7.4

1. Sep 29, 2011
    "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army" is a prominent improvement of "Hellboy". With the obviously beautiful visuals, director Del Toro proceeds to actually contribute deeper into the plot and characters, resulting in one exhilarating film. A reasonable must-watch.
  2. Dec 7, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the book is the best. if you seen the first episode you will like the second episode. You can read it :
    konyv-konyvek.hu/index.php?q=hellboy_2_ordogot_a_falra
  3. Mar 10, 2011
    While the first Hellboy was a funny well acted action movie, this is a mediocre poorly acted with bad jokes movie, I was highly disappointed it was not as good as the first, an ok movie from beginning to end.
  4. Mar 25, 2011
    Hellboy 2 starts off strong with a great opening. It's filled with cool looking fantasy creatures and great fight scenes. It also has a great plot. The humor though is not funny and completely kills any chance of this movie being truly great.
  5. May 6, 2011
    This epic action fantasy is stunning to behold. Del Toro has sneakily crafted the Star Wars of fantasy, filled to the brim with delightfully imaginative eye candy, cool creatures, and plenty of action and humor. I consider this film a work of artistic genius, superior even to the first Hellboy, which was an amazing work in its own right. Anyone who wants to know what heights movies areThis epic action fantasy is stunning to behold. Del Toro has sneakily crafted the Star Wars of fantasy, filled to the brim with delightfully imaginative eye candy, cool creatures, and plenty of action and humor. I consider this film a work of artistic genius, superior even to the first Hellboy, which was an amazing work in its own right. Anyone who wants to know what heights movies are really capable of should see this immediately. Expand
  6. Sep 30, 2011
    Hellboy II doesn't just better its predecessor, it buries it. Guillermo Del Toro proves why it's better for everyone if he's left to do his own thing. The first Hellboy was extremely competent, but far from inspiring. Fresh from completing his dark fantasy masterpiece Pan's Labyrinth, Del Toro manages to inject the big red ape's second outing with some much needed energy and imagination.Hellboy II doesn't just better its predecessor, it buries it. Guillermo Del Toro proves why it's better for everyone if he's left to do his own thing. The first Hellboy was extremely competent, but far from inspiring. Fresh from completing his dark fantasy masterpiece Pan's Labyrinth, Del Toro manages to inject the big red ape's second outing with some much needed energy and imagination. You'll never see another superhero film like this. It's a superhero film filled with such well-developed weird and wonderful characters who actually have something to say about you and I. It's got plenty of big set pieces, but does not fall into the trap most summer blockbusters do - it never becomes dominated by action, it's always about character. It's well-acted (particularly Luke Goss playing a sympathetic and complex villain and Seth MacFarlane and Jeffrey Tambor providing the comic relief), visually stunning (with nods to Pan) and emotionally heartfelt. It's not about a big red guy beating up fairies and trolls. Like all of Del Toro's work, its about people (whether black, white, blue or red) and relationships. Like Hellboy himself, it may look a little strange on the outside, but at the core it's a complex beast with nothing but good intentions. Expand
  7. Jul 19, 2011
    I belive the movie was a C-. It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be but i was grossed out quiet a bit. there where some key elements like action, romance, awesome effects and a exciting ending. Over all its a fairly good movie but i've seen better.
  8. Aug 25, 2014
    I liked the elves; they were elegant, dark, tragic, and not to mention wicked looking.

The fight scenes of the movie were beautiful to watch (much thanks to Prince Nuada, well portrayed by Luke Goss), but there's something else a good film needs to be better than average. To me, Hellboy II had little to offer on that department. The story was a bit weak. There was a great idea, yes,

The story was a bit weak. There was a great idea, yes, but the execution to turn it into something visually and emotionally stunning lacked a lot.

Also, what I recall from Hellboy's first part is that the Red fellow himself is a mean one with an attitude (a bit like X-Men's Wolverine). In this sequel, it was as if no proof was needed if that attitude and its existence. There were amusing glimpses, but that was about it. They took a bit too much for granted.

An entertaining movie, but it left no lasting, positive effect whatsoever.
  9. Feb 27, 2012
    I have to say this movie was very undone, and I feel as if there was no effort. The pace of the movie doesn't build up at all, its just random event after random event. There is like no sense in this, love plots are crowbarred in, and the end it doesn't even matter, the ending didn't even seem like the ending and when it came I was surprised. The humor isn't that great and there happens toI have to say this movie was very undone, and I feel as if there was no effort. The pace of the movie doesn't build up at all, its just random event after random event. There is like no sense in this, love plots are crowbarred in, and the end it doesn't even matter, the ending didn't even seem like the ending and when it came I was surprised. The humor isn't that great and there happens to be a character in this named Dr. Krauss who Hellboy hates for like the first half of the movie but then suddenly become best pals when Hellboy needs a cure. which just happens to be in the same place that the main villain is. Convenience. However, the movie does have good visuals, and the scene where Hellboy and Abe get drunk was funny, but honestly this movie is really bad. I don't give it a red score mostly because of Visuals . Expand
  10. Jan 26, 2012
    What I liked about this film was that it looked a lot better then the first film, The CGI sequences blend perfectly with the film. The acting was solid but I did not like Luke Goss and Anna Walton as leads (they played the prince and princess). The plot was decent but a little too generic as well but del Toro adds a few personal moments for his characters and it makes the film that muchWhat I liked about this film was that it looked a lot better then the first film, The CGI sequences blend perfectly with the film. The acting was solid but I did not like Luke Goss and Anna Walton as leads (they played the prince and princess). The plot was decent but a little too generic as well but del Toro adds a few personal moments for his characters and it makes the film that much better. Its an improved sequel better then the first film. Collapse
  11. May 26, 2012
    Think of Hellboy II as Star Wars mixed with Hell. Yet, in a good way. Guillermo Del Toroâ
  12. Nov 24, 2013
    The better movie out of the 2 Hellboy 2 the golden army feels so much more Hellboy then the first film, even though i'm not entirely sure how its plot is related to the comic books, I found Hellboy 2 to be another great film that just felt so amazing and beautiful with great characters, great humor and Amazing action 10/10
  13. Nov 28, 2012
    Despite a dismally doom-laden plot, Del Toro's utterly breathtaking visuals and charm send this sequel soaring into the right direction.
  14. Jun 1, 2013
    With the upcoming release of his next action film: Pacific Rim, I decided to take it upon myself and watch some his movies (Guillermo Del toro). I already watched a few of his work already and liked them; Hellboy and Pans labyrinth, and finally I watched this one. I was surely satisfied with what I got and I can safely say it's better than the last one. Not like Batman begins to DarkWith the upcoming release of his next action film: Pacific Rim, I decided to take it upon myself and watch some his movies (Guillermo Del toro). I already watched a few of his work already and liked them; Hellboy and Pans labyrinth, and finally I watched this one. I was surely satisfied with what I got and I can safely say it's better than the last one. Not like Batman begins to Dark knight, no, just that this one has some improvements. We have most of the main cast returning, Hellboy himself is sill likeable; giving that tough dude attitude with a gentle heart. The fish man who gives a C3PO performance is funny at times, and it's nice how they try to dive into both of their lives a bit. Hellboy is having some relationship problems, and the fish man is discovering love for the first time. By far my favorite part of the film was the introduction to the ectoplasm doctor. He's so ridiculous looking, but is conveyed as both a bad ass, and a stone cold leader. The story does sound a bit familiar from the last movie, in the fact that there's an ancient evil, but here it's an ancient evil requiring an ancient power. I guess the other problem; if you can call it that, was that the plot was explained real early. It was described in a story that was being told to the main character, but if I think about, it sounds like an in joke. The action is okay. I would say the best fight is with the plant god, the sheer size of it makes (the fight) makes things more epic. Although I do think that the fights can be a bit sloppy, mainly the one with hellboy and Winx, it's too slow. Overall, this is a certainly entertaining film, and I am glad I got it on Blu-ray. Expand
  15. Aug 5, 2013
    Fueled with tons of imagination, creative costume designs and an emotion filled storyline, Golden Army is a sequel that works on many levels, whether it's the story or impressive designs.
  16. Nov 13, 2013
    A solid sequel to the already good picture. The Golden Army digs deeper into the characters backgrounds and enchants audiences in great action and a good storyline.
  17. Sep 15, 2014
    A masterpiece of creativity. It is an amazing world that Del Toro created in this movie. The characters are fitting and the villain is not only well done but you can also fell his tortured soul and corrupted noble intentions. The plot is also off from simple good vs evil or black vs white. Both sides are grey with good intentions and flaws. It is a must watch movie and far better than theA masterpiece of creativity. It is an amazing world that Del Toro created in this movie. The characters are fitting and the villain is not only well done but you can also fell his tortured soul and corrupted noble intentions. The plot is also off from simple good vs evil or black vs white. Both sides are grey with good intentions and flaws. It is a must watch movie and far better than the first one. Expand

1. With writer-director del Toro given free license to go where his singular vision takes him, Hellboy II plays like Guillermo's Greatest Hits with even hotter visual effects.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    Not to disparage the f/x guys, but what's onscreen in Hellboy II is all about the seismic eruptions in del Toro's head. Comparing his work to most fantasy cinema is like comparing cave drawings to the Cathedral of Cologne.
  3. The best scene is when Hellboy and Abe get drunk and sing out raucously, which after "Hancock" suggests a trend toward superhero alcoholism.