7.5

1. Aug 16, 2010
    Might be the best of the series. It's certainly the most impressive visually, as Hogwarts, which sometimes felt as thrilling as a funeral home during Columbus' films, comes vividly alive in the third film. Sirius Black is such an intoxicating and great character, he really ties the movie together greatly. This was arguably Rowling's peak in the series.
  2. Sep 23, 2011
    Finally, a harry potter movie that starts childlike and ends with maturity! Bravo Alfonso Cuaron!
  3. Dec 17, 2011
    With strong performances stand out Emma Watson, thrills, a great score, great emotional depth, and dazzling visuals make this one of the best of the potters. I give this film 90% of a good movie.
  4. Dec 8, 2010
    Probably the least engaging of the series when it comes to the film adaptations; very uneventful -- missing the engaging parts of the book. Somehow though, even with its serious flaws -- Azkaban is worth watching.
  5. CRL
    Jul 27, 2011
    Prisoner of Azkaban's cinematography itself blows you away, and the world of Hogwarts leaps from the screen almost as well as Pandora (and without the help of 3D). Several new great characters (and actors) enter at this point, stirring darker themes up for the first time. The storyline is also my favorite of the series, and this movie sticks to the source material incredibly well. Emotionally charged, incredible acted, and superbly directed, this is easily for me the best movie of the series. Expand
  6. Nov 8, 2012
    This is a new, equally entrancing look at the world of Harry Potter, a darker, haunting film that sticks with you.
  7. Nov 22, 2010
    The third time around didn't charm me as well as the first two movies in the franchise. They changed the director, which had a big effect on the overall tone of the movie. It was dark and unrelenting to watch. The only thing that appealed to me was how it ended and the magical scenery around Hogwarts. The rest, I could forget about it. There never was a bright moment in the movie, and the only thing Harry has to hold onto is his two friends, Hermoine and Ron. Harry has enemies, he has friends. He still hasn't fully understood that he will in the end have an epic battle with Voldemort because he has an ultimate desire too. Lord Voldemort is very powerful, but his lurking presence around the halls of Hogwarts doesn't frighten him as much as it used to. The director gives us an uncomfortable viewing experience that I wan't happy with and wish this doesn't happen again in the next film. Expand
  8. Jun 17, 2011
    Hands down, the best in the Potter series. The younger actors finally come into there own in this installment. The casting of Michael Gambon as Dumbledore was perfect, and he plays a better Dumbledore then the late Richard Harris (not to be offensive). Visually dark and emotionally satisfying, Azkaban works not only as a Potter movie, but as a movie in its own right.
  9. Aug 9, 2011
    A surprising improvement on the first and second installments in acting, artistic elements and emotional involvement in the story. It was darker and with this darkness came a more real movie, plus a pretty cool climactic battle
  10. May 25, 2012
    Its one of the best in the series because of great organization of the story.
  11. May 11, 2013
    In year three, our cast of unique and magical characthers have to deal with a new threat, an escaped prisoner, from Azkaban Prison, who seems to want to kill Harry Potter. Azkaban was a return to the magical formula that made Harry Potter legendary. The story here is suburb and unlike the Chamber of Secrets, it isn't dummied down or rushed for us. New elements are introduced such as the secret map and time travel, but perhaps most important of all we finally see Harry demonstrate some of this incredible power that has led to his fame at Hogwarts. The story was terrific, the action was great, the performances were off the chart, and the childish stuff was kept to a minimum, but was Azkaban perfect? Many critics will tell you that this is the best of the Potter films and it was terrific, but personally I was hoping to see more of the world outside of Hogwarts. I was looking forward to possibly seeing the inside of Azkaban prison and some of the people who are locked up there. While I appreciate the different views and new filming location, it was still centered at Hogwarts. Not a bad thing, but personally I'd have liked to have seen something else. Aside from that, new Director, Alfonso Cuaron, does use parts of the story that were excluded in the previous films, he also does give us a new location, and view of things. Overall, Cuaron really does do a tremendous job, making this film geared more toward young adults than children. Azkaban is much closer to being what J.K. Rowling intended than the Chamber of Secrets was. I absolutely loved this film, there are just some parts of this film that are truly amazing. If you're picky like I am, and are only going to give Harry Potter one shot, then I suggest the film you watch is The Prisoner of Azkaban. Expand
  12. Aug 21, 2010
    Definitely not as good as the first to. I feel like it lacked the craft, beauty, and authenticity of the first two films and was really immature, especially at the end. I don't understand how you can end a movie, especially Harry Potter with that last scene/image. It really felt cheesy when it should be majestic and beautiful. It wasn't bad but really I didn't like it as much.
  13. Aug 15, 2010
    High on special effects and much more spooky, funny and mature than the two previous films, but the direction seems to be a lot more lazy than the other films. This has resulted in my least favourite in the whole series (this far)
  14. Jan 20, 2011
    A decent adaptation, but felt there were kinda too many changes from the book. This used to be my least favorite Harry Potter movie, until the Half-Blood Prince movie came out and took that honor.
  15. Jul 5, 2011
    Harry Potter learns that someone is after him and that person is known as Sirius Black. As he and his friends start their third year at hogswarts, they encounter new dangers that lie just ahead of them as they try to prove whether Sirius is innocent of not killing his parents or not. This was the only Potter movie that I've missed in theaters. That was pretty sad. Now to my opinion. Like the first two movies, there's nothing negative to say about this one. The actors were very entertaining (again) and I can say nothing more about Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, or anyone else. The only actor that I have to say to is Michael Gambon for his wonderful performance as Professor Dumbledore. The CGI was cool (again) and even the action was cool (again). The storytelling was amazing and the storyline was well-paced. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is a magnificent third entry of the Potter franchise with a lot of depth to the third book of the series. 8/10 Expand
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    Probably the best film in the series. You not only see a huge increase in skill for the younger cast but you finally see them put the older cast members to some use. I think the long run time is pushing it a little though. The script doesnt really do that good of a job transitioning from book to film and it doesnt do a good job of explaining.

Also I think Michael Gambon was a great
    addition for the re-casting of Albus Dumbledore. Expand
  17. Nov 20, 2010
    this one is the best in the series. i have watched all of them even the nr.7 and i liked this best out of all of them. it felt so alive and magic with those things and all that happened the same year at the school. you gotta se it. my list from top to bottom is first Nr.1 Harry Potter 3 Nr.2 Harry Potter 4 Nr.3 Harry Potter 1 Nr.4 Harry Potter 7 Part 1 Nr.5 Harry Potter 6 Nr.6 Harry Potter 2
    Nr.7 Harry Potter 5

But still if i have a list all of them are good though. all of the harry potter movies can i see again
  18. Dec 18, 2011
    This installment has some depth, and it's enough mature, unlike the first two childish ones.
  19. Mar 19, 2011
    Another fantastic Harry Potter movie, fans of the previous movies will enjoy, fans of the books should enjoy I personally don't know if you will as I did not read any of the books but I don't see why you wouldn't, one of the best in the series.
  20. Mar 10, 2011
    Of all the Harry Potter movies, (with the possible exception of 7.1 and 7.2), this feels most like its own movie. Yes, it has similarities in plot and characters with the book, but it doesn't feel like as much of an adaptation as the other movies, and doesn't feel as chained to the books.
  21. Jul 11, 2011
    Prisoner of Azkaban is certainly darker and creeper than the first two films and books in the Harry Potter series. But that's why this is my favorite film in the series. Once again, the performances and story are all amazing in this film, as well as the direction this film went towards. But the visuals are a real treat because of how dark toned they are! This all makes up to be a very worthy addition to the film series. Expand
  22. Feb 16, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hello, everyone! I am DramaStorm. And this is my review for the third Harry Potter Movie: Prisoner of Azkaban. Well, this movie is simply really great. There's no two ways about it. Harry and his friends are trying to solve yet another mystery while trying to keep up with their magical schoolwork. Well, thankfully, they are able to save more than just one innocent life in this film and nobody dies. The best part of this movie: When Harry saves himself from getting destroyed by the Dementors. The worst part of this movie: LOL, probably the mishap at the Dursley's house. But you've got to admit, it was pretty funny. Fin. Expand
  23. May 29, 2011
    This and the Goblet of Fire are unique in the saga. Both were directed by directors who didn't make any other drive then. What made them both very different from the others, that here was a great result! The most bucolic of the saga, the best performance of John Williams soundtrack (especially the beautiful Buckbeak's Flight) and the cast far more grown up. A little heavy, this film begins the process of maturation of both the characters and the fans, which may even scare some parents off guard, but the unique beauty of this unique film saga makes it worth taking a chance on him. Cuaron's direction has improved a lot and the course of the series. The director has several moments of great creativity throughout the film. Most infidelity script from the book than the first two films also helped a lot to the improvement of the series, since this was much less tiring than its predecessors. The junior improved performances (Rupert Grint decreases in the faces), but Radcliffe, disappointing especially in the scene where he discovers a secret about Sirius Black and starts crying (pathetic performance in this scene). Technically also represented a major advance. This movie has the best visual effects for the whole saga. The Buckbeak, the Dementors, the Animagi and werewolf are just fantastic. In addition, the trail of John Williams is the better of him in the series (Buckbeak's Flight is wonderful). There is also a beautiful photograph. Expand
  24. Jul 6, 2011
    So the third film takes a much darker route then the first two. I don't mind the darkness and acclaimed best Potter film but this is the shortest and yet it feels like the longest of the films. This film was dumbed down to Hollywood standard and honestly I don't feel that this director saved the series at all. The twists in this film are a lot better then "The Chamber of Secrets" and the new look of Harry Potter is visually stunning but I still feel that the filmmakers thought audience members were stupid. They included a pointless segment of the Willow Tree just to show the changing of season. We dealt without this in the first two films, why do we need it now? The only reason that I can think of is the fact that the art direction was completely lacking in this film. We couldn't tell the changing of seasons without those pointless Willow Tree shots and on top of that every character seems to now be wearing fashionable clothing. When watching the behind-the-scenes of this film I found out that the actors were allowed to choose what they wanted to wear. I feel in doing this, Alfonso and his crew wanted to make a summer blockbuster more then the wanted to make a good fantasy film. Expand
  25. Jul 12, 2011
    Magical. By making Harry's inner struggles the center of the film, Alfonso Cuaron has made a visual masterpiece with rich emotional depth. The film doesn't linger on the sets and classes for too long, a liberty well taken after two previous ventures in the same setting. Instead he enhances the world through Harry's point of view. The film is emotionally darker and much more engaging. The visuals are superb, the score the best of the series so far and the cinematography outstanding. And as always the cast is top notch. This is not just a good movie for Harry Potter, it's a great film period. Expand
  26. Jul 14, 2011
    That statement that this film is the best of the set is incontrovertible!

Stylish, menacingly darker, engaging and the funniest movie of the franchise. Alfonso has done an amazing job in the seat of the director, as has john Williams with the soundtrack, the cinematographer and the CGI wizards.

The only drawback is the questionable appointment of Michael Gambon as the replacement of
    the late Sir Richard Harris for the role of Albus Dumbledore. E.g. he personifies this character with an Irish accent simply because he thought it was a good idea, and he never reads the source material from where his character is derived from and only depicts his characters in a way he that reflects his own personality (grumpy, dull and moody). Hence, we lose the mystic and omnipresence that personifies Dumbledore in the novels.

Enough of the little snag, don't let it spoil the movie because this is the best of the set.
  27. Jul 20, 2011
    Much better than the first two, with a new dark feel and magical essence, Prisoner of Azkaban leaps to cinematic brilliance with an enchanting cast, compelling storyline and a truly wondrous tone throughout. It's sublime, and certainly one of the best Harry Potter films.
  28. Dec 11, 2011
    Alfonso Cuaron made a true revolution in the series. He grasped the story and made the story flows quickly and smoothly. He also gave to the franchise a visually stunning look, a dark and more matured tone that Harry Potter deserves. It is a shame that he only directed this movie and not the entire franchise
  29. Nov 4, 2011
    This Harry Potter is imaginative, dark, well acted, complex and visually dazzling. Alfonso Cuaron came in and maintained the story of Harry Potter but also gave it a fresher, more vivid feeling than that of Chris Columbus'. 4/4 stars.
  30. Jul 13, 2013
    The third instalment in the hugely successful franchise leaps onto the screen with rapturous confidence, completely reinventing what we remember from the first two and paving its own path to be quite possibly the best in the series. Alfonso Quarón has stepped away from the friendly and sophisticated technique that Chris Columbus used in the previous films and injects the series with a much needed sense of purpose, that the stories are all somehow connected and we can be a part of this growing tale.
    There is certainly a sense of maturity as the film unfolds, there is much more of a gritty story and darker content that will amaze and even frighten, and it is visually stunning.
    Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) is preparing to attend his third year at Hogwarts, but as the story goes not everything is going to go smoothly. He finds himself on the Knight Bus, a magical vehicle which transports him to Diagon Alley where he is informed that he is in very grave danger, his godfather, Sirius Black (Gary Oldman) has escaped from Azkaban, and is out to finish the work of ridding the world of the Potter family.
    But Harry has his own demons. literally. He introduced to the Dementors, gruesome and soulless beings, hooded and terrifying. They are searching for Black, and give Harry nothing but grief, something his returning friends Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson) pick up on.
    The third film is such a delight that it is the little additions that make a difference, the flicker of a wand now has a whirring sound to accompany it, it still maintains a comic touch but introduces an almost relatable world that we could be a part of, these school kids go to class with shirts hanging out, they bully and fight with each other, this is a school after all.
    The addition of key characters is welcome to the series. Michael Gambon takes a daring and edgy approach as the new Albus Dumbledore, his presence is energetic and youthful, making his own mark in the role is excellent to see. David Thewlis plays the mysterious put helpful Professor Lupin, the new man in charge of Defence Against the Dark Arts, something and someone Harry comes to know much more. We also have the crackpot Divination teacher Professor Trelawney, who has a few too many crystals balls to read.
    As mentioned, the film is stunning to watch, its visuals when being used with the mountains of Scotland are quite exasperating, Hogwarts has truly never looked better, placing it atop a mountainside and introducing various alleyways of discovery has truly been brought to life by Quarón.
    As a fan of the books, I was pleasantly surprised at how insightful, inventive and enjoyable this film adaption was, it has all the seasons, all the mishaps, all the laughter, but somehow manages to push itself to the top of one of the greatest of the series, it is perhaps the little touches that made all the difference.
  31. Nov 22, 2011
    A new director, a new mood. Things are getting darker in the wizarding world, and the director shows this perfectly. The story starts to really build up, and many new characters are introduced well. Professor Trelawney's strange ways are presented with outstanding character and Sirius Black really captures who he is as a person. Another 10 for Harry Potter!
  32. Dec 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall it was another basic HP film that doesnt really do much for the series. While it does start to make use of the older cast members, The acting from the young cast members is probably some of the worst in the series (A lot of over acting from them).

Also the film is rather corny through out and it doesnt even come close to the emotional feel that the book had.
  33. Jan 11, 2012
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, an excellent film by mexican director Alfonso Cuarón. I admire him and not only because I'm mexican too. He understood very well the magic of the book. Impressive images, excellent musci by "maestro" John Williams. This is the movie that show us to continue our lifes and have a good frinedship. It really shows how love is powerful against the darknest. ¡BIEN HECHO ALFONSO CUARà Expand
  34. Dec 31, 2012
    This was just as good as the first two movies, probably even better if I were to ignore the book. The problem is, the book was outstanding and this movie had more variation than either of the first two adaptations. And as I have said numerous times before, I understand that certain things must be changed or cut out entirely for time purposes but in this movie there were plenty of things they needlessly added and many other things they changed that had no reason to be changed whatsoever. Change for changes sake is rarely good. Still, it was a good movie but I'm interested to see how they adapt the much larger books that follow this one. Expand
  35. Dec 28, 2011
    Not as good as the first two, I'm afraid - I wasn't too fond of the inconsistent art direction. The three leads were inexplicably strutting around Hogwarts in their street clothes rather than their usual school robes. While it lacks much of the warmth and whimsical enchantment of the first two films, and the transition into "dark and gritty" may come across as abrupt to some, the more subdued mood of the movie fits in well with its events - a murderer IS on the loose, after all. Overall, it's a great movie and a satisfying adaptation, but the other ones are better. Expand
  36. Jan 24, 2012
    One of the great things about this film is the fact that it you are able to follow it without ever reading or watching any of the previous installments. A basic understanding of 'They're wizards, the main characters parents got murdered by some bloke named Voldemort, and the 3 main characters are BFFs' is all you need to understand this.

Of course this isn't the only shining part of the
    movie. The characters are starting to mature, making it easier to relate to the characters and make them overall even more likable. The new characters are all appealing, and the twist end was done very will. For a newcomer, your going to be better off starting with the first two, but if, for some strange reason, can't this will be a good starting point and one of the best in the series. Expand
  37. Jan 28, 2012
    I liked how it continues building on its already experianced older cast members and they fit perfectly with their roles. I also like how the younger cast members have showcased their improved acting as well. My problems with the film? Too generic and honestly corny at times (when Harry learns the Patronus charm, threatens to kill Sirius Black for example are rather corny). It also lacks creativity, Something that hurt the first too films as well, and the director didnt really make this film his own (which is disapointing). Its still a solid film though and must better then the second film. Expand
  38. Mar 28, 2012
    Other interesting movie, and the second better of Potter (the first is Deathly Hallows Part 2), is amazing, incredible interesting, emotive, I love this film of Harry Potter.
  39. Aug 25, 2014
    With Alfonso Cuaron at the helm, the third installment in the Harry Potter series features a deeper, more spectacular visual than the previous two films. While Richard Harris is surely missed, Gary Oldman's Sirius Black is an outstanding addition.
  40. Mar 25, 2012
    Harry Potter has suffered it's first little hiccup. I didn't really enjoy the new kind of filmmaking. The story suffers from a disjointed feel which i believe which not play well with people who have read the book, like me.
  41. Nov 29, 2013
    The new director clearly had a vision, and it came across wonderfully in this movie. It is artistically stunning with beautiful images of the school. This movie is exciting and haunting. The flow of the movie is great and the ending is thrilling.
  42. Aug 14, 2012
    After a little break the Harry Potter franchise is back on track. After the poor show that was Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban puts all right that was once wrong. Once again sticking true to the books and only using SFX where needed, not all the time.
  43. May 4, 2012
    Now this was the film that started making the film's get really, really good. This was a bit darker than the other two and maybe a bit scary as well for some people. But a must see from me. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 8.0/10
  44. Nov 1, 2013
    "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" is the third movie in the series. Does it top the previous two though? Not exactly. The movie has a slightly disjointed feel and lacked the beauty and the craft, which made the first too brilliant. That being said, the world of Harry Potter is still quite delightful and sophisticated.
  45. Jul 12, 2012
    One of my favorite films ever. Alfonso Cuaron takes the series in a whole different direction, and it is for the better. The first two films were great, but it was time to take on a more adult approach, and that's exactly what they did. Cast continues to charm as well as brilliant sets and effects.
  46. Dec 28, 2013
    After a less than passable second film, the Harry Potter series got back to greatness as Alfonso Cuarón took place in the director’s chair for Prisoner of Azkaban and gave Hogwarts a whole new style I very much enjoyed.
    Not all gone is the ludicrousness of the second film and book with some scenes like the bloating Aunt Marge or Emma Thompson’s failed portrayal of Hogwarts’ divination
    teacher Sybil Trelawney decreasing the Spaniard’s serious approach to the source material. However, Cuarón makes up for such flaws with a loveable style and new ways of story-telling his directorial predecessor Chris Columbus didn’t venture. I personally adored the cinematography of Michael Seresin, especially the establishing shots of season and location that were used in an almost Arthaus-fashion in Prisoner of Azkaban. Not only that, but Cuarón also fully succeeded (at least in my opinion) in making what is likely the most difficult story of all seven novels understandable. I had some issues with the obvious way he depicted Hermione’s time-travelling (if you didn’t get it by the fifth time Ron stated “Hermione, you weren’t there when we came into this class” then your intelligence might be sub-par), but he excelled himself in other parts, i.e. in the subject of Sirius Black.
    Cue Sirius Black, with Gary Oldman the director got a fantastic actor to work with and the Englishman established one of the most likeable characters in the series with an excellent performance. Three other wonderful English thespians joined the ever-growing HP cast, namely David Thewlis, Timothy Spall, and Michael Gambon, with the latter actually giving a better (and more philosophical) Dumbledore than the late Richard Harris. And despite a lot of problems I had in the first two films, the three main child actors got significantly better with Cuarón to direct them, which indicated for the first time that Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson are in fact talented actors.
    Altogether, I greatly enjoyed Prisoner of Azkaban, which turned out to be a humorous while still serious approach to J.K. Rowling’s novel and impressed me through outstanding visual (and aural John Williams did another splendid score) work.
  47. Dec 22, 2012
    A wondourus spellbinder with laughs and shivers
  48. Nov 10, 2012
    The best Potter film out of all 8 movies. Incredible! This is when the series starts to get dark and exciting. Werwolves, dementors, and many more interesting elements make this film unforgettable. The cast shows their acting abilities. Radcliffe, Watson, and Grint are the perfect team. Gary Oldman (Sirius Black) is my favorite part of this film. This is all I could ask for in a Potter film.
  49. Dec 21, 2012
    This is were the Harry Potters get great. Gary Oldman surely impressed me with his amazing performance as Sirius Black not to mention David Thewlis excellant acting as Lupin. Plus instead of continuing the playful happy mood like first ones it added mind-blowing foreshadowing and visuality that the first could not come close to having. Not mention they finally learned how to make a scary yet awesome creature(The Werewolf). This film is the reason that the Harry Potter trilogy stayed strong. Expand
  50. Jan 13, 2013
    The first of the film series that I really enjoyed throughout. It has a more definite British feel and sensibility about it, mixing in all of the wonder and magic that Rowling described in her series. A great blend of light and dark, with those dreary greys that can really make the magic pop on screen. I am certainly glad that they ended up changing directors - Cuaron did a job better than Colombus. Expand
  51. Jun 8, 2013
    I don't think this is my favorite HP film, but it certainly is one of the best. Alfonso Cuaron's direction is what holds The Prisoner of Azkaban together There are many brilliant sequences throughout the film, but there are also some moments where I felt the jumbled plot could have ruined the film, but Cuaron's vision and direction holds it all together and makes for a wonderful viewing experience. This film lacks some of the magic that the first films had, but the performances, writing, direction, cinematography, and tone are all spot-on. Really liked it! Expand
  52. Jul 10, 2013
    Just like Deathly Hallows, this movie is an attention grabbing masterpiece of the dark arts. And if thats not enough, Peter Pettigrew acted like he had rabies, hilarious indeed!
  53. May 10, 2013
    My favorite of the series, amazing and darker than the rest with more mysteries to figure out and I think it deserves a hard PG! More for families and teens
  54. Apr 14, 2013
    Not quite as good as the first two but it manages to keep you constantly entertained and constantly amazed the whole ride through. I really do think this one brought a whole new style to the Harry Potter series. It seems that as the Harry Potter movies keep coming out they keep getting less family friendly and more intense and dark. My only word of advice is that you shouldn't let a child below the age of 10 see it because of the werewolf scenes and the dementor scenes. Expand
  55. Mar 28, 2013
    Very interesting story and great action in this one! It's really great, i never get tired of it.... It is possible for you not to understand this if you're watching it for first time or you haven't seen the previous Harry Potter series. So remember there's NO simple movie in this saga. My final score for the "the Prisoner of Azkaban" is 8/10!
  56. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Harry returns to his third year at Hogwarts and is joined by his loyal friends, Ron and Hermione. While attending the school, he learns a man by the name of Sirius Black is out to get him-- and is told that he was the one that turned his parents into Voldemort that led to him becoming an orphan. Later on, Harry learns that Sirius may not be as evil as the media portrays him. Expand
  57. Sep 8, 2013
    Definitely (at the time) the best of the series. It shows a darker side of the Harry Potter world without losing its kid-friendly stage. This movie really does take you on a journey throughout the whole movie with its amazing cinematography. Who better to direct this than the guy who made "Children of Men" and is going to make "Gravity" (can't wait for that one). Overall, it's a Harry Potter movie that we should have had from the start. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies. Expand
  58. Nov 1, 2013
    This an incredible film probably because Harry Potter are the best film series ever. Outstanding acting with a brilliant plot with beautiful filming and atmosphere it one the best of the series.
  59. Mar 15, 2014
  60. Jun 14, 2013
    In my opinion HP3 is the second best of franquia.Motivos:

We have a new director, new Hogwarts and a climate more positive sombrio.Esse is the HP3 had a new director a director with a different vision, a director who made ​​a radical change to the franchise that worked.
    And this time Kloves motrou not need a movie 160 minutes to show that is true to the book. We have a movie 140
    minutes incredibly magical, intelligent, great and amazing. Wonderful art direction, with effect otimos and with a handkerchief young woman who is very amadureçenco.

Not to talk about the negatives because it has.
  61. Jun 24, 2013
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is impressive and glorious, with new ideas and funny moments, I loved it, the best one...YET, the visuals are outstanding as usual but the story gets more interesting and scary!
  62. Jul 14, 2013
    This film is spectacular! With a change in director the film feels even more magical and adventurous. I love the feel of this film (the Medieval feel and style), while the material gets darker and more emotional (which is what makes a movie or story good) but keeps the great messages and light hearted moments. The music is simply divine (John Williams' best score to date), the visuals are amazing, the cinematography is beautiful, the acting is great once again. This is one of the BEST films in the series. Expand
  63. Oct 25, 2013
    Alfonso Cuaron is a very accomplished director. And this dark, almost noir version of the whimsical fantasy series. By far, the most accomplished adaptation of Harry Potter.
  64. Dec 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It has that darker feeling of Harry Potter, which I do like. In the fourth book, you have the first death of the series, and then one in every book and movie afterwards. In order for that to happen, I feel that they needed to darken the tone from the lighter first two movies. And they did a great job with it. Expand
  65. Nov 28, 2013
    this is absolutely the best film of all harry potter saga,alfonso cuaron os definetely better than chris columbus,it had all the magic plus an incredebly cuaron style.
  66. Oct 24, 2013
    'Prisoner of Azkaban' is one of the best-directed films of the franchise, however its thin story line makes it generally forgettable compared to the other films in the franchise.
  67. Nov 12, 2013
    Harry Potter imprisons its audience with entertainment.
    Harry Potter rolls out its third film in the series with a repetitive but very in-depth theme. The Prisoner of Azkaban unlocks new visions into the characters mysterious pasts, and finds the same magic it had in the first two with a continuously darker storyline.
  68. May 4, 2014
    Finally the Potter film that kicks of this film adaption the right way. New director Alfonso is superior to Chris Columbus in almost all ways. Taking away the kid like fluff and inserting some darkness. The young stars finally get a chance to shine and own their roles. Harry 3 is good to go.
  69. Aug 12, 2014
    This third installment is perhaps the one that saved the series from the franchise fatigue. The most thrilling aspect of this film and its successors is that they grow up with their hero. This one is much darker than the first two, and its plot is equally more twisted. And I find Hermione's time-turner very useful, too.

1. A deeper, darker, visually arresting and more emotionally satisfying adaptation of the J.K. Rowling literary phenomenon, achieving the neat trick of remaining faithful to the spirit of the book while at the same time being true to its cinematic self.
    Not only is this dazzler by far the best and most thrilling of the three Harry Potter movies to date, it's a film that can stand on its own even if you never heard of author J.K. Rowling and her young wizard hero.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Visually dazzling and considerably darker than the prior incarnations, the story suffers from a slightly disjointed feel that will prove less accessible to those not intimately familiar with every corner of author J.K. Rowling's world.