Hatchet III

5.5

1. Sep 16, 2015
    This movie was better than the last 2. Which was not hard as they lacked proper pacing. Both movies had all major deaths occurring in the last 20 minutes of the film. This film is just gore throughout which is a major improvement. However, the acting is terrible with the main character Mary-Beth stuck between being a snarky badass heroin and a whining idiot. Everything you expect toThis movie was better than the last 2. Which was not hard as they lacked proper pacing. Both movies had all major deaths occurring in the last 20 minutes of the film. This film is just gore throughout which is a major improvement. However, the acting is terrible with the main character Mary-Beth stuck between being a snarky badass heroin and a whining idiot. Everything you expect to happen, happens. There's no surprises. If you expect a brilliant film, you're going to be disappointed. If you expect an average horror movie, you'll have a decent time as it hilariously doesn't take itself seriously. Expand
  2. Apr 10, 2014
    Hatchet movies never were my type of horror-thriller. But I do enjoy the gore yet find hard to peep with wide open eyes because killing were very brutal even though I know it is fake. Like previous two, this the third installment was not bad at all. I can say third time lucky. The story followed with new characters and one unchanged, any guess? Victor Crowley. Without him this movie isHatchet movies never were my type of horror-thriller. But I do enjoy the gore yet find hard to peep with wide open eyes because killing were very brutal even though I know it is fake. Like previous two, this the third installment was not bad at all. I can say third time lucky. The story followed with new characters and one unchanged, any guess? Victor Crowley. Without him this movie is nothing.

As a sequel, it was well done, I mean well developed characters to bring to the killing arena. Of course, many intense scenes that did not bothered story to proceed. Kind of convinced, that it all ended here with this trilogy. That is what all I am believing right now, but I won't be surprised if another movie makes its way.
  3. Jun 16, 2013
    Hatchet 3 manages to be submersive and scary with a bloody hell blood ride but depresses towards the end and just gets SAW head slasher gory flick for the audience to snooze around.
  4. Jun 15, 2013
    Hatchet III is extremely scary and disturbing, with tons of blood and shocking scenes with a really interesting plot, it starts kind of slow, but then it gets really intense It is extremely good and incredibly scary and terrifying, nothing is so new, but the Hatchet series is kind of original and great, still it is the weakest of the series but it doesn't make Hatchet III not good!

1. Reviewed by: Joe Neumaier
    Jun 14, 2013
    The crowd that likes these things will certainly be psyched. Everyone else, not so much.
  2. Reviewed by: V.A. Musetto
    Jun 13, 2013
    Will there be a “Hatchet IV’’? I shudder to think about it.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    Jun 13, 2013
    Too busy with limb-severings and gunfire to bother being intelligent.