4.8

1. TomD.
    Jun 22, 2005
    Single redeeming facet was the car's nostalgia-invoking ability. Beyond that, it's another star vehicle for Lindsay Lohan. Sure, she's cute as a shopping cart full of discount lingerie, but not reason enough to see this clunker. I'm sure kids will love it, as they do everything Disney retro-fits. Or so we're told.
  2. georgea.
    Nov 21, 2005
    Wow u would have thought that lindsay lohan would have learn't by now that she can't act and should give up, shes nearly as bad as hilary duff (there both wannabe rock stars, it's neva gonna happen girls so let it go). They have totally ruined the rest of the herbie films for me as i just think of this one and how dissapointing it turned out to be.
  3. Sam
    Nov 21, 2005
    It's a dreadfully bad, bland, and boring sequel to the classic Love Bug series. Not only does it use one of the worst lines in cinema history (it's in my blood!), but Lindsay Lohan's character was whiny and dislikable, same with that Trip guy. I Kevin, her dad, and brother were decent, though, and Herbie was still immensley likeable, but I still truly despised this movie. It's a dreadfully bad, bland, and boring sequel to the classic Love Bug series. Not only does it use one of the worst lines in cinema history (it's in my blood!), but Lindsay Lohan's character was whiny and dislikable, same with that Trip guy. I Kevin, her dad, and brother were decent, though, and Herbie was still immensley likeable, but I still truly despised this movie. The poor director tries to make it like one of those classic, inspirational sports movies (Coach Carter, Friday Night Lights ETC.) even when it knows it's a crappy, goofy movie for 6-year old girls and 8-year-old guys. Terrible, terrible movie, and it's probably the worst of the year. Expand
  4. diegog.
    Jun 21, 2005
    I saw the movie yesterday, and i think it`s very fun, lindsay was perfect since the entire cast! great fun for all family!
  5. MatthewR.
    Jun 3, 2006
    65% This is Herbie?! It was a nice idea to make it more modern day but it completely spoils the series. There were porr directing and scriptwriting and did not attempt to try and ge back its classic 'love bug' spirit.
  6. stanelyh.
    Oct 27, 2005
    Excellent movie,one of the best that have come out yet.wish thier was more movies this good.
  7. colleenanddelaneym.
    Oct 27, 2005
    Exalant!!
  8. Maverick
    Jun 22, 2005
    I thought it was a great kids film, with just enough of a nastalgia feel to intrest those who remember the original Herbie!
  9. gabrielam.
    Jun 30, 2005
    This movie is excellent! very fun and entertaining, fun for all family! and lindsay was great like always.
  10. BrentonM.
    Jul 24, 2005
    This movie surprised me. My 10yr old daughter and I loved it. It reminded me of the old Herbie movies. This is not meant to be taken seriously so just chill out and enjoy beiing a ten year old again. If not then go back to your boring day jobs.
  11. ElizabethH.
    Jul 3, 2005
    This is a very good movie for everyone!
  12. FarrelB.
    Jul 9, 2005
    A wonderful rendition of this genre of movie. It was not trying to be arthouse or ponder the significance of life. It was portrayed as fun and delivered well.
  13. kristam.
    Oct 24, 2005
    It was great my faimly loved it.
  14. WallyS.
    Dec 8, 2005
    It has the style, it has the score, and it has the charm, but the material is flacid and the moments are so cliché, that you can't help but not like this movie. Its a reall shame, because it could have been sweet.
  15. dre
    Jun 22, 2005
    I loved this movie! Yeah some parts were too computerized but it was still great
  16. PatS.
    Jun 23, 2005
    I'm hoping Tom.D was trying to give off the impression he was using a thesaurus, at any rate this wasn't half bad.
  17. JohnD.
    Jun 24, 2005
    A movie that both kids and adults can enjoy. There aren't nearly enough of these types of films. Very funny.
  18. Zayne
    Jun 25, 2005
    Anyone who loved Herbie as a kid will love this!
  19. MarkB.
    Jun 29, 2005
    This has been quite the movie week for retrophiles who believe that they really DON'T make 'em like they used to! We got a big-screen tweak on boomer fave Bewitched (the perfect sitcom for those who want to twitch their noses and fly back to the less complicated days of the Vietnam War), we got a brand-spankin'-new walking dead epic from the king, master and architect of This has been quite the movie week for retrophiles who believe that they really DON'T make 'em like they used to! We got a big-screen tweak on boomer fave Bewitched (the perfect sitcom for those who want to twitch their noses and fly back to the less complicated days of the Vietnam War), we got a brand-spankin'-new walking dead epic from the king, master and architect of the form, and we got a CGI-overhauled redo of The Love Bug, the entertaining Disney yarn about a personality-enhanced Volkswagen Beetle that ended up being the #1 box office hit of its year (and was followed by three sequels that were much less profitable in every possible way). Time has been kinder to Herbie than to his make and model; somewhat surprisingly, I found this new version to be quite pleasant and enjoyable--a genuinely cute piece of work (and I mean that in the most honest, nonpejorative way possible). Increased technology gives good old Number 53 many more means of expressing himself (itself?) and making his (its?) will known than merely tooting his (its?) horn: he barks, purrs, growls, winks, blinks, reads the paper, salutes the flag and listens to Van Halen! It's a real compliment to nonmechanical costar Lindsay Lohan that Herbie almost but doesn't quite upstage her; despite her decidedly nonDisneylike offscreen behavior as of late, she's as remarkably engaging and natural a young actress as she was in Freaky Friday, Mean Girls and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. (But I gotta say this, Lin: the anorexic thing you're currently doing isn't working. True, Christian Bale did it for The Machinist, but at least it was in the service of a specific movie role. You need cheeseburgers...and quick!) Michael Keaton, as her dad, is just as wasted here as he was in White Noise, First Daughter and seemingly 97 other flicks before that, even if he DOES get this movie's final line. Matt Dillon's nemesis role, an obnoxiously self-centered champion racer, is two dimensions shy of the complex racist cop he played in Crash, but he's quite entertainingly villainous here. NASCAR, demolition derbies and other flavors of the decade are cleverly blended into the mix, most of the slapstick gags work, and the soundtrack choices are more imaginative than they had to be. (I mean, how can you NOT like a movie that gives one-hit wonder bubblegummers Pilot another day in the sun with their infectious 1975 hit "Magic"?) The kids will eat this up, and you should have a painless time of it--but don't be surprised if afterwards your little ones "bug" you to replace the family SUV with a V W B! Collapse
  20. Levvy
    Aug 12, 2005
    For a kiddie movie, it was actually quite good.
  21. MatthewP.
    Dec 24, 2005
    This movie is really loaded with some cool stuff. i'm just giving it a 10 because i want to get the rating up higher. but i would really give it an 8!
  22. May 25, 2012
    They gave this car a personality and somehow the movie turns out to be a really cool experience. Lindsay Lohan also does great here. The story is the only part that seems average.
  23. Oct 13, 2013
    Good message, poor execution. This movie could've been so much better. It didn't live up to its full potential, and it had so much of it! But, what more do you expect out of Lohan except being in tabloids?
  24. Mar 31, 2015
    They worked very hard on bringing the magical presence of Herbie back after so long, the actors however weren't as magical. I didn't like it but I didn't hate it either.

1. Herbie: Fully Loaded is, pure and simple, a children's film.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    A pleasingly retro recycling of "The Love Bug."
    The movie is pleasant but unspectacular, and at times it borders on being too cute.