6.9

1. May 11, 2014
    As watching a movie about Alfred Hitchcock's Ideas and how he brought pyscho to the movie theatres and how he sees his ideas on the picture . Anthony hopkins is great at playing Hitchcock and so as Helen Mirren as the supporting , Jealous wife . This movie is amazing and a good movie .
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    Personally, I hate biographies, I watched because I wanted to know more about Alfred and his masterpieces, how he does it? I learned a lot about him, he was crazy about Psycho. As a movie it is entertaining and funny, and what makes it perfect, is the acting, Mirren and Hopkins are wonderful, with some great chemistry between them. I loved it is by far, one of the greatest biographies ever told, and it is one excellent movie. Expand
  3. May 5, 2013
    A good bio that doesn't bore the hell out of you, not it is funny and keeps you interesting the whole watch and it is appropriate for all ages to get to know one of the greatest directors of all time.
  4. Feb 18, 2013
    As he used to say- murder has come home, where it belongs" Alfred's Psycho was one of the best movies ever made and This movie tells us how Alfred actually made the movie. Now Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren were great in this film, Scarlet was good and others were nice too. The main thing I liked about this movie is that it has Details, details that good films need but they don't have! This Overall documentary is very good, not the fact that it has good cast and direction but the fact that its a meaningful movie! Collapse
  5. Dec 30, 2012
    What a wonderful movie! It may be rewriting history but it does it in such a beautiful way. If I was A.H. then I would have a thing for blondes too...
  6. Dec 26, 2012
    **** is easily one of the best films of the year. Hopkins and Mirren's performances were superb. If you pay any attention to the trailer you will know what it is about. A must see film of the year.
  7. Dec 25, 2012
    Anyone who can resist Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren at the top of their form is a better man than I. There are subplots during which the film tends to lose impact and focus, but it's not long before Hopkins and Mirren resume their master class in screen acting. Their eyes convey more than speech.
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    Great acting by Mirren and Hopkins .

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Feb 9, 2013
    A disappointing excursion into movie history.
  2. Reviewed by: Ian Nathan
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hitchcock for dummies: brisk, jolly, well-played but oversimplified.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hitchcock purists will certainly take issue with some details, but Gervasi's film shouldn't be taken as an ironclad factual film docudrama. Rather, it is fact-inspired fiction -- a film based on real events but one that isn't shy about taking creative liberties. As long as viewers keep that in mind, Gervasi's stands to be a nice bit of murderous fun.