have not read all of the books. Last one I read was Chamber Of Secrets. But I have been following the film versions and enjoy them more and more. This One In particular. Brendan Gleeson's addioton to the cast Was superb. This guy's acting still impresses me each time I see him on the screen. Great visuals and score! Though I did miss Williams' Score. He is The Best Yet!! I have not read all of the books. Last one I read was Chamber Of Secrets. But I have been following the film versions and enjoy them more and more. This One In particular. Brendan Gleeson's addioton to the cast Was superb. This guy's acting still impresses me each time I see him on the screen. Great visuals and score! Though I did miss Williams' Score. He is Still the master. Go see this one. One of the year's best. Expand
  87. JackS.
    Nov 19, 2005
    Very good film. Although it wasn't directly on the book's plot, it stands by itself. All the important stuff can be added in the fifth film, although I don't envy Kloves for writing the screenplay for that.
  88. M.D.
    Nov 21, 2005
    Finally, a movie for literate individuals. It almost feels like we've finally been rewarded for reading the books.
  89. ElenaP.
    Nov 22, 2005
    Best Movie Yet In This Magnificent Series!
  90. AnneB.
    Nov 23, 2005
    I love how this movie shows the focus on relationships instead of just the magical world.
  91. BrianF.
    Nov 24, 2005
    The best of the series. With performances becoming charming and sharp, the pacing is also far ahead of the previous films. Action packed, the movie simply offers the most bang for your buck this Winter Season. A multitude of rich characters and twists in the plot keep things freshly interesting!
  92. LindyC.
    Nov 26, 2005
    One of the best films of the year. A surprising return to the series from Mike Newell, the suspense and mystery work the best. The perfromances by the leading actors has become much stronger, and the supporting cast is just as in tune as before. No time was lost in the story, as this is easily the most direct and to the point adaptation yet. A must view!
  93. LynnK
    Dec 11, 2005
    One of the most magical and enthralling tales in cinema! A big surprise and upward installment from the previous three. The tone has been changed and altered from the earlier films to a blend of humor and action that very few movies get right, let alone many from this year.
  94. DanielC.
    Dec 13, 2005
    Yes, this movie has a certain "slideshow" feel to it, and if you haven't read the books (Why you would go to a movie about a book without reading it is beyond me anyway) you won't understand parts of it. Besides this, this movies is two and a half hours of enjoyment. The action scenes were done to perfection, and you can really tell Newell's influence in the romantic Yes, this movie has a certain "slideshow" feel to it, and if you haven't read the books (Why you would go to a movie about a book without reading it is beyond me anyway) you won't understand parts of it. Besides this, this movies is two and a half hours of enjoyment. The action scenes were done to perfection, and you can really tell Newell's influence in the romantic scenes. Ron's complaining and dress robes left the cinema in stiches while you could feel for Harry's awkwardness in asking Cho (Kaite Leung, who is very good looking) to go to the Yule Ball was felt by most men in the room. Many potter-geeks wont like it becuase it isn't absolutely correct to the book, but GoF was 600+ pages long, so something had to go. In all, a pretty satisfying movie, but don't go into the movie expecting a well constructed drama with established character development, expect a good time. Collapse
  95. Alex
    Dec 17, 2005
    Best one yet i can't wait for the next magical films! i'd rate this 10000000000 if i could.
  96. alexl.
    Dec 18, 2005
    I loved it and it was not scary.
  97. Walla
    Dec 18, 2005
    Kick ass...sweet...Voldemort looks like the head of Metacritic.
  98. EclairS
    Dec 25, 2005
    Very, very entertaining.
  99. Aug 16, 2010
    This film builds up the tension and energy of Voldemort's arrival so brilliantly and enthusiastically that it's impossible to think anyone didn't love the book as they were filming it. The tasks are incredible to watch and even though I had read the book before I watched the film, I was constantly on pins and needles as I watched Harry struggle. This is probably the best of the series,This film builds up the tension and energy of Voldemort's arrival so brilliantly and enthusiastically that it's impossible to think anyone didn't love the book as they were filming it. The tasks are incredible to watch and even though I had read the book before I watched the film, I was constantly on pins and needles as I watched Harry struggle. This is probably the best of the series, definitely my personal favorite thus far. Expand
  100. Mar 19, 2011
    My personal favorite in the series and in my opinion the best in the series, it's funnier and has more action, and the story is the best yet, a must see and deserving of nothing less than a perfect 10 not because it's the best Harry Potter, but because it will suck you in, a must see for fans.

1. The best one yet.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Last year's "The Prisoner of Azkaban" seemed dark, but this excellent fourth film derived from J.K. Rowling's books is the darkest "Potter" yet, intense enough to warrant a PG-13 rating.
  3. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    Terrific effects and considerable charm, but, once again, you can't help wishing the filmmakers had been bolder with the adaptation.