Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: November 9, 2001
8.7
Universal acclaim based on 139 Ratings
WATCH NOW
MichaelF.Nov 10, 2001
I was so excited when I was going to see this. Then the film had these obscene twists and with an attitude as if it KNOWS its so smart. That angers me more then anyhing ese in the film. With these pretenious lines like "Every body needs I was so excited when I was going to see this. Then the film had these obscene twists and with an attitude as if it KNOWS its so smart. That angers me more then anyhing ese in the film. With these pretenious lines like "Every body needs money, thats why they call it money!" now what exactly is that supposed to mean? Of course, there mut be a violent shoot-out at the end to highten the "suspense". The characters were undeveloped and boring. The unpredictable twists were so predictable. "The Score" at least knows what exactly what it is and doesn't ruin it with violence and pretensious lines. The scenes were overlong and no guard ever checked to see whats up. Do NOT recommend! Expand
JinC.Nov 16, 2001
Mamet's hit or miss and when it's a miss, it ends up being a poor man's Tarantino. Not a bad movie but not great. Great cast is generally wasted. But his wife is hot.
MarcB.Nov 21, 2001
This movie had all the potential to be greater than it turned out to be. Devito was his nasty self and Hackman is still trying.
PatC.Jan 8, 2004
Entrancing thriller without the baggage of stimulating original thought afterwards.
BrianC.Nov 16, 2001
Very disappointing - Although Gene Hackman is always good, the plot is really weak and I'm not all that hard to please! Wait for it to come out on video!