6.6

1. Aug 10, 2012
    Despite the overly loud, and somewhat hokey soundtrack, this movie is so much more than I expected. I knew that it would be cute, charming, and with Ms. Streep in it, well-acted. But, it really is a relationship movie for adults that quite honestly addresses the realities of marriage/adult intimacy. This movie is a reminder to anyone who has been married for even a few years that lifeDespite the overly loud, and somewhat hokey soundtrack, this movie is so much more than I expected. I knew that it would be cute, charming, and with Ms. Streep in it, well-acted. But, it really is a relationship movie for adults that quite honestly addresses the realities of marriage/adult intimacy. This movie is a reminder to anyone who has been married for even a few years that life is too short for complacency. Ms. Streep (as always) is phenomenal, and Mr. Jones is funny and surprisingly natural as her accountant-husband of 31 years. I expected pure formula, but the movie delivers so much more! If you've been married more than 5 years and you are older than 40 this is a must-see! Singles and youngsters may still enjoy the wit and honesty that the story and actors deliver. Expand
  2. Sep 17, 2012
    What a brilliant Film i am not sure which one of the three main stars you would say steels the show they are all equally as good as each other and play there parts excellently there are some very funny bits but I would not necessarily call it a typical comedy if you like The Best Marigold Hotel and Beginners you will love this if not keep away its not for you.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    Having been exactly where the main characters come from in this movie, let me say that the screenwriter is dead on. The pain of being in love without being able to love your spouse is indescribable, and the appalling inertia that sets in and prevents a couple from coming back to that place in life where being together was a total celebration of life is captured well in this movie. TheHaving been exactly where the main characters come from in this movie, let me say that the screenwriter is dead on. The pain of being in love without being able to love your spouse is indescribable, and the appalling inertia that sets in and prevents a couple from coming back to that place in life where being together was a total celebration of life is captured well in this movie. The people who are dissing this film are being dishonest with themselves, to their own detriment.

If your marriage is like the Soames's, don't give up! Get help, the pain of getting back what you've lost is excruciating, but exponentially less than giving up.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Sep 16, 2012
    As the couple try to rekindle the bedroom flame the note of cutesy comedy kicks in and the movie gets phonier and phonier.
  2. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    Sep 10, 2012
    Very funny, it's also penetrating on the ravages of time on love and marriage and sweetly touching, but with abundantly incongruous randy content to heartily amuse.
  3. Reviewed by: Ellen E. Jones
    Sep 1, 2012
    Fine turns from Streep and Jones bedrock this compassionate, quietly subversive drama.