8.0

1. EvanO.
    Apr 6, 2008
    I went into this movie thinking that it would would be one of those surprisingly funny Pixar movies, along the lines of Ratatouille or Bee Movie, but this movie was just not funny. I expected with Carell(the Office is great) and Carrey, it would have some good jokes. But there were maybe 3 times in the entire movie that I laughed out loud. That's not very good. The plot was alright , I went into this movie thinking that it would would be one of those surprisingly funny Pixar movies, along the lines of Ratatouille or Bee Movie, but this movie was just not funny. I expected with Carell(the Office is great) and Carrey, it would have some good jokes. But there were maybe 3 times in the entire movie that I laughed out loud. That's not very good. The plot was alright , and the moral was fine(Now that would have been hard to blow!), but overall, just a wasted opportunity. Expand
  2. F86S.
    Mar 22, 2008
    that movie is the worst movie i have ever seen. it was the only movie in my life that made me hungry. i rate it a 0 because i think that Ratatouille, which is all about food is better.
  3. IanB.
    Apr 6, 2008
    Boring ans way too sappy.
  4. Dec 29, 2013
    It was a pretty entertaining movie, but completely untrue to the book. There's nothing I hate more than when these adaptions make up lines from some non-existent Dr. Seuss book. They could've stayed true to the original story but chose to improvise and make everything a horrible mess, and for that I give this movie a big, fat 0.

1. A delight, brimming with colorful, elastic characters and bountiful wit.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    The real stars of the movie are the animators, who imbue even the overgrowth in Horton's jungle with a certain floppy Seuss-ishness.
    Horton Hears a Who! has blessedly been conceived and executed in reverence to Seuss's story, padding out the original narrative with some meaningful new ideas and casting a mercifully muzzled Jim Carrey as the titular beast.