5.1

1. Jun 17, 2013
    I missed out on the previous Hatchet films, but I really had a good time watching this. The gags were great. hilarious set ups, but always satisfyingly gory, and there's no cgi to ruin it. I liked the witty dialogue, even though its purposely cheesy. There's a few horror cameos that surprised me for a low budget movie. After seeing this I had to watch the previous film the next day on demand.
  2. Jun 15, 2013
    Hatchet III is extremely scary and disturbing, with tons of blood and shocking scenes with a really interesting plot, it starts kind of slow, but then it gets really intense It is extremely good and incredibly scary and terrifying, nothing is so new, but the Hatchet series is kind of original and great, still it is the weakest of the series but it doesn't make Hatchet III not good!
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    This movie is very striking with more horror than the previous plot giving a special touch on a sequel so well done. Deaths are more violent and more serious than the previous film. It's like Friday the 13th, but much better with more techniques and more deaths. I think this movie deserves to win awards for excellent performances and especially Danielle Harris is more acclaimed playing theThis movie is very striking with more horror than the previous plot giving a special touch on a sequel so well done. Deaths are more violent and more serious than the previous film. It's like Friday the 13th, but much better with more techniques and more deaths. I think this movie deserves to win awards for excellent performances and especially Danielle Harris is more acclaimed playing the role of Marybeth. Expand
  4. Jun 29, 2013
    Hatchet III is everything you hate about horror movies, it is a low budget stupid and boring horror movie, uneven with predictable jump scares and action sequences, it is full of cliches and outdated ideas, Hatchet (original) is the best, don't even try watching this threequel, is is dumb and repetitive.
  5. Jun 15, 2013
    Here are a few examples of how terrible the director was for this film. It's very clear during the fight scene with Victor and the Cops that there are cables being used to keep the guy that Victor is holding in the air, Same goes for when he hits a cop with an ax and he does a complete front flip before landing face down on the ground. Another example happens earlier when the sheriff isHere are a few examples of how terrible the director was for this film. It's very clear during the fight scene with Victor and the Cops that there are cables being used to keep the guy that Victor is holding in the air, Same goes for when he hits a cop with an ax and he does a complete front flip before landing face down on the ground. Another example happens earlier when the sheriff is leaving the station. A small group of female reporters swarm on him and ask him for questions and comments. The thing is, if you pay close attention to their mouths, They're not even open. How can you talk with your mouth closed? Way to go on that one.

The acting is barely better then the previous movie, which absolute trash so anything would be a step up compared to it. The action scenes weren't as gory as the previous movies and not as entertaining either. I absolutely hated the ending as well, It was so incredibly stupid.

Overall, Everything good about Hatchet has been thrown out the window for Hatchet 3 thus making it become just one of many generic straight to dvd horror film series (Wrong Turn anyone?).
  6. Apr 10, 2014
    Hatchet movies never were my type of horror-thriller. But I do enjoy the gore yet find hard to peep with wide open eyes because killing were very brutal even though I know it is fake. Like previous two, this the third installment was not bad at all. I can say third time lucky. The story followed with new characters and one unchanged, any guess? Victor Crowley. Without him this movie isHatchet movies never were my type of horror-thriller. But I do enjoy the gore yet find hard to peep with wide open eyes because killing were very brutal even though I know it is fake. Like previous two, this the third installment was not bad at all. I can say third time lucky. The story followed with new characters and one unchanged, any guess? Victor Crowley. Without him this movie is nothing.

As a sequel, it was well done, I mean well developed characters to bring to the killing arena. Of course, many intense scenes that did not bothered story to proceed. Kind of convinced, that it all ended here with this trilogy. That is what all I am believing right now, but I won't be surprised if another movie makes its way.
  7. Jul 10, 2013
    2 points for the two laughs it gave me, other than that it was a waste of my time. Danielle's accent was all over the place, just like the second. Sometimes it was great, sometimes if was non-existent, and sometimes it was downright terrible. The kills were the same old same old. It was pretty much a film by numbers "Hatchet" edition.
  8. Jun 16, 2013
    Hatchet 3 manages to be submersive and scary with a bloody hell blood ride but depresses towards the end and just gets SAW head slasher gory flick for the audience to snooze around.
  9. LTR
    Oct 5, 2013
    This movie is a DISASTER!The story is stupid,the acting is bad,the blood looks like kool aid and isn't even scary.It is just like most really bad horror movie sequels.

1. Reviewed by: Joe Neumaier
    Jun 14, 2013
    The crowd that likes these things will certainly be psyched. Everyone else, not so much.
  2. Reviewed by: V.A. Musetto
    Jun 13, 2013
    Will there be a “Hatchet IV’’? I shudder to think about it.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    Jun 13, 2013
    Too busy with limb-severings and gunfire to bother being intelligent.