Horsemen

6.7

1. YY
    Aug 9, 2009
    Average movie, but fail short to be entertaining. The ending became predictable halfway through the movie. If you want a good crime drama with religious tie ins, please, just watch se7en. se7en is similar, with superior acting, and superior story development.
  2. VenahC.
    Jun 25, 2009
    This movie is very entertaining and has some deep, interesting plot twists. The characters though are pretty shallow (especially the detective, you don't learn a lot of things about him) Nevertheless, if you and your friends have the opportunity to see this flick in a cinema theatre, don't miss it!
  3. ?ukaszS.
    Jul 3, 2009
    Dennis Quaid gives a good performance in this average thriller. The pacing is very uneven and the story is moderately interesting. Not bad. Good score.
  4. WistonD.
    Jul 27, 2009
    In my opinion the worst is the end of the film, but the film in general is entertaining.
  5. Lisa
    Jul 30, 2009
    WTF? Can anyone tell me what this was about? And why was Dennis Quaid frowning throughout the entire picture? Who hung up those people on the hooks? Just absolutely makes no sense at any time. Why did the woman from "Memoirs of a Geisha" cut out the fetus of her foster mother? Because of the same doctor? I mean, really, WTF?
  6. R.L.
    Jul 15, 2009
    The Horsemen is not a perfect film, and to tell you the truth it doesn't pretend to be. No the horsemen sets out to break no new grounds but it does succeed in giving us a good twist on the serial Killer genre. Dennis Quaid( who I thought was excellent.) stars as a detective who has recently lost his wife and has distant himself from his son. Now he has been tasked with finding and The Horsemen is not a perfect film, and to tell you the truth it doesn't pretend to be. No the horsemen sets out to break no new grounds but it does succeed in giving us a good twist on the serial Killer genre. Dennis Quaid( who I thought was excellent.) stars as a detective who has recently lost his wife and has distant himself from his son. Now he has been tasked with finding and bringing to justice a group of killers who dub themselves the Four horsemen. This film follows a winding and very twisted path of murder and deception that make this film such a thrill to watch. This movie is not what you expect,you get a very well made and well plotted Psychological horror thriller that's sure to blow you away. This film doesn't follow protocol it creates a new one with the use of Revelation 6 form the bible, the verse that tells of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, and that's the thing that makes this film so appealing It draws you into a dark and surreal world that is shrouded in mystery and despair and that's why the film succeeds. Dennis Quaid turns in another great performance as the emotionally distant cop who has to track these psycho's down and I think he did very well here with the presence of a terrible supporting cast and some very bad acting on there part this film makes Quaid look very, very good. And the funny thing is, he is! This movie is great for a rainy day or when you feel in the mood for watching some good horror. But all in all the Horsemen is not a bad film, not a great one but not bad at that.this film delivers one awesome movie experience. Expand
  7. AldenS.
    May 18, 2009
    Solid Seven-like reli-thriller with an unfortunatelly weak ending. Great camerawork an a solid lead by dennis quaid. Lots of blood for the horror fans.
  8. Dec 26, 2012
    Uneven pace, Predictable, and poor writing definently hurt this movie. However, The solid acting by the cast as well as a few interesting moments through out make up for it in some ways. It's not that bad of a movie imo, I've seen far worst. It was a good premise ruined by poor writing.
  9. Mar 13, 2014
    While the movie revolves around an interesting plot it is filled with really bad dialogue, bad acting and twists executed in really dull ways.
    It starts out pretty neat and you get a sense of "this movie tries to be another Seven" and then you see it falling flat on its face. What really astounds me is how they could write such a bad script. Someone at some point should have figured how dull it is. Maybe it's also just the production team that failed to execute it properly

All in all it's a neat movie for a sunday afternoon when you want something to go into hibernation mode but that's about it.

There are no critic reviews yet.