6.1

1. Nov 4, 2012
    Kevin James plays it safe with Here Comes the Boom, a movie that will remind you of Nacho Libre in many ways. Its a overall fun time at the movies, even if it is somewhat predictable.
  2. Oct 17, 2012
    It's Kevin James...need i say more? Now don't get me wrong, i love Kevin James and this movie was fun but were making honest film reviews right? Here comes the boom is a fun family film and it gets a 10/10 if thats what were basing it on, but if were basing it on a quality film and all then it gets a 5/10. Its obviously really cheesy and goofy etc. and obviously you know how its going toIt's Kevin James...need i say more? Now don't get me wrong, i love Kevin James and this movie was fun but were making honest film reviews right? Here comes the boom is a fun family film and it gets a 10/10 if thats what were basing it on, but if were basing it on a quality film and all then it gets a 5/10. Its obviously really cheesy and goofy etc. and obviously you know how its going to end from the start, it has a great message to it also. It's definitely inspiring but as a whole though i give it a 5/10 Expand
  3. Mar 1, 2013
    If it doesn't focus too much on James' antics, 'Here Comes the Boom' is at times a surprising poignant tale of a teacher, trying to save his school from being bankrupt. While the premise seems ridiculous at first, the film actually took traction in the second half, with MMA fight sequences that were realistic. Sure the pacing drag at times, but it's an entertaining diversion.
  4. Feb 4, 2013
    I liked it all the way to the end. The final 20 mins were so incredibly corny and stupid, It completely ruined the movie imo. Aside from that, It was ok. A few chuckles and laughs through out. Bas Rutten was suprisingly rather good in this movie and definently stole the show imo. Did not care for Salma Hayek at all though and felt that she was incredibly out of place in this movie. TheI liked it all the way to the end. The final 20 mins were so incredibly corny and stupid, It completely ruined the movie imo. Aside from that, It was ok. A few chuckles and laughs through out. Bas Rutten was suprisingly rather good in this movie and definently stole the show imo. Did not care for Salma Hayek at all though and felt that she was incredibly out of place in this movie. The rest of the cast did ok. Overall, If you can deal with a corny ending, It's worth giving a shot. Not as bad as critics say imo. Expand
  5. Jan 16, 2013
    It's like every other sports comedy out there, but I must admit Kevin James definitely kicks this move up a couple of points. I was surprisingly entertained throughout, but in the end it never really stuck with me like good movies should.
  6. Feb 20, 2013
    I don't get the negative reviews. Even as a non-UFC fan, I thought this was a very entertaining film and that all of the actors did a good job. It had its funny moments, but unlike many comedies, it really had a good plot and the focus was not entirely on the comedy. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but definitely better than the critics are giving credit for.
  7. May 18, 2013
    in the end the biggest problem with this movie is that its very predictable and stereotypical of a sports comedy with only difference being that's it about UFC fighting in instead of football,baseball or basketball and if that doesn't bother you this movie will make a fine family outing with a few good laughs
  8. Apr 4, 2013
    I was entertained while watching this movie, it was a good study break. If you expect too much from this movie you are going to be disappointed. The movie does the job it was created to do, entertain people and make them smile. Or course it could have been better but in the end it wasn't bad. It's just light and fun and something you don't have to think hard about. Sometimes you just need that.
  9. Jul 22, 2013
    Here Comes the Boom was an uplifting story. It expresses a powerful message to viewers. Kevin James was the right actor to play this role. He was good at showing off his passion for his school and his students. It wasn't the most amazing film, but I really enjoyed it. This is a great family film and I would recommend it.
  10. May 3, 2014
    With the same forces from the Adam Sandler films behind this, Here Comes the Boom is your typical filler comedy that contains a choppy plot and corny jokes. However, you feel a lot of the effort and soul that Kevin James put into his role, which makes it difficult to turn away from.
  11. Nov 13, 2014
    "Here Comes the Boom" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Good: Kevin James is usually likeable in his films, and that helps a lot in this movie. He is easy to root for, no matter how implausible the premise is. The cast as a whole was solid and engaging. Not bad entertainment-wise. The Bad: I would have preferred the ending that they were setting you up for instead of the ending
    "Here Comes the Boom" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Bad: I would have preferred the ending that they were setting you up for instead of the ending (which was not believable) that they went with. While it was not a bad film, there were not many laughs to be had. For a film billed as a comedy, that is a little disappointing.

1. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Nov 18, 2012
    Cue 105 painful minutes of a fat guy getting punched in the face and falling down.
  2. Reviewed by: Barbara VanDenburgh
    Oct 23, 2012
    Although it's not as bad as it could be, the film is still middle-of-the-road fare for comedy fans who are already firmly in James' corner, delivering the sort of brainless laughs that James is famous for. [18 Oct 2012]
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Oct 17, 2012
    "Here Comes the Bomb" would've been a more fitting title, but props to Henry Winkler for rising to the occasion and turning in a sweet, idealistic performance in a film that otherwise feels like a tawdry commercial for the UFC and MMA.