8.6

1. Sep 10, 2014
    This has to be the best buddy cop film every created. But is that a surprise? You have Pegg and Wright pulling the strings on the film. Nothing but pure entertainment.
  2. Apr 19, 2014
    The trio Wright/Pegg/Frost are again in the best comedy/action movie of the year!There is a lot of action and the humour is really funny, i enjoyed the movie from the first minute to the last.
  3. Jan 20, 2014
    This film is a "Midsomer Murder" to the ultimate extreme. The execution, effects and ideas are out of this World amazing. The references to American television and film culture in a quiet English village is a true testament to how 'meta' the film world has become.
  4. Jan 9, 2014
    A hilarious parody of the buddy-cop comedy with elaborate camerawork, ludicrous and ridiculous yet witty dialogue, and yet again brilliant writing by Pegg and Wright, who always can turn a known American genre into a comedic screwball satire.
  5. Dec 17, 2013
    This movie is a funny, action comedy, Starring Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, based on funny hilarious cops, there are some very nice laughs and tense action scenes it also has a great plot and script, overall I would give a 9/10 for this movie.
  6. Nov 29, 2013
    This movie is much more funny than Shaun of the Dead, and has a much better story with just as good if not better acting. It even executed the story almost perfectly.
  7. Oct 22, 2013
    The second part of the "Cornetto trilogy" which belongs to writers Edgar Wright (also director) and Simon Pegg takes a more in your face approach to parody than Shaun of the Dead did with its zombie theme, this outing, 'Hot Fuzz', focuses on Nicholas Angel, played by Pegg, who has quite the immaculate record working in London as the city's finest police officer, he wipes the floor clean single-handedly which is how the film sets itself up, he's being kicked out to the country for making the rest of the city officers look bad. His first night out in his new country village of Sandford consists of cleaning out a pub full of underage drinkers and escorting a drunken man to the station, which turns out to be his new partner, Danny (Nick Frost). Danny is the cop who wants to see all the explosions and take part in car chases, but Sergeant Angel is the one who has experienced it and now must adjust to life in this quiet and slow moving way of life, which turns out isn't so quiet after all.
    Angel begins to notice patterns in a series of gruesome 'accidents', yet the attitude of his colleagues remains playful while they munch out on cookies and cake, the sharp wit returns from 'Shaun', with even a few of the same lines carrying over to bridge the films together for those following them, we also have the heightened tension of the film style which applies to anything, whether pouring pint or an intense gunfight, it takes all the best and cheesiest elements of classic cop films of the 80s and throws them all into the one pot, sometimes it feels like too much, but it's still better than 'Shaun', taking a different approach and involving many more characters, including the perfectly cunning Timothy Dalton as a supermarket owner, Jim Broadbent as the likeable Inspector Frank, also father to Danny, the two Andy's, played by Paddy Considine and Rafe Spall with Bill Bailey also making a comical appearance. The film offers up all the side-splitting comedy that the first of the variety trilogy offered, but it goes a step further with taking various characters and introducing them to new ways of life, even offering up a finale that was much more fun and thrilling than many of the films it is sending up. Pegg and Frost continue to be a dynamic pairing onscreen with the help of an ensemble cast, this is a simple story which is proven by Angel coming up with a complex idea as to why these grisly occurrences have happened when in actual fact, it was simpler than he thought, funny, dark but also thrilling with excellent performances that mirror a finely tuned and humorous script that will sit nicely sit firmly as a classic amongst UK audiences.
  8. Sep 30, 2013
    Witty and hilarious with a nice dose of action What more do you need in a movie? Nick Frost and Simon Pegg are brilliant together and this movie is a riot from start to end.
  9. Sep 28, 2013
    Hot Fuzz is brilliantly written. It has an amazing storyline and some great characters. The 2nd in the Cornetto Trilogy, Hot Fuzz is an instant classic. The ending is fantastic, and satisfyingly anticlimactic. Loved this movie.
  10. Sep 3, 2013
    One of the best comedy ever. A landmark for Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. This movie definitely defined them. Hope they make more of this sort.
    The cast is good. The acting is almost there. And over all Hilarious.
  11. Sep 2, 2013
    This is my very favourite film ever. I think I've watched it 6 times and I still discovered little funny details I hadn't spotted the 5 previous times. Hot fuzz is absolutely brilliant, as by the story it relates than by the background or the characters or the references to other films or the actors... I think we can compare watching this film to eating a huge chocolate egg which contains big chocolate eggs which themselves contain other chocolate eggs etc... We don't know when finding new tiny eggs will stop Expand
  12. Aug 28, 2013
    One of the best British film ever made! That's it. Spread the word! The script is brilliant, every word count, the acting is brilliant, every character is relevant. But.... just stop right here and watch this masterpiece right now. The story may seem slow within the first half hour, but the entire plot became soon extremely satisfying.
  13. Aug 22, 2013
    I really liked Hot Fuzz it's got action, gore and comedy I also liked the acting from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost and all the other cast involved in this awesome movie, great directing by Edgar Wright I think he's the best British director
  14. Aug 10, 2013
    An epic, bloody and hilarious satire than is both well-made and extremely clever along with the film also being constantly entertaining. Hot Fuzz is plenty of fun and will please both action and comedy fans.
  15. Jul 27, 2013
    Hot Fuzz is, without any doubt, the best comedic buddy cop film ever made. It strategically places golden nuggets throughout that are referenced over and over again throughout the movie. It can be watched countless times and still present new jokes to the viewer. It is written to an unbelievably polished level, the editing is sharp, the directing is fantastic, and the acting of the entire ensemble is absolutely unbelievable. Pegg, Frost, and Wright are masterminds. They proved it firstly in Shaun of the Dead and they continued that tradition with this brilliant film. It is crude yet sophisticated, simple yet complicated, funny yet heartbreaking, but most importantly comedy film making at its absolute finest. A must see. Expand
  16. Jul 26, 2013
    The brilliant chemistry of Pegg and Frost is once again tied together by the great writing and directing of Edgar Wright. Once again Wright makes a film that is a perfect blend of two film styles. It is both a perfect Comedy and perfect Action film.
  17. May 31, 2013
    Just as good or better than Shaun of the Dead
  18. Feb 7, 2013
    A fantastic British movie on par with Shaun of the dead. The film is hilarious with great performances from Pegg and Frost and the other side characters. The story is great with a fantastic twists and some pretty gory scenes. Also near the end of the movie it becomes a balls out parody of over the top cop movies with an hilarious twist. Overall a really good time!
  19. Nov 24, 2012
    I never actually intended to see this film, mistaking the title for "Hot Shots". Finally, there was nothing on TV, except one channel (Comedy Central) showing this. I decided to give it a whirl (not realizing that it starred Pegg and Frost). Once I'd realized my mistake, I stuck with it and feel I was well rewarded. The Pegg/Angel character, in a complete turn-around from Pegg's role in "Shaun of the Dead", is a real go-getter. There's trouble...and he's itching to solve the crime. In this case, it's a series of "accidents" which have been resulting in the deaths of several people in a quiet little village. Angel, who's been transferred from London, plays things by-the-book, and soon suspects there's a link between those "accidents". The interplay between Angel and Frost/Butterman is outstanding, much like their teamwork in "Shaun...Dead". This is the second in the Pegg & Frost "Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy", and hopefully they can pull off the magic a third time. Expand
  20. Aug 5, 2012
    Amazing. The best action movie and the best comedy movie. All Edgar Wright films never disappoint and this is his best. It's awesome, intense, thrilling, hilarious, violent and it blows my mind every time I watch it. I think it's cheap on iTunes so everyone should go check Hot Fuzz out.
  21. May 26, 2012
    This movie is hilarious. Plot was top-notch. Great overall movie, and not to mention all the awesome deaths they filmed.
  22. May 7, 2012
    PC Nicholas Angel (Simeon Pegg) is Londonâ
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    Hot Fuzz is a brilliant new Britsh comedy that really hits its mark!!! Hands down this fantastic film is the new benchmark in British comedies!

Simon Pegg throws you into the extremely tongue in cheek narrative with its quick pace edits, booming sounds and terrific camera work that we have come to expect from Edgar Wright since Shaun of the Dead. Simon Pegg has really exceeded my
    expectations and credit must also go to Nick Frost who plays the classic sidekick which he accomplishes so well. The aforementioned crafty work by Edgar Wright proves that his style creates some of the best action sequences in the business. Whether it be the shoot'em ups, chase scenes or the jump out of your seat surprises, Wright can really make a film move and does this one ever!!! People who thought the cop-comedy genre was finished should definitely see this creative film which will pluck those heart strings and have you slapping that knee while feasting your eyes on the adrenaline fueled action!!! Expand
  24. Sep 28, 2011
    Another fantastic movie by the people who brought us Shaun of the Dead and the newly released Paul, it's funny, action packed, and just plain awesome, it does have a darker sense of humor that the other movie they have done, but this is my opinion the best of the three, and once again Simon Pegg and Nick Frost do a fantastic job together, honestly I highly recommend this, you will not be disappointed, a must see. Expand
  25. Aug 12, 2011
    I really enjoyed this movie, a bit more than Shaun of the Dead, which i didn't find as funny, though i saw Hot Fuzz first maybe I had higher expectations for Shaun of the Dead. It's hilarious and the story is pretty good
  26. May 21, 2011
    i am giving this movie edition the same as its previous movie it provided a good level of both humor and drama and i enjoyed watching it and would recommend it
  27. Mar 6, 2011
    One of the best British films for quite some time. The second of the Blood And Ice Cream (Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg), first being Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz is the perfect parody of the buddy cop genre. Carefully paced story, brilliantly edited, solid acting and chemistry from Pegg and Frost and furthermore the jokes are everywhere and will keep you on your toes just to see what the joke was but you just subconsciously laugh at it without knowing. I could watch this again and again. It's too good. Expand
  28. Nov 7, 2010
    Brilliant film, but it's not as good or funny as Shaun of the Dead. Hopefully the final one in the 'trilogy' will be the best. I'm struggling to get 150 chars here XD
  29. Aug 21, 2010
    Actually one of the best action movies of all time whilst being one of the best Comedies of all time. Absolutely makes everything you see for a short while after seem boring. You'll watch it over and over again for its one-liners, great action sequences (especially at the end) and it's characters which include some of the best british talent ever seen in film.
  30. Aug 17, 2010
    Very funny movie, Simon Pegg is a great and very funny actor. There are countless things I laughed at whilst watching this movie, from the SWAN!!!!! to the bar gun fight scene. Hilarious movie, worth watching.
  31. BKL
    Aug 14, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a very funny movie. I have to say it is a killer movie. It will give you reason to suggestion what it takes to be a cop in a small village called Sanford. This movie will give you the time of your life! Expand
  32. Aug 14, 2010
    One of the best movies i have ever watched. Definitely in my top 20. After a few years, it will probably lead its place to my top 10. Edgar's best movie, in my opinion.

A little too long and suffers from a sagging midsection when the level of exposition becomes laborious, but the spectacularly entertaining final 30 minutes compensates for a lot of flaws.
    It's a blast.
  3. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    A sustained genre parody that's equally funny but (maybe in deference to the genre) much more pumped up.