6.8

1. JasonE.
    Jan 16, 2006
    Good grief, some people really need to lighten up. Maybe it helped that I was with my friends and it was late at night, but we laughed almost the whole time. Well, not the beginning. The beginning sucked, in fact we were about ready to walk out, but as soon as the wolf and the squirrel showed up it was excellent from there. Note: do not try and enjoy this movie by its animation quality or Good grief, some people really need to lighten up. Maybe it helped that I was with my friends and it was late at night, but we laughed almost the whole time. Well, not the beginning. The beginning sucked, in fact we were about ready to walk out, but as soon as the wolf and the squirrel showed up it was excellent from there. Note: do not try and enjoy this movie by its animation quality or sophisticated storyline. It has neither. It's just funny. Expand
  2. SheriA
    Jan 7, 2007
    In our house, we have two ratings for kids films: worth buying on DVD, and not worth buying on DVD. Hoodwinked is definitely worth buying on DVD. It's a movie you can watch over and over and still find new things that make you laugh. The wolf and Twitchy the squirrel are a riot. (The DVD extras with them are also great.) We're looking forward to Hoodwinked 2.
  3. Pete
    May 5, 2006
    Can't believe so many people are panning this film for poor animation. Looks pretty awesome to me, especially compared to some of the kids cartoons out today. The movie has some incredibly laugh out loud scenes as well. I think the success at the box office and rental store says it all.
  4. BenH.
    Jun 13, 2006
    i work at a movie theater and am part time screen writer at UCF. I was originally going to go see tristen and isolde but it was sold out and all the other movies looked horrible, so my friend convinced me to see this one, and i said i was leaving if i didnt like it. i stayed through the entire thing and got a good luagh out of it too. it was a great comical twist and adaptation of all the i work at a movie theater and am part time screen writer at UCF. I was originally going to go see tristen and isolde but it was sold out and all the other movies looked horrible, so my friend convinced me to see this one, and i said i was leaving if i didnt like it. i stayed through the entire thing and got a good luagh out of it too. it was a great comical twist and adaptation of all the characters. and as for the guy at the very bottom, i could take a crap in a bag and put a jingle to it and it would be a better movie then the corpses bride. Collapse
  5. Thomas
    Feb 10, 2006
    Innocuous and amusing, this certainly fits the bill for harmless film fare. Those viewers incapable of overlooking animation that isn't groundbreaking (ah, you jaded souls...you ADD sufferers ought not see this, but instead stay home and pop Ritalin like candy) would be well-advised to stay home. Those looking for humorous, diversionary, inoffensive entertainment---perhaps a bit Innocuous and amusing, this certainly fits the bill for harmless film fare. Those viewers incapable of overlooking animation that isn't groundbreaking (ah, you jaded souls...you ADD sufferers ought not see this, but instead stay home and pop Ritalin like candy) would be well-advised to stay home. Those looking for humorous, diversionary, inoffensive entertainment---perhaps a bit fluffy, but it's animated---will find this much to their liking. "Brokeback Mountain" this ain't. That's a bloody good thing, too. Expand
  6. JakeH.
    Feb 2, 2006
    It was hilarious I laughed my head off especially twitchy the hyper active squirrel. People are just saying that cause they have no child side or sense of humor.
  7. E.Garcia
    Jan 16, 2006
    We loved it. My kids, my wife and I laughed throughout the movie. The story was clever and there were no annoying characters. The animation was weak at best but the story, the voices and the fact that it was short kept my families attention. The kids were already asking about the DVD release.
  8. DavidM.
    May 18, 2006
    Nay sayers say what you want. I dropped $20 to buy the DVD of the movie, something rarely done.
  9. Oct 22, 2010
    this is definitely an awesome CGI hit.
  10. CRL
    Aug 27, 2011
    Wow... some people take life way too seriously. This movie had great voice acting and every scene was hilarious with its 'behind-the-scenes' look at Red Riding Hood. So many great lines, so many funny characters, and a little twist at the end that will leave you shaking your head and saying 'I should have seen that coming...'
  11. Oct 10, 2014
    Deu a Louca na Chapeuzinho é uma animação marcante, com vários pontos excelentes. Ele é outro filme que marcou minha infância, porque ele é muito divertido.

1. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    With its chatty, overstuffed patter, Hoodwinked strains at the seams to look with it, like one of those dressed-alike Beverly Hills mother-daughter combos. Having said all that, the songs (yes, there are songs, too), mostly written by Todd Edwards, provide an unexpected bright spot.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Little Red Riding Hood gets a cheeky CGI makeover in Hoodwinked!, a fast-paced, fitfully clever 3-D-animated feature that will entertain tykes.
  3. Hoodwinked occupies some considerably shaky turf situated uncomfortably between "Shrek" and dreck.