Hollywood Homicide

8.7

1. SaerA.
    May 22, 2004
    When are they going to stop making cop-comedy movies dealing with 2 guys. Did I like it? Yeah, sort of in its own way. It had some comedy and action but when I compare it to Rush Hour and Bad Boys, it makes the movie look bad.
  2. MikeO.
    Jun 20, 2003
    Not too great cops riggs and murtagh, oops sorry wrong buddy cop movie. 2 good scenes the middle interogating and the last 20 min but thats not worth it. stay away from this movie.
  3. JeffreyL.S.
    Jun 15, 2003
    (**1/2) OK crime-caper/buddy movie & a bit of comedy as well. & for me, finest part of this, was setting in Tinsel-Town! Great locations,etc Inc. A SUBWAY-SYSTEM!? Hartnett though is a dullard. Ford though holds it together pretty-well. Not exactly one of his best, but ok & not "48 Hrs." either. Marginal thumbs-up!
  4. PhillipK.
    Jun 15, 2003
    Not as terrible as I expected, but not especially good either. There are enough comic moments that work, and manage to carry the film through, including many L.A. in-jokes (like cameos of real local news anchors chasing the chasers from their helicopters). The cop-buddy team of Hartnett and Ford are made slightly more interesting due to the part-time jobs they keep that keep interrupting Not as terrible as I expected, but not especially good either. There are enough comic moments that work, and manage to carry the film through, including many L.A. in-jokes (like cameos of real local news anchors chasing the chasers from their helicopters). The cop-buddy team of Hartnett and Ford are made slightly more interesting due to the part-time jobs they keep that keep interrupting their murder investigation. Harrison Ford always puts in a good effort even with average material, which this is...Josh Hartnett is sleepy throughout... Overall, just okay. Entertaining enough not to feel ripped off, but still quite forgettable. Not Lethal Weapon is this film... Expand
  5. JerryH.
    Jun 11, 2003
    This, unfortunately, is a pretty poor movie. The script is all over the place, dropping storylines every 10 minutes, allowing the audience to be ahead of the characters throughout the film and not supplying enough humor to distract. The final chase scene is endless and, again, not exciting enough to be endless. The bit parts are filled by known actors and what seems to be a steady stream This, unfortunately, is a pretty poor movie. The script is all over the place, dropping storylines every 10 minutes, allowing the audience to be ahead of the characters throughout the film and not supplying enough humor to distract. The final chase scene is endless and, again, not exciting enough to be endless. The bit parts are filled by known actors and what seems to be a steady stream of known rap stars, but few bring anything exciting to their roles save for Lena Olin, who, quite honestly, could just sit in a chair for half an hour and say nothing and still be worth watching. As for the stars, well, I don't know why Hartnett's even considered a star. He doesn't seem to have a whole lot to offer, and Harrison is solid and seems to be enjoying himself, especially when allowed to be funny and mock himself and his image -- again he makes most of the films he's in at least enjoyable (unless he tries to work an accent). And though I am a Shelton fan, he does seem to be slipping. A few inspired moments can't sustain this weak story. I wouldn't waste your time or money on this buddy cop film, even with Ford and Olin -- now there's an idea for a buddy cop film. Expand
  6. MikeyG.
    Jun 11, 2003
    I don't really know where to begin. This movie was really really funny. Several times it had you going, "You've got to be kidding me!" Let me explain: Lou Diamond Phillips as a cop in drag, Martin Landau as a producer with big glasses and a house to sell, Kurupt and Master P as hip hop underworld types, and Bob Wagner stealing the movie without uttering a word in dialogue. Add I don't really know where to begin. This movie was really really funny. Several times it had you going, "You've got to be kidding me!" Let me explain: Lou Diamond Phillips as a cop in drag, Martin Landau as a producer with big glasses and a house to sell, Kurupt and Master P as hip hop underworld types, and Bob Wagner stealing the movie without uttering a word in dialogue. Add to that Josh Hartnett as a yoga instructor/cop and Harrison Friggen' Ford as his realtor/cop partner and you've got a movie that's all over the place. Normally I would say this was a terrible movie and that no one should go see it. However, I am secretly hoping that the filmmakers decided to make the whole movie a spoof and an inside joke and made it this funny on purpose. Because if you look at it that way, this thing is genious! It really is. Just the casting alone. Oh, and Lena Olin is just so damn sexy. I don't know how old she is, but she is damn fine. Add all that up and I have to say people should see it. That is, of course, if you assume the filmmakers meant to do all this. Something tells me they didn't, which would be sad, so let's pretend they did. As long as you go into this knowing what to expect, you'll be fine. Expand

1. Ten minutes in, and the verdict is already clear: This is a flick that goes both ways. It's funny, then it's not; it's cooking, then it isn't; it's different, then it ain't.
  2. By the time it ended, I'd stopped caring. I suspect most moviegoers will do the same. Here's hoping Shelton scurries back to the athletic world in a hurry.
  3. A frustrating blend of the sharply funny and the ploddingly generic. Although he does them well enough, we don’t really need Ron Shelton to give us the same old skidding-U-turn cop-thriller theatrics. He’s a much more distinctive talent than this crass spree allows for.