6.0

1. TamH
    Mar 29, 2009
    Involving, fun, and thoroughly frightening with just enough creeps and crawls to keep you on the edge of your seat. Check it out!
  2. AnnaR
    Apr 20, 2009
    So this probably won't go in the Hall of Fame for film ingenuity, but as the modern horror film that it is, it delivers a very intriguing plot that really caught my attention. The characters were mostly pretreated beautifully, except for a couple times when their actions were a bit predictable. I honestly love this movie because it doesn't solely rely on blood and guts to So this probably won't go in the Hall of Fame for film ingenuity, but as the modern horror film that it is, it delivers a very intriguing plot that really caught my attention. The characters were mostly pretreated beautifully, except for a couple times when their actions were a bit predictable. I honestly love this movie because it doesn't solely rely on blood and guts to deliver a good shiver, it creeps you out with ghosts and real life experiences that can be more relevant to people's lives (therefore more believable and creepier). I would strongly recommend for people to watch this. Expand
  3. RachelS
    Apr 25, 2009
    A great movie that keeps you guessing till the very end!
  4. DavidD
    Jul 16, 2009
    I went into this expecting The Exorcism of Emily Rose part 2, in other words just utter crap, but this was a really good horror movie. As far as horror movies that make it to theatres in North America this was one of the scarier ones. It's creepy as hell and the acting and plot is good enough to make you buy in to the whole mess. If you like horror movies first off you know to ignore I went into this expecting The Exorcism of Emily Rose part 2, in other words just utter crap, but this was a really good horror movie. As far as horror movies that make it to theatres in North America this was one of the scarier ones. It's creepy as hell and the acting and plot is good enough to make you buy in to the whole mess. If you like horror movies first off you know to ignore what critics say, and just look past the crappy title and cover art and watch it. definitely worth it. Expand
  5. Nov 3, 2011
    I admit, this was a really good movie. I did jump and scream a few times. It does deliver thrills, chills and scares. I'd definitely recommend this movie.
  6. Oct 12, 2014
    Amazing film, and the critics should really rate this movie higher. The jump scares are actually scary unlike most ghost movies. This film is worth the watch.

1. Reviewed by: John DeFore
    Haunting tweaks familiar tropes enough to make them interesting. Just not so interesting as to inspire many nightmares after the credits roll.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Long on atmosphere yet short on dramatic tension.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    In the realm of domestic horror, The Haunting in Connecticut is about as scary as a shower that suddenly changes temperature when someone flushes the toilet.