7.0

1. Jul 10, 2015
    Explosão mágica em várias cenas, aventureiro e novamente sem aquela monotonia que estava em alguns filmes anteriores, dessa vez as cenas realmente são emocionantes!
  2. May 4, 2015
    A pesar de que no tiene en gran parte, absolutamente nada que ver con el libro, The half blood prince es mejor que The Order of the Phoenix en todos los sentidos, la narrativa es superior y mucho mejor, a pesar de que no respeta el 100% de la historia original y de ser una historia oscura y dramática pase a ser una comedia romántica con toques de drama y suspenso, la historia funciona. EsA pesar de que no tiene en gran parte, absolutamente nada que ver con el libro, The half blood prince es mejor que The Order of the Phoenix en todos los sentidos, la narrativa es superior y mucho mejor, a pesar de que no respeta el 100% de la historia original y de ser una historia oscura y dramática pase a ser una comedia romántica con toques de drama y suspenso, la historia funciona. Es entretenida, pero se queda corta en comparación con las primeras cuatro películas de la saga. Expand
  3. Apr 29, 2015
    Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince is the funniest of the Harry Potter's. I believe that a long running franchise should at least have one movie in the series to be the funniest and that's were Half Blood Prince stands. The movie still keeps that Harry Potter feeling and I did shed tears at the end, but Half Blood Prince is the best summer movie of 2009 and one of my favorite HarryHarry Potter And The Half Blood Prince is the funniest of the Harry Potter's. I believe that a long running franchise should at least have one movie in the series to be the funniest and that's were Half Blood Prince stands. The movie still keeps that Harry Potter feeling and I did shed tears at the end, but Half Blood Prince is the best summer movie of 2009 and one of my favorite Harry Potter movies! Expand
  4. Apr 28, 2015
    A vast improvement on the last movie, and yet it also manages to be utterly underwhelming.

Some great scenes and performances, but the pacing is almost slug like at times. Considering everything that has happened so far, it almost feels like watching a soap opera right after an action movie. The tone is a bit to calm for what is going on. Overall: While I thoroughly enjoyed the

Overall:
    While I thoroughly enjoyed the story and all the twists, it also was a bit boring and underwhelming, considering it's the sixth Harry Potter movie.
  5. Apr 23, 2015
    The sixth Harry Potter movie is essentially a film in limbo. It begins with a wordless shot of Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) still reeling in emotional agony from the events of the last movie, and ends on a miserable moment with no sense of hope, or of a plan for the future. Those two anguished sequences set the tone for a fantasy-franchise installment that’s more about atmosphere than story;The sixth Harry Potter movie is essentially a film in limbo. It begins with a wordless shot of Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) still reeling in emotional agony from the events of the last movie, and ends on a miserable moment with no sense of hope, or of a plan for the future. Those two anguished sequences set the tone for a fantasy-franchise installment that’s more about atmosphere than story; between them, many things happen, but only the last 20 minutes or so have real repercussions. The rest is buildup, backstory, and plot sidebars signifying nothing, but it’s mighty artful nothing, in which beautifully designed and composed shots and a relentlessly ominous mood give a surprising weight to adolescent love affairs and an exceedingly minor mystery.

To the degree that Half-Blood Prince has a plot rather than a series of milestones in the vast, eight-film arc set to conclude in 2011 (the last book will be split into two films), it revolves around teen wizard Harry Potter trying to pry key information about his evil arch-nemesis Voldemort out of meek, self-serving magic teacher Jim Broadbent. Simultaneously, Harry tries to deduce the identity of “the half-blood prince” who used to own his old textbook, and various romantic developments absorb his friends Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. Familiar characters pop in and out for cameos, and the film even finds time for Quidditch, though director David Yates (who helmed the last series installment, and will tackle the last two as well) finds ways to make even a silly made-up sport played on flying broomsticks look grim and melancholy.

But the film’s real focus is on the evolving sense of dread taking over Harry’s world, for reasons barely seen at all in the film. And all this creeps forward at a remarkably unhurried, deliberate pace, the antithesis of the series’ opening films, with their giddy roller-coaster feel and “Whee! Magic!” theme. It takes a significant amount of investment in the Harry Potter world to make Half-Blood Prince relevant, let alone sensible; the film makes no concession to newbies, and thankfully spends virtually no time reiterating points already covered in previous installments. But those already involved will find that the series has matured much as the books did. This is the darkest, saddest, most sophisticated Harry Potter film yet!
  6. Mar 13, 2015
    This one gets everything right, giving us the best of what the world of Harry Potter has to offer; the music, the Quidditch, the comedy, the characters, and it doesn't skimp on anything.
  7. Jan 11, 2015
    Perhaps the funniest Potter installment that features a relatively dark atmosphere which is welcome for fans of Prisoner of Azkaban. The best visuals in the series can be found here along with the talented Jim Broadbent as Horace Slughorn!
  8. Dec 20, 2014
    Best of the series.It's the darkest, most thrilling, and emotionally deep fantasy film ever.Great CGI sets and visual effects, breathtaking cinematography and marvellous performances from every single member of the tremendous cast.It is a dramatic triumph.
  9. Dec 1, 2014
    By the time the Half Blood Prince arrives in the Harry Potter franchise, it's pretty much bulletproof. Great movie after great movie after... You get the point. The characters have become so well defined and lovable that something would have to go really wrong to put a dent in the series. Nothing of that kind even remotely happens in the Half Blood Prince. Indeed, the concentratedBy the time the Half Blood Prince arrives in the Harry Potter franchise, it's pretty much bulletproof. Great movie after great movie after... You get the point. The characters have become so well defined and lovable that something would have to go really wrong to put a dent in the series. Nothing of that kind even remotely happens in the Half Blood Prince. Indeed, the concentrated character development in this action-lite entry makes for a fantastic diversion before the thunderous two-part finale. Expand
  10. Oct 18, 2014
    Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemort's defenses and, to this end, DumbledoreVoldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemort's defenses and, to this end, Dumbledore recruits his old friend and colleague, the well-connected and unsuspecting bon vivant Professor Horace Slughorn, whom he believes holds crucial information. Meanwhile, one student remains aloof. He is determined to make his mark, albeit a dark one. Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again. Expand
  11. Aug 25, 2014
    My curiosity is still present. But it's damped once more by David Yates mediocre direction of this fantastic installment of the Harry Potter series. It's disappointing to see such stunning visuals and a, by now, legendary cast go to waste.
  12. Aug 25, 2014
    I haven't read the book, so I can't compare the two. Also, I watched "The Order of the Phoenix" the night before seeing this one, which may have been a mistake...

"The Half-Blood Prince" starts with a bang, goes on with other irregular bangs, and ends... well, with a bang? There is no usual beginning-middle-end -rhythm to be found in this movie. The plot moves in plunges from one scene to another, which seem a little unrelated sometimes. They just don't come together as a whole movie.

The acting is a little stiff, especially from the older actors. It seemed much smoother in the last films, so I don't know that's going on with that.

The theme seems to be the amusing/saddening stuff with the young love going on in the movie. Some of it is totally cliché - and some you can feel personally, like Hermione's anguish.

There was action, and there was some fun, and it's hard to remember it all because this movie was both long and distracting; there was no main plot to hold onto.

The very end scene of the movie was just lame. It totally ruins the mood they had been building. Too much of the usual "I'm off to do it on my own" and "We're coming with you 'cause we are yours friends" stuff, and realizing the simple beauty of the world etc.

Other than that... it's still pretty good, and I'm sure a second viewing will make some things to make a lot more sense. I was tempted to give the movie three and half stars, but maybe four is fairer - for now.

I'm looking forward to the final movies of the series, and hope them to be better structured than "The Half-Blood Prince". Because frankly, after the steady, beautiful flow that was "The Order of the Phoenix", this was a bit of a mess.
  13. Jun 22, 2014
    I’ll be honest. While I still stand my opinions, I felt like I have been biased reviewing the Harry Potter movies as a fan of the books. In Order of the Phoenix (my favorite book in the series), I have been trying to watch the movie as if I have never read the book, and it seemed to have worked for me a bit despite I am a bit upset with some of the changes. What matters most is I enjoyedI’ll be honest. While I still stand my opinions, I felt like I have been biased reviewing the Harry Potter movies as a fan of the books. In Order of the Phoenix (my favorite book in the series), I have been trying to watch the movie as if I have never read the book, and it seemed to have worked for me a bit despite I am a bit upset with some of the changes. What matters most is I enjoyed it and I did enjoy it.

Speaking of enjoyment, I was a little bored in some parts of the movie. Maybe that’s because I already know what happens next and also because the battle scenes near the end of the film wasn’t that adventurous as the previous movie, which is also my (only) problem in the book.

You cannot put everything in the movie and I understand it. And to my surprise, I was okay with most of the changes more than the changes they did in Order of the Phoenix and the rest of the movies. Of course, the book is obviously better but they put out most of the important stuff in the movie.

But, there were two changes that I am not okay with in the movie:

-Voldemort’s past in the movie wasn’t explained in its complete form from the book. That was the most important driving force of the movie! I am not very satisfied.
    -The Burrow on fire? Was that even important? That wasn’t even in the book and it didn’t do much for the plot in the movie.

But hey! It’s only fewer changes that I wasn’t okay with compared to the other movies, with the most changes I wasn’t okay with is Prisoner of Azkaban.

And now, the changes I am okay with. Since there were a lot, I am going to list down a few:

-Instead of showing the Prime Minister in the beginning of the book, they showed the actual incidents in the bridge and in Diagon Alley in the first scene. This excited me and I am sure it excited both the readers and the non-readers.
    -I was okay with Dumbledore’s funeral scene being cut in the movie only because the scene where everyone in Hogwarts raised their wands in honor of Dumbledore was emotional enough. (I had tears coming out for god’s sakes) Without that part, then I would have been upset.
    -The small battle in Hogwarts was cut. I think they’re saving this up for the bigger, better battle in Hogwarts in the part two of the final movie.

The cinematography is really great and the special effects make it very realistic. And of course, the movie is very emotional compared to the rest of the movies. That’s the highlight of the entire movie, besides the performance from the cast of course. It seems like these actors were born to play their characters!

While I was a bit bored, this movie got my emotions out and I was okay with most of the changes. Of course, cinematography, cast performances and special effects were great. And most of all, I enjoyed it though I enjoyed watching Order of the Phoenix better. And also, this movie just set up what will happen in the final two movies.
  14. Jun 10, 2014
    In my opinion, the worst movie of the Harry Potter saga...

In my opinion, the worst movie of the Harry Potter saga...

Why? Because everything is just filler for the next movie, things do happen in this movie however; the story advances, the characters are memorable, the production value is on the money and the stakes are high... but for more then half of the movie nothing happens, you might has well be looking at a wall, it pretty much turns around all the other points I mentioned before until the final act where the movie gather strength but not enough to make it something worth your while.

The movie's saving grace is it's production value, I can appreciate the work and effort putted into the development of this picture; actors, director, etc... but only in the final act things finally move along.
  15. May 4, 2014
    Not worth the extra year waiting for this film...from an original november 2008 release to a july 2009 release. Potter 6 has alot to love but suffers from the attention to teenage hormones and comdey rather than the story or elements of the book which are far more important.
  16. Mar 15, 2014
    Perhaps the best in the movie series, and the movie of the year. Despite disappointing some cinema-goers with a total remove of the fun and playful magic seen in the earliest movies the film stays as close as it can to it's page-turning roots. The life and death of the later books are well reflected in this movies. With only some disappointments to the book-readers such as the anti climaxPerhaps the best in the movie series, and the movie of the year. Despite disappointing some cinema-goers with a total remove of the fun and playful magic seen in the earliest movies the film stays as close as it can to it's page-turning roots. The life and death of the later books are well reflected in this movies. With only some disappointments to the book-readers such as the anti climax "fight" at the end. Managing to retain most of the actors youthful appearances added to the atmosphere. This proves any doubters harry potter can still make a fantastic translation to the screen. Expand
  17. Feb 19, 2014
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is a great movie, but it contains slowness and boredom.

The opening scene in this movie is great, but also the music. The movie contains many mysterious things that I really think is exiting and spectacular. The actors in this movie are great (at usual), and the film is well made and the story is very entertaining. The climax in this film is very good and the movie overall felt entertaining, especially the ending which was awesome. The bad thing about this movie is that it was a little to slow sometimes and the movie generally wasn't that unique. The tempo was as I mentioned to slow, which made it boring at some places.
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is an awesome movie, even though the tempo is a little to slow, but it's still a great movie.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince gets a 8/10
  18. Jan 21, 2014
    I was very disappointed with this movie. I watched all the movies except this, and I loved them until the Half-Blood Prince. The plot is very gloomy and full of holes. There is no exciting deathmatches with wands, only a bunch of sloppy Avada Kedavras. I did like plenty of parts, but the disappointment watching this was a bit overwhelming. The movie seemed impressively rushed, and youI was very disappointed with this movie. I watched all the movies except this, and I loved them until the Half-Blood Prince. The plot is very gloomy and full of holes. There is no exciting deathmatches with wands, only a bunch of sloppy Avada Kedavras. I did like plenty of parts, but the disappointment watching this was a bit overwhelming. The movie seemed impressively rushed, and you might as well not watch this unless you are a die-hard Harry Potter fan. Expand
  19. Nov 28, 2013
    the half-blood prince was a good film but unfortunately it hadn't had the aclaim of the incredible book.David Yates had make a good movie after all and had won my respect.
  20. Nov 15, 2013
    With the sixth installment of the eight part series, Harry Potter continues its success with ease. Good acting, good dialogue, and well paced sorcerer battles.
  21. Nov 1, 2013
    Director David Yates returns to direct the sixth film in the franchise, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". Realizing some of the weaknesses in the fifth film, improvements has been made but some remain. There's a bit of Quidditch this time round, and there's more delightful scenes. However, Yates puts too much time on the romantic and not enough on the actual plot itself.
  22. Oct 25, 2013
    An improvement from 'Order of Phoenix', 'Half-Blood Prince' draws a little more macabre intentionally to it's style, most likely imitating Alfonso Cuaron's 'Prisoner of Azkaban'. But now I think this was it for me for Harry Potter as I've already read Deathly Hallows, and even if I didn't, The ending is obvious and cliched. Harry Potter became annoying after this. I just waited four yearsAn improvement from 'Order of Phoenix', 'Half-Blood Prince' draws a little more macabre intentionally to it's style, most likely imitating Alfonso Cuaron's 'Prisoner of Azkaban'. But now I think this was it for me for Harry Potter as I've already read Deathly Hallows, and even if I didn't, The ending is obvious and cliched. Harry Potter became annoying after this. I just waited four years to say it. Expand
  23. Oct 24, 2013
    'The Half Blood-Prince' gives fans and viewers looking for both character-driven stories as well as more tense, dark magical premises the best of both worlds.
  24. Sep 8, 2013
    This one was an exceptional movie. The cinematography was beautiful, the story was interesting and engaging and it starts to introduce us to the bitter end of the beloved climax. Overall, a beautiful Harry Potter film. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel, "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies.
  25. Aug 16, 2013
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is a 2009 fantasy film directed by David Yates with Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Michael Gambon.
    After detecting the wizarding world the truth about the return of Voldemort, Harry Potter begins the sixth year at Hogwarts witchcraft. In this installment of the series, in addition to having to deal with his own adolescence, Harry must help Dumbledore discover a dark secret about the Dark Lord and to do so will have to rummage in the past of one who must not be named.
    This film adaptation of JK Rowling is better than the fifth chapter (also directed by Yates). There have been many improvements in director David Yates. Meanwhile, on a visual level we have seen improvements in special effects and set design (which in the Order of the Phoenix could be better exploited), but especially for the photography of the film that has been used well and gave us shots of landscapes really beautiful.
    The only flaw of the film is the script. Have relied heavily on young love and adolescence leaving out some details regarding the mystery regarding Voldemort which made it a little more difficult for people who have not read the books of Rowling understand the storyline. The error of the film was also to add, in the romantic moments, scenes that can be defined a little ridiculous. For the rest of the film features a great cast of actors among which Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman and Tom Felton. The latter has fared very well in the role of Draco Malfoy.
  26. Jul 16, 2013
    As the franchise nears its end and the run time ticks on in the Half-Blood Prince, we are me with the realisation that the sixth instalment really serves as an adjoining film, and while the acting is superb and the older members of the cast are given their moments, Harry Potters new adventure lacks the heart and magical escapism that most of its predecessors possessed.
    We are introduced
    We are introduced to a wizarding world that has accepted the return of Lord Voldemort, but also a world which is in turmoil. Attacks in regular human beings, or muggles, are in full swing from the Death Eaters, while Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) continues to seek answers and deal with the loss of another loved one, while still attending Hogwarts.
    Things at the school are changing, Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) is more vigilant towards Harry, Snape (Alan Rickman) has become defence against the Dark Arts teacher and Professor Slughorn, played with a irritable brilliance by Jim Broadbent, is the new Potions master.
    Harry comes across a book with the title of the film across it- Property of the Half-Blood Prince, and learns a few new things from the mysterious owner of the book.
    The shift in tone for the sixth film sees a more talkative and slower film, and while I personally relish, it departs too much from the overall tone of the source material, everything seems like it is building to something bigger which we rarely see, with too much time being spent on developing irregular scenes rather than developing the story arc.
    But alas, the performances are exceptional, especially from Alan Rickman, Michael Gambon and Jim Broadbent, they all share candid scenes with Harry which are simply electrifying. The scenes between Harry and Dumbledore in particular really show how far we have come and how close to the end we are.
    But with all the talking going on, it is still visual marvel, when Harry and Dumbledore discover the intentions of Voldemort, their journey takes them to lakes involving fire and other magical presences, creating some spectacular scenes. But of course there is tragedy at every turn and this the most brutal yet, leaving a real hole in Harry’s life and is uphill battle to defeat Lord Voldemort.
    Hagrid comments that storm is coming, and we best be ready when it does, and no truer words may have been spoken.
  27. Jul 14, 2013
    This film is fantastic! Full of fantasy, comedy, heart, emotion, a very well written script (while it may not be 100% faithful to the book, it still keeps in the most important parts and adds some great stuff in there), awesome cinematography, spectacular acting (everyone in here is fantastic!), eye popping visuals and beautiful music (Nicholas Hooper really does a perfect job here): thisThis film is fantastic! Full of fantasy, comedy, heart, emotion, a very well written script (while it may not be 100% faithful to the book, it still keeps in the most important parts and adds some great stuff in there), awesome cinematography, spectacular acting (everyone in here is fantastic!), eye popping visuals and beautiful music (Nicholas Hooper really does a perfect job here): this film boasts it all. This is another one of the BEST Harry Potter films. Expand
  28. Jun 25, 2013
    Note: The following movie is darker than a usual PG movie, so for the best, it is certainly a PG-13 movie with more romance, another important note, it may causes a shock from how outstanding the visuals are, and the story is just magical, and another note, this sequel proves that Harry Potter saga is everlasting movies and books, that will be written in our hearts for life.
  29. Jun 14, 2013
    Among more hits and less error Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is better than its predecessor!

Now all believe that Voldemort has returned, Harry is the chosen one and the danger this higher, but this does not mean that there is no time for love and humor. Yes we are talking about Rupert Grint showing that Ron is more than a great friend besides Tom Felton also has its highlight, along with Emma Watson and Evanna Lynch HP6 is a great movie recovers all missing in HP5, more suspense, romace, humor and drama effects, soundtrack, art direction are the better of the first six films besides Helena Bonham Carter, Alan R. give their best for two main characters.

The only two things that made missing: more action scenes and some of the memories of Voldemort
  30. May 10, 2013
    Harry Potter is a lot more darker than ever it is defiantly a PG-13, it is turning to sexual subjects, a darker past but a well pleasing art!
  31. Apr 14, 2013
    How disappointed could one be. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is such a huge letdown when it comes to entertainment. Could it be anymore boring than it was? It felt like nothing important happened until the last 25 minutes of it. Easily the worst in the series. Sure, the special effects and the performances were good.
  32. Mar 31, 2013
    The Half-Blood Prince is my favorite book of the entire series of HP, but I can not say the same for the movie is very good, but something is not completely convinced. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the book, is undoubtedly one of the strongest chapters in the saga of the boy wizard, not only marked by the evolution of the characters, but by the presence of factors that keep theThe Half-Blood Prince is my favorite book of the entire series of HP, but I can not say the same for the movie is very good, but something is not completely convinced. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the book, is undoubtedly one of the strongest chapters in the saga of the boy wizard, not only marked by the evolution of the characters, but by the presence of factors that keep the fabric of the child for get into a world more real, closer to us, more full of risk, of chiaroscuro, of stories that sometimes conclude without happy endings.
    It's not easy to turn the book into a film, as it is one of the most extensive histories of the saga of the boy wizard Potter, but David Yates's film (his second in the series) refreshes the collection and shows a visual maturity that is not seen much in recent deliveries, bringing it to dramatic German Expressionism, highlighting a picture of it and a more elaborate edition repeatedly surprised by their creativity, not to mention the special effects are still remarkably good.

The problem that has had the cast from the fourth movie (Goblet of Fire) is not acting with the feeling that they must act according to their role. Not that I do not, but it is very minimal and so this feeling is not to be transmitted in each scene, the only ones who have managed to get all the juice in your paper are: Michael Gambon as Albus Dumbledore, Jim Broadbent as Horance Slughorn and surprise, Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy, who mingles with hate weakness. Daniel Radcliffe was almost there too, but in the final scenes do not make it, I miss you put more feeling into his role in those scenes.
    The best scenes are certainly: The hijacking of the wands to comiezo maker, makes the viewer is encouraged to see it complete, that was my caso.Tambien and best of all is the cave where Dumbledore and the young Potter one fora seeking to destroy the Dark Lord, the Horcrux and also the sad Dumbledore dies, the movie that made striking, except for some performances of the cast, but anyway, give emotion to the movie.
    Although the film may well be said to be a set of chiaroscuro, (in all senses), it is also a product that is worth to be seen and enjoyed by all, but especially by fans of the series, who, with the support of book, with much greater intensity live the experience.
    My Score: 8.6
  33. Mar 28, 2013
    The begging of the end! AMAZING story and movie! If you're a Harry Potter fan and you watched the previous parts, this one will definitely Thrill you! I'm not going to add any spoilers, my final score for this amazing Harry Potter movie is 8/10!
  34. Mar 21, 2013
    It's better then all but something happened. It's like the action came up and (I was on the edge of my seat) then it fell fast. The effects were less the perfect. But hey entertained me more then the others. Watch if your a fan, nothing more her spectacular as the so-called critics say. More bore then roar.
  35. Jan 7, 2013
    This is the first time in this series where I can honestly say that the movie was every bit as good as the book... though, for different reasons. You see, there is not all that much adventure and action sequences in the book so, while it doesn't drag because the characters are and plot development is outstanding, it still felt a bit on the long side. This caters perfectly for the movie.This is the first time in this series where I can honestly say that the movie was every bit as good as the book... though, for different reasons. You see, there is not all that much adventure and action sequences in the book so, while it doesn't drag because the characters are and plot development is outstanding, it still felt a bit on the long side. This caters perfectly for the movie. The challenges in fitting in all sorts of scenes are completely different than those in fitting in various emotions, which is what they faced when making this movie. In capturing those emotions, thoughts, moments of internal conflict, etc. they did a fantastic job. The only thing I thought they could've done a better job of was making Dumbledore's exit a bit more emotional like it was in the book. Still though, they did a great job there in general so that's not the reason I didn't give it a perfect ten. That reason lies with the fact that they hinted towards things in this movie that were not so profound in the book. I have not finished the final book yet so I can only speculate on some of the things I was already wondering but it seems as though, regarding Severus Snape, that they took advantage of knowing the ending of the entire story rather than the particular book itself. By knowing this, it seems as though they hint a little more at certain elements of the story than the book did causing you to think entirely differently about the act that took place. Nonetheless, this movie was still outstanding and I look forward to watching the final one(s). Expand
  36. Dec 21, 2012
    Everybody loved this one because it centered on teens love life but in general even though it was better than the first two it followed the book least then any of the other movies. However it was very emotional,humorous,and some what exciting. So it wasn't a huge failure.
  37. Nov 10, 2012
    I love this Potter! Paranoia is pumping in the veins of Hogwarts. Yates does a brilliant job with number 6. It is dark and gloomy, but also quite funny. Although humor and darkness make themselves presence, one can't ignore the feeling of sadness. Well done!
  38. Nov 8, 2012
    Half-Blood Prince had potential to be the best, most magical Potter film yet. Instead, the movie veers unspeakably off course, not at all staying true to the novel, and ends like a light being softly lowered, when the novel ended in chaos and bloodshed.
  39. Aug 14, 2012
    The war is on between good and evil. Just a shame I cant remember much about it. HP:HBP wasn't boring like OotP but it was just forgettable with samey SFX used in all the previous films and poor choice of what bits to include from the books and what not to pick. It was a good, entertaining film but nothing more than filler for the final instalment.
  40. Jul 12, 2012
    Another winner for Mr. Yates! He does a terrific job changing the tone from sad, to scary, and even to funny. And the humor is this film is great! It had me laughing out loud at several scenes. Oh, the magic!
  41. May 25, 2012
    The series still entertains after this many movies.
  42. May 4, 2012
    I found this film boring for almost all of it. I really just did not like this one for some reason. It was just never for me. But you guys might like it but I don't. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 3.9/10
  43. Mar 28, 2012
    The most dark chapter of the saga. I think that is really interesting, but have a big problem, much of the magic things in the other films, don't stay in the six part. Is good, dark, but some strange.
  44. Mar 27, 2012
    A decent well made movie, but still below average for a Harry Potter film. Too many of the comedic scenes seemed forced and unnecessary when there is so much of this important story to share. I get the weird feeling that so many things were left out of the movie. The movie picked up toward the end, but it doesn't have the feeling of what Harry Potter should be.
  45. Mar 25, 2012
    Harry Potter seems to be gathering for the big battle but much too slowly. Someone like me the wait is becoming long and this movie is prolonging it even more. Still well made but you can begin to see it is getting rough around the edges. Get to it already.
  46. Mar 15, 2012
    This movie is funny to a point. There is lots of action but I think It goes a bit overboard and It doesn't live up to the previous films. Also some of the dialogue is boring and this movie is long which will make some people probably drift off into a long sleep. Also the special effects are pretty good and the monsters in the movie are pretty scary and dark. Little children won't wantThis movie is funny to a point. There is lots of action but I think It goes a bit overboard and It doesn't live up to the previous films. Also some of the dialogue is boring and this movie is long which will make some people probably drift off into a long sleep. Also the special effects are pretty good and the monsters in the movie are pretty scary and dark. Little children won't want to watch some of this movie and that's a good idea. Expand
  47. Jan 28, 2012
    My favorite film in the series and imo this is the film where the franchise is at its peek. Radcliffe is at his best in this film imo and it shows in this film. It also does a great job bring the book to life and does well to make an emotional connect with you as well.
  48. Jan 11, 2012
    The most foolish Harry Potter movie, but it is better than The Order of the Phoenix. Because it is darker, more funny, creepy, sadly and enjoyable. But is is very far from the book and there were somethings that were missing and were necessary to understand the story.
  49. Dec 28, 2011
    Unfortunately, this one takes departures from the book that didn't really sit well with me. It was, namely, the decision to take out the two most emotionally rousing scenes in the book - the battle at Hogwarts, and the white tomb, and replace the empty screentime with a shot of the Burrow burning down that never happened in the book. But despite this, the film is arguably the funniest outUnfortunately, this one takes departures from the book that didn't really sit well with me. It was, namely, the decision to take out the two most emotionally rousing scenes in the book - the battle at Hogwarts, and the white tomb, and replace the empty screentime with a shot of the Burrow burning down that never happened in the book. But despite this, the film is arguably the funniest out of them all. It's probably the worst of the lot, but it's still great. Expand
  50. Dec 17, 2011
    Dazzling visuals, some incredible performances stand out Emma Watson, and some emotional depth make this easily one of the best film's in the franchise. I give this film 95% of a good movie.
  51. Dec 12, 2011
    (September 25, 2009)
    (September 25, 2009)
    This movie left me with very mixed opinions. I am one of the Potter Freaks that read all the books, and I compare and contrast the book and the movie while I am viewing it for the first time. Since this is a review only on the film, though, I do not want start talking about what was missing and what did not need to be in the film. In the tradition of a Harry Potter film, it is long. Even with the length I was entertained throughout most of it, but like most lengthy films, it did have its moments that dragged on. Being a little on the let down side by the past two films, this one started out very promising. I personally felt the film started out at a high point, and just slowly kept falling down from this point and never seemed to get back up. It felt like the director did not know how to place things from the book into a movie to keep the movie going at a good pace the whole way through. Even the ending to the movie just did not seen as suspenseful as it should have been, which I will not spoil for the nine percent of people that still do not know what happened, but the movie spends so much time building up things that by the time you get to the end, you are not on the edge of your seat like you should be. This movie is visually stunning, though, and the quidditch scenes are definitely the best ones yet. Overall I felt like this movie was just a pit stop to get some silly teenage drama out of the way and get people prepared for what is to come in the next two films. The film was good, but was more on the forgettable side.
  52. Dec 10, 2011
    Like "Deathly Hallows, Part 1" the film doesn't focus on action or story development but it focus on the characters and how they have been affected by Voldemort and his followers. Delbonnel's cinematography illustrates that well, depicting the world as we know as not innocent anymore, but as dark and frightening. However, Half-Blood Prince feels a way too long and doesn't add almostLike "Deathly Hallows, Part 1" the film doesn't focus on action or story development but it focus on the characters and how they have been affected by Voldemort and his followers. Delbonnel's cinematography illustrates that well, depicting the world as we know as not innocent anymore, but as dark and frightening. However, Half-Blood Prince feels a way too long and doesn't add almost nothing to the future story. Expand
  53. Dec 7, 2011
    I havent liked the HP series that much so I didnt have a lot of hope for this film but I was suprised that I actually really liked it. I thought it did a good job staying true to the book and it was nice to see Michael Gambon (Dumbledore) get more screen time and show off his skills - Unlike the other films hes in. It was well worth watching.
  54. Nov 4, 2011
    An excellently crafted sixth installment in the most successful film franchise in history. It's dark, intense, emotional and occasionally quite funny as teenage hormones run rampant throughout the halls of Hogwarts, despite many additions and cut-outs from the story. Not like it matters, but it's just a little disappointing for the die hard fans. Also I found that the pace was a little tooAn excellently crafted sixth installment in the most successful film franchise in history. It's dark, intense, emotional and occasionally quite funny as teenage hormones run rampant throughout the halls of Hogwarts, despite many additions and cut-outs from the story. Not like it matters, but it's just a little disappointing for the die hard fans. Also I found that the pace was a little too slow, thus weakening the momentum of the film. 3 1/2 out 4 stars. Expand
  55. Sep 23, 2011
    David Yate's Harry Potter is not magical anymore. The movie spins confusing romance between the 3 main protagonists and also focuses more on the violence of the scary Voldemort. This is not a franchise I was hoping to watch....
  56. Aug 9, 2011
    This movie is different than most other Harry Potter movies with the whole teen relationships thing and the introduction of horcruxes. Slughorn is a great character and the meetings with Harry and Dumbledore are very entertaining, making a perfect set up for the ending
  57. CRL
    Jul 27, 2011
    This is without a doubt the worst movie of the Harry Potter series. It took a book that was extremely thin to begin with and chopped half of it cleanly away, ending up with a montage of broken scenes where months pass in a second and a single day takes an hour. Sometimes it tries to be an action film, sometimes it tries to be a comedy, sometimes it tries to be a suspense thriller. InThis is without a doubt the worst movie of the Harry Potter series. It took a book that was extremely thin to begin with and chopped half of it cleanly away, ending up with a montage of broken scenes where months pass in a second and a single day takes an hour. Sometimes it tries to be an action film, sometimes it tries to be a comedy, sometimes it tries to be a suspense thriller. In the end, it's just a mismatched rehash of what David Yates saw as the most important scenes from the source material. Expand
  58. Jul 20, 2011
    This Harry Potter film has a feel to it which no other Harry Potter film has. It's has a perpetual and omnipresent tone of darkness and subdued magic, brought on from its spectacular score and superb acting. It certainly is an interesting creation, compelling the audience into the story throughout. It's certainly not the best Harry Potter film, but, by no measure, is it the worst. 8/10
  59. Jul 19, 2011
    This has to be the best Potter movie.
  60. Jul 17, 2011
    Setting things up for the finale in style this is the best movie of the series so far. it is here that the characters truly move from childhood into early adulthood and face the hardships of retationships as well as their positions within Hogwarts. It also delvelops the sub plots nicely and brings them into the fore.
  61. Jul 11, 2011
    While Half-Blood Prince isn't perfect, it sure expands upon the Harry Potter feel like no other. The plot here is sticking to the main plot, but missing out on the cool side stories. Th performances are the deepest than before and the visuals make the film a great watch! There wasn't as much action has before, but this addition is still entertaining to watch!
  62. Jul 10, 2011
    The best film in the Harry Potter Franchise so far. Half-Blood Prince is exciting, refreshing and stands on it's own. Some of the Potter films lack whither it is story line or direction. The Half-Blood Prince finally completes the triple threat well acted, perfectly directed with a killer script.
  63. Jul 5, 2011
    As Harry learns that Hogwarts is no longer safe, he and his friends do a lot of important things that lie just ahead of them while he finds out that his arch-nemesis, Draco Malfoy made an unbreakable vow that if he doens't kill Professor Dumbledore, Professor Snape will kill him himself. With him dead, Harry is given a note that he faked the deathcrux, the only key to Voldemort'sAs Harry learns that Hogwarts is no longer safe, he and his friends do a lot of important things that lie just ahead of them while he finds out that his arch-nemesis, Draco Malfoy made an unbreakable vow that if he doens't kill Professor Dumbledore, Professor Snape will kill him himself. With him dead, Harry is given a note that he faked the deathcrux, the only key to Voldemort's immortality in which he and his friends will succeed in finding them. Saw it with my sister in theaters at the same year and now I will make my opinion just to make this review short. The acting.....amazing The fantasy action.....great The storyline.....well-paced The sad where Professor Dumbledore dies.....so sad it will make you cry your eyes out. The characters.....a little bit developed, but were amazing Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is a dark, emotional, and funny entry in the series. 8/10 Expand
  64. Jun 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Half-Blood Prince is one of the best Potter films. It is dark, emotional, and sleek. The acting is great (especially Alan Rickman) and as always the score is stunning. Those who haven't read the books will find it better then those who have, but fans of the book will still love this. I didn't much like how they sort of brushed over the very important Half-Blood Prince thing, and just have Snape randomly say it at the end. But that aside, this is still a fantastic movie. Expand
  65. May 29, 2011
    The most hated movie by most fans of HP, because it was unfaithful through the book. However this is by far the greatest success of Half-Blood Prince. Although it has cut some important memories and said little about the Horcruxes, the greater freedom in adapting that Kloves had ended up making this the best film in the saga (until he came Deathly Hallows, of course). Yates has alsoThe most hated movie by most fans of HP, because it was unfaithful through the book. However this is by far the greatest success of Half-Blood Prince. Although it has cut some important memories and said little about the Horcruxes, the greater freedom in adapting that Kloves had ended up making this the best film in the saga (until he came Deathly Hallows, of course). Yates has also improved a LOT, and achieves good moments of humor and manages to emote in some scenes. The performances are very good this young. Radcliffe shows good comic timing, and Grint. And Emma Watson makes a beautiful performance here. The adult cast, as always, is wonderful. Alan Rickman, Michael Gambon, Helena Bonham Carter and Jim Broadbent are simply fantastic. Great visual effects (the second best of the series), a beautiful photograph and a wonderful soundtrack make this one of the best technically as well. Expand
  66. May 5, 2011
    story is as of that book. some changes made and it was not gripping. screenplay is the fault here. the story with a cause must be really motivating. but screenplay fades in the first half after 30 minutes and goes dull with all unnecessary scenes for about 20 minutes. however rare interjections of some memories were present. but still i felt that the movie dragged deeply. second half camestory is as of that book. some changes made and it was not gripping. screenplay is the fault here. the story with a cause must be really motivating. but screenplay fades in the first half after 30 minutes and goes dull with all unnecessary scenes for about 20 minutes. however rare interjections of some memories were present. but still i felt that the movie dragged deeply. second half came and again movie had slow impact for about 20 minutes or so. some romance and fun scenes are not at all necessary and it disturbed the narrative deeply. any way the last 20 minutes was very good and movie concluded to a perfection. direction is top notch and thats why i feel that the movie is good. neat performance by daniel emma and rupert. micheal gambon"s performance is good. alan rickman was good in his limited role. rest all did perform good. the lead casts were perfect and thats the driving factor for the movie. technically speaking rich visuals and some eye popping special effects in the climax cave sequence along with teleportation was very good. editing needed a better work. if i had been editor i would have trimmed it altleast for 20 minutes or so. the main scenes did not get focus. the climax is cliched and ended suddenly. even though movie is 150 minutes nearly. it was entertaining for about 100 minutes. the remaining 50 minutes was nothing but real boredom. finally half blood prince is good in parts and great in certain parts and worst in some sections. i recommend the movie. Expand
  67. Apr 17, 2011
    Watched it today, and i liked it. i loved to watch my fantasy which was the book come to life so i can not only watch but read my way along side harry and his friends battle throughout the wizarding world. except for cut out scenes, and edits to scenes changing what i viewed in the book, i loved it
  68. Mar 19, 2011
    It is better than the Order of the Pheonix it's still not as good as the previous movies, it's better because they brought back the humor but it still kept the darker tone and brings tension for the next film.
  69. Mar 1, 2011
    It was way too long. But I was entertained but then again, I was bored at some parts in this movie.
  70. Dec 2, 2010
    The atmosphere sets the tone, PERFECTLY for this dark adaptation! It's the grittiest Potter film out, and everything about this film is directed impeccably, from the eerie orchestration to the incredible cast of bright characters in the perpetually perennial flick.
  71. Nov 25, 2010
    The movie is totally unbearable. The acting is poor and unnatural (how old are the characters supposed to be???), the plot is awfully idiotic. Frankly speaking, I watched the second half in double-speed, because I didn't want to waste too much time on this crap (I could turn it off, of course, but I had Hope that the ending would be great; it wasn't). The book is great, though. I'm tryingThe movie is totally unbearable. The acting is poor and unnatural (how old are the characters supposed to be???), the plot is awfully idiotic. Frankly speaking, I watched the second half in double-speed, because I didn't want to waste too much time on this crap (I could turn it off, of course, but I had Hope that the ending would be great; it wasn't). The book is great, though. I'm trying to forget this movie poison. Expand
  72. Nov 22, 2010
    As the 6th one begins, not only Hogwarts is in danger, but the muggle world too. No longer Harry is a small child that was almost killed by the darkest and one of the most powerful wizards in history, but fans know that the end is near. Soon Voldemort will come out of hiding and meet Harry. Fans will find the secret to Voldemort's immortality and the wizarding world could never have beenAs the 6th one begins, not only Hogwarts is in danger, but the muggle world too. No longer Harry is a small child that was almost killed by the darkest and one of the most powerful wizards in history, but fans know that the end is near. Soon Voldemort will come out of hiding and meet Harry. Fans will find the secret to Voldemort's immortality and the wizarding world could never have been more dangerous. He still has Ron and Hermoine to look up to, but it is no more fun and games. The movie however, was. Impressive special effects and groundbreaking sequences events, turn this into one of the most intense films of the entire franchise. David Yates amazes me again, and audiences will be anticipating the end for the final 7th installment of one of the world's most successful franchises. Expand
  73. Nov 7, 2010
    Absolutely satisfying! Atmospheric and darker than any previous film, it succeeds in staying loyal to the book as it brings on screen all the things we loved from J.K. Rowling. Superb visual effects and score! It is really epic! Daniel, Emma and Rupert prove their talent! I was really amazed about how all these inversions in the plot fit only in a two and a half hour film! Loved it!
  74. Oct 6, 2010
    I never thought I'd see the day that a Harry Potter movies disappoints me. Unfortunately, that happened with Half-Blood Prince, the only Harry Potter movie I dislike. I understand that there will be changes from the book, but my God, it's like they completely changed the story!
  75. Oct 3, 2010
    The series only continues to get better! This film is definitely the funniest Harry Potter film so far, as well as the most emotional, and its definitely up there for entertainment as well. The middle section of the plot is slow and not much happens, however this is made up for by the brilliant opening and climax. The acting is the best so far and the visuals are stunning, this is truly anThe series only continues to get better! This film is definitely the funniest Harry Potter film so far, as well as the most emotional, and its definitely up there for entertainment as well. The middle section of the plot is slow and not much happens, however this is made up for by the brilliant opening and climax. The acting is the best so far and the visuals are stunning, this is truly an excellent film and I found it highly enjoyable, despite a few flaws and areas that I would change here and there. If you're looking for pure action though, this is not the film for you, and perhaps that is one of the few let downs of this film. 'Deathly Hallows' will hopefully improve on that. Expand
  76. Sep 24, 2010
    While certainly not perfect, and perhaps a tad disapointing, it till delivers one of the better films of 2009, outshining the occasionally bland Avatar and delivering a rather faithful bit of fan surface too. Not the best film ever, perhaps not even the best Harry Potter film, but it's essential for Harry Potter fans, and a well directed film, with some major back up from it's source material.
  77. Aug 27, 2010
    If you can resist the fanboy urge to pick apart every plot detail and scour all the scenes for inaccuracies, you'll find yourself watching probably one of the most enjoyable and well-crafted movie in the film series so far (but I think by now it's just become a sad tradition for the movies to have cop-out endings...)
  78. Aug 21, 2010
    Although the movie did follow the book very well (the best since #2), the movie was incredibly slow and boring, and the since that they added made no sense at all, like the weasley's house fire scene (what was that?). Also they barely mentioned the Half-blood Prince and really didn't go in depth or include enough on the memories of Tom Riddle which was very significant in the books. TheAlthough the movie did follow the book very well (the best since #2), the movie was incredibly slow and boring, and the since that they added made no sense at all, like the weasley's house fire scene (what was that?). Also they barely mentioned the Half-blood Prince and really didn't go in depth or include enough on the memories of Tom Riddle which was very significant in the books. The magic and effects also seemed very cartoonish instead of real and authentic. (Bring in Peter Jackson Please!) Expand
  79. Aug 16, 2010
    Not great, but pretty good. It's one of the weakest films in terms of interest in the story and fun, but the film definitely has emotional power, and Radcliffe is at his best by far here. Everything seems determined to gear up for the final entry in the series, which will likely make or break this reasonably successful film franchise. The momentum built up by this film is prettyNot great, but pretty good. It's one of the weakest films in terms of interest in the story and fun, but the film definitely has emotional power, and Radcliffe is at his best by far here. Everything seems determined to gear up for the final entry in the series, which will likely make or break this reasonably successful film franchise. The momentum built up by this film is pretty substantial near the end. Expand
  80. Aug 15, 2010
    It's bizarre, but this didn't really FEEL like Harry Potter. It's quite lucky that the film manages to blend mystery, comedy, and romantic general life issues together without being a total failure - much like the book.
  81. AndrewN.
    Jan 4, 2010
    Half Blood Prince is bereft of any real drama and excitement. As such the challenge lies in trying to sit through the whole movie.
  82. SurajG
    Dec 21, 2009
    This movie was awesome and better than "Order of the Phoenix", which should have been made into two parts.
  83. MitchA.
    Dec 18, 2009
    I'd say HP6 is the best one of the series with a good balence of action and comedy. I say it delievers in a way never thought possible by any Harry Potter movie.
  84. DavidB
    Dec 17, 2009
    Not as good as Azkaban. Did enjoy it. Covered the fine points of book. Missed the Hogwarts battle that the book covered.
  85. ZackT
    Dec 10, 2009
    Agree with Joelle G, good build. A little lack-luster though.
  86. LisaB
    Dec 10, 2009
    Really Really Really disappointed with this film... its left so much crucial information out so much so that anyone who hasn't read the book would not have a clue what was going on... where was Voldermort where were Bill and Fleur and Scrimgeour??? what the hell was that scene about where the burrow gets trashed how will they have the wedding in the next film??? why do things Really Really Really disappointed with this film... its left so much crucial information out so much so that anyone who hasn't read the book would not have a clue what was going on... where was Voldermort where were Bill and Fleur and Scrimgeour??? what the hell was that scene about where the burrow gets trashed how will they have the wedding in the next film??? why do things completely different and add new stuff... I just don't get it... this was ruined!!! not very impressed at all. The battle at the end was the best bit with Dumbledors Army and the Deatheaters etc If it aint broke dont fix it!!! Expand
  87. avery
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'm forty. I was bored by this, but I did quite enjoy '....Azkaban". However that featured Oldman, Thewlis, Spall, Rickman, and HBC a lot. 'Azkaban' and 'Phoenix' were torch-passing films that merged generations. 'Half Blood' is caught between little kid harry and young adult Harry. Also, none of the Harry Potter girls are ever as cute as Kristen I'm forty. I was bored by this, but I did quite enjoy '....Azkaban". However that featured Oldman, Thewlis, Spall, Rickman, and HBC a lot. 'Azkaban' and 'Phoenix' were torch-passing films that merged generations. 'Half Blood' is caught between little kid harry and young adult Harry. Also, none of the Harry Potter girls are ever as cute as Kristen Stewart or Michelle Trachtenberg. Expand
  88. JoelleG
    Nov 23, 2009
    Good transitional film. Builds tension for the next installment.
  89. HayleeB
    Nov 22, 2009
    A complete bore! The movie reached about half way and i couldnt wait for it to end. There was a massive lead up and then it just fell and boy did it fall hard. What happened to the whole battle at hogwarts at the end?? It was a corny romance. I was really disappointed with the amount of things they left out. This is by far my least favourite movie out of them all. It was a real disappointement.
  90. LuizF
    Nov 16, 2009
    The movie isn't marvellous and isn't a disaster too. For me, It's like a previous for an incredible movie that we'll see in next november. Scenes were added, the attack on Weasley's house was espetaculary made. But, not necessary things were included and necessary facts weren't shown. Because of that scenes, I gave HP'n HBP 9. Very good movie!
  91. JoshB
    Nov 15, 2009
    The funniest movie yet, and the acting by the kids has improved but the movie was really not good. It was probably more liked by the critics as it was very beautiful cinematography but the story was lacking sooo many crucial scenes and yet they felt it necessary to add in a 10 minute scene that was complete non existent in the book. The way the movie ran, it ended with me actually being The funniest movie yet, and the acting by the kids has improved but the movie was really not good. It was probably more liked by the critics as it was very beautiful cinematography but the story was lacking sooo many crucial scenes and yet they felt it necessary to add in a 10 minute scene that was complete non existent in the book. The way the movie ran, it ended with me actually being bored by the, what should have been, incredibly exciting last scene. Expand
  92. Kenny
    Nov 4, 2009
    Perhaps we are witnessing the best part of the series and the only really acceptable. After 6, it was time. But still not really complete. David Yates is responsible for achieving 6th darkest part thanks to his direction and not magic, but you have to say who remain unaware finish a movie and this time I had in palm to make a great film, but its final touches on the simplicity and Perhaps we are witnessing the best part of the series and the only really acceptable. After 6, it was time. But still not really complete. David Yates is responsible for achieving 6th darkest part thanks to his direction and not magic, but you have to say who remain unaware finish a movie and this time I had in palm to make a great film, but its final touches on the simplicity and fatigue. And it is logical that after so many ridiculous and so heavy parts is expected that both history (JK Rowling is not exactly a brilliant mind, another thing is that thousands of readers either) and actors (and characters) and like everything that concerns the film is starting to get tired of itself. They should have cut long, or have created a television series, which for that matter. Even so the best of the series by far. Expand
  93. AmandaM
    Oct 29, 2009
    Best HP movie yet! Makes up for "The Order of the Pheniox" which was extreamly dull. I lvoed how Snape (Alan Rickman) is seen so much in this movie compaired to the others.
  94. NicolasM
    Oct 27, 2009
    I Was very disappointed when I watched the film - It's 90% Teenage-girl-relationship-drama and girls screming their heads off and about 9% Storyline the missing percent is bad acting. Ok, I have to admit that the movie does look very cool due incredible video-editing and really impressive special effects but it never feels as Hogwarts as it did in e.g. HP3. Even worse than HP5 - and I Was very disappointed when I watched the film - It's 90% Teenage-girl-relationship-drama and girls screming their heads off and about 9% Storyline the missing percent is bad acting. Ok, I have to admit that the movie does look very cool due incredible video-editing and really impressive special effects but it never feels as Hogwarts as it did in e.g. HP3. Even worse than HP5 - and the next 2 movies will be produced by the same director - poor Harry! Expand
  95. OvidiuR
    Oct 20, 2009
    Funny,Funny,Funny! This is something that was missing from the other films but this one is full of true, fine humour! Well done David Yates, well done!
  96. jen
    Oct 14, 2009
    This was a bit disappointing. The movie edited out so many scenes that I couldn't follow along. I supppose you can fit only so much of 700 pages into a two hour movie, but the movie was overall disappointing.
  97. Kent
    Oct 13, 2009
    Man did I find this disappointing. I love the Harry Potter books and have enjoyed the movies (not great, but fine nonetheless) and after reading all the hype and excellent reviews about this move I was, in a word: "amped". In the ed however, the new film actually had me bored. It focused waaaaaaaay too much on the romance side of the story (seriously, if we want over-the-top pathetic Man did I find this disappointing. I love the Harry Potter books and have enjoyed the movies (not great, but fine nonetheless) and after reading all the hype and excellent reviews about this move I was, in a word: "amped". In the ed however, the new film actually had me bored. It focused waaaaaaaay too much on the romance side of the story (seriously, if we want over-the-top pathetic romance, we will watchTwilight). The director, for some god-forsaken reason deamed it fit to add a completely pointless 10 minute scene in which the Burrow is destroyed. This added nothing to the film at all. And what the hell happened to that cool fight-scene at the ned of the book. There was essentially no storyline in retrospect and what there was could have been made into a half-hour film. Again: this film disappointed me heavily. Expand
  98. SuchK
    Oct 12, 2009
    The best one yet. I saw it the day it came out and they made it 99% like the book. Awesome.
  99. AnonyMouse
    Oct 11, 2009
    Don't bother watching this movie and just stick with the novels. If you enjoyed the book, avoid this adaptation at ALL COSTS. It's like they just randomly chose parts from the book to film; unless they show all the missing events and details in a flashback, Deathly Hallows is going to be full of plot holes or an even worse adaptation than Half-Blood Prince.
  100. JavierN.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Very funny!

1. David Yates, in his go at the helm, throws the emphasis on the gathering storm clouds even as Harry and his fellow wizardry students make further discoveries involving the opposite sex.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Dazzlingly well made and perhaps deliberately less fanciful than the previous entries, this one is played in a mode closer to palpable life-or-death drama than any of the others and is quite effective as such.
  3. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    We're marking time before the final battle between Good and Evil, with the promised darkness sitting somewhat clumsily with teen romance and humour.