Home of the Brave

6.6

1. JasonB.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Home of the Brave is overly dramatic, cliché, terribly casted and nihilistic with moments of unintentional zaniness. Unbelievable on every level. I started cleaning my living room 3/4 of the way through. If I had paid to see this I would be even more upset.
  2. CarmenS.
    Dec 9, 2006
    Don't expect too much war scenes in this movie. This movie look at the effects on our Iraq veterans from the "hearts" perspective. Good movie. It makes you realize what they gone through or going through.
  3. NeilK
    Dec 7, 2006
    Sort of a mix between the VASTLY superior "Best Years of Our Lives" and an "ABC After School Special." It was OK... a film that may well be appreciated by the veterans of the Iraqi War and their families. Otherwise, SKIP IT. It just goes to show that if you have an Oscar, you can get an inexpensive film made... even with an obviously flawed and fixable script.

1. Timeliness is all very well, but the significant subject matter cries out for a defter directorial touch and a deeper complexity in regard to the characters and performances.
  2. Reviewed by: Nathan Lee
    As sincere as a three-legged puppy.
  3. Evenness of political keel, combined with a generic filmmaking style, is an artistic weapon way too puny for a successful assault on so tough, bruising, and crucial a subject.