Hedwig and the Angry Inch

8.7

1. MitchH.
    Mar 28, 2003
    I have to say that I enjoyed the first half of this movie and the music is great, but by the second half it got boring and to conventional. All the characters around Hedwig are one dimentional and you know nothing about them. I didn't carte about them and when things started to fall apart with Hedwig and his wife/husband, I didn't care or understand who he/she was. Not enough I have to say that I enjoyed the first half of this movie and the music is great, but by the second half it got boring and to conventional. All the characters around Hedwig are one dimentional and you know nothing about them. I didn't carte about them and when things started to fall apart with Hedwig and his wife/husband, I didn't care or understand who he/she was. Not enough explination or the supproting characters with a mix or predictibality amde me not like this movie altogether. The music was great though. Loved the music. Expand
  2. CydJ.
    Aug 18, 2001
    Pain overtook the energy early on for us ... this was tragic, tortured, with not an ounce of nobility. (But then, we never liked, "Tommy.")

1. Boston Globe
    Reviewed by: Jay Carr
    If you thought ''Moulin Rouge,'' or, for that matter, ''Tommy,'' was trippy, Hedwig, with its glorious convergence of material and performer, will show you what you've been missing.
    There's some kind of pulse of sincerity beating below the glittering surface, and it may come from Mitchell's own life story.
    The sight of Hedwig and his band transforming a trashy trailer into a glitter-rock stage during "Wig in a Box" was so exhilarating I almost leapt out of my seat. The movie is pure theater, as it should be.