Universal Pictures | Release Date: December 5, 2003
6.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 26 Ratings
Watch Now
SeyfiaOct 13, 2014
The scenario is far from being the greatest of all, that's true. But the movie is really agreable and entertaining. Jessica Alba gives some warmth to this movie. Without her, no doubt it would have been very bad.
MrCinnamonJun 30, 2011
A battering ram of cliches, bad acting, dancing that doesn't fit the music and tedious, tedious predictability. A waste of your money, time and your intelligence.
AlyssaAug 4, 2006
HONEY was the best dance movie of the year!! It not only brought a new light to the way hip-hop is expressed but, for the first time in a long time a movie finally expressed views based on dreams that all age groups can appreciate and maybe HONEY was the best dance movie of the year!! It not only brought a new light to the way hip-hop is expressed but, for the first time in a long time a movie finally expressed views based on dreams that all age groups can appreciate and maybe one day live up to!! The many people who have watched this movie believe that it is fit for any and all ages along with the fact that it is a perfect family movie!! What parent wouldn't want their kids to watch a show that portrays a woman, no less, dreaming of something so big that it almost seemed impossible, and then it happened her dreams came true!!! In order to believe in your dreams you have to believe in yourself that one day you can accomplish those dreams!! This is a great movie that expresses and teaches the true morality of life and all the hardships that so many have to face!! It is the best movie in years!! It should be awarded with all the gratitude and love that we can give!!! Expand
hefzic.Dec 30, 2005
This move is the of the hook well ya i just had to say that!!! i hope i could learn how to dance like that well bye!!!
CamiT.Jan 8, 2006
I think that this is a great moive. i wish i could dance like that. i wish that kids did something like that, now!
ZiftKOct 28, 2006
Wow, some actually like this garbage. Lackluster acting, story's really bad, I'd rather play around with a bunch of rocks. Jessica Alba looked nice, and that's by far the only good part about the movie. So, this 2 is because Wow, some actually like this garbage. Lackluster acting, story's really bad, I'd rather play around with a bunch of rocks. Jessica Alba looked nice, and that's by far the only good part about the movie. So, this 2 is because of Alba's looks, because she looked good. Sadly to say, that's not even good enough to save this abysmal movie. Some, do like it, but anyone that feels like watching a GOOD movie, I advice you skip this one and go for something better. Plus, who wants to see that Romeo guy act, let alone dance? Expand
Shawnee.GDec 31, 2005
This movie is so inspiring to me . i always loved dancing but now im making up my own dances with help from the video. Just my kinda style.
LeZeeJun 14, 2016
How simple, charming dance flick it is.

How simple, charming dance flick it is.

One of the first films in the revolution of modern dance flicks, though I know I saw it too late. Nowadays there are many films are coming out since the younger generation showing very interest in the dance. I especially don't know how 'Step Up' made a successful franchise, but the sixth is on the way.

Honey is a main character's name played by Jessica Alba. A passionate dance, choreographer, when her dream coming to true that hits a roadblock for some reason followed by other issues. So now she has to come up with a solution to solve all the problems and that's the film tells how she overcomes them all at once.

A simple story, even the choreography was ordinary, but not a bad film. I anticipated Alba to give a show that not to forget for the decades. This is now obviously a decade old flick and disappointed with her character, especially with her dance moves. But young Alba in a sexy pose on the poster, no one can just ignore it from watching.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Since I'm watching it delayed, I should not compare it to the present scenario. Even though it has been only 13 years, in which all the fields rapidly advanced, so the dance. I suggest you just go for it with an empty mind if you want to see it. Soon I'm going to catch up with its sequel, but I know it won't be as decent as this one.