6.1

1. May 25, 2013
    Hit and Run is nothing more than a painful comedy, if you can call it that. The racist and homophobic jokes they try to use isn't just unfunny but completely desperate. The movie is absolute garbage from beginning to end.
  2. Mar 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I never thought I would give a movie a zero, but this stink bomb will be my first. The dialogue in this movie consisted of a bunch of race and gay jokes that missed the mark horribly. I don't mind controversial dialogue or comedy if done right, but these jokes come off as just mean. From the scene about jail rape where Dax Shephard goes through all the races to find the rapists nationality to putting a dog collar on a black man and treating him like a dog because he buys the wrong dog food this film sucks. I didn't care about any of the characters and to compare this to Tarantino like dialogue maybe the biggest joke in this movie. This is the worst movie of 2012. Expand
  3. Aug 26, 2012
    This movie is just plain dumb. I know they are all friends and made it to have fun, but they could have made a decent product. Anything remotely funny is in the trailers, and the rest of the movie is filled with racist and homophobic slurs. I'm an 18 year old college male and even I was offended and just bored. Skip it. In fact, RUN away (see what I did there? Cuz of the title...)
  4. Aug 24, 2012
    Huge disappointment. The film was advertised as the comedy hit of the summer, but I chuckled only twice and the rest of the audience seemed to have a similar reaction.
    And a small point. The film was rated R for graphic nudity. It should have been rated R for totally gratuitous, unattractive nudity
  5. Aug 24, 2012
    Krsiten Bell and Dax Shepard are a real-life couple, but none of their chemistry translates to the big screen. He's in the witness protection program, but leaves it to get her to LA for a job interview. Meanwhile, the crooks he betrayed (led by Bradley Cooper) get wind of his whereabouts and set out to get even. For an action comedy, this has neither. There's only one funny joke in theKrsiten Bell and Dax Shepard are a real-life couple, but none of their chemistry translates to the big screen. He's in the witness protection program, but leaves it to get her to LA for a job interview. Meanwhile, the crooks he betrayed (led by Bradley Cooper) get wind of his whereabouts and set out to get even. For an action comedy, this has neither. There's only one funny joke in the entire movie (thanks to a cameo from Jason Bateman) and the endless, manic driving is just fast & dull. Shepard wrote and co-directed, so he gets all the credit for this total dud. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Rick Groen
    Aug 23, 2012
    It's a rom-com, it's a road movie, it's "Cars" without the animation, it's "A History of Violence" played for yuks. It's all that and less because, really, Hit & Run is awfully hit & miss.
  2. Reviewed by: Lou Lumenick
    Aug 23, 2012
    Burt Reynolds and Sally Field they're not, but you could do worse for mindless late-summer entertainment than Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell in Hit & Run.
  3. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Aug 23, 2012
    Hit and Run works less as a film and more as a likable, semi-documentary romp among friends. The illusion of the drama may be gone, but it's been replaced by something more authentic and adorable. And we might be okay with that.