6.7

1. Jul 28, 2014
    It's a really wonderful action movie and really get into the legend of the character. I don't get what others they want: an epic mythological movie must be really epic action, great beasts and powerful gods. And Hercules is probably the best of this
  2. Jul 26, 2014
    I'm simply not understanding how this movie is getting such bad reviews, I thought it was surprisingly awesome, Dwayne Johnson's best performance yet, and overall a nice more realistic spin on the story of Hercules with great action and decent story telling. By no means as bad as most are saying, a solid summer action flick.

Easily the best Hercules movie, far better than any 300 movie,
    if this were the early 2000's or late 90's the critics would be raving, but now with such a jaded audience people hardly appreciate anything anymore, sad, def worth a viewing. Expand
  3. Jul 26, 2014
    An epic, fun, summer movie. My whole family loved it. Reminds of the old Arnold Schwarzenegger movies of the 80's. If you loved the old Conan movies this should entertain you.
  4. Jul 28, 2014
    This movie is pure epicness. It show the true power of ancient mythology and brought into cinema. For anyone who dreams of a gof of war movie, here it is. And Dwayne is a great entertainer
  5. Jul 28, 2014
    I will admit, I went into this movie expecting something different, the trailers are a little deceiving. While it's different from the trailers, it's still an awesome movie. I saw it in IMax non 3D, this movie has lots of great action, and even has a little humor. If there was ever someone that was made to play Hercules it's Dwayne johnson, It made me really want to see more movies like this with him in it. His impressive build gives life to the character and you really believe his strength. Go see the movie, don't listen to all the people hating on it. Expand
  6. Jul 28, 2014
    Now this is what a comic book movie is suppose to look like: totally like the comics, with epic scenes, best CGI, action scenes that gives goosepumps, solid actors and extraordinary heroes. Hercules could solo the entire Avengers franchise.
  7. Jul 29, 2014
    If you enjoyed shows like Hercules and Xena, this movie is for you. Excellent battle sequences, great script, fantastic actors (Ingrid Berdal as Atalanta was brilliant)-- the epitome of a great comic book and adventure film. The movie follows the Thrace comics and strips down the Herc myth to make all the characters enjoyable and accessible. Saw it twice, and enjoyed it even more the second time.
  8. Aug 10, 2014
    my brother made me come see this movie instead i wanted to see Guardians of the Galaxy . i wasn't expecting this i thought it would be stupid like legend of hercules movie or some warrior movie. but turns out Dwayne Johnson is the legend of hercules. its not borning but its never better then 300. Grade A
  9. Jul 30, 2014
    Fun, enjoyable, to the point and also among the more believable plots of the summer (seriously, it makes sense once you watch the whole thing). The special fx suffer towards the very end but visually it's solid otherwise. Dialogue is kept simple and the plot twist is again (surprisingly) believable. The supporting cast add to the fun and the rock embodies the conflicted hero/legend/mercenary character pretty well.
    Went for the action, wasn't dissappointed- would have liked to see the supporting cast fleshed out but that would extend the running time so maybe it was a marketing decision.
    Hopefully international box office sales warrant a sequel. I fear too many people won't give this a chance because of the Brett Ratner tag in the United States.

All in all it's a simple , fun and to the point movie without any needless abuse of sexuality or unbelievable plot holes (not glaring ones anyway). Go support the Rock if you're his fan too!
  10. Aug 10, 2014
    Wonderful action movie! Great seeing many of the charecters and monsters from Greek and roman mythology come "alive!" Lots of likable charecters, great storytelling of the tasks performed by Hercules, and an all around fun movie. Much better than the movie Lucy.
  11. Aug 30, 2014
    I'm a fan of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson so I loved the movie. Pure spectacle, good special effects. You'll have a good time. Worth paying for the movie.
  12. Nov 13, 2014
    i didnt understand the bad rating....really only 47....my god there a lot of films that have deserved a rate of 47 but they become a rate of 90!!!This film has´nt earned this rate. I find this film great! Dwayne johnson played very well in this film! Good sound top animation.....I think the critics are not serious and you should not take them seriously...This movie has everything you could possibly imagine. Action voltage with a portion of humor .... just awesome!!!! Expand
  13. Oct 28, 2014
    Any movie with Dwayne Johnson will be good, even if the script does suck (which in this case it doesn't). The only thing I kinda didn't like was the part of him growing up, it all happened in a flash and we were thrown right into it. Nevertheless it's a action movie and it sure brings you a lot of action. The ending was not as expected so one might assume there will be a sequel.
  14. Aug 4, 2014
    Just when I think modern mainstream blockbusters have definitely run their course for me, along comes a movie to prove me wrong. Blends old-school storytelling and new-school pizzazz with an assurance which Peter Jackson couldn't quite pull off, and provides yet yet another argument why all decent, film-loving folk should gather in a public square to watch Michael Bay drawn-and-quartered or burned to a crisp on a flaming cross. Not sure I care that much for Brett Ratner's back catalogue, but he's certainly proved himself worthy with this one. As does the ever-charismatic Dwayne Johnson (who has all the charm of the pre-public-boob-fondling Schwarzeneggar, plus some genuine acting talent), and as for John Hurt...well, he has nothing to prove to any of us, hasn't for decades, but it's always wonderful to see him in a major role in a major Hollywood blockbuster every once in a while (and nice to see he's not dead yet, for that matter).

In all seriousness, this is a rival for the best sword-and-sandal fantasy movie since the John Milius version of Conan. Okay, so it's not quite as good as THAT spectacularly underrated piece of cinematic history...but it's pretty bloody good. And as always, endearing to see that the official "critic" community have proven themselves to be a bunch of joyless so-and-so's with absolutely NO sense of fun or adventure. No Oscars for this movie, then, bar perhaps some condescending acknowledgement of the admittedly spectacular CGI effects. Sigh...
  15. Aug 23, 2014
    I really liked this movie. Characters are O.K, storyline is old-fashioned and everything else is placed good.
    Characters are detailed in the way I like. Good acting (voice acting too). The Rock rocked this movie! Storyline is like the old one and a lot more. I enjoyed watching this 3D and relaxing.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Jul 31, 2014
    Director Brett Ratner could boast solid source material in the five-issue Radical Comics series Hercules: The Thracian Wars by the late Steve Moore. They had a shot at something here, and they blew it.
  2. Reviewed by: William Goss
    Jul 30, 2014
    If anything gets lost in the mayhem, it’s Johnson’s reliably charming personality.
  3. Reviewed by: Sherilyn Connelly
    Jul 28, 2014
    Johnson is genuinely talented. He's often the best thing in bad movies, and Ratner's Hercules is, at the very least, pretty good.