Open Road Films (II) | Release Date: August 22, 2012
6.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 54 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Tss5078Aug 3, 2014
Hit & Run is a wild ride that never should have worked, but surprisingly it does. The story doesn't appear to be deep or complicated, and just when you think they've come to the end, a whole other angle begins. The film is further helped by aHit & Run is a wild ride that never should have worked, but surprisingly it does. The story doesn't appear to be deep or complicated, and just when you think they've come to the end, a whole other angle begins. The film is further helped by a large cast and a whole bunch of interesting cameos, that help take it to another level. Charlie Bronson (Dax Shepard) is happy living in a small town with his girlfriend, Annie (Kristen Bell), but things are about to change. When Annie gets offered a job in L.A., Bronson must decide whether or not to go with her, which also means leaving the safety of the witness protection program. When a jealous ex learns of the plan, he finds out who Charlie really is, and thanks to Facebook, connects with the men he's hiding from, making the trip to L.A. a dash for safety, across California. Dax Shepard is not an actor I find to be very funny, but this was the first time I've seen him play a character as deep as Charlie Bronson, and he was terrific. He is being perused by Bradley Cooper of all people, who I did not see as someone who could play the bad guy. His good looks and charming personality, don't exactly lead one to believe he'd be believable as a bad guy, and while he wasn't the toughest bad guy I've ever seen, he does more than an adequate job. Hit & Run isn't an award winning film, it may not even be all that memorable, but it is extremely entertaining and an edge of your seat thriller ride. The perfect film for those who want to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. Expand
Meth-dudeMar 6, 2017
The story might not have been particularly original, the movie might have been a little bit too predictable and some jokes weren't that funny, but the acting was very good, the action scenes were well made and the movie was entertaining. HitThe story might not have been particularly original, the movie might have been a little bit too predictable and some jokes weren't that funny, but the acting was very good, the action scenes were well made and the movie was entertaining. Hit & Run is definitely an underrated movie. Expand
cameronmorewoodNov 13, 2012
Bell and Shepard are a real life couple and it's plenty obvious. They have great chemistry here in a very funny movie. Watch out for Tom Arnold as well. He's hilarious in this.
audreythomas25Jan 28, 2016
It's highly entertaining with cameos by several of the director's pals and pit stops for delivering sub-Tarantino dialogue.

Watch this film here for free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-29bba6-Hit-and-Run-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
Knicksfan7Aug 26, 2012
I don't care what anybody else says. I literally laughed my a$$ off in this movie. Maybe because i went into the theater with extremely low expectations but i definitely walked out extremely pleased. I laughed harder in this movie than i haveI don't care what anybody else says. I literally laughed my a$$ off in this movie. Maybe because i went into the theater with extremely low expectations but i definitely walked out extremely pleased. I laughed harder in this movie than i have in a very long time. Hit and Run has a perfect blend of action, comedy, car chases, and drama. I really do not understand all of the poor reviews. It certainly wasn't perfect all around, it had a couple plot holes, and it got kind of repetitive at certain points but overall though, there was laugh after laugh. Every actor/ actress was exceptional in this movie. I loved it and i think anybody who enjoys hilarious jokes with solid action will thoroughly Hit and Run. I certainly did, and i recommend this movie highly. 9/10 Expand
ProteusAug 25, 2012
Clever, funny action packed realistic romance and great chemistry between the leads. Really what more do you want? The dialogue is great especially in the first third of the movie then the action takes over. Highly recommended.
trevortalksNov 14, 2012
Really funny movie. I'd rank it with the Hangover. It's just one of those comedies that's gross funny, and really lovable at the same time.
BurbisAug 22, 2012
I think this movie works. There is good chemistry between the two leads, the story is plausible, and the supporting cast is good. The car chases are very good. good mix of funny and action sequences, more like Beverly Hills Cop, or 48 Hours.I think this movie works. There is good chemistry between the two leads, the story is plausible, and the supporting cast is good. The car chases are very good. good mix of funny and action sequences, more like Beverly Hills Cop, or 48 Hours. Don't listen to the reviews. Expand
madismJun 17, 2013
There are some really big laughs in this film, the best being the scene with the old swingers because it was so unexpected. Definitely a LMFAO moment. Laughs are aplenty in Hit & Run and the movie's strengths lie in the characters andThere are some really big laughs in this film, the best being the scene with the old swingers because it was so unexpected. Definitely a LMFAO moment. Laughs are aplenty in Hit & Run and the movie's strengths lie in the characters and dialogue as well as the chemistry between Kristin Bell and Dax Shephard.

I would also have loved to see this movie as a crime drama because of its plot and especially Bradley Cooper's Alex Dmitri. I thought his whole dog-loving criminal attitude was a breath of fresh air from the usual movie criminal personality.

That being said, my favorite character was Debbie, the MILF (at least she looks like one) that gets Annie the interview. She was great and hilarious. I also think Kristen Bell is an absolute star. Dax Shephard has a sort of commanding presence onscreen and and it's why I'd like to see him in something along the drama/thriller/psychological horror genre.

Some other notes: The scenery on the drive from Milton to LA was lovely and I thought it was a great idea by the moviemakers (you and your partner, I imagine) to film that one scene in the orange grove. Where were those road trip scenes? Central California Coast? Great scenery there.

My only criticism really is that I thought some of the violence was a little too violent for a comedy but that's just me. All in all, I thought it was a very funny & entertaining movie. I think the Shephard/Bell chemistry definitely comes across on screen and it'd be nice to see them in another movie together.