7.2

1. Jul 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than the Hangover in the way that it's going to be far more re-watchable, and I doubt it will have an almost identical sequel which has a third of the funny parts and really should have been called a remake. Jason Bateman and Charlie Day rule while Spacey and Aniston(surprisingly Aniston honestly)really bring it home. The guy from SNL wasn't bad but really reminded me of Ed Helms only Day has the more frantic parts. Both Bateman and Spacey are so brilliant with how deadpan they are... which makes Day's frantic, hilarious character that's quite similar to Charlie on It's Always Sunny but a tad smarter and not the raging drunk that that character is. He had the funniest running joke about being a registered sex offender... Expand
  2. Jul 10, 2011
    Wow, this movie was great, it deserves every positive review it receives, a 57 is way too low for this film. It is highly underrated by critics. This is what i was looking for in the hangover part 2, a laugh. I laughed countless times throughout this movie. It was fregen hilarious, the acting was great, the comedy was outstanding and the casting for this film was perfect. Jason Bateman,Wow, this movie was great, it deserves every positive review it receives, a 57 is way too low for this film. It is highly underrated by critics. This is what i was looking for in the hangover part 2, a laugh. I laughed countless times throughout this movie. It was fregen hilarious, the acting was great, the comedy was outstanding and the casting for this film was perfect. Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, and Jason sudekis were hilarious and perfectly casted for this film. I believe they stole the summer, this was the hangover of 2011. The comedy was nonstop. Everybody should go see this film, whether for a laugh, for a cheering up, or just to go see a good movie, you must see this. You wont be disappointed, 10/10 definitely! Expand
  3. Jul 15, 2011
    This movie was SUPER funny. The only reason it did not get a 10 is because it could have been a tad bit longer. It was very entertaining and could have been stretched out a little bit more. Other than that movie was Awesome and well cast. Every actor was perfect for their role, especially Charlie Day. Jennifer Aniston was WOW! and has never looked so good. Although Jaime Foxx's parts wereThis movie was SUPER funny. The only reason it did not get a 10 is because it could have been a tad bit longer. It was very entertaining and could have been stretched out a little bit more. Other than that movie was Awesome and well cast. Every actor was perfect for their role, especially Charlie Day. Jennifer Aniston was WOW! and has never looked so good. Although Jaime Foxx's parts were short they were hilarious. Jason Bateman is a great actor and I hope to see more of him in future roles. Jason Sudeikis was funnier than I thought he would be. Also Kevin Spacey is bad ass as a bad guy and Collin Ferrel play a good crack head. Expand
  4. Jul 10, 2011
    Be cautious of reviews that seem overly critical, this movie is Hilarious! My wife and I as well as most of the audience laughed out load throughout this movie. I have not laughed this much since the Hangover and I really enjoyed this movie more. The boss's are all Horrible although most men would wish their boss was Jennifer Aniston, she was great. The three main characters were greatBe cautious of reviews that seem overly critical, this movie is Hilarious! My wife and I as well as most of the audience laughed out load throughout this movie. I have not laughed this much since the Hangover and I really enjoyed this movie more. The boss's are all Horrible although most men would wish their boss was Jennifer Aniston, she was great. The three main characters were great and their chemistry worked very, great supporting actors like Jamie Foxx (he was a riot) as the "hitman", Kevin Spacey as the worst boss ever were terrific also. If not for a few brief jokes that did not work I would give this movie a 10. Unlike some of the reviews that I read I would rate this movie higher than Wedding Crashers and on par with the Hangover. If your main reason to go see a comedy is to hae an good time and to laugh ALOT then you wil love this movie. Most of the scenes with Jennifer Aniston were gut busters! A fun time for sure, I may have to see it again! Expand
  5. Aug 12, 2011
    This movie had me laughing from beginning to end! I even saw it twice to make sure it was that funny and i still laughed my butt off!Loved all the characters everyone is hilarious especially Charlie Day.Overall this is the funniest movie i have seen all summer(and i watch a lot of movies) and one of the top films of the year!!!
  6. Sep 25, 2011
    the movie is very good, because it has a great story and of course a great cast, this film is also an excellent and entertaining comedy that makes atentatos everyone is thrilled with the film
  7. Oct 3, 2011
    It wasn't what I expected, but it WAS funny. The plot was pretty solid, and the acting in it was pretty great. Some parts were better than others, but overall, it was a pretty good movie. I'd defiantly go and see it again.
  8. Dec 23, 2012
    This movie is original, entertaining and has a very good argument. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
  9. Jul 10, 2011
    The movie was a solid 8, with a fun story line, great casting, plenty of laughs all the way through, and the additional scenes I've never seen in a movie, until this one, in the out-takes during the credits, make this a 9. It is vulgar, sexual and gross, but a good film for those who are not prudes.
  10. Jul 26, 2011
    Horrible bosses was quite a great movie. It did remind me of hangover but only the first one. I hope Horrible Bosses 2 is not a flop. This movie had a lot of interesting timeless jokes. By timeless I mean jokes that stand with the test of time with memorable part being Dale singing a song doing the hilarious seat thing. The issues with the bosses were seemingly real and I could personallyHorrible bosses was quite a great movie. It did remind me of hangover but only the first one. I hope Horrible Bosses 2 is not a flop. This movie had a lot of interesting timeless jokes. By timeless I mean jokes that stand with the test of time with memorable part being Dale singing a song doing the hilarious seat thing. The issues with the bosses were seemingly real and I could personally relate to 2 of them. The people chosen for the movie where not expected to act in such ways - Aniston and Colin Farrel. All in all we laughed the entire way through and the jokes where not all stupid sexual one's that most comedy films end up stooping to. Expand
  11. Feb 15, 2013
    Absolutely hilarious and one of the best comedy's I've seen in a long time. Excellent writing and acting. It will have you rolling. Highly recommended.
  12. Jul 12, 2011
    As long as you see this before hype kills it, its worth every dime....every character has a good part, and its nice to see J. Aniston with a dirty mouth. She kills it. Really, everyone did well considering the story is fairly see-through.
  13. Jul 31, 2011
    The best comedy movie i watch in months, maybe years. My god, i LOL-ed many times throughout the movie. Great acting from the 3 guys. Astounding. A must watch. 4.5 stars
  14. Oct 18, 2011
    A more realistic version, (and this year's) Hangover. Absolutely hilarious and pitch perfect. Great cast, great script great time. My favourite comedy of 2011.
  15. Jan 12, 2012
    This film is like marmite. You either love it or hate it. I personally loved the movie and I think, wait I KNOW that this movie was funnier than Hangover. I think the reason why people hate it is because the themes of the movie such as sex, vulgar etc are too specific towards a certain target audience but I lie said this film was kick-ass really funny, the characters were interesting andThis film is like marmite. You either love it or hate it. I personally loved the movie and I think, wait I KNOW that this movie was funnier than Hangover. I think the reason why people hate it is because the themes of the movie such as sex, vulgar etc are too specific towards a certain target audience but I lie said this film was kick-ass really funny, the characters were interesting and easy to relate to. I think that people that enjoyed Hangover will like this film too. Expand
  16. Jul 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best comedy movies ever since "the hangover" with a great performances of jennifer aniston,colin farrell and charlie day.

A great movie to see with your friends
  17. Jul 15, 2011
    Much funnier than Hangover, in my opinion, but I also think Hangover was WAY overrated.

Pretty much the entire movie is funny.

Don't agree with the person who said the movie was too short; it was just the right length.

Our movie theater was filled, and everyone seemed to enjoy the movie.
  18. Jul 24, 2011
    LMAO for most of this well paced movie. JA was super hot and a refreshingly new role for her and the boys were hilarious. Most of the negative reviewers tend to over think analyze comedies in general instead of just enjoying the ride.
  19. Jul 28, 2011
    This is one of the funniest, not to mention bizarre, films I've seen in a very long time. The whole audience was belly-laughing. The acting was incredible. We couldn't stop talking about it after it was over. A MUST SEE!!!
  20. Sep 3, 2011
    I liked this movie, it started off a little slow, but sped up and was funny as all get out! The actors were all good, Kevin Spacey is the ultimate SOB, I highly recommend it.
  21. Oct 24, 2011
    A great comedy. Finally a comedy that actually can make people laugh. I mainly only saw it because it didn't have Seth Rogan as the lead. It was miles above The Hangover.
  22. Nov 18, 2011
    A hilarious comedy. Metascore is totally off on this one. It is a great comedy film, and well, yeah, bit of an action and plot things and whatnot. Yeaaaah, pretty f---ing good movie.
  23. Jan 19, 2013
    This is one of the funniest movies ever! each and every one of the charecters is amazing in their own right: the three bosses are HILARIOUS, and each of the boys has their own comical charecteristic.
  24. May 31, 2014
    I don't know why, but I get a real kick out of this movie. I've literally watched this movie a million times and it never gets old. I guess I can easily say that this movie has really grown on me. The humor hits me hard with its great combination of slapstick comedy and relate able scenarios. For me, it's just one of those comedies that holds a special place in my heart that I neverI don't know why, but I get a real kick out of this movie. I've literally watched this movie a million times and it never gets old. I guess I can easily say that this movie has really grown on me. The humor hits me hard with its great combination of slapstick comedy and relate able scenarios. For me, it's just one of those comedies that holds a special place in my heart that I never thought would be possible. If you haven't seen this movie, you really should. You may not love it as much as I do, but you'll still get some great laughs. Either way, I give this funny film my highest rating of an A+! Expand
  25. Jun 2, 2013
    This movie was far better than I expected. Charlie Days part in this movie was awesome. It is funny, disturbing and sometimes just cool. The story is innovative and also breathtaking.
    The best scenes are those with Charlie in it. When you like Always Sunny in Philadelphia you will love this movie.
  26. Nov 23, 2014
    I really must say it took me awhile to see this but wow oh wow it was one of the wildest and fall down funniest movies I have seen in awhile I say if u are in a good mood to kill your boss as these guys were don't see it It will only make it worse but I must admit to this I laughed out loud several times and had a wonderful time with the boys "these guys " I say see it for a good comedy II really must say it took me awhile to see this but wow oh wow it was one of the wildest and fall down funniest movies I have seen in awhile I say if u are in a good mood to kill your boss as these guys were don't see it It will only make it worse but I must admit to this I laughed out loud several times and had a wonderful time with the boys "these guys " I say see it for a good comedy I can't wait till thanksgiving to see the second part of it happy watching oh yea word of advice teens and parents please watch separately due to a ton of swearing and unconfertable moments for both Expand

1. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Jul 22, 2011
    These bosses cannot justify either murder or lasting comic memories, fatally compromising a farce that could have been great but ends up merely mediocre.
  2. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Jul 11, 2011
    For something like Horrible Bosses to sparkle, the actors have to shine... and shine they do.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Jul 8, 2011
    The coarseness wouldn't be so bad if at least the steady stream of obscenities were funny.